Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born April 2007 #14

Kylie, Welcome to BB. I haven't been around this group for a while, I don't use my computer much at home, but I'm back at work now. These girls are a great group!

Von, it's been freezing in Sydney the past few days! Is it possible to be over Winter before it even starts?

Kel, I think Lily and Lachlan sound cute together I obviously don't worry about the top 10 lists either. It's not like Ben is unique
    I hear you on the climbing thing. Ben is up on everything at the moment. We have tiles everywhere, so my heart is constantly in my mouth. He does SO well though.
    I'm petrified that Ben's going to have a reaction to his shots too. It's so hard isn't it. On the one hand, you don't want them to get sick, but the reactions are frightening too

Mel, excellent news on the results!!! Poor Liv, at least you know what it is now and she's getting treatment.
    I've never really thought about Ben's eczma being related to food. It seems to be more the weather for him I think.

Jen, I was really scared about the MMR shot, but decided to get it in the end. I really hope Ben doesn't have any lasting effects. He screamed so much for these shots and looked at the doc like "Why would you do that!". After his shot he looked at me, pointed at the doc and looked like "Well, are you going to do something?" Funny boy.
    Your night sounds good on Sat night! Wish I'd managed a few more big(ish) nights between bfing and getting knocked up again!

Kaz, yay on Pip being on cows milk! Ben loves his honey toast and honey sandwiches. He's had peanut butter too, but honey is the big winner atm.

My sis' baby shower went really well yesterday - I can't believe how much stuff she got. I am totally exhausted today. I'm thinking I'll be using one of my many sick days later this week. Might as well use them up! The travel is just too much for me.

Ben's shirt finally arrived today so we're telling my folks I'm pg tonight. His shirt says "Big Brother (to be)" on the front and "yes mummy's having a baby!!!" on the back We figured this was the only way we could get Ben to tell the news since he has about a five word vocabulary

Have a good day!!!

HEy Disgirl ( funny i dont even know your first name!). That t-shirt sounds great. Enjoy telling everyone. Olivia has started climbing since yesterday, thismorning I found her getting on the couch. Shes sporting 2 bruises on her forehead from falling on the floorboards...oh well.

And shes started saying her name...you can hear the livia, the fromt bits like googly!!! So cute. Anyway, got to go shes woken up cranky

hI YA
    Far out I have been busy around here! I am not totally sure with what but I have a freelance job on atm doing up a showrom so I have been busy pricing that etc - and we look like we are getting somewhere with our house!!! We have someone else making offers now so thats 3 people, we have told the agent we want to sign contracts TODAY!!! We have made an offer on the house on the lake up the coast and its been accepted so looks like we are on the move!!!!
    Beau has been up and down with his behaviour the last few days - he is walking a lot more but really super whiny a lot, he sounds like a little girl and its really annoying!! Yesterday he wouldnt come back from the shops in the pram so I put him on my shoulders! He can be really rough and violent then last night he was climbing on the couch every 5min to give me a kiss and a cuddle then would climb back off! Too cute! He woke at 3am this morning tho, not sure if he was cold as his fluffy thick lamb suit thing i put over his pjs got wet with milk when I was putting him down do I layered about 4 track tops on him!LOL! He has a little milk and when back off to sleep til 6:30 this morning anyhow...maybe another dream?
    Hey I have just babbled incessantly havnt I? beau has had enough of mummy typing and has flipped his walker so I will drop back later to do personals.....the joys!

Just popping in quickly am rather depressed still...we had to put our dog down on the weekend it has been coming for ages he has always been aggressive and has a neurological disorder anyway still very hard to cope with especially when I have a 3 y/o who keeps asking why we can't go to heaven to pick Bonnie up...so i am trying to stay strong and that has ment satying out of the office since that is where the dof used to be most days curled up under the desk so memories I am trying to avoid right now...

Jen-shettlers is easy to follow and not that much work really I could not be bothered with the charting temp mucus ect so i brought a pack of the O strips you pee on from ebay and they were rather cheap compared to the ones you get in the supermarket and i did it that way so for a girl you would try either3 days before or after you O...If you like i am happy to leand you the book i can post it to you I will just need it back in December for when i try for my #3

Kel-congrats on the boy

hi to everyone else sorry for the lack of personals just want to get out of this office...be back soon

Hi All,

Just a quicky from me.....had my mum over today telling me I am not giving Olivia enough fluid coz shes only having a morning and night bottle. She also gets her sippy cup full of water and usually finishes that. So the bottles are about 240 ml each and the cup is 355ml. Plus she gets more dairy and 3 meals plus snacks. I think its heaps. Shes peeing fine too. Ah mothers, are they just brought onto this earth to drive you batty???? Hopefully I'm not like that!!!hehehe.

Thanks for the vent

Hi ladies,

Disgirl, glad to hear the baby shower was a success. It's stressful organising stuff like that hey? I get all wound up organising things, I just want it all to go well and stress about it all. Sounds like a good idea for you to have a me day!
    How did telling the parents go? What a great idea with the shirt.

Jen, yay, I'm so excited for you to hear that there is movement on the house selling front!
    Maybe Beaus muscles are sore from walking? That could be why he's whingy. I found Lil quite sooky when she was learning to walk too. Maybe it's the whole mentally learning as well as physically learning thing. It could just be tough for him.
    How cute getting all of those kisses and cuddles. They can be so sweet sometimes huh? Doesn't it make you all warm and gooey??

Von, sorry to hear about your dog. I remember when we had to have our dog put down, well mum did and she told me some old lady needed her for a friend so she went to live with her. I said that I needed my friend back and that she needs to come home. I didn't find out she was put down until about a year or so later! Death is all part of having pets and it's kind of good for your daughter to learn about it. I know it must be hard, but unfortunately that's life.
    Thanks for the congrats, we're pretty happy to be having a boy, I'm looking forward to parenting a boy, does that sound strange??

LOL Mel, my mum does the same thing to me. Every time I leave her house I am doubting something I do! DH has to reassure me that everything I am doing is just the right thing for MY daughter. Considering adults are 'supposed' to have 2l of water/liquid a day, I think over 700ml is fine for a tiny one yr old...Lil has three bottles of milk usually only about 150-180 mls each, a sippee cup of water (200ml- half of it usually ends up on the floor or spat out on her top) then I refill the cup and she might drink some/all of that or might not. I don't care as long as she has one full cup. With 3 (sit-down at the table) meals and bits and peices in between while she's playing. If she's weeing and pooing fine and is happy then that's all she needs. You're doing the right thing for your daughter!! Don't doubt that.

As for me well, I met up with a bb friend today. It was so nice to meet her in person. Lil and her little one are only three or four months different in age and it was so sweet to watch her play with a bub her own age. All of my other friends kids are older.
    I am really tired now though as I said before, organising things stresses me out! I almost fell asleep on the lounge earlier, but DH came home early an woke me up then Lil woke cause she heard his voice. He always comes home just when a sleep cycle ends and she's in that in between stage of sleep where she might wake up or might go back to sleep. Naturally she wakes when she hears him!
    I just took my temp before and its 38.7 does anyone know if having a higher temp in pg is normal, ie: is your normal temp higher in pg than it usually is?
    Anyway, I'm going to prepare dinner, tah tah!!

HEy KEl,
    Thanks I needed the reassurance. I know I am doing the right thing, but sometimes she really says things that get on my nerves. I got dh to reassure me many times tonight too AAggg.

And yep, youre about 1 degree higher while pregnant, all that extra blood pumping around.

Oh and to make myself feel better I was just thinking about what my mum did last week when looking after Olivia....she decided that the yoghurt straight from the fridge was too cold, so she warmed it up in the microwave...then Liv threw most of it up...why do I listen and beat myself up??? Especially when she does that!!!!

Well I am having a night infont of the tv while dh is at ice hockey training. Have a great night.

Hiya....
    Unfortunately Kel the house had fallen thru so its wine all around tonight here!!! Yep havin the hots is absolutely a pg symptom! Speaking of that had a really sexy dream this morning and got AF today so Dh didnt get the benefit! Oh well....even if its a different kind of hots....
    Mel - Gosh I am glad my mum starts and finishes every sentence with "oh well you know what youre doing..." even when I have zero idea!! You are doing a great job! I am trying to get Beau to drink LESS as he soaks thru his nappies in the mornings all the time!
    Von - Hugs about your dog thats sad - take it easy on yourself - thanks for the shettlers info I am going to look up the o things on ebay - do I put in o strips?
    Hi Dis and Kaz and Kris and Erin too - gotsta go SATC is on Oprah
    x

Jen sorry your house fell through- lots of luck getting rid of it and enjoy a few glasses of wine for me!!!
    My mum just gets on my nerves at times, though shes been really good to me since Olivia has been around. I know she means well and she does say that shes not trying to tell me what to do...but!!! I think I am just extra sensitive too at the moment.
    Olivia had soaked her nappy this morning, dh was sure what to do!!! It went through all her jarmies so I am sure shes getting plenty of fluid!!!
    We went to the paed today and talked about heaps of stuff. Firstly eczema..i have to lather her with sorbalene twice a day and washe her with qv body wash and see how that goes. Her left foot turns in, I suppose due to having been squashed inside me and born with positional talipers and hip dysplasia, so her joints are all loose and the fact that she sits on her legs/feet doesnt help, so its back to physio to strengthen her up. Other stuff but I cant think!!! We go and see him again in Jan for a check up.
    her sores are almost healed, the paed wanted me to keep her off til next week but I negotiated tomorrow and had to negotiatie that with day care, much to their horror. It was like "where did she get that from?" I'm just crabby with the whole day care thing. And work too. I just want to work from home. problem is I get great money doing my job. If Olivia stays sleeping well, I might just work friday nights...that might work.
    Sorry I'm on a bit of a downer, just thinging about life again...I was like this last time!!!
    thanks for listening

Hey All,
    Mel, dont worry about being down, my official name at home atm is Debbie Downer and DH's is Bob Bummer. He was in bed at 7:30 last night....never a good sign. We just need to sell our house and move on - why does money seem to be the root of everything?
    Wow, you cope so amazingly well seeing as tho Olivia has had lots of challenges that the rest of our bubbas havnt. You sound like you have a good Paed, lets hope with some more walking and getting around Olivia's foot might get some more strength too? i wash beau with Sorbelene and lather it on after bath too - if i do that for week it sorts itself out (so then I get lazy again!) - even tho my SIL says her paed says sorbelene is bad cause of its contents.....she is a bit like your mum but just gives you the withering look IYKWIM? Says it all!
    Well Beau was just 'up' last night walking everywhere, he seems more confident at night time which is weird - but he is up everywhere again this morning too so.....he iwalking!!!!

Mel, I'm a Mel too, although I'm a Melinda not a Melissa
    You are a great mum! As Jen said, you have a lot more to deal with with Liv than what we've had and you're doing just fine. By the sounds of it, Liv is drinking a lot more than Ben does - he's lucky to get 300mls a day - he just won't have more. He wees and poos fine though so I don't see a prob.
    Ben says his name too, but usually all he can talk about is Daddadadadadad! Except when he's tired and it's a real sooky "Muuuuuuuuum!". He's started saying "Nan" now much to my mum's delight. He really only says about five or six words though. I'm sure he understands hundreds though.

Von, I'm really sorry about your dog. We had to get our family dog put down a few years ago and I still tear up thinking about it. They really are a part of our families.

Jen, sorry about the house falling through. Where are you moving to? I missed all of that while I was away from BB.
    I'm the same as you with Ben and QV/sorbelene cream. As soon as he clears up I stop doing it - lazy, lazy, lazy!!!!

Kel, Ben seems to have a radar for his dad too. Not good since DH works shift!!! Seems to go through stages though, sometimes he doesn't hear him, othertimes it's EVERY night. Grrrrrr!

Ben's tshirt was a hit on Monday night. Dad took a while to catch on. He made some comment about "is he going into the big brother house?" and then when mum asked/screamed "REally?!?!" he was like "oh....are you pregnant?" Oh dear. A senior moment if ever I've seen one LOL They are both thrilled though. Their 4th grandchild in less than two years - sixth overall. My sis is excited too - she's due in a month so the bubs will be about 7 months apart.

We're telling DH's family on the long weekend. We had some dramas on that side of the family this week so we're going to see how things go before we tell them. We're a bit selfish and don't want our news to be swallowed up by the sad stuff that's happening, so we'll see.

Ben decided yesterday that he would walk. He has been shuffling around a bit for a couple of months, but yesterday it was like he woke up and went "Hmm, I think I'll walk everywhere today!". So walking it is! He can walk easily from one side of the room to the other. He did exactly the same with crawling too - went from nothing to full on crawling in an instant. Strange, strange boy!!!! Hopefully now I won't have to carry him as much. He's just getting too heavy!

Sooooo glad it's Thursday! Bring on the weekend!

Hey Mel and jen- i think I was having a bit of a downer over the past few days- obviously I was, reading back!!! feeling much better after talking with dh about some things.
    Just a question- when you put sorbalene in the bath, is it the lotion? I tried that once before and it was all gluggy!! Its hard to lather the girl up twice a day, she barely sits still! Shes a great kid with a huge personality despuite some of the things shes gone/going through. I've been blessed. I am so happy with her.

It must be walking time fort your boys!! isnt it fun?!?! I took Olivia to the shopping centre without the pram the other day, OMG it was hard work, especially when she wouldnt hold my hand or go the way I wanted. And she cracked it if I picked her up coz she wanted to walk. Cute but hard work!!! I distracted her with a vegie california roll!!!

Mel am glad things went well with your announcement...parents are funny, sometimes they just dont get it, or they are on another planet!!! seniors moment indeed. Good luck with the inlaws!

Oh anyway better get back to work...i'm supprised they havent blocked this site yet!!!!

Chat later x o

evening ladies,

another cough/snotty nose tonight. really actually hoping he *is* ill so I get tomorrow off work. how sad's that!!!

DisMel - must say, how wonderful to have your parents so close to you to do stuff like that! We might do that if we're blessed with DH's sister/brother

MiniMel - how cute at the shopping centre! It would drive me batty - just walking him to the change table is hard! And don't worry about being on a downer, happens to us all Also, go to a pharmacy, they sell sorbelene wash there, a sorbelene soap if you will.

Jen - sorry about the house. Funny though, it will work out. *huggs*

Us - well, I've made an appointment for Tuesday with the EAP, which is the "employee assistance program". They have "trained psychologists and life coaches" - it was recommended I do that after I bawled in a meeting for half an hour. Doh. Told DH and he was "oh ok, whatever".

ARGHHhhh.

anyhows, the house is a mess, I have no clean undies and will either have to:
    a) do a britney or
    b) wear DHs or
    c) wear pantyhose without undies

I hate a & c, so that leaves b). Doh. Wonder if he has any clean?

What else? Ahhh, have started getting rid of the "baby" stuff - like custard. Pip had adult custard with banana - its weird to stop buying the "lite" stuff! I wonder why "lite" is so bad?

Oooh, and Tuesday the childcare phoned me at work (at 8:20am) to say Pip had fallen and bumped his head, did I want to pick him up? I mean, seriously - I checked if he was bleeding (no) or had mismatched pupils (no) or fluid coming from his ears (no) so asked them to keep him there and not give him his morning nap. And when I picked him up, there wasn't even a bump there. A bruise there today though. ahhhwell.

I just want sleep. for about a year.

Oh Kaz, hugs to you, I'll come and do your washing for you because as of today there is no more work, so I have plenty of time!!!
    I would wear dhs undies, they are much more comfy than wearing dirty ones and heaps more comfy than just wearing stockings!!!! Or you could get one of pips nappies!!!

Hope things sort themselves out for you soon and good luck with the life coach...might be just what you need....put things into perspective.

On that note, am going to shower and bed, have an obs appointment tomorrow

Hellooo!!!!!

Wow - I've missed soooo much! I'm glad all of you are well! I can't possible catch up on all those missed posts so will have to do better keeping up with you all!

We've been super busy - Our unit is now for sale and we're busy searching for a new house...it has been quite depressing as we realise we're extremely limited to what we can afford...We have our first lot of people coming through our house tomorrow...I wonder how long it will all take??? Mind you we still need to find a place so it doesn't matter if it takes a month or so to sell...
    I'm already sick of keeping it perfectly clean though...LOL!

Umm what else??? Ooh the last couple of days I've been feeling bubs moving around so thats been super exciting!! Although I still don't have a tummy yet! LOL!

Kids are well! Dylan is such a little terror but is just gorgeous! He's running around everwhere and had another fall on pavers on the weekend (we were up at bonnie doon) so another big egg on his head and then tripped and knocked his cheek on a solid pine bed so almost ended up with a black eye from that...in the wars a bit thats for sure! But he's a climber as well so it's bound to happen...
    He loves singing at the moment and can do some of the wiggles actions which is cute. He sits with Louis and they do row row row your boat! He can also do a diamond in the sky with twinkle twinkle. He doesn't talk a lot but knows a lot iykwim? Although if you ask him what a snake, lion, dinosaur or fishy say he makes the noises. He says mum, dad, oma, drink, birdie, dog, etc so going along quite well. He's quite rough but loves cuddles and kisses as well - its so cute when the 2 boys have a cuddle and a kiss...although they both annoy each other at times as well!

Ok - thats enough of a rant from me...I'll endeavour to keep in touch a bit better now! Chat later!

Mel, don't worry about having a bit of a downer - you didn't seem too bad to me! I didn't even notice really!!!!
    I don't use sorbelene in the bath, I use QV bath oil and QV lotion when he's out and dry.

Kaz, bummer on the clean knickers! Our house looks like a bomb has gone off in it. Dog fur everywhere. I haven't vacuummed in a week. The floor needs a mop. Ben's toys are everywhere. Washing is actually the only thing I keep on top of....don't talk to me about the ironing!!!
    Poor Pip. A bit of an over-reaction by the daycare, but maybe they have to give you that option as their duty of care obligations?
    Good luck with the life coach

Kris, great to hear from you! How exciting to feel bub move!!!!

Well girls, I've gotta get some work done today. Thank goodness it's Friday! I'm feeling good though, after Ben slept for 12.5 hrs meaning I got to sleep for 10 - woohoo!

Have a good Friday!

Yeah on the big sleep Disgirl! LOL at the messy house - mine is normally like that all the time...it has honestly never been so clean and it's killing me! The poor kids don't know whats going on - LOL! I normally only do a good clean every week or 2! We don't have pets though which makes it easier and mostly floorboards...I figure I'm building their immune systems! LOL!

Hi all,

Mel, LOL @ your mum heating yogurt in the micro, what did she think might happen??!!
    I hope you can negotiate with work to work at home. I wish I had that option. Sometimes I hate that aspect of my job. But then I like it too cause then I have no choice but to do my work at work, I just can't take things home to do!
    DH and I took Lily to the shops with out the pram the other day too. I have a harness for her because she talks to anyone and is pretty quick! But she still just went what ever way she wanted to and kept on pulling on the harness til we went that way with her! Then she nearly got run over by a trolley, though that wasn't her fault...OMG she was a menace!! Luckily the pram was just in the car so we went to get it.

Jen, sorry to hear about the house. That's a bummer. I hope it happens soon for you. I hate money at the mo too. It soooo sucks living week to week. I find it so stressful. DH doesn't seem to see how bad it can be, just one little thing needs to go wrong and we are really up ***** creek.
    Yaaayyy that B is walking, it won't be long before he's running away from you!

Disgirl, how nice for your kids to be close to their cousins. Lil's closest cousin is 4yrs old. And it's not looking like she'll be getting anymore.
    And yaaayyy for you guys too that Ben is walking!
    And lucky you getting so much sleep. I can't remember that last time I got more than 4 or 5 hours at a time. I know it could be worse, but working and being pg makes things harder! Especially when I can't have a nanna nap.

Kaz, I hope Pip is feeling better today. Lily's nose eyes and mouth have been dripping like a tap, poor little monkey looks sooo miserable. She had the worst sleep last night and I ended up bringing her into our bed where she slept for 5hrs straight! But woke up at 5.45am, grrr...
    LOL not having undies, I thought that only happened to me, hehehe!! I usually just wear DH's. He usually wears boxers so he always has some spare undies in his drawers
    We don't do baby stuff anymore and haven't for a while. Except for yogurt, she seems to not like 'adult' yogurt, but luuuurves the 'baby' stuff. She eats almost anything so I'm lucky and she likes tasty food, spicy stuff doesn't bother her, in fact she love it. The only reason low fat is not reccommended is because babies need fat, and the energy it provides. I have given Lil skim milk once or twice, on the occaision that we've run out of full fat milk.
    And yep the reason the ccc calle dyou is due to duty of care. If something worse had have come of his fall then they are liable, so they need to cover their a$$e$. I remember one time a little girl at the centre I worked at broke her upper arm and no one knew. We (I) checked her over, rotated her arm and she didn't cry or anything, then went on playing after a bit of a cry. Then next week she came in in a full arm cast!! We were lucky her mum and dad were really great about it.

Kris, yaaayy that you're buying a house!! I know it might be depressing not being able to get what you want but at least it's a step up! I can't wait til we can buy a house.
    And yaayy you're feeling bubby moving. I started to feel this bub move pretty early too, about 15wks for sure but earlier I thought I could but not for sure! It just makes it all a bit more real huh? And makes you take time to kind of notice it a bit more.
    How cute Dylan sounds, singing and dancing. Lily has the most hilarious dance moves, she puts her arms in the air and sticks her tummy out and bends her knees and bops, it's so funny.

Well as for us, I think I'm getting the flu. Mum and my neice have been sick with it and Lily is getting it too. Poor little mokey has been a bit miserable today. She's been dosed up to the eyeballs with panadol and nurofen, I've been alternating it since the dr said it's better for fever control?? I am buggered, with Lily waking every hour then half hour til about 1am this morning, then sleeping til 5.45am. There was also night roadworks outside our units, literally outside the window. All I could hear all night was trucks beeping and workmen yelling at each other. I'm surprised Lil slept at all.
    I had a dr appointment today. She said that bubby is measuring 3wks ahead for my dates...no wonder I feel so huge! And he's laying breech along my spine, so will be giving me bad backache and big kicks in the cervix/bladder! Which he does. I have to spend time on my hands and knees...maybe I should scrub the floor that way instead of mopping...at least something in the house will be clean, LOL!!

Well that's it for now, this turned into an epic! Hope you all have a great weekend

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast