Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2007 #16

Curse you Mel - I just attempted cleaning our oven and have re-sprayed it with goop as it was rock hard granite trying to get the gunk off.....poor people moving in here!
    Hello Kaz and Dis!

meh, lost a post.

Mel/Kris - Mondays are best for me, I have every second one off. This Monday coming is one of the days off.

I'm home today cause Pip has conjunctivitis and although he has heaps of energy, he's allegedly contaigious.

Erk Jen - have you tried a paste of vinegar & bi-carb spread on and left for a bit?

Found the stove Knob protectors in bunnings, but I dont think they will work with ours. We just got this in a few weeks before olivia was born and I cant seem to get the knobs off. Willl wait til Adam gets home to see if he can do it, otherwise i will take them back.

Oh and I got these cloths that do windows and mirrors....and I got home and did most of them. So full of energy. Looking forward to tomorrow to finish off the windows, I might even wash the windows on the outside. And i am cleaning the pantry too. Somethings wrong!!!! I wouldnt worry too much about your oven Jen- just let the newbies clean it. I always do a clean when moving in. Hope I am motivating you to clean...it feels good!

Kaz, thats great with mondays. Will have to wait til kristie jumps on line coz I dont have her contact details. Maybe we can find an indoor play centre or something if the weather is still crud!

Ok, Olivia is in bed, I am showered sO I might make a hot chocolate with marshmellows and maybe a few pieces of snack and watch Australian idol

Hi!

I had a great day with the kids...even with they're sniffles we headed out to the shops - we didn't make it food shopping though...I bought them new sandals each - Dylan chose bob the builder and Louis chose Diego and we got Michaels fathers day present (a poker set...) and then had lunch in the food court - we had nori rolls and both boys sat at on the big chairs at the table and had a banana buzz as well...they were sooo good! I then found a gorgoues blankie and soft doggie for Ethan...pretty much the same as Dylans but in different colours...the boys will give him the doggie as a present when he arrives and Ethan will have a present each for them! Then because I'd bought something special for everyone else I thought it was my turn and bought a new pair of sunnies...not expensive but my old ones were sooo scratched. The boys fell asleep on the way home and so I had a chance to chill out and read and then all 3 of us cooked pizzas and I bathed them (dh is in bed with the flu) and they went crazy splashing everywhere - I had to protect myself with a towel - LOL! Was so cute to hear them giggling away though! They're now tucked up in bed so I'm definitely chilling out..the only bothersome thing is that now I have to do food shopping tomorrow instead! LOL!
    Sorry for the rant...just had a really nice day with the kiddies...

Disgirl - Sorry to hear you had a bad migraine...they suck! Yeah at a great scan - gosh your so good not finding out...I'm so weak when it comes to that...LOL! Hope it's head stops growing so fast for you!

Kaz - Hey! Good to hear from you! Yep not too long - the 26th Sept...Hope Pips conjunctivitis clears up quickly!

Mel - Omg at all that cleaning! Well done! Yeah at dh coming back a day early!

Yep - Mondays are good for me...just let me know if you wanted to do it this Monday or in another fortnight...

Well I'm feeling guilty about not cleaning - NOT! LOL! I haven't even thought about cleaning this place...mums coming to do it when we move out and she's going to do the new place the next day...I just don't feel like I have enough energy...

Ok...chat later!

This Monday's good for me if its good for you, play centre sounds great as Pip is very ... active. And I have a car to use, so no worry about that either

*h8gs*

Jen, I wouldn't worry too much about the oven either!

Mel, You are a cleaning machine right now!!! Good on ya! You've made me think of my putrid windows though....hmmm, I'd love to get a cleaner in to do a once-over of everything. I just don't seem to have time right now.

Kris, Isn't it great to have a really nice day with the kids? Sounds like they were being very grown up on their day out with you

Kaz, I hope Pip's eyes clear up. At least it's not making him cranky or sick

I'm feeling all huffy and puffy again today! I seem to be having a lot of those days right now - I guess Twobob is doing some major growing!
    Ben's been fantastic this week. His new words include 'puter, glasses, Daige (instead of 'Paige' for his cousin) and singing the Beach Boys song "Barbara Ann" with his father His favourite word ATM is 'up' which means up, down, outside and anything else he doesn't know the word for I don't think I've laughed as much in my life as I have these past two weeks with him

Have a good day.

Am back at it today, just put pea and ham soup in the slow cooker for dinner tonight Off to clean the windows and pantry. See what else I can do. Olivia slept with me last night again from 11pm and I had a shocking sleep. She was so restless. Then to top it of we had a barney coz I put her in her cot this morning with some toys and books because I wanted to sit on the toilet in peace, without her trying to climb on me or pull me off. I could hear her screaming and I went in and her face was covered in snot and all red!!!

Kristie and Kaz, I am happy to do this coming Monday morning. Is there a play centre near you? I'm coming from Springvale south so happy to meet near where we did last time around 10am????

Mel- rest up. Bens vocab sounds great. hope your twobs head slows its growth. Ouch on a big head coming out!!!

Jen - howd you go with the oven???

Kel- hows Lil and Liam? And how are you managinging???

Ok, thats it from me, I can feel the bug coming back into my veins and need to clean

Hi!

What a night! Dh is sick with the flu and has been in bed since yesterday arvo...Louis has developed a rotten cough/heavy chest and Dylan was up so many times before I brought him into bed with me at 4am so had an ordinary sleep until 6.45am. He kept trying to get closer and closer to me so dh nearly got pushed out the bed! LOL!

So at this stage Mel and Kaz - I may have to see how the boys are going before I catch up with you on Monday...if they're still sick maybe we can make it for a fortnights time?? Sorry! Maybe a playcentre in Knox would be fairly central??? There's one near the Knox shopping centre out the back of the complex...

Disgirl - Wow at all Bens new words! Thats great! LOL...your going to get a whole lot more huffy and puffy yet!

Mel - This cleaning is crazy! LOL! Although it's so nice that the sun is shining this morning! Sorry to hear you had a bad sleep last night as well...

Quiet day today thats for sure...got to do food shopping but I'll be able to leave the kids at home so should be a bit quicker!

Chat later!
    Last edited by Krisvee; August 29th, 2008 at 10:16 AM.

Mel and Kris, you've made me feel guilty! I had the most wonderful night's sleep last night - 9 hours of deep, deep sleep! Sorry you guys had it rough

Kris - I hope Louis doesn't get the full-blown flu like your DH. It's awful when little ones are sick.

Ben's new words spin me out. He's like a sponge right now. He even said "Bugger!" the other day after I'd said it so I've gotta start being really careful

LOL Disgirl - don't feel guilty - Enjoy!!

Well...I fell like I'm getting sick as well now...I've got a full day out tomorrow at a TL showcase (new catalogue launch thing) so hopefully I don't feel too bad for that...
    Kids and dh are still not well...what a fun household - LOL!

Hope you all enjoy your weekends!

If you're not well, then a fortnight's time works for me. There's a play centre in Ferntree Gully Upper, and another one at the back of Knox Shopping Centre.

Gosh Mel, you really are a cleaning machine!!! I hear ou on the snot - I went in to Pip the other morning and his nose was plastered in dirty snot, all hard so I could just pull it off.

Disgirl - how cute! Pip's not great with his words yet, but he's learnt "bird" this week I think him having a cold for so long has delayed him in that?

anyhows, itme to get up and put another load of his washing on, it amazes me that he can create more washing in one day than I do in a week.

Good Morning....
    Wow is it only 9:30? We have walked up the street for a coffee and to the park already! I am on my own today as DH is up at the new house ripping up the carpet and my BIL is mowing the super long grass....I hate not having DH on Saturdays! I am such a sook - tomorrow I am doing up a girlfriends apartment at Bondi and she is taking me out for an awesome lunch as payment! I worked till late last night and am feeling old this morning in my bones
    Kris - Sorry you guys are so sick - sounds like you had a lovely day at the shops with the boys and had a nice little spend - I have put some stuff on ebay to try and work up some funds for Beaus summer wardrobe (is that sad?) We are so skint until we move! Saw some super cute checked shirts and cool cargos at Cotton on Kids last night he MUST have!!
    Mel - Wow the cleaning frenzy continues! The oven looks ok - the light in there is broken so you cant look too close LOL! We are getting a cleaner to go thru the day we move out so I hope they do as good a job as you.....you totally sound like you are nesting! I am glad Beau isnt a co-sleeper - I can imagine being kicked al night by him tho - hope tonight is better - is DH back today?
    Dis - wow at Ben's words! I like the name Paige like his cousin - its on my list if we have a girl - Beaus new ones this week are "coo-kie", "brush" and "break" - oh bless with Ben cracking you up! I think Beau is a little class clown too with his antics - he is still a snuggler and I adore it! Every time he does I say something like "I love your cuddles to bits" or "I'd die for you!" it just comes out I love him so much! Such a dag!
    Kaz - Hey with Pip being sick for so long - what's the doc say about it? Must be tough not being able to shake it. Stupid winter wont give you guys a break! Maybe a move up north is necessary!
    Ok - best go and do some housework - ick

HEllo All,

Yep dh is back...came back last night nice and early and Olivia managed to stay in her own room all night....which gave us some "us" time Happy me.

Kris- hope you lot dont get too sick. Lets make it for the following Monday fortnight. That way it will give you a chance to get better. Is that around your move date?

Kaz-Pip has been sick for a bit. Must be the snow up on the hills, lol!! I'm happy to do either place as I dont really know where they are, but will find them. How about Monday 15th about 10am. Does that suit? You choose the play centre and let me know~!

Jen- I get sooky like that too when dh is away, especially on weekends when its your time. But it must be exciting knowing that hes fixing up the new place...not long now. Have fun with your friend tomorrow.

Mel- glad your getting good sleeps. Olivia is getting good, but has days where she just wants to come into bed with us, so if we cant be bothered trying to get her back down....its into our bed she goes!!! oppps on the parroting. Have been listening to dhs vocab and hes seriously got to tone it up. Otherwise we're going to have a woopsie soon!!!

Us- thismorning we cleaned up our new pegola of all the possum poo...eeek, Olivia helped sweeping! We have been for a walk on her tryke and she has been asleep since 1130...must have been tired. DH and I are just doing some things to the pegola and thats it today, although its started raining At least my washing line is back up under cover!

Ok better go pay bills...have a fantastic weekend everyone

Hi!

Just a quick one from me...I'm soooo sick...Louis and I have a nasty cough and dh still has a headache and Dylan isn't sick but just sooo sooky! He's woken up so much the last couple of nights and he doesn't even seem sick at all...very strange...
    Had my day out yesterday which was great - I felt awful leaving the boys at home for the day but if the roles were reversed??? Dh has left me plenty of times with sick kids when I've been unwell so I didn't feel too bad...it's not like I do much for myself anyway...

Mel/Kaz - Monday fortnight would be great - I'm sure we'll all be better then! Thats still a week and a half before our move so will be fine!

Jen - Hope your having a nice day today and enjoyed your lunch!

Mel - Glad dh is back! Sounds like you had a nice day today as well!

Chat later!

Hello strangers...wow I can't remember the last time I got to post - I feel so out of it LOL.

Firstly a huge congrats to Kel, welcom Liam....hope it's all going great for you.

Hope you are all well.

Just popped in to say a quick hello, it's been nuts here. We moved into our new house...sooo exciting our very own home. We've already painted Charlie's room, new carpet & blinds & painted the toy room. Heading to Brisbane this week for a much needed shopping trip for couch, dining table etc. When moving from WA to QLD the removalist broke half our stuff, so we got a rather nice insurance cheque to spend (it actually worked in our favor). Big news is we sold our house in SA so that has taken a huge strain off...very exciting.

Kristie hope you are feeling better soon!! it's weird how we always get sick at the end of winter...hope you get a nice rest. Charlie woke up every night the other week & wouldn't sleep anywhere but our bed even though he's never slept in it....it was weird & now he has stopped. Just another thing our precious little kids go through....gee how good would it be if they were consistent.

Jen I know exactly what you mean, I go through the week not noticing DH is not really home...butwhen he works on Sat or Sun it doesn't feel right - he should be home with us. We always
    head out too, funny how much you can achieve before 10am compared to before baby isn't it.

Disgirl the words are amazing aren't they, I get such a buzz when Charlie says something new. We were getting worried as he's had sooo many ear infections & wasn't saying much at all but all of a sudden they just start. Everything we see at the moment is a "puppy"so cute.

Sorry to anyone I have missed, trying to get back into it & read eveyone's post. Will check back soon & have another read. Must go, have visitors for tea. Have had a mega busy weekend, sending you all good vibes for a great nights sleep (& myself hopefull ) Hopefully be back soon.

Just lost my post now sooky Olivia...Hey Erin.....welcome back. Kristie, sounds like a plan, hope youre better soon.

Better go and sort out tea

Hi girls

All is well here. We are still settling in and I am sooo glad that DH is home for so long. I definately wouldn't be coping without him. BFing is going ok, I am fully bfing this time (yayyyy) but it is really painful again. Attachment is pretty bad at the moment my bb's are in overdrive and are killing me. They're cracked, bleeding and grazed really badly again. But I got through it with Lily and I will do it again. I have seen the lactation consultant and mchn already, but got no new info than when I had troubles with Lil.
    Liams a bit hit and miss with sleeping, last night was wonderful, 2 4hr stints, with a bf in bed in between so I didn't really wake up fully. But the night before I got maybe 4hrs if that, cause he was awake. Lil's still waking 2 times a night for a bottle, at the moment DH is doing that, and I take Liam, I don't know how I'll go on my own....Lily is really affectionate towards Liam, kissing him and patting his head all the time. Whenever he cries she has to tell someone. She's so cute with him.

Kaz I hear you on the washing. I just can't catch up at all at the moment. There's just sooo much washing created everyday. I do 2 loads a day and there's still stuff there at the end of the day. And now it's raining....grrrr!

Jen, I hear you on feeling old...man I feel OLD!!!! I just turned 30 and I think I feel more like 50! I looked int he mirror for the first time in ages the other day and it was a bit of a shock, grey hairs, wrinkles, bags....eeeekkkk! I really need to do some maintenence!
    I hope your new house is getting there, not long til moving time! Yay!!

Mel, lucky you having some us time with DH, I on't remember the last time H and I had propper us time. And it will be a looong while yet for us!

Kris, I hope you're feeling a bit better, as well as the kids. Nothing worse than being sick with sick kids!

Erin, hi!! Glad to hear that you've moved, it must feel good to be in your own place.

Okgotta go the little man is calling me...

=============-o[=======-ll'

(Pip says hi)

15th a go-er.

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast