Thread: Babies Born April 2007 #15

Default Babies Born April 2007 #15

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in April 2007

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Adminstrator
    Sherie ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    MistyFying

Should you wish to email them, you can find their email addresses here.

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notifications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Your Previous thread can be found here http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/your...2007-14-a.html

Hehe - I'm first! Nothing to say though...other than I've got a tummy ache...poor me...LOL!

Hellllllooooooo everyone, I have all good intentions to keep up with this thread LOL I'm not doing a very good job of it. I've just tried to read back on old posts & can't remember what I read. Even after begging DH to get me a laptop I'm still lagging behind....oh well.

Hope you are all well & those with bubs on the way are feeling super!!!

Welcome to those newbie whom I have not yet said Hello to.

I hope bubs are sleeping well & being good (we at least some of the time he,he).

I'm now working 3days a week, so trying to keep up with everything. Though last week & this week its 4days. Charlie has finally settled into daycare & does not cry when I drop him off YAY. I feel much better about that now. DH is in America for almost 3weeks!!! It's only day 2 & I'm already wondering how I will cope. Charlie has still been up & down sick so have spent many weekends etc just holding him to poor little thing. He now officially has all teeth but 2yo molars so I hope that's going to make a difference...he's cut teeth every month for what seems like a lifetime. Sleeping is getting better here, only one wake up. Think that's got something to do with a new heater & not being so sick anymore. Anywho...that's really all from us. Nothing new & exciting. Charlie plays really well with other kids now...I was most impressed at a friends yesterday I actually got to relax.

Bye for now...I will try to keep up with this thread. Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Hi All,
    Just got back from a weekend away up at mums in the mountains and wanted to say "hi" just wizzed thru the posts to make sure everyone is ok.
    Hi Alyce - welcome!
    I will do personals later as Beau is cranky so gotsta fly!
    xxxx

Hi!

We've had a great day visiting a friend at her place in the country (well about 45min away but they live on acreage) The kids had a ball splashing in puddles with their gumboots (sooo filthy!) and playing with the chickens and getting all dirty and muddy!
    They both fell asleep in the car on the way home and I Louis is still asleep on the couch!
    Had one scare as Dylan was dropping little grapefruits into a a big tub of water in their vegie garden and then because he couldn't reach nearly tipped himself straight in - geez - we were standing right there so he only got his arms in and I grabbed his head but it was sooo cold and rainy. You can see how quickly accidents can happen around water thats for sure! Gosh this little muchkin is going to turn my hair grey - LOL!

Erin - Wow at dh being away for 3 weeks! I'm sure you'll be fine but I can understand how tough it will be! Sorry to hear Charlie still has his sick moments but sounds like things are on the improve which is great. It's nice to see them playing nicely with kids isn't it? Don't stress about keeping up on here - you sound very busy with work and being at home alone at the moment!

Jen - Hope you had a great weekend! How's the house selling going? We had another open for inspection yesterday with only 2 people through! GRRR - however 1 of them came back for a second inspection in the arvo and grabbed a section 32 so hopefully they may put in an offer - but not holding my breath!!

Chat later!

Morning girls,
    Hope you all had a great weekend. Hey erin, glad things are getting better with Charlie. Hopefully it will settle now he has all his teeth. Hows things with you and your new place??? I suppose its not new anymore, seeing you made the move a while back!!!

Jen and Kristie, hope your places sell soon. It must be a bugger to have opens all the time. We were renting this house and it was on the market and had opens all the time...no one was buying, so we put in an offer and got it!!!! And we're still here

Us- we had a good weekend. I got to go out on Saturday morning with the girls from mums group, baby free, to the pancake parlour. It was nice having a few hours break. Olivia pooed in the bath last night..hehe,and slept pretty well. Shes grizzly this morning though, just that continual grunting and wanting to be picked up. So on that note, I'd better go. Have a great day

Hi!

Mel - Yeah at having just a get together with your mothers group! I find them so good as you can really chat well...
    Wow at buying your rental! Thats great! At least you wouldn't have had to move - lOL!
    Bugger that Olivia's grizzle today though...

Well, we had the best nights sleep in forever! Dylan didn't wake up at all - I couldnt' believe it! We're normally up at least a couple of times and I didn't hear from him until about 7.40am! OMG! and Louis slept in until around 8am. Geez...amazing what the fresh country air can do for them! LOL! Worth moving there just for good sleep I reckon...hehe.

Hi Guys,
    Where has my beautiful baby gone? he is devil child at the moment! Up at 5am - absolutely cranky beyond belief - I am waiting around for Gloria jeans to open this morning at 7am for some caffeine! LOL! I just smeared his gums with sm -33 and he seems a bit better - probably on a sugar high. Gosh mel can we just stick Olivia and b together today and leave them to it? Thats a great way you snagged your house! He is chucking tantrums left and right now. His fist is sooo far in his mouth and he has a grey marle hoodie on today and it is black around the neck with dribble poor bugger.
    Kris - Yea the mountain air was nice too! No long sleep ins like that but! Thats good you were right there to catch Dylan - he is a monkey by the sounds! Heres crossing our fingers for our places, ours house is near a road zoned for road widening in the next 8yrs possibly (we are adjacent to it) so thats why ours is harder to shift too - as the market is so slow - we bought this when the market was hot so we didnt care IYKWIM?
    I have the secret weapon to quiet long drives with a no car sleeper and two dogs sitting next to him- a watered down McDonalds thick shake in their bottle. Bad I know but ahhh the serenity!!!
    Erin - thats great Charlie is more settled at daycare for you - must be a weight off your shoulders now - and he is sleeping better yay!
    Hey Kel and Kaz hope you guys are well and lil and pip and you havnt gotten any bigger Kel!!
    Mums was good - she was away so we had the house to ourselves, it was nice to have a big yard and a driveway (what us city folk wish for!) for Beau too hoon around in and she has an awesome fire so that was cosy too!
    Anyway better attempt to do the tidy up!

Jen - big hugs! I hope he settles for you soon! LOL at the mcdonalds thickshake! Hot chips work a treat with my boys...so unhealthy but oh well...it's not everyday! Glad you had a nice time away!

Helllo all!

We just had our 12-mth jabs today (he was very sick at 12mths, then I forgot his appointment a couple of weeks ago!) so hoping he's OK this week. Else I'll be taking the week off work
    In the car I give Pip a collection of rice rusks and fruit chews and mini-muesli bars, plus cows milk if needed. And ensure I've given him plenty of running-around time before leaving!!!!!

Jen - how many teeth does B have now? We now have 10 - the molars are well and truely through now.

Kris - how's everything going to get to narrewarren? Be great if you could, we'd be able to meet at FG & eat lots of donuts

Mel - are you feeling better? Hugs to Moo. Pip's similar, wanting hugs too.

Erin - ouch, not good on your own. One of the ladies in my MG, her hubby heads o/s for work one week of every month. Don't know how she does it.

Us - Pip's started "spinning". Dizzy pip is funny! Little drunken man We have a puppy, Pip loves pulling its ears. Ooops.

Dream pretty all.

Bugger about the needles Kaz...unfortunately it has to be done...hope he doesn't react to bad...

Yeah...just waiting to sell this house so we can buy something! Just have to be patient - the market really has slowed - the real estate said that prices on houses are down 5-10% on what they were at the same time last year!!! I'm certainly up for a catch up - anytimes! FG's not that far away from me now!
    LOL at Pip spinning! Dylan does it as well - until he falls over! He goes "woh woh" and then makes himself fall - he's a little character. I love that they have little senses of humour now! Anything for a laugh!

Chat later...

Hi girls,

A short one for me, just cut and pasted from my belly buddies, lazy I know

Well I have had a pretty *****ty day, just feeling really bleugh, nothing in particular. Lily is really getting to me with her whinging, she literally follows me around whinging and if I don't pick her up she gets louder and starts to cry and scream just to be picked up. If I sit with her, try to distract her it doesn't work. She just wants me to hold her and do the stuff I'm doing. And my back is too sore to do that. She just destroys stuff too. She had a sippee cup of milk and arrowroot bickie before and I sat her on her beanbag to watch 'in the night garden' I recorded for her, so I could at least prepare dinner, and after 5mins or so I looked over the lounge to check on her (I can see from the kitchen), thinking she's being so good! And you know what?? There was milk and arrowroot bickie everywhere squished into the floor...on my cream rug. I have managed to keep it clean and nice for a whole 14mths!!!! Arrrgh!!!!!
    We had a two hour wake up at 4am this morning thankfully she went back to sleep at about 5.45. As well as the other times I was up with her. Again I was in tears of frustation. DH got home at 6.45 and she woke up and let me sleep til 7.15 before he was too tired to stay up.
    A good thing though today, my mum came over this morning and helped me clean up the house. She got to see Lily at her tantrum throwing, cling on best for a change. I don't think she believed me that she was so bad at home. She's usually really good at mums house (of course!!) but today she got to see what she's like for me. She kept on asking me 'what's wrong with her??'. Of course there was nothing worng that was just a normal day. So now she understands why it's so hard for me to get into any kind of routine for cleaning. She used to keep on saying I don't know why you're not in a routine yet, clean when she sleeps, clean when she goes to bed for the day. It's hard to get into a routine when I'm hugely pg and with a screaming toddler on my hip. And when I'm so tired from being up between 2-7 times a night still, sometimes for hours at a time. When she sleeps, I sleep.

Anyway, enough with the whinging.

I hope everyone is feeling ok.

Big hugs Kel...sounds like your having a rough time...Thats great your mum could see how tough its' been...maybe she can come over and help more often??
    Sorry, I can't remember but have you been to sleep school? I'd definitely try and get in if you can before bubs comes along...It may be hard but it's going to be the best thing to do inthe long run I think - especially with bubs arriving very soon....Just for your own sanity...those early weeks your going to be even more sleep deprivated and it would be helpful if Lily was sleeping a bit better by then...

Just an opinion...just tell me to shut it if you like...again big hugs and I hope you get some more sleep tonight!

Hi girls,

I'm feeling pretty crook again today. Had yesterday off work and Ben and I had a HUGE snuggle in bed for an hour - it was wonderful. He's normally not very snuggly, but just lately he's started giving lots of cuddles and kisses all the time - I love it!

I am nearly 10 weeks now and have my fingers crossed that this time the m/s will leave me at 12 weeks - not 20 like it was with Ben!

I'm sorry ladies, I'm finding it hard to keep a train of thought so I won't do personals today.

Hope all your littlies are behaving and sleeping well at night

Disgirl...sorry to hear your not well...sounds like beautiful cuddles with your little man...hope you get some rest!

Hi All,
    Kris - Beau is much better today thankgod! He has been quite good actually....tell me about the market - Dh and I were just discussing changing agents....oh lord I am so over it! I have a beautiful house - but being here every day now I have started to question it you know? Like I cant wait to leave! Once you make the decision - it cant come quick enough!
    Kaz - Beau has 8teeth now - the molar area feels hard now and his fingers are always back there and he hits his face too - did you find pip worse with the last two aswell?
    Dis - Sorry you arent feeling great but those cuddles with Ben sound nice! I love cuddles - I am teaching Beau "cuddle teddy" which he does, and now "cuddle mummy" hopefully he will say mummy soon too!
    Kel - Hugs to you Kel, gosh I wish Lil would sort herself out! I think you should consider maybe trying to do TTC sleep again, pick a time when DH has a few days off at least and he can support you. If the crying doesnt worry him as much as you. I know Lil vomited last time didnt she? You poor thing, I cant imagine how tired and stressed you are. Like Kris I am not being pushy or telling you what to do or anything but I met a lady just today with a 13month old and she just tried it as he was waking heaps and he is sleeping thru after one night crying for only an hour. I am glad too your mum saw what Lily can be like (what they can all be like) too - not the always perfect grand daughter!! Hopefully she will give you some more support too. Chin up, this too shall pass.
    Us - Beau is much better today, slept till 6am which has been un heard of! He just had a mega long nap which I think is his teeth too - he is so tired in the day so we are off to the park before New Macdonald comes on!
    xxx

Jen, I know it's funny - we've always been happy here and we fell in love with the place from the word go and then you have people walking through that obviously don't like it at all and it makes it a bit sad! LOL! We'll just have to cope if it doesn't sell but I'm not looking forward to 3 babies in a 2br unit I can tell you!! You poor things though - yours has been on a lot longer than ours and you have the added presssure that you've already bought (is that right??) We're not going to look at anything else now until we've sold here - we definitely couldn't afford 2 mortgages thats for sure!!
    Yeah at getting a bit of a sleep in and some decent nap time! It can make so much of a difference (to both of you!!!)
    We just had another lady through the house...not holding my breath but at least it's one more chance...

Chat later!

Hello.

bit tired here, bit migrainey. Pip looks like he's getting over his cold, maybe its cause he eats lots of mandarins - demands them. About 2-3 tiny ones / day!

Kel - in a way, good then she was her normal self around your mum. Hopefully you can get a bit more help! Erk re the rug too

Jen - ummm he was more drooley, but just more generally unsettled. Pulled his ears a lot, hit his head behind his ears a bit too. Now his top jaw is thickening up. cuddle teddy is cute!

Kris - it will work out when the time is right *hugs*

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast