Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2007 #16

Kel - well done on the full-time bf!!!!! I can't remember why you didn't go full-time last time, I had no supply so I'm going to take faith from you and believe that if we have a second, I can bf!

Sorry about the very short post, Pip was being a mad idiot.

Erin - yay on the big cheque! I hope you didn't lose much of sentimental value And double yay on selling the house!

Kris - not good with a bug, I hope your wonderful mum is there helping you. *hugs*

Mel - isn't it cute when they help? yesterday Pip found my dustpan & broom, and swept under my bed for me. And he did a lot better job than DH!!!!

Well Pip is climbing everything. Found him today standing on his ride-on firetruck that he'd pushed over to the window, he was standing on it looking out. And occaisionally it would move away from the wall But the French Doors are just next to the window ... go figure.

Still lots of snot here, but no conunctivitis any more, thank goodness. Go figure - the little man would giggle whenever we put the drops in his eyes?

Today we have our first parent/carer interview! So excited to make this milestone @ CC!

Have a great day all.

Kris, bugger on getting sick too Hope you're feeling better soon. It's funny how us mum's feel guitly for indulging in some 'me' time. Dad's don't seem to have a prob at all with it!

Kaz, how's Pip's cold? Ben has lately taken to climbing, but hasn't stood up on anything yet. I'm dreading it, I'm so much of a worrier and we've got tiles everywhere.

Jen, I hate it when DH is away (working) Saturdays too. Ben and I stay at mum's two nights a week (to shorten travel time to/from work) and we really miss DH by the time the weekend comes around. ATM I'm really in need of a sleep-in on Saturdays too...but don't always get them!

Mel, don't you love those trikes? We're considering taking the seatbelt/backrest off Ben's but when he gets tired he likes to lean back on it so I think we'll leave it on for a while yet.

Erin, Ben's the same as Charlie...everything round that can be eaten is an 'apple' Tomatoes, oranges - whatever Yay on selling your house!!!

Kel, well done on BFing Liam!!! Did the LC give you any more hints on attachment? When my nipples were cracked (how unbelievabley painful is it?) I found it was due to Ben not attaching properly. Hopefully Liam will improve a bit and give your poor boobies some relief soon! In the meantime slather on Lansinoh as often as you can and walk around topless! Let them roam free!!! LOL

Us, Ben has been brilliant lately. Sleeping and eating well - we actually can't believe how much he eats - far more than me!!! Still making us laugh every day. Me though, I've got some major constipation happening grrrrr. Nine days so far!!!! I'm sucking down Metamucil tablets like they're lollies, but so far no luck Apart from that Twobob is doing well!

We bought a new camera on the weekend so I can take photos again - yay!!!!

oooh no good there DG on the const... pear juice! lots of pear juice!

We lost the cold in Brissie for an entire week. But now we're back to nice, thick yellow snot running down his face in streams. Least he's learning "blow".

Hey are these bubs too early for the "naughty chair" ?

Hi!

Still super sick here...Dh is home again so we're all just chilling out...Dylan seems to be getting a cough now as well so I don't think he's going to avoid this flu...I really just can't believe we've all go tit so bad at once...Dh let me have a sleep in this morning which was good...

Erin - Yeah at getting your new house and getting to do some shopping!

Kel - Well done on the bfing!! I hope it gets easier soon!

Kaz - LOl at pip giggiing when you put eye drops in! Climbing is a big things here as well - Dylan has worked out he can climb into his high chair - nearly gives us a heart attack...he just climbs up on the foot rest and then over top - we have the tray off obvioulsy...It's just crazy though!
    In regards to a naughty chair - I don't use that but I have put him in time out at the back door however it hasn't worked very well...we used it on Louis and it worked perfectly but so far with Dylan he just thinks it's hilarious - he sits there really well but when we go back to him he just makes faces and then I end up laughing - not the best for trying to discipline him..I guess you just have to see what works for Pip...As I said it worked really well for Louis so who knows!

Disgirl - Dh works on Saturdays so he often gets the sleep in on Sundays...very rarely do I get one...I guess I just get used to it though...Glad Ben's going well - poor you with the const though - have you tried prunes?

Ok - chat later!

Quick one from me- olivia refused to go to sleep today, so now shes crawling around my feet, grizzling.

15th at 10 am is great...let us know the venue.

Hope you get better soon kristie.

Kel well don on the bfing, hope i can do it this time too

Mel- I have bad constipation, prune juice is helpful

ok gotto run

Thanks for the advice re: constipation girls - all better now AT LAST!

Hi ladies......
    All well here - have had an awful migraine all day and had to locate the "medicine cabinet" box and unpack it to find something to take for it.....irritating!
    Had a nice boozy lunch yesterday on the water at Bondi which was nice and extremely different from what I am used to now being a mum so it came as a nice change to be with no bub (and people with no bubs so there was kid free conversation).
    Scored a new coffee table and a massive awesome framed robot pic for Beau's new room from my friends apartment re-do so even more things to move!
    Glad everyone is doing ok....
    I have some work to do while Hi 5 is on so see ya later!

Jen, sorry you had the migraine - they are the absolute worst

I'm exhuasted, so if I stop making sense - that's why! Ben has had a couple of weird nights for him. Sun night, I could hear him laughing in his sleep (we still have the baby monitor since I can't hear him in his room from ours). Last night, he woke up twice, DH went in once, I went in once and he went back to sleep both times, but then for about a 20 minute period at about 4:30, he was making weird yelling noises! I'm sure he was sleeping, so I'm wondering if it's night terrors or something? Anyway, it's not helping my exhuastion - and he seems more tired than usual too. Weird!

Apart from that - all well on our side of things!

Hi!

Urgghhh when are we going to feel better? This is ridiculous...I'm so not a good sick person...Poor Dylan has woken up all wheezy with an awful cough and is already back down to sleep. My chest is so painful...gosh I'm such a sook...Dh is back at work today so we're just chilling out...can't see anything much getting done at all really...

Mel - Sorry to hear Olivia didn't have a sleep - thats got to be hard!

Disgirl - Glad that your feeling better...Sorry to hear Bens having funny sleeps...hope he settles down soon...

Jen - Sorry to hear about your migraine - LOL at you already having packed your medicine cabinet! I'm just not game enough to do that sort of thing yet! LOL! Sounds like you had a great lunch out - thats great!

OK...Chat later!

Kris - ack, I hope you get better soon love.

Us - well a shocker of a night here. Pip cried non-stop between 11pm and 4am. I'm going to stay here until around 10am, then drive to work with him, where DH will bring him home. Of course, tonight's the night one of my dearest friends is leaving the country to work in the USA (possibly forever) and we have a dinner tonight with him & his wife before we go to the airport. We sat in the shower for a while (twice), gave milk, panadol, teething gel, massage, clean nappies (twice) and coming into our bed. No idea what's wrong. Seeing the doc @ 2:15. Oh, there was coughing, screaming, sneezing, punching me and biting DH.

Anyhows, now to go to work to give him to DH so we both work a half day.

Jen - woohooo on the adult kid-free convo! And the coffee table/frame!

Oh Kaz what a shocker! Hope Pip is okay and you manage to function on no sleep you poor thing. I'll try to stop sooking about how little sleep I had now

Kris, you're not a sook! Let's see; very pregnant and unwell with two sick bubbas at home - gee, yeah I don't know why you'd have a whinge :insert sarcastic smilie here: You're a hero at the best of times, now you really are a champ!!!

Kaz - Sorry to hear you had such a rotten night! Thats awful - I hope Pips ok!

Disgirl - Awww thanks...Wow - I can't believe your pretty much half way through your p/g! Thats so exciting!! Gosh the time flies!!!

Just realised I haven't had anything to eat except for a cup of tea today...I was thinking I was feeling hungry early for lunch but I haven't had brekky! Better go and have something...Chat later!

Hellloooooooooo!!!!
    Wow I have had a busy day running around and just had my friend here from Melbourne for lunch, I havn't seen him for a year and a half and he hadn't met Beau - he saw him for 10 grumpy/unsure minutes then slept the whole time!!!!!
    Wow Kaz - poor you, DH and Pip! Did the doc say ear infection maybe?? I only know thats usually a cry fest?? Gosh you sure tried everything.
    Kris - Hope you guys are feeling better after your chillout day - naughty you on a cup of tea! Got to keep up your strength for all your boys! Dont worry, Nathan was the last friend possibly coming over in the next 10days so EVERYTHING is going in the boxes now baby! No more keeping up appearances!
    Dis - Far out, poor Benny! How weird? Maybe he had a funny belly? Or teeth? When Beau teeths he does weird things in the night like crying out, out of nowhere. Not sure hon, hope he sleeps thru tonight.
    Us - Beau is happily munching on some apple log and pulling apart all his baskets in his storage wall thingo - DH was going up the coast on Saturday and Sunday to do a light sand on the boards and one coat of sealant but its my birthday on Saturday and Fathers Day on Sunday so I dont feel to excited about it!! I am not sure if I would enjoy it more or less if we went too- having to entertain Beau for 3hrs in the car..........mmmm.......might just chill out here

Sorry to hear that some are not well and have grizzly bubs. Hope youre all feeling better soon.

Jen- happy birthday for saturday, hope you have a great day

Us- Olivia fell asleep just after 5pm yesterday and I woke her at 6 for tea- wasnt very happy- screamed for about 2 hours. She slept from 8 til 2am then with us til 630am. At least she had a sleep today.
    Anyway got to run take care

Oh Mel,
    At least she slept today - isn't it frustrating when they are so tired but wont relent? Hopefully it was just a one off - hope you put your feet up while she slept.

Hi!

Well, we've had miserable bubbas here this afternoon...Louis just isn't eating and Dylan needed to be cuddled the whole time and everytime he coughs he cries etc etc...He's breathing is so laboured I'll really have to keep an eye on him tonight...They're both in bed now but who knows for how long...After I thought Dylan was asleep this morning he was yelling out for me and he fell asleep on me for a nap but otherwise has been up all day which certainly hasn't helped...

Jen - Yeah at packing everything now...I managed to pack a couple of boxes today (somehow?) but the house looks like a pigsty...Oh well - we'll get there! We've still got 24 days to go! Yeah at your birthday on Saturday! Hmmm...yeah a bit of a hard call...especially if dh is going to be busy working on stuff anyway...might be more awkward than anything...what a bugger though! I hope you do some nice things to spoil yourself anyway!

Mel - Glad Olivia had a sleep today! Hopefully she's back in her normal routine now...

Well...I might just chill out for a bit and head to bed early...I have a feeling I'll end up with Dylan in the bed if he's too unsettled...Chat later

Kris - that's what Pip was doing. Eventually we couldn't do anything and he cried himself into exhaustion.

DH took Pip to the docs today, he can't remember what it is but its the same treatment. Pip's off tomorrow and a friend of ours is going to babysit for us which is a huge relief. My boss was giving me strange looks when I came in at lunchtime ... lucky she's from Qld and knows what its like to have bubs and no family support.

Kris - I do hope you get better soon, its not good at all to be ill, let along at this time!

*hugs*
    kaz

greenfern Guest

hi everyone,
    just wondering if i could maybe join in here?? i think i posted in here about 12 months ago.
    i am a SAHM to my 16 month old son. we live on bribie island.
    trying for our second baby but it just doesnt seem to be happening
    i'm interested in sport, organics, music and the environment.
    i see many of you are all pregnant. good work! although i dont think i could imagine having a baby at the same time as this little wrecker. he can be a bit of a full on terror.

margaret

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast