Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2007 #15

Yeah!! Congratulations Von!! How exciting!!! Woohoo!!! How are you feeling??

Tiffanny - Good to hear from you! Yeah at Phoebe walking!! Sorry to hear you've been working so hard!

You mus have missed my other 2 posts lol...yep pregers still in shock though have no idea how i am going t handle 3

geeze, miss a couple of days and there's pages to read!!!

VON - omg, great news for March!!!!

ummmmm

anyhows, we had our first trip to the emergency ward on Saturday - Pip somehow escaped the house through 3 doors, and fell down the concrete outdoor stairs - lucky I was coming up them and caught him as he was rolling. Well we got to the hossy @ 5:45 and saw the doc @ 1:45am ... home @ 2am.

All's ok, but geeeeeze my back hurts from a sooky boy who would only cuddle his mummy!

Omg Kaz - so sorry to hear of Pips accident...I'm so glad everythings ok - how scary for you! Gosh what a long wait...thats the worst thing at hospitals...Hope he's all better soon...

Congratulations Von!!!

Hi girls!

Kaz, OMG poor Pip! I'm glad he's alright. They're sneaky little buggers - clever too, three doors! What a houdini!!!! I hate hospital emergency rooms. Spent far too long in them at various stages in my life.

Kris, Congrats on selling your house! Have fun looking for a new place

Von - congratulations!!!! How exciting!

Tiffany, yay that Phoebe is walking. Now you'll get a good workout! Your work hours sound a bit crazy.

Kel, hope Lil is still having some good nights. My hormones have been haywire lately too. DH has banned me from watching the news on tele since all I do is cry and yell at the tv

Jen, let's hope all those contracts going out lead to something. It must be awful being in limbo.

Mel, how did you go at the allergist? Poor little Liv When's your scan? I've got a memory like a seive at the moment!

Us, Ben has a new cousin; Paige Elizabeth! She was born on Thursday night. After my sis had an epidural (which she didn't originally want, but she'd had enough!), she went from 2cms to 8cms in less than two hours! Paige is perfect and both her and my sis are doing well. Ben wasn't too sure about her at first, but my sis and bil still live with my folks and that's where Ben goes when I'm at work, so he's getting use to her quick smart! Apprantly he keeps trying to share his dummy with her. I guess it's good - at least he's not trying to hit her or anything!

I've been having a mixed bag of it. My m/s is a lot better throughout the day, but I feel plain awful at night and even vomitted (sorry - tmi!) for the first time on Sun night. DH is being an absolute angel and takes over the minute we get home. Last night all I did was lay on the lounge while DH cooked dinner, kept Ben entertained, bathed him, and dressed him. What a saint! He does it every night too, I don't know what I'd do without him

Anyway, I have my first clinic appt next week, where hopefully I'll find out if I'm in caseload or not and I'll get my referral for the NT scan. It's starting to feel a lot more real now!

Hi Disgirl - Sorry to hear you've been feeling so sick...I hope it doesn't last much longer! Wow - your dh does sound like an angel! How nice of him to do so much for you! I wish! LOL!
    Yeah at Ben having a little cousin! Congrats to your sister! How cute that he wants to share with her - you're right - much better than trying to hit her!!

Having another quiet day...I still feel sick with a cold so not really trying to do anything much! Dylan's feral as well - so grizzly and clingy - I think cos he's not feeling well also...poor little munchkin...he's already been asleep for a while...

Congrats Von, happy pregnancy

Kel, huge hugs to you. Sounds like Lils starting to get the hang of sleeping. Fingers crossed. We need to put a new mattress in the new bed, coz I cant be lugging them back and forward. DH tried her in the bed and after her bottle she wondered out to the lounge, so he popped the mattress back into the cot, where it has stayed. As soon as the mattress comes along, my plan is day sleeps in bed for a while, then attepmts at nights...lets see!!

Hey Tiff, good to hear from you. And congrats on Phoebe walking.

Well, am working so better run, chat soon

Melissa

OMG i missed a whole page...talking about my memory being like a sieve...i just missed it!! Having to write lists for everything now, its so very frustrating.

Kaz, hope Pips ok, poor little escape artist. Hope youre ok too, must have been a shock.

Mel- sorry youre not too well. Hope youre feeling better soon. See I got this far and cant remember what you wrote...OMG this is so bad. Its both you and Kel who are crying lots? Right?!?! Me too, blubbering, forgetful mess!!!

Ok, I think I caught up...ps, bubs is having a good old roll around. Kicked me in the back last night, woke me up. Puts your mind to rest too!!!

Hi Again,
    Wow Kaz glad Pip is ok - cant be too careful now they are up and running I guess! Glad it didnt become anything major.
    Kris- Sorry you guys are feeling under the weather - rug up and hibernate I say!
    Dis - Your DH sounds lovely, doing what men should I think! I know my Dh will be great too when I am PG again, he is pretty perceptive when I have had enough even now! LOL! Your MS is NS by the sounds you poor thing, take it easy. Congrats on little Paige, how cute Ben must be with her.
    Mel - Cant wait to hear how the big bed goes! Cheeky bubs booting you!
    Us - I am having a bit of a downer today, just house stuff and as you say Dis being in 'limbo' - I have had enough! I have a friend coming over for lunch so hopefully her tales of a single sex life will perk me up! He he - or depress me more! Beau is being a cranky pants today too, he just had an interrupted by the phone sleep (have I mentioned he is a massive lite sleeper? Like his dad) We went to the shops before and he didnt want juice, snack, toy all he wanted was to roam into shops on his own....and I had 'those' comments from people too - like "must be hungry" or " his hands are soo cold!" OMG! Who asked you to touch him anyway???????? ok sorry for the rant as I said I am a bit moody! And I am not even PG!
    Alright better go and sort lunch out, I am only heating up vegetable lasagne from last night and I made some coconut bread so that will have to do!
    Bye ox

Hehehe Mel, I understand where you are coming from - lists help!!! Sometimes I get halfway to mum's and have to make sure I have all my clothes on right....did I remember undies? It's a bit easier now that it's freezing, i'm sure I'd noticed if I was missing something!
    Yep, I'm the cry-baby! At least we can all blame the hormones!

Kris, hope you and Dylan are feeling better soon

Ooops, missed your post Jen!

Don't you just love those comments by 'helpful' old bats? Sometimes I wonder what would happen if you just lost it and told them to bugger off and mind their own business!
    I can just picture Beau walking around in the shops by himself. Ben likes to think he doesn't need me either. They're so grown up now - 14 months old and they already think they know everything. Geez, looking forward to those teenage years!!!!

Enjoy your lunch

Thanks for the congrats..still have not told dh lol...

Kaz-omg I am glad Pip is ok..I don't know how close James has come to falling down the stairs at the front so many times I have not shut the door proply as I run the rubish to the bin and i have seen him just about to take on the first step

disgirl-Thank god i have not had to face m/s yet am hoping it may just skip me by this time round lol

krisvee-hope you all feel better real soon

minimatron-kicks that wake you up wow. I must say James was never a real kicker which used to stress me so much cause I was always worried about how he was doing and if he was ok I guess I was rather paranoid about the lack of movement and ended up in hospital many night to be monitored...also didnt help that I lost my first son at 16 weeks...

jen-How did the lunch go woth your single friend?...I try and avoid my single friends cause they depress me lol they still have there perfect bods stretch mark free and seem to be going out every other night oh and not to mention sleeping lol....

Well have to go to work tonight so should get going and do what i have to do before i have to go. Still not really wanting to work but I guess i will be on maternity leave before i know it lol

Melissa - I wouldn't stress too much about her sleeping well in a big bed yet...she's still so little - I'm sure it will take some time to get used to the idea. LOL at being forgetful...I'm very vague at the moment thats for sure...
    Yeah at bubs kicking so much! I'm feeling them every day now but some days a lot more than others...

Jen - Big hugs...I don't blame you for having had enough thats for sure!! Don't you just love it when everyone has advice on your child?? Drives me batty! Hope your arvo picks up!

Disgirl - LOL at remembering your undies! hehe. I haven't had to worry about Dylan running around yet as he's always stuck in the pram because Louis walks more...there's no way I could have him on the loose - I'd end up losing both of them! LOL!

Von - LOL at not telling dh yet - what do you think his reaction will be?? Sorry to hear about your first little boy...that must have been soo hard! I don't blame you for getting check ups!
    Hope work goes quickly tonight!

I feel crappy still...lucky had frozen fish and chips in the freezer so not really cooking dinner...very healthy of course!! LOL! Will have to hop into bed early...

Helllllooo....
    Its so freezing here this morning!
    LOL at you guys being PG forgetful! I think once you are PG your mind never recovers so I cant imagine how bad it is PG again with a little terror too!
    I just logged on here and heard some sucking chewing noises in the next room from B - thinking he had the baby wipes or found the portugese tart in the pram from yesterday or something...but he was sitting on the lounge with his bottle watching Sunrise! LOL!
    Kris - mmm yum fish and chips! Got Dh to make dinner last night too as was over being domestic! Have you started packing yet or are waiting for exchange?
    Von - Hope you have told Dh now! What was his reaction? Lunch went well - she is dating a hot carpenter after her long term relationship with a pasty professional type broke up - she is enjoying the hot s*x with him etc! So details are good!
    Dis - Yea he doesnt want to know me! Hope its not a preview of things to come he he! I actually queue now in the long ones at Woolies to avoid the woman who does the express queue - she basically told me off one day for loading the bottom of the pram up with groceries and how they arent designed for that etc etc....and I said "Well I dont have a car so do you want to carry them home?" and she did the whole "We managed in my day" and I said "Well you must be made of tougher stuff than us mums today" They drive me nuts!!!
    Mel - Hope you have your undies on LOL! Had your scan yet?
    Us - Beau has started blowing on all his food before he eats it like mummy which is super cute! he didnt stir at all last night but DH woke him up when he went to work just before 6 so i cant catch a break! I bought him a New Macdonalds Farm DVD yesterday to play on the laptop in the car on Sunday when we have to go up the coast to MIL's and back in one day - not looking forward to that car ride!!
    Hi Kel and everyone else too.
    Last edited by JenSam; July 2nd, 2008 at 07:48 AM.

Morning girls!

Von, did you tell your DH last night? Come on we're dying to know his reaction!!!! I hear ya on the not wanting to go to work thing - luckily my position is pretty much part-time now, although they have to employ me full time. Leaves plenty of time for playing on the internet!!! I have a countown in the corner of my computer screen....only 21 weeks, 2 days, 7 hours and 17 minutes til my maternity leave!!!! Think I'm a bit keen to get out of here?!?!

Kris, musta been fish and chips day yesterday. I bought some for lunch, but only had three bites since it tasted funny. Was probably me not the fish! Hope yours was better than mine.

Jen, LOL I didn't think it was that cold this morning - just windy! How cute is Beau blowing on his food?!?! Ben has just started doing a really exaggerated nod for 'yes' now, it cracks me up. I swear they find a new cute thing to do every day
    Your lucky friend! A hot new carpenter - yummo! Not that I'm too interested in anything like that now. I have a non-existant libido.
    Good luck with the drive on Sunday. We find that if we can break for about 20 minutes about one and a half hours in and let Ben get out and have a play and a run around, it works wonders. We've done a lot of long drives this year for funerals/parties and that's what works for us.

Us, well I had another shocker last night. A piece of bread with butter on it for dinner (for me, Ben had casserole). Luckily we had a good night sleep-wise. I'm over work though. I think I'll be sick tomorrow. I've got a mother's group on and about five weeks' left of sick leave so why not? It all just seems too hard some days!

Well, better put in a few hours' worth of work - Ciao!

Hi!

Jen - No packing just yet...will wait until we buy and then will begin...being in such a small place now though we really don't have a lot of idle stuff sitting around...most of it's already in the garage or under the house...I hate having a cluttered house (well, other than toys) so I'm forever putting things out in the garage (much to Michael's disgust as it's "his")
    It's going to be so funny when we move though...we'll be able to furnish one room and thats it! LOL!! It will probably look like a really bare house! Probably have to go and get some of that really cheap stuff from fantastic furniture or something that won't matter if the kids trash it over the next few years...We bought some new stuff when we had Louis and it's all wrecked so we refuse to spend a lot on furniture until the kids are older...
    LOl at your friend...hehehe. Lucky thing!
    Omg at the lady in the checkout!!! I can't believe people are sooo rude!
    LOl at beau blowing on his food...Dylan does that as well...he also goes over to the oven and blows as well so at least we know he knows its hot!

Disgirl - Well...not sure about the fish and chips being better than yours - I served it up (I only eat chips anyway cos I'm vego) and left Louis at the table for 10 sec with the wiggles sauce and that was enough time for him to take the lid off and completely fill his bowl with sauce - the whole bottle almost!!!!! So needless to say I had to make him another bowl of food so I didn't really get much! LOL! I got cross at him but I was trying not to laugh at the same time...
    LOL at your non existant libido - I'm with you - but the thought is nice! Hehehe. Poor dh - I just tell him to bear with me at the moment...I have to be careful though cos if I make it to tough now he'll definitely not want no.4!!
    Hope you feel better soon...chucking a sicky sounds like a good idea!

Off to the toy sales tonight at midnight...Not sure how I'll cope tomorrow however but we'll see...I've lost my mind well and truly! LOL!

Oooh, I forgot to mention the Toy Sales! I'm thinking of heading to Big W (another reason I need a sicky tomorrow!) to layby one of the climbing/playgym thingys. I'll be really annoyed if they don't have any!!!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast