Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2007 #16

Hi girls

Well, not much to report here. Having quiet days. I so can't be bothered to do anything! And the weather isn't helping, it was 14 degrees today!!! Soooo cold. And my back is killing me and this baby weighs a tonne!
    Lily is a devil, nothing new! She's just getting cheekier by the day. I'm in for so much trouble in the coming years... She's already back chatting.
    We just came home from mums and DH has started to let lil walk up the last flight of stairs. We have a light in the stairwells that, when you press it, it has a timer and it goes off after a few minutes. Cause it took Lil so long to get up, the light went off when she got up the last one and I was just about to open our door. It went pitch black and I absolutely freaked!! DH was so calm still just standing there. I was panicking at him, saying quick babe turn the light on I can't see her!!! When he did she was still standing where she was before, LOL. I was on the verge of tears.....its one of my greatest fears that she's going to tumble down the stairs one day, or I'm going to fall carrying her down. DH thought it was funny until I started crying that he thought I was funny, LOL!
    I had an antenatal check up and all is well. Baby still measuring huge- 42cm! And he's posterior. No wonder my back has been killing me.....

Jen, your carrot cake sounds delish! I think if you sent me a piccie of that I'd be coming over too, hehehe!
    Pooh @ selling your house. And the stupid building guy, what did he expect? I've got everything crosssed for you that it all goes through soon.
    Lil's teething too. She's getting her eye teeth. She's dribbling like a tap and is biting into everything, sometimes so hard her head shakes, poor little monkey. These teeth are supposed to be pretty painful for them though. She has 1 through, almost 2, though I haven't checked today. The top ones are coming, they're really red and swollen, with the white bits in the middle.

Mel, I had trouble with BB yesterday too. I couldn't get on all day.
    Maybe that's my problem with why this baby is so huge, I've eaten WAAAAYYYYYYY too much, LOL!
    Yay you've found the reason for Olivia's irritated face/skin.

Ok that's all for today, thrilling I know!
    Hello to everyone else :wave:

G'morning ladies!

I've been off work for the past two days, that's why I haven't been around. Been feeling really off, think I overdid it on the weekend. When I was sick on Sunday night, DH was already in bed (shift). I had my head in the toilet and all of a sudden I felt pat, pat, pat on my back. Ben had come into the bathroom and was patting me on the back while I was sick - what a cutie! Was all good until he wanted to look in the loo - yuk! Very cute that he was looking after his mum though

Hit the Target sales again on Saturday and got six out of nine nieces and nephews taken care of- woohoo! Dad laughed when I told him, but thought it was wise that we're doing as much Chrissy shopping as we can now since I'll be 8 months pg at Chrissy and not much in the mood for crowds!

Kel, Gee Lil's getting her eye teeth early. I thought they weren't 'supposed' to get them until after 18 months. I wonder if that's why Ben is dribbly and bitey at the moment.
    Don't forget that the docs quite often get baby size wrong. My sis was told her bub was going to be HUGE - at least 9 pounds and she had a 7lbs3oz bub! So glad she listened to me when I told her the docs didn't know what they were talking about!
    Have you tried cortisone cream for Lil's face? I put some on Ben's face when he got a bad teething rash that lasted a week and it disappeared almost overnight.

Jen, I'll keep my fingers crossed for this buyer. Sounds like everybody is stuffing around - what a bugger!

Mel, Glad that it looks like you've found the prob with Liv's skin. Yeast infections usually happen in the mouth and 'down there' don't they?
    Kebabs? Don't know how you do it?!?! Although last night I made DH take us to sizzler because I was hanging for some Dianne sauce on a steak and no way was I cooking. I know Ben loves their salad bar so Sizzler is a good option. Wish I could have had some of their ice-cream though - I REALLY want a maccas choccie sundae!!!!

Ben has been absolutely adorable these past few days. Lucky, because I've been feeling rubbish. He spins himself around and around now until he gets dizzy and falls over. He gives huge open-mouthed kisses to everybody, except his baby cousin who gets a gentle pouty-lipped kiss. He nods yes and no for yes and no (funnily enough!). He dances whenever there is music on. And the best thing of all, he has been super-duper cuddly and his favourite word is 'MUM!"

I think I'm falling in love with him even more. I sometimes wonder how I'm going to love Twobob even half as much!!!!

Hope you're all warmer than I am!!!!

good Morning -
    Gosh what a rubbish morning - tried impossibly to run arouund and clean for an inspection at 9am - Beau woke a few times last night so we were both tired and pooey - he was a whiner about EVERYTHING and a cling on while I was just resentful!!!! The bloke was her for 1min which made it worse!
    Hey Dis - sorry you have been sick, but what a cutie Ben is! How adorable - almost held your hair back didnt he? Made me feel a bit warmer after being cranky at Beau all morning - considering he is sitting with a plastic tub on his head after tipping out his blocks everywhere, he is yabbering to himself! I am teaching him nods for yes too - havnt got to the "no" yet!
    Kel - That would freak me out too! I guess we are all paranoid about something with our bubbas where we live huh? I just shorted the power with our stupid iron and had to flick the safety switch back on out the front - and guess who can open the gate now????
    Dont blame you for not doin a whole lot! Beau was that big and posterior too (he flipped into that posi only once delivery started but) - ouch! Have you googled some of the excercises to try and turn them and all that? Gosh - something to look forward too with the eye teeth! I just smothered a dummy with SM33 for Beau so he could suck it off - its funny he doesnt know what to do with a dummy now and he bites them.
    Ok I have to work tonight (doing windows sleep deprived joy of joys!!) so I plan on hopping into bed when Beau has a sleep so better run!

Hello all- well my moment of madness has gone- I had these visions of cleaning the house from inside out. So far I have scrubbed the toilet and the bathroom and cleaned out the crud in the bathroom cupboard. My mum buys me so much s!#t I dont use, so hopefully someone will like it...taking moisturisers and face creams to the op shop, along with a bunch of clothes of mine. Thats kind of where I stopped, although I did come on the computer to pop a few things on ebay to sell. then I got side tracked!!! Thats ok, cause theres always tomorrow!!! I am going to go through Olivias room and sort out her clothes, clean the office, disinfect Olivias toys and clean out hte pantry and IF i get all that done by Friday afternoon, I'll be very happy

Kel- you poor thing. I would be petrified too. Olivia tumbled down our front steps on the weekend and hit her head on the concrete- missed a big rock by not much. Lucky now she stands still at the top (only 3 steps). Olivia was posterier too...ouch. My back killed. The midwife made me go on my hands and knees, or lean over a fit ball...but this was in labour, so I suppose you could try that now...or not!!!!

Jen- best of luck with the house. B sounds cute with a tub on his head. I'm with you too with the dummy, Olivia weaned herself off it in Feb and she has no idea so I dont bother. SHes just started dribbling a bit, so We'll see what happens with the teeth. I cant see anything, but shes not keen on me pocking around either.

Mel- you poor thing still puking in the loo. How cute that Ben was there to pat you on the back. What a sweatie. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Ok on that not, got to go and do a quick vacume, go to the shops and pick up Olivia by 330pm.....

Wow Mel, wanna come do my house when you're done? We had spew-central at our house yesterday with Ben being sick everywhere. By yesterday afternoon though you wouldn't have known he was sick! Running around playing in the yard. Crazy boy.

I had an appointment with my m/w this morning and all is well with Twobob. She couldn't believe how big Ben was. The last time she saw him he was only two weeks old!!! It's such a comfort knowing that she knows all about Ben's birth and will be there for Twobob too She said that hopefully I don't need an episiotomy this time because what happened with Ben (cord making his hear-rate drop to 35bpm) was just bad luck. I sure hope so!

Feeling good today!!!!

Well I got some of the stuff I had on my list done- better than not doing anything. Just been lazy Oh I hope Bens ok. And ouch on the episiotomy. I am hoping that I have just a good a birth this time round...fingers crossed!!!
    Olivia and I have just been playing with her dolls and giving them a bottle and tucking them into bed. Shes so cute when she makes the sucking noise!!!
    I made my first stew in the slow cooker I bought and it was yummmmmmyyyyy. I am looking forward to making more delicious food in it. Some nice curries and lamb shanks. I might even try desserts. I am feeling rather domesticated at the moment!!!

Well Olivia has been in bed with us the past 2 nights. Last night she had trouble going down, woke at 11 then again at 130 until i put her in our bed. Shes been waking up screaming, so I'm not sure if its nightmares or shes teething again...who knows!!!! Shes fine during hte day.

Anyway I hope everyone is well. Looking forward to some nice weather in the coming months so I can get out of this house and enjoy life again!!!

Cooking some lamb chops and vegies for me and moo tonight...

Hi girls, well typing one handed, not doing so well!!

We are good here. Lils sleep has gone askew again, though was it ever good?? Shes also turned into a brat, gettimg into everything she knows she shouldn't. asdadsg hthdhgvb SEE!!!

Gotta go she's having kittens...

heya!
    Well its official - sold our house!
    Didnt open today for the first time in ages! We didnt know what to do with ourselves other than clean LOL! Went out for brekkie instead and I nursed a ladies newborn so she could eat her brekkie (ps made me cluck-y!) - the agent was great- he even met the buyer at a bar near us to get her signature last night then came to see us so its all signed off - such a relief! DH pulled a bottle of Moet from nowhere out of the cupboard and we sat in the bath and polished it off.
    Kel- I hear you on the brat stakes - beau has thrown so many mini tantis today - in shops, at parks everywhere...he has been watching a sesame street dvd for 40 min to give us a break! Sorry Lil's sleep is all over the place - but after holding the bubba today (the woman had a 2yr old girl too) I could see the dynamic was SO SO different with the other child, she had to wait for her brekkie, DVD to get put on etc while the baby was feeding. Things will sort themselves out for you fingers crossed.
    Mel - Good on you for your nesting spurt! I love braises and lamb shanks! I do lots of Neil Perry slow cook ones, we have his books but you could get them (recipies) on line I am sure. I can PM you my favs if you like? Also they are easy if you shove it all in during nap time and then its done at dinner and tastes great! And cheap too! Olivia sounds a lot like Beau with her weird wake ups - maybe a tooth with pop out in the next day or two? Thats what seems to happen with him after a few weird ones.
    Dis - Glad to hear m/w thinks all will be well- dont think you would want to go through that again eeks! Poor Ben being sick - but must have felt better if he was back to his crazy self. Glad you are feeling so good! No more little pats on your back from your little man while you are sick!
    Hey Kris where are you???????????????????????I know we were joking about Target but hope you and the boys are ok? Just busy boxing up stuff I hope.....oh the joys that await!
    DH is making a seafood feast tonight as a celebration so hopefully cranky bum will go to bed early he he!!!!
    xxxx

Hi girlies,

Disgirl, I don't know when it's the 'normal' time to get eye teeth? I figured now was it, LOL! My girlfriends little man got his around now too, so I just assumed..... She's only gotten the bottom ones though, Im not looking forward to more teething nights!
    I hope you're feeling better now. You've had a bit of a rough time huh? How cute that Ben comforted you, what a compassionate little man.
    Yeah, I actually have a feeling that the size of my bump is just all fluid. I had alot of fluid with LIly too, though not as much as this time, so to be honest I'm not really worried about the size the dr's are telling me. THough I do think it will be in the back of my mind! I think he will be bigger than Lily but not gigantic like the dr's think.

Jen, yeah I have looked up the optimal positioning stuff to do on the spinning babies site. I am doing some of it, trying to make sure I sleep on my sides, though I always end up on my back, probly why I wake up so often, I'm suffocating myself with the weight of the baby! And I have gotten out my pilates ball and bouncing and resting on it, as well as in the bean bag on my tummy. He still hasn't turned I don't think, my belly is a jelly belly, not hard like it was a week or two ago. I'm hoping it works soon....I odn't want him turning during labour like B!! OUCH!!!!!
    YAYYYYYYY!!!!! You sold your house!!!!!! How exciting for you. You must be relieved.
    Yeah, brat isn't the word lately. My god we're really in for some doozy tanties when she grows up, not to mention her teenage yrs....ugh!!! I dread the thought! She back chats already and has throw-myself-on-the-floor-and-kick-and-scream-tanties. She does things just to ***** me I swear. THough I must say today she has been an angel, daddy is home of course, thats probly why. And we've been out. I think she's just getting really bored being home with me. When bubs is born we will start with playgroup and maybe (if we can afford it) family daycare for her one day a week.
    You can give me some recipes if you don't mind, I luuuuuurrrrvve lamb shanks!! Though I don't have a slow cooker, but I can just bake it.

Anyway, gonna go DH is losing it with Lil....happy weekend ladies.

Mel, hehehe, I have visions everynight of cleaning the house til it's gleaming...it usually lasts until I do a load of washing or do the dishes and then I'm on the lounge watching kids shows with Lily!! And nothing else gets done....
    Lil's been waking screaming some nights too, that's when I know I have a looong night ahead of me. She will just lay on me awake for hours. She won't sleep in our bed anymore, or if she does, it's a very sleepless night for DH and I. She loves to sleep on the lounge but we just don't fit there together anymore! DH sleeps there with her sometimes, he's been such a legend! He pulled his act together just in time

zi'm laying on tne couch with the lap top on my belly and I almost cant breath!!!DH had to show me how fast the internet goes now hes installed cable...yay
    Jen a huge congrats to you on selling your place. Where will you be moving to??? Oh I would love some recipes...thank you.
    Kel- good luck spinning that bub of yours. Hope Lil gets her eye teeth quick and then you can get some peace.

Ok, Thats it for me....got to get up. DH is off to a party, i have beein in my pjs since 8...and not moving!!! Chat soon

Mel, nothing wrong with being in your jarmies at 8pm - I literally spent ALL weekend in mine Return of the killer virus in our house
    I love my slow cooker. I plan on using it a lot again when I'm back on maternity leave (yay - officially reached the half-way mark of my return to work last week!). So easy to just chuck stuff in and have absolutely yummy food ready for dinner.

Kel, I've started to see tantrum-signs from Ben too. They usually don't last long and it's usually when he's tired. We just ignore him and he gets over it. I'm just talking about having a bit of a whinge though, he doesn't do the throw-himself-on-the-floor tantys. Plenty of time for that I'm sure!

Jen, YAY!!!! Big congrats on selling your house!!!! You guys must be so relieved. No more keeping the house unnaturally clean and tidy! Where are you moving? When do you settle?

Us, well, we had an awful weekend. Friday night I was up all night vomitting again. The bug returned. I was feeling awful on Saturday and then Ben got a runny bum yesterday and DH got sick too. I still felt yuk, but DH was terrible so I had to look after Ben. Not fun. I even said to DH that we should call one of our mum's to come and look after us all! This bug is awful. My poor baby niece has it and is in hospital with it for the second time. Poor little thing. Hopefully this is the last of it though - I'm so over vomit!!!!

I've just made a decision. We're all going to be healthy and happy in my house this week!

Have a good day all!

PS, Kaz and Kris, where are you?

Good Morning,
    What a lovely day it is here today - yesterday was gorgeous too - we all sat out the back and I ended up stripping down to my bra and jeans it was so hot! It was lovely to see Beau's little arms again too after being rugged up all the time!!
    Oh Dis - you poor things being sick again! You think its def a virus with you and not M/s? I guess because DH and Ben are off too it just wont leave you guys huh/ Have you been to the docs about it? Hope you do all have a happy healthy week - if not you will be using some more sick days by the sounds!
    Mel - We have bought a place on a lake up the central coast - It is a flat roofed 60's looking place and I plan on turning it into a modern oasis!!!! I am so excited about decorating a new place I cant tell you. Hey I am in bed at 8;30 every night - let alone in my PJs !! And I am not PG so have no excuse!
    Kel - I hear you on the tantie fears!! Yikes what are we in for? I think you will be fine with new bubba's size too - I am sure it is all Dr's blag half the time - you poor sod with all that fluid tho - soon it will be over anyway!
    OK I can hear Beau in the fridge - gotsta go
    I will do the recipies today at some stage hopefully if beau has a nice long sleep - I have a DVD to watch (yay for me) aswell - I am in chick flick mode atm - havnt watched any in so long I am catching up!

Oh Mel- how awful for you. Hope you all get better soon. Nothing worse than poo and spew!!! I am cooking lamb shanks for dinner, although the liquid seems too runny....hmmm need to thinken it up some how and I always stuff up cornflower!!!

Jen- that sounds fantastic. So whens the move??? Oh and lucky you to get down to your bra...think that if i did that here in melbourne, I would have frost bite on my nipples!!!

I had another meltdown last night...oh the joys!! Ok so I have decided to be a sahm, but I also want to be an individual with some sort of interests. Problem is, I dont know what I want to do!!!! I know I need to find a hobby, but ?!?!? And I dont have a great deal of friends to hang out with so I get lonely. I never have had a huge amount, fairly small group of friends. Most of them work full time and dont have kids. Also one of my closest friends has recently decided not to be my friend.....she didnt turn up to my wedding and I went to see how she was coz her mum said she was having a breakdown, then she text me and said dont come past and goodbye.....after 18 years of friendship and very close at that. I dont know. Anyway, I am going back swiming a couple of days a week, then I might see what else I can do.

Oh and Olivias rash is back today...very red. I forgot to mention she doesnt get oral or vaginal thrush, so i dont know how hes decided its yeast. Ok better go...shes got into the creams AGAIN!!!

Agh, Mel, hun. I know the feeling. It's all of these darn hormones. It brings out the worst, and all of your stresses and weakness. I ofund that too. I was/am dwelling on the negative things sometimes too, like not having many friends, no chance to go out, or even really have a regular hobby. If only we were all closer!
    That's not nice about your 'friend'. She obviously wan't much of one if she saw fit to do such a thing to you. After so long she'd think she's at least give you an explaination.

Thanks Kel- I wish we were all closer too, it would be nice to know people at the same stage. I wish I knew what made me tick too sometimes...I just want something fun to do out of the house. Oh and that friend was such a close friend, it really upset me she didnt come to my wedding...she was the first person I noticed who wasnt there. Then when I had the courage to go see if she was ok, she basically didnt give me an explaination....friendship hey?!?!?

How are you going anyhow??? You dont have too long to go. I'll be looking up to you to see how it is with 2 bubs.

Ok, crying baby, dinner.....chat sooon

Hey Mel,
    Friendships are a weird thing hey? My "best friend" who was my only bridesmaid and I were friends since Yr 7 and we just stopped talking a couple of years ago. I dont know why, she has never met Beau or anything. I guess we can only rationalise about our "best friends" is that they werent that great to begin with? I think we now have different friendships at different stages of our lives, I seem to be close to work people and met some great friends at my last job but they dont have kids either and I know when we move 1 1/2 hrs away......they will kind of drop off - I am scared ****less about being lonely too as I dont drive (I hope to change that) but I think when our bubbas start kindy and preschool that we will meet heaps of mums with stuff in common aswell. Dont fall into the category of thinking just because you are a sahm you are brain dead tho ok?
    Us - Half an hour into watching my movie Beau woke up and was writhing in pain - his bottom molar has popped through. He was pretty inconsolable yesterday arvo but slept thru so there you go!
    Kel - How are you feeling?

Hi girls!

Oh Mel, I know exactly how you feel. I go through bouts like that too. I live about half an hour from where I grew up and my family is - not that it really matters because my two best friends live over an hour and a half away anyway! I've hit some times when I just felt so isolated and lonely so, after talking with my DH I decided to do something about it. First, I joined a soccer team. They were all a lot younger than me, but the manager and I are still friends and she always offers to look after Ben for me I then took up belly-dancing! It was a lot of fun and I had just started to really get into the group when I got pg with Ben and gave it away due to m/s and tiredness. Kinda wish I'd stuck with it because the group of ladies had real potential as friends. Lastly, I took golf lessons when I was on maternity leave with Ben. I LOVED golf and really wanted to take it up - complete with a pink golf bag and golf clubs - but went and got myself pg again! After I've had Twobob though I'll be doing lessons again and probably joining at least a social golf club.

Anyway, I just thought I'd give a few things a try and get out and meet new people. My mother's group is also a really good one and we all get together for girls' nights out every now and then. I don't feel completely lonely when I'm at home anymore.

BTW, I'm actually quite shy around people I don't know and was quite scared about trying new things, but I just bit the bullet and went for it. Had really fun times even though I didn't form any long-lasting friendships.

That sucks about your close friend. I've found that I've drifted apart from most of my friends. There's only two really close friends that I'm still close to.

Jen, my brother lives in Horsefield Bay and my abovementioned two best friends live on the Central Coast too! When I was a youngster, the Central Coast was my second home. Lovely area! You'll love it up there

Kel, I can't believe how close you're getting now - I'm sure you can believe it

Us, we're doing MUCH better now. The power of positive thinking is a wonderful thing I had dinner AND breakfast this morning - first time in weeks I've managed that. I've really started to pop out now and definitely look preggars. Much earlier than with Ben!

S'pose I'd best do some work. Lovely day outside, if a bit chilly. Looking forward to Spring

Hi ladies,

Well I'm with you all on the friends thing. I don't have any 'best freinds' at the moment either, noone I call a few times a week or see every week or anything. At school I had two best friends who were my brides maids and I no longer talk to one at all due to her shafting me (long story! But not something you would do to your best friend) and the other one we have just grown apart. She lives quite differently to us, being very religious (overly so if you ask me...) and DH hates her DH, I'm not too fond of him either, but I can put up with him for her. It really saddens me that we were friends from kindy....that's 25yrs ago!!! And we can't see past our different lives to still be friends. I think if it weren't for our DH's things would probably be different. She still hasn't met Lily and I don't even know if she knows I'm pg again. I have two friends now who are godd friends, one in particular, though not really best friends...I wounder why women do that to themselves when we become mums so often? Sort of cut ourselves off from people, meeting people. When so many of us are in the same boat???

Anyway....gotta go I have an appt at the antenatal clinic...hopefully they will tell me baby is angaged and getting ready to be born...but I don't think so for some reason!! I think he's quite comfy in there!

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast