Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2007

I'm sure all will be ok Danni! Just make sure you're getting rest and drinking lots of water!

Danni, not to worry, that happened to me, but now I can express up to 150mls again.
    Princess Mary did look lovely and I agree, I didnt look so good coming out, but then again I didnt have the world watching me, so I was happy to leave in a pair of tracksuit pants and a big daggy top!!!!
    Hope you are all well, I should go sleep before Olivia wakes up again... she was such a good girl last night sleeping 4 hours straight!
    Take care
    Love Melissa

oh Kristie, your kids are so cute!

Gee I must be blind!! I was looking for this thread the other day and couldn't find it and today I see it...

Hi to all our April Baby buddies and all of my old belly buddies. I'm being called so will be back later

Mason doesnt actually feed on the breast for longer than 5 minutes so I just give him 100ml of expressed breast milk in a bottle.

I think I was worrying about nothing. My breasts feel flat and empty but I still manage to express 80 mls from each breast at a time. I hope thats good? I just brought some aktavite too.

Caro, if only I had 2 mins to read your journal! Ill try this arvo

Hi!

Anyone using dummies yet?? I think we're going to give it a try tonight if he doesn't settle to well...

I'm sooo tired - went food shopping tonight and have finally finished tidying up the kitchen/house.

Melissa - Thanks!!

Iona - Welcome!!

Dylans going well...I think the sleep deprivation is finally starting to take it's toll! Lol. Hopefully I'll get a bit more tonight.

Chat tomorrow!

Kristie: I was so "anti-dummy", but the first night we were home, Mason cried all night, so I had to give him one.

Now he only has it if he doesnt settle in the middle of the night.

Hi!

Kristie - Matias is using the dummy now and then - usually when I need a break and I can't comfort him because of Alex or cooking dinner or whatever, I plug him and it seems to keep him amused for a bit. Trying to keep him from sleeping with it in, so if he drops off I pull it out.

Everthing is going well though. He is a bit spotty at the moment,but I think its just my hormones causing them and nothing too serious. We have another MCHN visit on thursday so she can check them out.

Hope you all are looking after yourselves.

Hi All,
    I have mastitis, so not feeling great but the antibiotics have kicked in already. Olivia is going great, she is so much more alert and I can work out her cries now. She was weighed yesterday and had put on 250gms in 6 days and has also grown alot. Shes now 3.25kgs and 50cm long, which is great.
    We use the dummy to settle her as well, but not all the time, shes a bad sucker so has trouble keeping it in her mouth!!
    Still looking for prams... either the valco or the beema, but the beema doesnt come with todler seat (coz we want another baby and reasonably close together!!!)
    Just want something easy to fold and light weight....Kristie, is the valco easy to manage?
    Anyway, got washing to do. Hope you are all well.
    Love Melissa

I have started using a dummy occasionally. iggy is a comfort sucker and will suck his fingers or clothes otherwise. he feeds really well n it helps distract him especially during changing etc or when he is trying to pass wind so i am pretty happy using him.

my biggest problem at the moment is nappies. i cant seem to keep him dry. when he pees it always goes through to his clothes. i thought it was the type of nappy i was using (eenies) but then in desperation tried huggies this morn n the same thing. anyone else having this trouble? i think it is cos he is a newborn - although not that small.

Grr just pressed the wrong button and lost my post....

Had an ok night - he's basically feeding 2 hourly which is a bit testing. Dh got up with Louis though this morning so I got 2 hours straight sleep. Used the dummy a bit - he's not too keen but I think he'll get the hang of it soon.

Melissa - Sorry to hear about the mastitis - hope it clears soon...Yeah, I find the valco great! It's not too heavy and easy to get up and down. We've just attached the toddler seat but it's not looking quite right so we've got to get it checked out!

Krysalyss - Hmm I know Dylans leaked out of his huggies a couple of times but I think thats cos his cords still there so it's hard to get it firm around his tummy. They're just so little I think they end up with little spots that it can leak out. I can only suggest to make sure you've got it up as high as you can and the leg elastics are all flicked out - don't know if that makes sense...

K - better dash...

Krysalyss - Have you tried making sure his penis is centred before you do up the nappy. I have found if its over to the side, its more likely to leak out of the nappy.

Kristie - these are the tough days! So physically demanding getting up and down and feeding all night as well as the usual day. Hang in there! Great DH is helping you.

Melissa . poor you with mastitis. I hope you feel better soon, it is terribly painful I remember from last time. Can't help with prams. We have a Teutonia but its not so light - its designed for Scandanivian winters I guess. I have started using a retro Brio pram which is enormous for walks with Matias. I bought a toddler set which goes on top and Alex sits on that. The 3 of us went for a trip into town on the train yesterday and it worked well.

Hi!

Well, we had a great night last night - I went to bed at 8.30 and he didn't wake until after 11am for a feed and then 3.30 and then 7.30!! Wow - what a difference a good nights sleep makes - I hope he can keep this up. All of a sudden he's going 3-4 hours between feeds! Woohoo!
    However, I won't speak to soon as I'll probably jinx it! hehe.

Deb - Wow on going into town on the train! We went to the shops and that was a bit traumatic! LOL. I'm sure it will all get easier of course although I'm a bit scared of doing things on my own.

Caro - Sorry to hear your having a rough time. They do say when they sick up it's not as much as it looks...I know it's a really common thing with babies to sick up all the time. Dylan is straight after a feed - actually anytime really - but it's not very much.
    I was feeding through the night with a boob out the first few nights but have stopped that now as I find it way to draining...I ended up stretching him out with the dummy and I think my milks a bit more in now. We haven't had to use the dummy since which is great.
    Dylan doesn't want to sleep in his bassinette really either. We've got him in the bouncer which your not really supposed to do but while it's working we'll keep it up. We're going to keep trying with the bass though...
    Remember as well - you're now 4 weeks into sleep deprivation! Everything is always worse when your tired! Hang in there - I'm sure it will get better soon!

sary Guest

Hi Guys,

I finally found you (and have a few minutes to myself to post!). I have just caught up on all your news and it's great to hear that overall everyone is managing ok.

I know I won't have time for personals now, but a quick update on Ben and I....

We have been doing pretty well. Ben has recovered a lot faster from the birth than me. All his nasty bruising has gone and the the skin on the back of his head where the suction came off has almost healed. I had a few breastfeeding issues as well with major engorgement, but that has settled in the last few days (my breasts are now a lot softer, but there is plenty of milk - I have to have a spare cloth nappy on the boob I am not feeding on to mop up all the milk that leaks everywhere). I am very lucky in that respect. Ben still doesn't attach properly on one side so I have booked in for a bf clinic for the day to try to get some more expert tips. I feed him lying down in bed overnight which works really well.

Ben is feeding about every 3-3 1/2 hrs with a few extra top ups during the day sometimes. He is a guts and put on 500g at his 2 week weigh in! He is going to be a little fatty if he keeps going this way! He hs a lot of alert time during the day (and at night sometimes too!!!!), but luckily is a very settled baby. He obviously gets a fair bit if reflux, but somehow copes fairly well with it.

As for me, it is taking a bit longer....a short walk down the road (10mins) still takes its toll and I have to remind myslef that it hasn't even been 3 weeks yet. It feels like everything is going to fall out (a strong feeling of pressure/aching down below). I ended up with a urine infection last week which I think set me back a little too. I hated taking anti biotics but didn't have a choice.

So that is my story so far. I am so glad I know where this thread is to keep in touch with everyone. I have been wanting to post for ages now....didn't want you all to think I had forgotten you now that Ben is here! I hope to be able to post again soon.....

Hi!

Sarah - Sounds like you guys are doing so well! Don't be too hard on yourself - it can take some time to recover! Sorry to hear about the uti - not nice at the best of times you poor thing. Glad Ben's feeding well! Yeah on the weight gain - thats great!

We're going well today - Dylans nice and settled which is great. I've actually got 5min to myself to read a mag which is nice! lol. (although it is a parenting one - hehe)
    I think I could be on the biggest loser - I've lost 7kg this week! LOL!!! (I just won't tell them I had a baby! hehe) Only 4kg to go to my pre p/g weight and then 5kg more to lose until I'm happy! hehehe.

Catch up later!

Hi Ladies

Glad to hear everyone is coping so well.

I have a breast feeding/sleeping problem, hoping someone can give me some advice.

It seems during the day Kaan sleeps about 4hrs between feeds but then at night wants to wake up every two hours. The maternal nurse visited on Tuesday and said that i have to give him one breast and let him fully drain it and then offer the second breast. But he always falls asleep after the first breast. I do strip him down to his nappy to wake him up - but still he rejects the second breast. So then i have one full breast and one empty one - which is uncomfortable. Apparently all the good stuff (milk) is at the end and thats why you have to drain it.

Then my sister told me, she was told to have them on each breast for 10 mins and then change, i tired this last night and he slept for 3 and then 4 hrs between feeds. Not to sure which way to do it now, i have ALOT of milk and have expressed (he doesnt like the bottle much).

Oh and he has put on 500 grams in 6 days - so i know he is getting enough.

I guess i would rather him to sleep 3 and 4 hrs at night, rather then 2 - but as long as he is getting a good feed.

Any suggestions??

Hi!

Sammy - I would definitely let him drain the breast rather than swapping after a certain time...I feed Dylan one side then change his nappy to wake him up and then go back on the other side...he never fully drains the second side but I just feed him that side first next feed. He may just have his day and night not sorted yet in regards to waking up 2 hourly overnight and then sleeping through the day. I try and make sure Dylan has some awake time through the day and a little stimulations and then it's all quiet and dark at night (no noise/tv). We did that with Louis and he worked out day from night pretty quickly.
    But - you need to do whats right for you...everyone will tell you something different, thats just what we do...

Dylans been good today...he's having a bit of trouble bringing up his wind and so not going down to easily. Poor little munchkin - looks like he has a bit of a tummy ache...

Gotta run - off for Louis swimming lesson...

Hi girls, I am finally catching up online so thought I'd seek you out!

My boy, Ben is six days old - in fact this time last week I was in labour! He's doing so well - sleeping four or five hours at a time and feeding really well when he wakes up. We had a reasonabally rough labour and he was suctioned out in the end, but his head has completely healed now and you would never know. He had a touch of jaundice, but it cleared up with bfing and a bit of (indirect) sunlight. He got weighed today and has put on a little weight which is good.

I keep thinking about the hospital and how disappointed I was with my brief stay. My midwife was fantastic and the doc and other mw who ended up helping with the birth were really good too, it's only once I got up to the ward where things fell apart. I was forgotten about and on my first night I didn't see the mw at all, even though Ben was unsettled for quite some time (I know I could have buzzed if it got too bad, but I didn't really want to do that for some reason). At 5am, the midwife came in and actually told me that they thought my room was empty! I wanted to go home anyway on Early Discharge, but that confirmed I'd made the right decision. I'm just so glad that Ben didn't have any problems and I didn't completely freak out. After such good care during pregnancy and labour, I was really disappointed and was so glad to go home the next day.

Anyway, Ben, DH and I are doing good. We went for a nice long walk today with the dog and Ben slept the entire time LOL

That's it for now, I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and swapping stories, I don't really know any mum's IRL.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast