Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2007 #2

Geez, I''ve got a lot to learn!!!!!!

dont worry sez...4 weeks ago I knew nothing!

I think i have mastitis guys the pain in my breasts is awful and lumpy/hard (even though i massage them out) and they are burning!!

I have TOO much milk and I dont know how to decrease it. Im off to the doctors this morning. See what i get for putting Mason back onto the boob?

Kristie: good news, nikki is rescheduling!

Hi!

Well, I had a shocker last night...bit of a zombie today...
    Just a quick one as I've got to have a shower...I think I got a smile this morning!! Woohoo! Dylans also starting to lose his hair and get some pimples...Omg my little boy is growing up - LOL!

Sezjm - Don't worry - I'm doing it for the second time and it feels like I'm learning all over again...

Danni - Hope your not getting mastitis - I've had lumps but luckily they haven't developed into anything and he'll have a burst of feeding and clear them out....Otherwise just express a little bit to try and ease them...

Danni, that definately sounds like mastitis Dont hold off too long to see the doc. My doctor told me off for waiting for the day. I got it on one side, then the next week I got it on the other. Not pleasant, especially if you get the flu like symptoms. Good Luck.
    I think Olivia had a cold....actually she does, shes all snotty and snorty and sneezing and her voice is a little hoarse Lucky we have our 6 week check up today.
    Last night we put her in her room, OMG.... seperation anxiety on my behalf. I had a few tears, coz she wasnt in our room. I have never ever felt like this about someone before. Its such an amazing feeling. Adam feels it too, but it doesnt upset him like it does me! She slept ok, but was up for an extra feed.... so back to the 2 hourly feeds Maybe coz of her cold or room change?!?!
    Kristie, I hope you get some sleep today and enjoy your shower.
    Sezjem, its such a learning curve, isnt it?!
    Hi everyone else, must go, my little princess is waking and we have to go to the GP...oh I think im due for a pap smear today
    Chat soon
    Love Melissa

Hi guys. Its been hectic so havent been in for a while. Feeling a little sorry for myself as have had a few problems breastfeeding. He is definitely getting enough milk - at 3 weeks he was already 1kg heavier than birth, and has loads of dirty nappies. But all last week my nipples really hurt, then on friday I started feeling really ill, saturday afternoon came around and I realised I had mastitis. It is never a good thing when the doctor looks at you and says 'oh my god!'. So have been getting over that. DH is bit stressed cos of exams coming up and I feel a little alone in the whole thing. I know he says to ask him for help but when I do he seems to get the grumps. So why bother? I know this time will pass but it does seem so difficult sometimes. Iggy is just so divine though. I wish I could extend the hours in the day so I could get everything (including sleep) done. Then I would feel better.
    Good to hear how everyone is going though.

yes i need to extend the hours in the day too! Wow...i didnt realise mastitis was so common!

I am off to the docs today.

Kristie: Thats the problem, I AM expressing...but its causing more milk production. Its a vicious circle!

Melissa: I am too scared to put Mason in his own room...and I swore that he would never be in our room. I know how you feel. Hope bubs cold clears up soon!

Hi everyone, hope you're all having a good day!

I think our little man is starting to wake up! He is now stirring for most of his feeds, and last night he woke up for feeds every three hours! I think it was a bit much for him though, he was a bit unsettled, didn't feed that well, and cried for quite awhile when putting him down again each time . He sleeps so much better during the day! We didn't have much fun this morning, we sat down to feed at 8.15am and he didn't latch on until nearly 8.45! I was starting to despair when he finally decided he wanted to eat. I'll give him another day, but I'm thinking that I might need a bit of help from an LC. Not that we're having any huge problems, but I just want everything to keep going smoothly.

Danni, I hope you've managed to get to the dr, and that you're feeling better. Mastitis sounds so nasty!

Melissa, I hope Olivia is okay, and that your pap smear wasn't too bad! I can't imagine having one in four weeks, it's still a bit ouchy down there!

Kristie, Nicky had a pimple the other day! I just kept putting BM on it, it seemed to help it go quickly. I'll just cry when he loses his hair, I love it so much! Hope you're managing to get through the day alright, it must be hard with a toddler as well.

Hope everyone else is well, I'm sure I'll get to know you all soon. I too wish I could extend the hours in the day, I feel like I can never catch up!

Off to try and nap now before Nicholas wakes for his feed.........

Hi!

Dylan and I managed a snooze on the couch today while Louis was napping which was great! Only woke up because my Mum called - grrrr. We're having a cruisy day here though...

Melissa - Poor Olivia having a cold - I'm sure thats what the extra feeds would be about. Yeah on putting her in her own room! Hope your appt went well!

Krysalyss - Sorry to hear about the mastitis...Hope things settle when your dh's exams are over...These early months are stressful on everyone!

Danni - Yeah...that is a bit hard...Hope it clears up quickly!

Sezjm - Sounds like your going well! Is he bringing his wind up overnight??? Sounds like a visit from a lc could be a great idea - You definitely don't want it taking that long all the time!! Hope you get a good nap in!

Well....we dtd last night! Only because dh was nagging so much...I told him to leave me alone again for a while now! It was ok...not painful or anything but just a bit uncomfortable. I didn't do it after having Louis for nearly 6 weeks so he's got super lucky this time! Better not get p/g....LOL!

haha kristie, we dtd last week and it was uncomfy for me too and I had a c/s!

Well the doctor said i cant have mastitis as i dont have red boobs or flu like symptoms and i dont have a temperature. He basically said i am producing too much milk and i need to stop expressing or atleast cut down a lot. well im trying...but OMG this engorgement kills

Keep rubbing the lumps while your feeding and try and direct Masons mouth to where the lump is iykwim?? Also...when your feeding put a nappy/towel up to the other boob and let it drip out as that can help stop ducts blocking....Hope that helps a bit...

Thanks krisite!!

Haha kristie at dtd. adam and i tried it at 3 weeks post birth...too ouchy, then again a aweek later, better but still sore!. now its back to normal and the doc gave me a script for the pill.
    the pap smear was fine, i have a little hem'roid (sorry tmi) from birth... got some cream and i have to do my pelvic floor exercises coz one part of my vag is being pushed on by my uterus oh the joys of child birth, so dont forget to exercise!!!!
    Olivia is due for vacinations in 2 weeks... think i will get adam to take her....i'll cry!!!!
    Hi everyone... danni, glad its not mastitis, krysalyss, sorry to hear that u have it. Sezjm, good luck at the lc clinic, its definately worth it for some tips....sadly their tip for me was to put her on the bottle but at least i am a bit wiser for next time.
    well, best go little miss wriggle puss makes it hard to type!!!
    chat soon
    love melissa

deedeeze Guest

Evening ladies

Dani and Kristie I can't believe you are DTD!!! I am certainly not ready for that! You certainly have lucky DHs!

Kritsie and sezjm Rhys has had pimples since he was born. I read that you should wash his face with a face washer and water 3 times a day. It has something to do with his immature pores and my hormones.

Sorry for the ladies with sore boobies. I hope they heal soon

Melissa, you are a brave girl! Don't know when we will let Rhys sleep in his own room!!

Not much to report from me. Rhys was an angle today. I even managed to get my hair cut and eye brows waxed while DH looked after him!!

Lets hope we all have a good night!

Geez caro, youre not a faliure, youre doing really well. plus its hard when you dont have many people around you. am thinking of you, hope u get to speak to the pead soon
    hugs melissa

Hi!

Dylans so unsettled...I think I'm going to be in for a rough night....He just keeps waking up and I'm not sure if it's tummy pains or just not sleeping right...Oh well...not much I can do but lose my mind! Dh needs a good nights sleep as well as he works all day...

Caro - Big hugs...I hope things improve for you soon...sorry I don't really have any advice. There are heaps of times I can't work out what to do with Dylan either...Don't feel bad though - we're all in the same boat most of the time!!

Melissa - Glad the appt went well!!! Glad to hear you're all back to normal dtd!! hehe.

Dee - Glad you had a good day! I'm just leaving his skin alone...he has a bath once a day anyway...Louis got them as well - really bad for a little while and then they all cleared up...

Better run before dh cracks it with an upset baby! LOL!

caro: Mason has put on a kilo in 3 weeks as well. One week was 490 grams, the next was only 250grams..each week can really differ and it also depends on how much you fed him and how close to the time he was weighed as well.

Mason now weighs 3.8kg! So glad he is growing and soon will be in 0000s! I put him in a 0000 two piece outfit today and had to roll up the waist so much and the top was swinging on him. That makes him 8lb5oz and still in 00000s! wow!

Hi girls, I don't have long as Ben is dozing on my shoulder and I need some sleep too. Just wanted to pop in and say hi since I've been MIA again. I'm finding it so hard to spend time on the 'puter as I feel guilty if I don't wash the dishes or do laundry if I get a spare second.

Ben's head seems to have developed a big lumpy bit at the back so we're going off to the clinic on Thursday morning. It doesn't seem to be affecting him in any way or bothering him, but we're going to get it checked out anyway to put our minds at ease.

Wow at you girls aready DTD!!! I admit I've at least started thinking about it, but I'm worried about where the stitches were so I might leave it a few more weeks.

Caro, I want to give you a big hug too - you really sound like you need it. You are NOT a failure.

Anyway, I'm going to try my luck with a bit of sleep. Night all!

deedeeze Guest

Disgirl. I'm with you. It will probably be about a fortnight until we DTD!

Danni, Rhys weighs about 3.1kg and we have him in 0000, probably because he is a long boy.

Caro, sending you big hugs. You are not a fraud. It takes time. We all have our good days and bad days. Lets hope you have lots more good days coming up!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast