Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2007 #16

Hi girlies,

Sorry I haven't been posting. I have been keeping up with posts mostly, but by the time I read them, someone is usually crying, or I need a shower or to eat or something like that!
    We are doing ok. Things are kinda tough, though MUCH easier with DH home. I have had Mastitis with the really high fevers and aches and pains that comes with it, feeding is pretty tough, and feeding is still really painful besides that with my nipples still pretty sore. Liam is being challenging with his day sleeps now and will not sleep unless he falls asleep on the boob or is in his sling/carrier. I have no idea how to fix that! I have tried patting him in his bed, just leaving him to cry (ugh!!!), burping him, feeding feeding feeding but he just hasn't been sleeping in the day time. Of course, Lily has been having great day sleeps, so while she (and DH) sleep blissfully, I am trying to settle his highness. I do get to rest DH lets me sleep pretty much when ever I can, which is great, but it would be nice to rest with everyone else and be able to play with Lily and DH when we are all rested, kwim?? Though Lil's night sleeps have gone out the window a bit, she's waking several times a night nd is really unsettled and wakes for an hour or more at least once a night. Poor DH is getting about as much sleep as me. I have no idea how I will do it on my own if it doesn't change. We will have to try to change it.....

Anyway enough with the whining....

Greenfern, hello and welcome again, I think I remember you posting before. Good luck with your TTC.

Kaz, I hope Pip is better soon. Lily has been sick for a few weeks now and it's frustrating that she just can't seem to get better. She's had a cough and ear infection for weeks now. And she's been on antibiotics for weeks too. Not to mention the teething, she's been getting her eye teeth for ages too.

Kris, sorry to hear everyone is sick. I hope you are all feeling better. It's been a bit like that here too. Though DH seems to have managed to miss it thankfully.

Mel, Lily is having moments like that too, especially after her afternonn snooze and at about 2am. She will just cry for no apparent reason. We give her panadol or nurofen but half the time it doesn't work, never know what to do!!

Gotta go, babies crying.....

Hi Margaret! Of course you can join - Welcome!

Kel - I think at this early stage however you get him to sleep doesn't really matter - as long as he sleeps to give you a break! Both my boys have fallen asleep on the boob at times when they're that little...just try and go with the flow and worry about breaking habits later (that may not develop?) I know how hard it can be with the 2! I'd definitely be trying to get lily's sleeping sorted before dh goes back to work or it's going to do your head in!!

Well...I've had a full on time - spent from 10pm last night until 3pm today at Maroondah Hospital with Dylan..he had croup really badly so they treated him and wouldn't let me go home! Poor little munchkin though - he's much better now...I didn't get much sleep however so had a snooze this arvo luckily and got woken up to dh having cooked dinner and Mum went to the shops and got us a bit of food for tomorrow...
    I still feel like crap though and have the worst cough...hopefully I get a good nights sleep tonight to help me get better...Dh had to stay at home with Louis today and I missed him so much...

Anyway...will chat later...
    Last edited by Krisvee; September 3rd, 2008 at 06:55 PM.

Oh no Kris, that's not good. Rest up mummy K

Margaret - by all means, welcome! How's bribie treating you? Do you take your little one down to the beach at all?

Kel - ouch on the mastistis. good DH is there though.

Us - Friend babysat Pip for us today. She didn't find the nappy compartment and had Pip in his "swim nappy" that I keep as an emergency. I'm so grateful to her for doig this!

greenfern Guest

kazbah - we go down to the passage a lot i go walking along the front there and x always wants a play on one of the many play equipments along there, or a run on the sand (and inevitabley into the water). mad little bloke was the only person in the water the other day he adores it.

kel - ouch on the mastitis. i can only imagine i never had it. but i used to always feed xavier to sleep when he was little. people said it was naughty but it worked and it has turned out to be a huge problem. good luck on sorting the sleeping

kris - sorry to hear that. hopefully your cough eases up on you soon and dylan is ok. lucky you have people trying to help but hey.

crap weather here today so no outside for this one. which will annoy him. have to catch a bus up to near where dp works so we can do shopping together after work. we are down to one car but luckily living on the island means x and i can pretty much walk any where we need to go. and now we are getting the hang of the buses out here too.
    so glad that our move is all over. we have spent the last 4 weekends doing things to the old house, so it will be nice to just have a weekend without stressing about it.

have a good one!

Hi!

Well managed a decent sleep considering...at least managed to keep Dylan in his own bed which was the aim...he woke lots but was fairly easy to settle...

Kaz - LOL at the swim nappy! Yep - very lucky to have someone to babysit!

Greenfern - Oooh It must be so nice living in the warmth and by the beach! I'm very jealous! LOL! Xavier must love it so much! When we move we'll be about 15min from the bay which is the closest I'll ever have lived to the beach so I'm hoping we'll be able to make the most of it (although we do live in Vic so who knows? LOL!) Sounds nice that your all settled in to your new house! Thats great!

Looks like we'll be having a nice quiet day at home...everyone seems a bit better but still has bad coughs...Chat later!

Kris, Poor Dylan! Hopefully the worst is past now and you'll be able to get some rest and recover.

Greenfern, WELCOME! Bugger about the wet weather. Ben hates it when he can't get out for a few days too. Drives us all up the wall!

Kaz, how wonderful that you had a friend babysit Pip! Funny about the swim nappy though

Kel, absolutely nothing wrong with having Liam fall asleep on the boobie. Ben did it for months and months when he was a littlie and I used to cuddle him to sleep until he was 8/9 months old. He suffered no ill effects and usually goes down to bed by himself now without a fight and puts himself to sleep. I say usually because this week has been a shocker for us!

Jen, only two days until your birthday! Doing anything special? I barely noticed my birthday this year

Mel, I think there's something in the air. Change of seasons maybe? Ben's been a shocker this week with bedtime. Hope Liv settles for you soon.

Us, well as mentioned a couple of times, we're not having a great week sleep-wise. Ben hasn't liked bedtime and it's been a struggle to get him down. Last night DH had to stay up with him until 10:30! I know it doesn't sound bad, but DH leaves for work at either midnight or 2am and I'm up at 5am (not to mention growing a baby) to get Ben ready before going to work so 10:30 is far too late a bedtime!!!! He doesn't seem to be suffering for it though - at least one of us isn't!!!!!

I got my Baby Beehinds yesterday and I'm so excited! I'll spend the next few days washing them and will try them out on the weekend. I don't know if I'll be able to use them often until I finish work - washing them will be a bit hard, but I'm keen to give them a try. Just got so sick of all the sposies we were buying!

Have a good day!

Good After noon!
    Kris -You poor love at the hospital with little Dylan, glad everyone is back home now.
    Kaz - LOL at the babysitter - mine used to do the weidest things too! At least Pip was dry
    Margaret - Welcome again! I remember X's name - how long have u been up there? We are moving up the coast of NSW in 9 days from the city for a seachange.....
    Mel - Hope Liv has settled back down.
    Dis - Oh I know those late nights are a shocker when usually they are so good hey? Mmmm my birthday - I think we might go into Chinatown on Sunday for a combined F Day/ B Day thing - we have decided we can each get a special gift for each other when we move so have to wait til then.....
    Kel - on the mastitis - I put Beau to sleep (who wasnt very boobie lovin') when he was small in a baby bjorn floor rocker thingo- I would wrap him then usually do it (rock the chair) with my foot while expressing - then transfer him to his cot - its low energy and it works.
    Us - My man is all snuffly so getting what everyone elses bubs have I guess - his day sleeps are crap and he is waking at 5am!!!!! I have relented and decided to get his 1yr shots next week before we move.....although I am still not sure I want my GP to do it if anyone......
    Ok I am going to make guacamole DH is home early and we are having some drinks

Hi!

We had an ok day...been feeling quite sick in the tummy for some reason..not sure if it's heartburn related..just hoping it's not a permanent thing for the next 10 weeks anyway!
    Kids are ok...I think Dylans just recovering and really didn't want to settle and hardly slept for the day (although he's been down without waking since 7pm so fingers crossed) and Louis is quite a lot better but I think he's over being stuck at home...the sun was out today though so they had a bit of a play outside - nice for some fresh air!

Disgirl - Sorry to hear your having trouble with Bens sleeps at the moment...I hope he settles for you soon! Gosh - if only we could work out what these problems were so we could fix them and be done with it! LOL!

Jen - Aww I hope Beau doesn't get to sick! What made you change your mind about immunisations? Hope you enjoy your evening!

I think I'm going to head to bed in a minute...Sweet dreams everyone!

Not sure Kris - Just moving far away to a new environment I want him to be prepared I guess, I thought it is best to get someone I know and trust to do it.
    Hope the boys slept ok for you and your tummy feels better - wow 10 weeks doesnt seem like long to go for you!

Hi!

Jen - Fair enough!

Well, no not long to go for us in lots of ways - 3 weeks until we move and 10 weeks til bubs arrives! Wow! I'm so excited about everything!! LOL!

Louis slept like an angel but Dylan woke heaps with a snotty nose - can't be helped at the moment I'm afraid - he slept in until just after 8.30am though!!! They seem a bit better again today other than lingering coughs so I'm sure it's just a matter of time now...
    I seem ok...still a bit sick along with the kids and not sure about my tummy today...I've only had a banana so far as I'm a bit scared to eat....

Chat later!

greenfern Guest

jen - how exciting. where abouts on the coast are you moving? we have been here for three or four weeks now i think. so far so good. nice and relaxed and close to everything. hoping i get back into some sort of fitness regime, which i have been neglecting somewhat for a couple of months

kris - i hope your tummy settles down for you today. where abouts in VIC are you moving. my aunt and uncle live near the water. at inverloch or something its called

disgirl - hope you had a better night. i like BBH nice and easy to use.

weather is still not pretty today but we have already been out for one walk (dp's tyre was dead flat and as it was the spare we had to walk it somewhere to get resealed, we just CAN'T win at the moment)
    have a weekend of rugby planned. touch tonight then we watch our friends rugby grand final and go to celebrations. then i have to drive nearly 4 hours sunday for my parents. having my nanna's wake sunday before her funeral on monday.
    poor xavier's second funeral in as many months.
    got to run. someone is very quiet, which worries me!

Hi!

Greenfern - We're moving to Cranbourne...nowhere near inverloch! LOL! It's very scary as an area I don't know a lot about and definitely has good spots and bad spots - so hopefully we've bought in a new one and have nice neighbours...we shall have to wait and see!
    Bugger about your tyre...Wow - what a busy weekend you've got planned! Have fun at the rugby...So sorry to hear about your Nanna- how sad....

HEy All,

Kel- hope youre feeling better. I got mastitis 2 weeks in a row...both boobies. Ouch is all I can say and that horrible flu feeling that goes with it. I think thats when I just about gave it up. Sounds like things are really busy for you, am happy that you have DH around for some support. I think its starting to hit home for me listening to what you have to say...only 12 weeks to go!!!

Kristie- sorry you guys have been so sick. Hope things are looking up for you. Hopefully with this nice-ish weather here you'll be able to get some well needed fresh air into you lungs and feel better. Hope your tummy pains have gone away today...and dont forget to eat something!!! You have a lot on in the next 10 weeks so take care.

Kaz- thats funny about the baby sitter. Pip still unwell?? Hope he gets better soon too. Hopefully the snow will melt off the mountains that you can see!!!

Mel-hope Ben is settling at night for you. They are little buggers arent they?!?! Olivias up to some of her usual tricks, but hopefully she'll settle soon. Good on you for giving the cloth nappies a go...we had no luck with them, by the time I tried them with her hip harness...which was difficult enough, DH wasnt supportive, so it was back to sposies I went. Oh and the smell of nappies makes me sick, reminds me when I was a student nurse working in nursing homes....

Greenfern- welcome back.. I do remember you from a while ago. Youre new place sounds beautiful. I would love to live close to the water again. Sorry to hear about your nan too.

Us- Olivia has been great, besides the occasional sleep thing. I think I am up at least once or twice a night for her, but we have managed again to keep her out of our bed. Shes climbing everything...she climbs a chair to get onto the coffee table, to get onto the couch and will do it over and over again. She also climbs on the office stuff so she can look out the window. I am just in discussin with family day care about dropping her hours from the middle of October. Hopefully we can do just one or two days at the same place. Me- I am thoroughly tired today and have been for the past coule of days, even though I get great sleep. Bubs is headbutting my bladder and theres a fair bit of weight in my pelvis, which is starting to get uncomfy. I have my GD test on Monday...yuck, so once thats over, I suppose we are on the home stretch.

I am still cleaning like mad and now I have a deadline for cleaning to be done before Olivia drops her hours. I am almost finished though, so will be able to take it easy. Hopefully today I can get a start on cleaning up Olivias room so I can sort through baby clothes and start washing them

Ok, well housework calls. Have a great weekend everyone,

Love Melissa

Jen, gee not long until your move now!!!!

Kris, heartburn related yuckiness is horrible. Try to take it easy. You've been run off your feet with sick kiddoes this week and things are only going to get more hectic in the next couple of weeks!

Margaret, bugger on the tyre! Do you use BBH? Do you use any other kinds of MCN? I washed all mine out (I only have the sample three) last night and they're hanging up inside now. I'll probably chuck 'em in the dryer tonight so we can use them this weekend to see how we like them. I'm really excited about using them right now - I hope my enthusiasm lasts!

Mel, you've just made me extremely grateful that Ben isn't much of a climber! Wow, Olivia must really keep you on your toes! No wonder you are tired! You've cleaned more this week than I have ALL YEAR Not to mention you're growing a bub. I can't believe how close you and Kris are getting now

Us, we had a MUCH better night last night. I have decided to start a better routine for nighttimes now. I told Ben he'd be going to bed soon, and let him play for a little longer (he'd give me the 'no' headshake though ). Then I put him in his sleeping bag, gave him his dummy and sat him on my lap for a read. I also had his milk handy if he wanted some of that, but he's not really a drink before bed kinda kid. Anyway, we read the book twice and then I said "Okay time for bed!" I put him to bed and that was that!!! I was sure it wouldn't work and he surprised me. So, we'll get into that routine and hopefully it won't be too much of a shock for him when he goes into his big boy bed in a couple of months.

I had my m/w appt this morning and all was well!!!!

Have a good weekend everybody - and HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEN!!!!!

Hi!

Found out we should have access to the garage of our new house the week before settlement which would be fantastic! Means we can move all our non-essential stuff over the week which will make lift a lot easier! We're going to take the kids on the 20th as well to our final inspection so they can have a look around...the people are moving out on the 19th so that will be interesting - the house will be empy! (pretty much how it will look after we move in - LOL!
    Both boys are down for a sleep together - woohoo! Means I've got a bit of stuff done and managed to have a chill out as well..I really need to eat something though...I feel hungry but don't know what I feel like (other than kfc chips) Gosh - I feel like I'm back in early p/g!!

Mel - Lol at Olivia doing all that climbing! I completely understand! I caught Dylan with a knife in his hand this morning cos he's pushed the chair over to the bench in the kitchen! Nearly gave me a heart attack - and of course he can climb in to his high chair now...One thing I'm grateful for though is he's finally starting to listen to "no" (most of the time!) It really does just take a lot of persistance with these munchkins!
    Oooh I don't envy you with your gd test - I didn't have to do it this time which was good! It's amazing how fast the times gone - Soon we will have new little bubbas in our arms! How exciting!
    Your freaking me out with all this cleaning! LOL! I've got mum coming around in the next week or 2 to do all that crappy cleaning jobs for here - the oven etc and then she'll come to the new place and give it a clean once we move - I'm very lucky thats for sure! I'm so not a nesting person! LOL!

Disgirl - I know...I'm a bit annoyed because I was starting to feel like I was getting a bit of energy back and now I'm back to barely keeping my eyes open through the day - LOL! I'm sure everything will settle down again for next week!
    Yeah on having a much better night! Ooh I agree routines are fantastic! We do the same each night and we very rarely have any problem with bedtimes! My boys have dinner, bath, stories/cuddles with their dummy and blanket and then off to bed - Often Dylan walks to the cot and tries to climb in himself! It's just such a give that thats whats going to happen they are just ready for it! It makes life a lot easier thats for sure!
    Hopefully he keeps it up for you!

K - better get a bit more done! Chat later!

Hi girls,

Well, we are doing pretty well today. Went to the LC clinic today for some more help with bf. It was good. The LC I saw was the same as who helped me with Lily. She's really nice and helped me with some basics that I was doing wrong and it has changed everything! So hopefully this will be the end of my tears at feed times.
    DH is trying to not give Lily milk in her bottles tonight. He's been weaning her off it, slowly putting water into it. I don't think it will change much, she'll probably just wake for water instead, LOL! The mchn referred us to the early support team for her sleeping to try to make things easier for me when DH goes back to work. She's coming on Monday, hopefully with some useful strategies.
    I had about 4hrs broken sleep last night. I tried Liam in his cradle, so that DH could sleep in our bed for a change, he's been on the lounge since we came home cause he wont cosleep with the kids when they're so little. But I would like to get him into the cradle. Maybe I should ask the sleep lady on Monday. Luckily I got to sleep this arvo. I was seriously falling asleep when feeding Liam a few times today. We slept for 3hrs. And it was blissful!! Especially as today has been really cold, rainy and miserable in Sydney.
    Our house is a shambles. There's crap everywhere, I need to wash up and the pile of clothes is multiplying in the laundry. Everyone keeps on telling me not to worry, but seriously there's some things that you HAVE to do, that you HAVE to worry about. Like washing clothes and dishes. Regularly. More regularly than I have been.....Things like mopping and stuff,fair enough you can not do for a while, but washing up, cleaning toilets, things like that, has to be done!!!
    Anyway, got to fix dinner and Lily is sooking....

Ick what a horrible day again in Sydney - I am trapped in the house for the second day with B and he has had ENOUGH!!! As have I ..... what a **** birthday so far! Hope it improves!

Hello everyone, just a quick msg from me. Kel have you had Lily's ears checked? I ask as we've had Charlie waking 1-2 times a night now since about 8 months...sometimes he settles with a bottle fine other times just screaming in pain. We just had his ears checked by a specialist & they are completly blocked (which explains his lack of speech), we are getting gromets in 2weeks. The specialist seems to think it will make a dramatic change to his sleeping...fingers crossed.

Us, yesterday I didn't give Charlie a bottle & he didn't seem to miss it. Went to bed no fuss at all...I just made sure he had plenty of snacks etc & a good feed at tea time. He went down at 6.30pm & didn't wake til 5.45am!! Wow. So will try again today & if all goes well hopefully its goodbye bottle & if he is really fussy might try small amount of milk in cup - try & get rid of bottle all together. Doing this to hopefully also cut out waking for a bottle, & specialist said to cut out all dairy for his ears. I hope if it goes well & his sleeping improves we might actually talk about a brother or sis for Charlie...YAY.

Must go - haven't even organised a thing for Fathers day yet!

Good luck to all those moving...we still have boxes everywhere & nothing in order LOL it takes time.

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast