Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2007 #15

Big hugs to you girls having it tough with sick bubs....mine's ok though very clingy. And she's been sooking like no tomorrow this morning. I though she might have a sore ear she's been itching it like crazy. Might need to go to the doc's. I think I have conjunctivitis too, so will ahve to treat that ASAP!!
    O ther than this morning though, Lily's been good. Sleeping is MUCH better, only one wake up in the night, YAAAAY!!! And it's getting later and later, last night it was at 2.45am, so I got a good 4 1/2hrs sleep before having to get up to her. Then she slept til 6.15. Not the best time of morning but better than 5.30 like yesterday. The problem now is actually getting her to sleep. She is taking at least and hour to go down, so instead of 7pm bed times, it's 8. I tried to just keep her us til 8 a few nights, but that just made bedtime 9pm. Bit me on the butt that did, LOL!! I also tried cutting out her morning catnap, which has only been 30-40mins and just giving her a sleep at midday, but nope that didn't really work either. SHe only slept for an hour an was absolutely shattered by 6pm. I managed to keep her up til 6.30, but that's why she woke at 5.30 the other day...arrrgh!!!! I don't know what to do with her, LOL!! At least she's sleeping better at night that's all I'm really worried about...talking of sleep, she's been asleep for an hour now, which is unheard of in the morning for us.....maybe she is sick??

I have another scan today to check on the fluid levels. Hopefully all is well. I feel fine so I don't think anything is wrong. Baby is kicking up a storm in there and I have all the usual late pg symptoms, BAD baby brain, tired, sore back, sore ribs, no patience what so ever, yada yada!

Anyway that's it for now. I hope all your bubs are better soon and :hugs: again.

Hi!

Mel - Yeah I think we'll get lost in a house that size coming from one so small! hehe. Although I'm sure we'll get used to it!!!! I just so hope it all happens..
    Poor Olivia with her sore bum...hope it eases up soon...
    You cheeky thing not telling us the sex of bubs!!! Gosh it will kill me! LOL!! I'm going to think it's a boy this time anyway...

Kaz - So sorry to hear about your FIL...thats so sad...I'm taking it he was very sick anyway so I don't think you should worry about it being Pips fault..
    I can only imagine how hard it is to use the ventalin thing...good luck!

Kel - Thats great Lily's sleeping better at night! I'm sure the rest of her sleeps will sort themselves out eventually!
    Good luck with your scan - not long to go now!!

Kaz, I'm so sorry about your FIL
    I hope poor Pip is feeling better soon. Hope he takes to the ventalin better.

Jen, bugger about the estate agent. Let's hope this one does a better job for you guys. I don't know how I'd cope if I had to have our house ready for inspection every week. We'd have to move out!
    Is Beau doing better? Ben has been sleepy all week too, and when he's sleepy he gets a bit sooky. 14/15 months seems like an odd time for a growth spurt though!

Kris, do your in-laws really tell you to re-wrap presents?!?!
    Shopping is getting more and more expensive. I sometimes wonder how I'm going to manage feeding Ben when he is bigger - he's such a pig - imagine when he's a teenager!

Mel, that's good news that Liv isn't lactose intolerant. Hopefully the yeast won't be too hard to cut out of her diet. Ouch on her poor little bottom! I hope it's cleared up quickly.
    I can SO relate to you on the 'can't be bothered' with work! I'm working until the end of November, so 4.5 months left and I'm already struggling. Luckily I still have four weeks plus of sick leave so I can take plenty of them if it's getting too much for me. Oh, and we've been asked to take annual leave for next week because of World Youth Day taking over the campus, so hopefully that will leave me refreshed.
    The morning sickness is almost gone. I'm 12 weeks today - yay! My appointment is at 11:30 on Monday - I can't wait to see my little bub.

Kel, that's great the Lil is sleeping better. I'm having trouble with Ben and his day sleeps too, well not really trouble, but he seems to be between needing one and two sleeps a day. This week though he's just been really tired. Maybe it's the weather? Who knows?

Us: I feel really good today. Magical 12 week mark maybe? I don't know. I only got into work a couple of hours ago, so that might have something to do with it too!
    It's so bloody freezing at the moment here though, I am more than over Winter! Bring on Summer already!!

Ben has started pointing to his body parts on command which is just adorable! Except when you say 'nose' he sticks his finger up his nose! And for 'eyes' he batters his eyelids So funny! He's also started to 'help' my sister with her new baby - getting blankets when they're talking about her being cold, even without being asked. He also pats her and when she's crying he'll open the bedroom door and stand in the doorway yelling until mum or my sister come and get her I think he's going to be a good big brother.

Hope you all have happy days

Grrr...house is sold...had a bit of a teary...the search shall continue...I really don't think buying and selling while p/g is a good idea...way too stressful...

Dis - Yes - they really said to do that! I know - who in the world could ever imagine?? It was said prob when Louis was about Dylans age so when you maybe could get away with it?? Although I seriously doubt it...
    Yeah on feeling better! Thats sooo good! LOL at Ben when you say eyes - Dylan does that too but big blinks! I'm sure he'll be a great big brother! How gorgeous...I asked dylan today with the baby was and he knows it's in my tummy and gave it a big cuddle! Very cute...

URggghh, well I'm all down in the dumps now...I just feel like I need to know whats happening...I'm so over it all! I swear once we buy a house I'm never moving again! LOL!

Chat later!

oh Kris, I'm sorry to hear that. Maybe the neighbours were forming a death metal band in their garage?

OK, has anyone tried giving their bubs ventalin? I'm having a bugger of a time trying to get him to breathe through the mask - he'll play with the mask, put it on his face, but holding it there for 5 breathes is really hard.

What a bummer Kris! Nothing wrong with having a cry. I cried many times in the stress of buying our house - and I wasn't even preggas!

Kaz, sorry, no ideas Poor little guy. Maybe post on the main parenting forum, some other mums might have some ideas.

Thanks guys...I'm sure it will all turn out well in the end- just hard to see that right now! LOL!

Sorry Kaz...I have no idea...

Hello all.....
    Beau still the same but i let him go for his nap with a bottle and he cried but fell asleep jammed up with his head on a forty five and the bottle in his mouth....for three hours! What is going on already? Seems like our bub' sleep routines are all out huh?
    Dis - You always seem to post something about Ben that Beau has just started to do too - its so weird! He is pointing at belly and ears and does a cute chomping for his teeth - he doesnt know where his eyes or nose are yet tho! Wow at getting the blankets! What a cutie! Beau doesnt eat as much as Ben seems to tho - he is a bit of a fusspot I think.
    Kaz - Hugs to you and Pip - you are going thru a **** time arent you? Hope his on the mend with his medication now and he is getting some rest and you too.
    Kris - LOL at your IL's - they come out with some good ones huh? Thats pretty good about the professionals hey? We signed with McGraths but so fingers doubly crossed - I have changing things up today for the photos so our place looks different. The agent came to drop off the keys with his tail between his legs yesterday arvo - I had just got out of the bath with Beau so it was one heck of an uncomfortable conversation!
    Kel - Good to hear from you! Sorry that Lil is a bit out of sorts too - good luck with your check up - hugs to you in the last stages hon. Hope its not conjunctivitis too.
    Mel - You dirty stop out! Maybe you can PM us the sex? You cannot hold it in! Your sneaky SIL bah! to her! Poor Olivia and her bum - Beaus was bleeding in one spot last night and he had a million blown up sultanas in his poo (yuck!) he had a bit of ham in the day so i think it did him in again. Oh if we didnt like money so much huh? Every time I work I think "last time" and then there is something we need....like food! He he!
    Thanks to everyone for my real estate sympathy!
    Making fried rice for tea so better go and cook some rice up for it now....

Woah missed your post Kris - Far out you need real estate sympathy now too! Something better will turn up or can you counter offer?
    Kaz - no idea hon, can you call your GP that prescribed it for him?

Thanks Jen...we've sat down tonight with a list of 5 places to look at on Saturday...a few look pretty good although most are another 5-10min further out...so not what I want to do but oh well...We're just too fussy!
    Hope Beau settles for you...

Well, we might be having real estate dramas but I'm grateful that Dylans cruising along at the moment!!! Sleeping well, eating well and just generally his cheeky self! One thing to be grateful for thats for sure - LOL!!!!

Sweet dreams everyone! Chat tomorrow!

Morning ladies!

Well I put a post in General baby chat, and have followed the advice to wrap him in a towel. Poor little mite screams and screams and take about a half hour to settle down afterwards.

Should have gone shopping for some custard yesterday while DH was home, all Pip will eat is mandarins & milk. Managed to get a little water + apple juice into him yesterday ... he won't eat anything else Might see if I can find some apples / pears to stew & mush.

Jen - erk on the bleeding nappy rash. You can get OpSite from the pharmacy, its a plastic skin stuff. Clean his butt well, dry it and cut a little bit of the skin and put it on - it will allow the skin to heal and keep more acid poos off it.

Kris - good luck tomorrow! I hope you find something lovely! (of course - have you considered up here in the hills?)

Us - needing to find something for Pip to wear to the funeral. what do babies wear to funerals?

Hey all, wow its been busy in here lately.

Kaz- with Olivias ventolin I would do one puff and hold it over her face, then a break and do the same. As long as he gets some it will be fine. 5 breaths is hard for a little tacker. Good luck.

Kris- sorry the house got sold. Am sure there are heaps out there, just got to find which one you like.

jen- good luck with the new agent, hope you get some fast results.

I will tell you what flavour bub i have Just got to do it carefully!!!

Ok hi to everyone else- sooky lala is around

Mel - we have to give him 8 puffs! Its near impossible.

hehehe, thanks for that.

Kaz, I'm sorry the ventalin is such an ordeal for you and Pip. How long is he on it for? Poor little guy doesn't sound good at all - even with his diet.

Jen - yikes - bleeding nappy rash?!?! Poor Beau. Really sounds like bacon and ham doesn't agree with him though doesn't it?
    Isn't it cute when they do the body parts thing? I just love this age
    It's funny about Beau's sleep yesterday too - Ben slept for 3.5hrs as well! Must be the cold weather

Kris, good luck on the house hunting this weekend. I bet there's a perfect house out there for you guys just waiting to be found!

I'm feeling GREAT this morning! Passed 12 weeks and I'm hoping there really was a magical no-more-morning-sickness switch that was turned on. I managed to eat a bit of dinner last night which was a bit of a milestone and didn't feel the slightest bit sick this morning! This bub must be a girl! Ben gave me so much m/s - as only a boy would.

Ben was hard to get to sleep last night. We stay at mum's twice a week (to save on my commute) and he really struggles to get off to sleep, as we sleep in the loungeroom. He finally went down at 8:30, which isn't too bad and slept through til 6:30 so I was happy about that. He was in fine form this morning too - when I left he had both my mum and dad in stitches. And he said "Pop" last night for the first time to my dad. Absolutely made dad's day

It's Friday! Have a good day

Missed your post Mel! Hi!!!!
    Glad you're going to tell us what you're having. I am not a patient person Any feelings either way?

Hey Dis- am hoping its a boy, I've already started with the "little fella" thing. But with dhs family history it has to be a girl. Happy as long as its healthy!!!!

Kaz- i just read your other post- the towel idea sounds like a sure thing, although very hard on your emotions. Good luck and lots of hugs.

Olivia has been stomping around- so cute. Half the day we spend stomping after each other!! Her bums cleard up- ok Kaz I use the moogoo body wash and I used the moiturizer for myself. She still got loose poo but only twice yesterday and so far once today. Maybe its her teeth coz shes sticking her fingers in her ears alot too. At least for the most part shes happy and chatty.

Well, i still think in the night garden is the best and keeps her nice and relaxed. I will try and find some dvds for her. Its on at 9am on abc and then again at 12 noon on abc2. Well my bub in tum is giving me a fair old bash, luckily the are like flicks th the moment!!!

ok, morning tea time and got to dry my washing...we dont have a line coz dh pulled it down along with our pegola!!!

Oh and we are leaving Olivia with bil and sil tonight to go out to dinner with some friends. Yay Then dh is off to sydney for a bucks night tomorrow, back Sunday night.

Have a fab friday

Hi!

Kaz - Hmmm I wouldn't stress about what Pip wears to the funeral...he's just a bubba...something neat and not too bright and crazy I suppose...
    We've looked everywhere for houses - still to expensive up your way for what we're looking for...
    What a tough time your having with this ventalin business...I hope it gets easier as he gets used to it???

Mel - Yeah!!! I'm so glad your going to tell us!! Woohoo!!!! Glad Olivia seems better with her bum! Yeah at having a night out tomorrow with friends!! Good for you!

K...better go and have a shower! LOL! I'm so sidetracked at the moment!

hehehe, Pip's finally asleep! I'm finally going to have a shower, food!!! Coffee!

****atoo's lovely Kris, still very reasonably priced (and flat). great school and community spirit.

Good luck tomorrow!

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast