Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2007 #2

Hi Ladies,

I hear you all about the lack of sleep. Ryan gets restless in the early hours of the morning so good bye to getting much sleep during those hours. One good thing is the last 2 nights Ryan has pushed the 10.30 or so feed to a 4.5 hour gap which has been good.
    For some reason at night he wakes up for a feed and then doesn't feed very well which is frustrating because you then know that he will wake up earlier for his next feed. We see our health nurse next week in which he will be already 8 weeks so I can then get him weighed. He is definetly gaining heaps of weight but it will be interesting to see how much.

Overall he is a very good baby though. It is amazing how everything is forgotten in the morning after all those night time feeds.

Ryan is a bit of a windy baby as well so I have to persist with the burping otherwise as soon as you put him back down some of it comes back up.

Just wondering when other bubs were starting to roll from front to back or vice versa? Ryan has pretty good neck control but doesn't seem to interested in rolling.

Well Better go feed.

Love Linda

Hi!

Linda - Glad Ryans going so well! Yeah on the 4 1/2 hour feed. We're still stuck on 3- 3 1/2 hourly feeds overnight here! In saying that though he does sleep the whole night on most days though which is helpful! He doesn't feed well also overnight - only 1 side at a time so I also think he'd sleep for longer if he just had a good feed both sides. Then every morning I wake up and my boobs are sooo sore!
    Louis wasn't that interested in rolling - he was about 4 months old when he rolled for the first time! (he was already sitting up though - lol!)

Little terror wont' go to sleep this morning though...he goes down for 5min and then wakes up screaming and I have to resettle him...grrr!

Goodmorning everyone,

How are you all today, hopefully everyone got at least some sleep! Without too many teary moments...if that's possible at the moment.

Well Lily and I are still trying to figure each other out. I think she's been trying to talk the past few days. She makes noises which don't lead into cries, it's very cute!

typing one handed now...

She's not sleeping much in the daytime either, but instead of catnapping, she screams and screams for hours, except when shes feeding which is every 2 hrs in the day, until shes so exhausted she goes to sleep for 5 hours, then we do it again in the night. i can't figure out why...and she won't take a dummy which is sooo frustrating

gotta go bubbas demanding attention...

kel

Hi!

Kel - Dylans not a big fan of the dummy either - I'm just persisting with him for the odd times he does take it!

He was just so upset so I put him in the baby carrier and he's fallen straight asleep!! Amazing! I just fine them so hard to get on and off though! LOL!

So would most of you say your feeding around 8 times a day still?? I'm feeding 7-8 times a day...

Hi ladies

Its funny that all of us are sleep deprived....lol.....Although for me i think its the broken sleep. I am feeding 7 - 8 times a day as well. Its just so exhausting and draining, but I am hanging in there. Luckily he feeds really well and has started to take both breasts (most of the time).

My biggest problem is that when Im feeding from 1 breast the other one leaks heaps - eventhough i have a nursing pad on. So i have to change bra and clothes - its so fustrating.

Also he likes to be held to go to sleep and cries when i put him down. Which means i have to rock him in my arms for 10mins. Doest take the dummy either - just spits it out........

Cant wait for the next couple of months to be over and hopefully we can be in a routine.

Im off to have breky!!!

sorry guys, no personals. I am so tired. Was up from 1am until 7. Slept for 2 hours and thats it WHY WONT HE SLEEP??

Danni I always thought that if they are fed, winded and have a clean nappy then they should sleep - but not always the case. Hope he settles for a big nap soon.

My little one wants to be fed every hr today - whats going on there????????

Must be something in the air today!!

I've got Dylan down but how long for I don't know!

Sammy - I have leaky boobs as well. I thought I'd be wearing breast pads for as long as I was feeding but it did actually settle down to when I didn't need them. I can't remember how long though - still could have been about 6 months but I can't remember...
    I'm putting Louis down asleep - there's definitely no putting him down while he's awake!!
    Aaagghh on every hour - Although Louis isn't making 3 hourly today - more like 2 - 21/2 hours...

Danni - big hugs - hope he sleeps for you soon! Sometimes you definitely feel like your going insane...

off for a milo and then hopefully a nap!

Yes i am borderline insane. A friend is here feeding him right now so I have a minute to myself.

He is whimpering when he is unsettled but he moans and groans so bloody loud!

eta: mason wants to feed very often yesterday and today too, and the midwife said its the 3 week growth spurt so just keep feeding him

Oh it is so hard to keep up with you girls, as I don't get as much time on the computer anymore.

I know how all you girls feel as I've gone thru the same thing and even got so annoyed at Mark last weekend as he finished work early on Friday and went and played golf and then on Sat morn his mate rings at 8am to play golf again and he runs at out the door.

Luke is going well - he is on formula and express milk while my poor bb's heal. I find that I'm not getting a lot of milk while expressing so trying to increase the supply again. We have a clinic appt on Thursday so will ask a few questions about bfing etc.

Well better get going as the little man is starting to stir!!

Wow - Dylan just went 3 3/4 between feeds and I got a 1 3/4 nap in while Louis was asleep as well! Yeah!!!! Feeling soo much better!

Danni - Thats great you can get a bit of a break in! Have you tried writing down when he feeds etc?? I've found Dylan has a real pattern each day of being unsettled and then of having better sleeps iykwim?? Sometimes it helps to kind of work out what they're doing (for it all to change again very soon anyway...hehe)

Iona - Wow - that would be hard for dh to go out so much as well at this early time...better pull him into line quick smart - LOL!!
    Remember bubba always gets more milk out than we do expressing...I remember not getting much out at all but Louis always had good feeds iykwim???

K - he's grizzly! Better go!

Well Matti is doing well.Sleeping and eating literally. I can totally sympathise with you girls having unsettled babes, as DS1 had colic and was screaming day and night. I think someone up there heard my prayers for the last 9 months!
    Last night I fed him around 10pm when I went to bed and we both fell asleep. So he was still lying next to me around 2am. I changed him and put him on the other side and we both fell asleep again! I woke about 4am and tried to put him into his bassinette but he became unsettled like he needed a burp (not surprising), but then had another feed and slept with me again. I would like to be more awake during the night so I could burp him and put him into his own bed and get into good habits. But he is such a sleepy feeder, it is hard for me to stay awake!

I think around 3 weeks he was far more unsettled than now (5 weeks). So maybe some more restful nights ahead for some of you...

Kristie: Yep i wrote down all his feeds for a week or so but everything was so different every day so i stopped. he really does not have a pattern at all!

Hi!

Danni - Fair enough - I'm sure something will emerge over time - Like Deb says in a couple more weeks they should all start settling down a little more...
    When I read through Louis' diary that I kept he was doing really well in a few more weeks. I keep reading that to keep my sanity! For any of you considering having another bubba one day I highly recommend keeping a bit of a diary - how many feeds how long sleeps were when they start increasing and milestones. Even though every baby will be different I find it really good to be able to look at and read....

Anyway...

Deb - I keep falling asleep as well! I'd prefer to be back in bed as well but end up waking an hour or more later and then sometimes he won't settle cos he's too close to the next feed iykwim??

Hi All,
    Its just after 7am and Olivia is sleeping, yay, after a huge poo and a good feed!!!! She is having 7-9 bottles a day of 120mls formula. She has grown so much since we started her on it and when I think about it, shes so much more settled... well, she has her moments!!! She doesnt like the dummy either, but I try it at different times and sometimes she will take it. Shes started to smile and coo a bit. Her head is so strong too and she is such a wriggle puss.
    Today we have the health nurse visit and tomorrow we have the orthopeadic appointment for her hips to see if she needs a harness. I am hoping that she wont, but if she needs it, the so be it. We are due for our 6 week check up next week, I cant believe how fast time has gone and that I have stayed realitively sane so far.
    Iona, I know what you mean about dh going out. I had to write down things I needed help with coz Adam is out playing sport 4 times a week, plus hes at work and then when he gets home he finds something to do, other than help with baby stuff. It seems that its only when he gets home and I am sitting on the couch crying that he helps. Poor boy needs instructions!!!!
    So what are you all doing for mothers day????? I wanted to do something special as it is my first mothers day ever, but Adam has hockey in Bendigo and is keen to see his mother. mmmmmm
    Anyway, I hope you are all well. Big hugs to you all and I hope you are getting enough sleep!
    Love Melissa

Hi!

Melissa - Glad everythings going well. Good luck at your appt today. Men are so clueless sometimes..dh has just decided he wants to do weights so has been spending every afternoon out in the garage. Grrrr. Sometimes you could just hit them over the head - lol!
    Mothers Day we'll be at home - we're having my mum and family come over for lunch so we don't have to worry about going out, I've got some pj's (which I've had to talk dh into wrapping for me!) and I'm booking in for a massage - although I don't know when I'll get a chance to use it.
    My back and shoulders are sooo sore from all the feeding.

Dylan went for his longest stretch last night - 4 1/2 hours from one feed to the other - woohoo! They then got progressively shorter over the night until it was only a 2 hour stretch this morning..

gotta go - Louis is trying to climb on the table!

hi all,

well we had a pretty good day yesterday. lily was pretty settled, but i was feeding her every 2 hours. all our bubs must be going through a growth spurt at the mo'! she did have a huge sleep first off last night sleeping from 9:30 until 3:30!!! i couldn't believe the time when she woke me up. then we were awake and feeding on and off for three hours... we went to mums and to the shops and she was even good then.

glad its not just my dh with no clue. he got up at 9:30 this morning with a scowl on his face and when i asked what was wrong he said 'lily woke me up and i'm so tired' wtf??!! he's tired....he doesn't wake up in the middle of the night to a screaming baby nor does he have something permanently attached to his (very sensative) boob!!! i wasn't happy...he also wants to go out on saturday night after work. he asked is that ok i told him only if he doesn't drink too much in case i need him. so he threw a hissy fit and said fine i won't go if you don't want me to go just say so! he truely has no idea what a big change this is!

lily just smiled at me and i think she meant to!!! she just did it again.... oh how cute!!

ok now shes screaming gotta go

Hi!

Kel - Sorry to hear about dh...Glad you had a good day yesterday! Wow on such a huge sleep overnight - I'm very jealous! LOL! Hopefully she keeps that up!!

I'm having a rotten day - I'm sure it's just cos I'm tired. Louis has been a bit of a terror and Dylan quite unsettled...What I would do for a peaceful arvo of sleep! hehehe.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast