Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2007

Oohh .. .good luck with being on your own this week Deb. I'm a bit worried about when DH goes back to work ... he's working from home for 2 weeks before he goes back to his actual workplace, so that will give me a bit of taste of how it will be to manage on my own.

Hi ladies

I hope i can join in.

My baby boy Kaan arrived Friday the 13th April (2 weeks early). (2.9kg and 49cm)

It seems all he does is eat and sleep at the moment. Guess i should enjoy while it lasts.
    I am breast feeding, took a few days to get him to latch on correctly, i was initially topping him up with formula but now that my milk has kicked in i have stopped that. Now it seems he cant get enough. Feel like my breasts are gonna explode between feeds - have expressed a couple of times but he still wants the boob after the bottle - so it seems pointless. Anyone know how much mls a baby needs?? I expressed about 80mls and he still wanted more.

He sleeps when he isnt feeding for most of the time, very placid. Is this normal???

How is everyone else doing?

Its such a learning curve.

Welcome Sammy, and congrats on the birth of baby Kaan
    My bubba sleeps most of the time between feeds during the day ... although nights are a different story lol. I'm pretty sure it's very normal for a newborn.

We had a much better night last night ... he woke twice for feeds during the night, then again at 8.00am this morning. We managed to get him back to sleep within an hour each time, but had to resort to using a dummy. I have been a bit hesitant about using one, as I think his latch went downhill after we tried it the first time, but we've used it the last two nights and he still seems to be feeding OK. The paediatrician did tell us not to let him sleep with it in his mouth, so we still have to stay awake until he's fully asleep, then take it out of his mouth, but that's still much much faster than our 4-hr dummy-free settling 'routine' that happened on a couple of nights.

I've started getting afterpains when I'm b/feeding ... really really severe ones that take my breath away. I haven't had any up until now, so not sure if I should be worried about this. I've also noticed that my tummy/uterus is really tender all the time, and I have to sit down and stand up very carefully, or it hurts. I'm going to keep an eye on it and ring my OB if it keeps up.

Hi!

We're home! Going well although I'm waiting for my milk to come in so Dylans a very hungry little boy! Seems to be like most of you - sleeping better through the day than at night...He's a good feeder though which is good. My nipples are very sore though just from the continous feeding...like a million times a day.

Cherie - I've had bad afterpains as well...even got some painkillers for them yesterday but they've calmed down a lot now...(so funny - I didn't have anything through the labour and then had panadeine for after pains - lol!!) Not sure about the tender tummy - The only time I have is if I need to go to the toilet?? and then it seems to put pressure on everything down there..

K - going to get off this computer!

Hi!

LOL on the bigger photos...I'll get there! hehe.

Louis is doing really well actually. Just had our first kind of difficult experience where Dylan was crying getting his nappy changed and Louis woke up early from his nap and was really upset. Dylan was due for a feed so I couldn't give Louis the cuddles I normally would. Luckily dh is home...He's being very loving and gentle though..no signs of jealousy as such just yet!

My husbands home for 2 weeks though so that will make things a lot easier!

I think my milk may be on its way in - I'm starting to get some little let down tingles and actually had a bit of leakage! Also Dylan only fed one side before falling asleep again so hopefully soon...

i finally found you all!!

Am trying to type one handed and am straining my neck and shoukders

very tricky trying to find time for bb and i feel like im missing out majorly. Hoping to get my prince into a good routine soon.

he sleeps all day...and i mean all day and last night he slept through the entire night (i had to wake him to feed).

ok gtg its time to open the milk bar again!

Wow Danni - sounds like your doing great! Yep - you can expect bb to be on the backburner for a while!

Caro - I had a bit of a meltdown in hospital with Louis but was ok once home...hopefully I'll be ok..I'm definitely a touch sensitive but haven't had any tears yet!
    Thats great that your hubby had so much time off!

K - bit of tidying up and then I'm off hopefully to get some sleep...we'll see!!

Just thought i would look to see if there was a born in april thing and wow there is and a heap of people alrady in here!!

My princess charlotte was born on the 12th and so far i rally cant complain, she was a little one 2.6kg but has been putting on about 100gms a day since birth so i think i am goingto end up with= a buddah. She is a good feeder - both sides every feed andthen will sleep for 3-4 hours! SO much easier than her big sister was who wanted to be fed every hour day/night!
    Last night was a crappy one though, she decided to feed every hour and a half, but only taking one side and i wasnt able to wake her to go onto the second one!

Must be off - i look forward to getting to know you all better in the coming days/weeks/months/years!

Yay, another girl baby in the April group..... thought it was something in the water, being surrounded by loads of boy babies!!!!
    We have had a busy weekend, on Saturday we were out for 10hours and I ran out of nappies, lucky I was at SIL's, she had sterile bottles and nappy liners!!!! Yesterday we were driving home from my parents and Olivia decided she would scream for dinner, so we pulled over in the servo and fed for 10 minutes. I knew we should have fed her b4 we left, but Adam was keen to go. I got upset coz she was upset and Adam was a bit tense. Well that was the first time I cried in 3 days.
    As for the blues, I basically had cried everyday until last thursday, so 2 and a half weeks!!! Lots of stuff to do with feeding, but now we are slowly working it out, I am a lot more calmer!!!!
    I have very sore bbs today, maybe coz I fed Olivia again, hoping she would latch on, but she has no idea and my nipples burn. I worked out it feels like a chinese burn when she sucks away, so now I will only breast feed her if absolutely necessary... although she still is getting plenty of EBM.
    We are looking to get a different pram, coz the bertini bidwell I got is way to heavy for me and the umbrella stroller we borrowed- Adam always hits his feet on it because he is tall. So we were looking at the beema q or valco-any ideas? Adam is 6foot and has a long stride. I want something easy to fold and not too heavy to put in the car (Honda CRV). I should have researched this a bit better!!!!
    Well I could rabbit on for ages, just wanted to welcome and congratulate you all who have had bubs recently.
    Take care
    Love Melissa

Jambin is asleep at the moment ... so just jumping on quickly. I tried to breastfeed and BB yesterday, but he seems to sense that my attention isn't totally on him, and gets really fussy and keeps pulling off my nipple. So I am going to have to restrict my BB time to when he's sleeping.

DH has gone to work today, for a half day, and then will be working from home for the rest of the week. It's the first time I've been alone since Jambin was born, and I was pretty scared, but so far so good .... I'm not looking forwards to when DH goes back to work full time - I'm hoping that I feel a bit more competent by then lol.

Melissa - great to hear that you've had a few tear-free days and are feeling calmer I had a seriously bad case of baby blues in hospital, and still have a few tears ... usually of a nighttime when I've been trying to settle him for hours and he still won't go to sleep! But things are slowly improving I think.

Cindy - welcome and congrats on the birth of Charlotte! I hope you manage to squeeze in a nap today to make up for not getting much sleep last night.

Danni - enjoy Mason's sleeping!! Jambin sleeps all day ... and is awake all night *sigh*

Kristie - I hope the '2 under 2' thing keeps working OK for you. You are going to be one busy lady when your DH goes back to work! I was the same with my afterpains ... I had an induced labour where I literally couldn't even feel the contractions (but ended up having a c/s anyway)... and then these afterpains take my breath away.

Caro - lucky you and having your DH home for 5 weeks! My DH managed to get 2 weeks off, then 2 weeks work-from-home (he's an animator, so all computer based anyway), and I think I am sooo lucky to have him available for that long. I'm really interested in your long post about your b/f journey when you get time to post it. Hope you're enjoying little Michael - he's a gorgous little treasure!

Hi!

I think maybe we've got Dylan asleep in his basinette! He just doesn't want to be away from anyone...hopefully it gets a bit easier once he's done it once - I remember Louis didn't want to sleep in his cot either to start with...

Cindy - Thats great Charlotte is still gaining so much weight! I have a midwife visit today so will be interested to see how Dylans going - hopefully he hasn't lost anymore - on discharge he was had lost about 185g...

Melissa - Wow - what a huge day out! You must have been sooo tired! I hope you get some rest and the tears clear away for you. I know exactly how you feel. I really struggled with Louis...
    My nipples are very sore too - I have been putting on lansinoh cream to try and help...they will toughen up!
    I've got a valco jogger pram and it's really good...haven't tried it out with the toddler seat yet though!

Cherie - I've never mastered the typing and feeding thing...hehe. Yep - I'm quite nervous when the time comes for dh to go back to work...Oh well, I can only do what I can do! The house will probably end up looking like a bombs hit it...hehe.

K - better get Louis some lunch - hopefully he'll have a nap soon so maybe I can get one as well...dh is asleep on the couch - he's slept more than me the last couple of days - that might have to change very soon! LOL!

we only just woke up! Mason was awake from 12:30-3:30 crying the whole time...poor bubba, we didnt know what to do!

Hi All,
    I have met some of you in Belly buddies and here I am finally in Baby buddies. I gave birth to my little one last Wed (is it already 5 days?!?) and we are now at home and settling into the routine. I am loving being a mum and think my little boy is just the bees knees. Anyway nice to meet you (and re-meet) you and look forward to chats.

i burp him with his head against my chest or my fingers under his chin iykwim?

If he posettes, i do keep feeding...he will reject me if he doesnt want any more.

Why do they posette? Something about the muscle in their asophagus (sp) not working properly until later in life and it doesnt swallow everything

Hi!

Aaahhh - the washing! hehe. forgot how much stuff we go through! Dylans nearly used half his wraps, singlets and suits all in the last 24h with sick and poo's! hehe.
    Milks in as his poos have gone mustardish! hehe. No engorgement just yet so cross fingers...
    He's finally letting us put him in the rocker for some sleep as well which is handy!
    Also managed about an hour nap today which was bliss!
    Midwife came and visited and everythings great...he's got a touch of jaundice but mild so she's not worried. He also had his heel ***** test but he was bf so it didn't hurt him which was great!

Danni - You poor thing...it's so hard sometimes...at least you got a sleep in!

Caro - I just play it by ear...if he sicks and wants more I give it to him and if he's content I leave it...(ditto Danni with how...)

Krysalyss - Glad to see you in here!

Wishing you all lots of sleep tonight...I think it's a bit of wishful thinking at this early stage!

Hi everyone,

Just watching Mary leaving hospital with the new princess and she looks so relaxed and beautiful - I don't think I was looking quite so pretty when I walked out!

We had a sleepless night last night. Maybe because Matias slept the whole day yesterday. He has been a bit fussy at the breast for the past few days, I m hoping it doesn't escalate into colic - which Alex had from the start. So far, Matias has been a very peaceful baby and easy to feed and burp.

Think I'm going to get a nap in now while the baby is sleeping.
    Great to read all your posts and hope to do some personals soon!

Hi!

Deb - Hope you get a better nights sleep tonight! I don't think I've ever been graceful - LOL!

Caro - A friend of a friend just had a bubba in england and was sent home after 6h and it was her first! (also after 1 1/2 hours of stitching apparently - thats just cruel)

Now for some photos - please visit my space dot com slash krisvee
    I've added a few on there!

Dylans having his first sleep in his bassinette!! Woohoo!!!

hwy guys im really worried that my breasts are not hard or full anymore...Ive been expressing 4 or 5 times a day and my last time I only got 80 mls from both breasts and normally I get 150... Please pray that my milk doesnt disappear...Mason really needs it

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast