Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2008 #2

Hi all

I'm finding it a bit hard to post at the moment ? things are just so hectic! I have DS's grandparents round most afternoons to 'entertain' him but he's feeling insecure and doesn't like to go out - so he's always hanging around with me, which has really stuffed up my breastfeeding tv viewing, which was the closest thing i had to leisure time... oh well. In other ways he's adapted so well and is so sweet with DD; I just have to give him the time to adjust a bit more.

grubi i hope you find a way to calm greer down. thank goodness for children's tv/dvds, hey? i have been shamelessly using these over the past few weeks! usually i set strict limits but these days anything goes - whatever will buy me a moment's peace.

DD spends a good while screaming each evening; she is good at going to sleep during the day (and mostly night) but late evening tends to be a problem time. Weirdly she has slept almost the entire day today, except for feeds and ten minutes here and there. This does not bode well for tonight...

danielle i'm glad DS is more settled for you since the change to formula. that must be a huge relief. as for sex... my poor DH is lucky to get a meal at night, don't think he'd dare mention sex right now! besides, who'd hold the baby??!

all right little miss seems to be waking up now. just as we were about to have dinner, of course.

wishing you all a peaceful night!

I managed to settle Greer - and yes Zennie she probably did want a feed, but I was concerned that it was something in my milk that caused the power chucks so didn't want to BF. I had to wait for the boiled water to cool to give her a bottle of formula. She drank 50mls and has now gone to sleep without being held. I also drank some chamomile tea so when she next needs to feed she will get that in the milk.
    MGM - yes I have let all the tv/dvd viewing rules go out the window. Thankfully DH makes the time to play with DS when he gets home.

grubi I really wanted a new pair of PJ's for mother's day (they where on my list), but didn't get them glad to hear that Greer finally stopped screaming for you, I used to find it really hard to know what to do with Jordan when he would bring up what seemed like an entire feed, I was so glad when Paed prescribed Zantac for him, it did wonders for the pain that he used to go through after a 'chuck'
    Danielle I used to drink my baileys with milk all the time, now it's just Ice only, and it is so nice as it goes in your mouth icy cold, but warms on the way down mmmmmmmmmmmmm. as for sex, my Ob has always recommended waiting till the 6 week check up, anyway, who has the energy for sex these days, i'm just way too tired. Oliver seems to have very good head/neck control and it could very well be because of their size, maybe they have more muscle tone if they are bigger.
    Fire I have to say that I do love the newborn stage but I also love it when they start to spend more time awake, can't wait for the first real smiles, although I swear I saw a grin when I put him in the bath tonight (he loves his baths)
    Zennie you really need to get onto DH about how it is his responsibility to spoil you and do things for you on mothers day until bubs is old enough to want to do/make things for you.
    Nelle I forgot they sleep more when they are going through a growth spurt.
    mgm it is really difficult finding time for ourselves with a newborn, but at least it doesn't last forever. Jordan ALWAYS used to wake up just as I sat down for dinner, it was so frustrating.

Well lovely ladies, I am going to head off and make DS's lunch for tomorrow, feed dog, then feed Oliver, as his last bottle was at 5.30pm (I usually get him up around this time for a feed as it is better than going to bed and getting woken up 30 mins later)

I just said to DH I could do with a drink and he produced a bottle of Pink Moscato Champagne - it appears he had bought it - I just didn't get it yesterday. So i have to take back all those horrible things I said about him and think that Greer will be having a little alcohol in her 2am feed.

SharonI think I know why she has power chucked today - I bought myself some Clinkers today when I went to get toilet paper and managed to eat the entire packet - so it was probably too much chocolate. If we get more power chucks with my watching what I eat for the next few days I'll go to the GP and see what they say. DS was given Zantac for his silent reflux - at least she is throwing it up.
    Last edited by alittlegrubi; May 12th, 2008 at 10:33 PM.

Hi Girls!

This is my 1st post in the April baby thread - my little man "Ryder Jayden" came into the world on the 30th April - was 4 days over & I was induced with rupture of membranes. Had an epi-dural due to high blood pressure & 5 hrs later I was holding a beautiful bundle. Just one little internal tear which I wouldnt even know I had now! Best birth experience ever, felt no pain & watched the entire birth with a mirror at the end of my bed. For someone who was so scared about giving birth, I would do it again no worries Thankyou for all the congrats messages in the Belly Buddies thread too. This is seriously the 1st time I've been able to find some time to post!

So Ryder is 12 days old now & I've had great difficulty b/feeding with cracked/grazed/bleeding nipples. So I've been expressing all feeds & Ryder very contented, sleeping 4 hourly. I b/f in hospital & when I first got home & my little boy would only go 1-2 hrs between feeds. I went to Dr today as I thought I had all the symptoms for mastitis - turns out you have to have the red rash on your boobs for it to be Mastitis! Still, I've had a fever all day, aching body like you wouldnt believe, just worn out. Told Dr that I'm expressing feeds & she told me my milk will dry up if I keep doing this & that I should be b/feeding to bond with my baby. Pfft.... I'm bonded whether I b/f or not! He knows me so well already - wont settle for DH but as soon as he's in my arms its a different story. Seeing midwife back at hospital tomorrow, so will get a 2nd opinion on what I'm doing! My nipples have repaired, & I've tried boob feeding him again but he's awake & whinging for more milk 2 hours later! Is there anything wrong with what I'm doing? He's so content this way & it means anyone can feed him too - I cant cope with being "needed" so much. Am expressing 125ml-140ml each boob every 4-6hrs. Ryder drinks anywhere from 80ml-125ml per feed 4 hourly. Any advice?

Welcome Jodie, aww, yor little guy is less than 2 weeks old! Hehe, I feel like a veteran (Si's a March 30th baby, but I'm a pretender in here :P).

Grubi, I can't remember, does Greer have a cold? Si does, and that makes him spew, he feeds on a tummy full of mucous and spews it all up, the spew can be quite mucousy, and sometimes it's a little spew and he's fine, but if it's a big spew, he can want to feed again quite soon after. SUCH a pain.

No idea why I'm still awake, this is quite naughty. At least I've showered, loving showering at nights! And at least I'm in bed, I just need to shut the laptop lid...

Grubi: I had a similar day yesterday all Ryley done was scream alllll day long turned out he needed a big big poo and it didnt come until the afternoon he settled after that. He too was turning purple from screaming i was trying o keep my DD entertained and myself calm as well as Ryles settled, I need amillion arms hey!

Ryley seems to be waking at 2 am for a feed then he stays awake all morning argh! I am soooo tired cause it takes me hours to get him to sleep at t he beginnin of the night - he doesnt normally drop off till about 10pm if not later. I have to do all the night time stuff onmy own too cause DH drives an hour and half everyday for work so he sleeps out of the room and im just so drained! And no sleeps for me durin the day with DD, and still have to do all washing and cook tea put it in the fridge also gotta do shopping today, but DD is goin to daycare today so fingers crosse Ryles has a huge sleep and I get some in too - but he'll probably sleep the whole time we are out.

oh well off to pack Lilys daycare bag! after the day i had yesterday with both the kids as much as ilove her... ill be glad to see her go today gives mummy a break...

take care girls...

Welcome Jodie- another pretenter here, my little miss was induced 2 weeks eary. so she is the nana of the group. well done on your birth!!!

Danielle- oh the poohing!!!! such a struggle for them sometimes. we are having pooh explosions every 3 days which requires a bath and outfit change so much poo. i could so do with a million arms!!
    hopefully you can get some more sleep

Grubi- how was your drink??? yummm clinkers.

Has anyone started to express to get a back up store?? My swing pump arrived yesterday and i am unsure when to pump??? do i do it after a good feed??? i dont want to take away heaps from her next feed.

Oh and does any one else baby have really stinky farts!!! omg this kid can do some whoopers

danielle i can definitely sympathise. last night dd was awake 2.30 - 6am. today i feel like a zombie (and a grumpy one at that) . my dh has a long working day and needs his sleep so he sleeps in another room and i don't wake him at night to help. some days i feel so jealous that he's slept and i haven't! hope you get some sleep while lily's out.

Jodie I say Pffft to you Dr too. I expressed for 2 months with DS and only BF at night, my supply didn't drop off so much as I had enough of expressing at work. As long as he is feeding 120-180ml per kilo per day everything is okay and if your milk does dry up just start formula. So far he is getting the goodness of your milk and not everyone can BF. My advice to anyone is do what works for you.
    Nelle Greer did sound stuffy last night, and I'm feeling a bit like i'm getting a cold - so maybe it is that. We had another power chuck this morning, but we go through the night okay.
    Beatrix Drink was great - like lolly water after not having anything for over 12 months now. I was naughty and had 2 glasses. DH joined me and he doesn't usually drink that kind of thing - it was nice. DH said he had meant for it to happen on mothers day but I went to bed early with the kids so he left it in the fridge until last night.
    Danielle hats off to you - I'd be killing the 3 year old by now if I were in your situation. My DH sleeps in our bed and I sleep in a bed in the nursery so he gets his sleep for work - but he does the majority of the cooking and helps out heaps with the housework - I love him to death and would prefer he gets sleep at night and helps than us both be short tempered due to lack of sleep.
    MGM I don't so much get jealous, but I get annoyed on the weekend when he gets to have a nap with DS or DD and I have to stay up with the other one.
    We are off to get tongue tie cut this morning and I have the dentist this afternoon - so I am not counting on a sleep today.
    Last edited by alittlegrubi; May 13th, 2008 at 10:56 AM.

grubi aha, well, I hope you find the reason for the power chuck, would be a bugger if you had to give up chocolate though. Hope things go ok with getting the tongue tie cut and with you at the dentist.
    Jodie welcome, I have to say, that if I was quite a bit younger, and we had a bigger house, I probably would go again, even with the knowledge that babies get bigger the more you have (well in my case they do) I would have another, yes, it was VERY painful and I thought I was going to die LOL but it was so worth it. I also have to say Pfft to the Dr who said you need to BF to bond with your baby, I haven't BF since day 2 and I can honestly say I don't think I have bonded any less with Oliver than a baby who is exclusively BF.
    Nelle I have my shower at night too, just seems to make the day easier as it's one less thing I have to try to squeeze in.
    Danielle Oliver did the same to me last night, although he wasn't fully awake, all he did was grizzle and grumble in his sleep, from 2.30am to 5am.
    Beatrix we are lucky as we haven't had any nappy explosions here.
    mgm my DH wears earplugs to bed, he has done for many years because of my snoring, but I don't expect him to get up to Oliver in the middle of the night because he job is very mentally draining, and if I need to I can always have a little cat nap on the lounge to try and catch up on sleep, and there is always the weekend, DH takes Jordan to tennis on Sat mornings so I can go back to bed after the morning feed (around 7ish) and then can sleep through till about 11-12 ish.

I have decided that this week I am going to start some light walking on the treadmill, my baby weight loss has now stabled, and I am 13kg lighter than what I was when I first fell pg, and if I lose just another 7kg, I will be thrilled, as that will make me 65kg and I haven't weighed that since I was about 22
    Last edited by Sharon19270; May 13th, 2008 at 11:42 AM.

Hello & welcome to new members.. got really bad baby brain and I keep getting interrupted reading these threads that I can't remember if there are one or two new members or what your names are... sorry!

Powerchucking - my little man has been really upset & chucking during feeds, so we figured he might have reflux. Went to Drs yesterday who said he 'probably' had reflux and recommended we get Gaviscon infant to give him. We've been using the Brauer 'Stomach Calm' since Saturday afternoon which we think had just starting doing the trick, but thought we'd try the Gaviscon - so we did it for a feed last night and the poor bugger hated it. He bawled for at least an hour afterwards. We've decided to stick to the Brauer for now... he's so much calmer on it. He still chucks and sometimes gets upset over it, but it passes relatively quickly. He hasn't 'powerchucked' since the Brauer's taken effect.

Newborn phase - I agree with most of you. Can't wait for him to start being able to show his personality more... but he is soooo cute!

Better go - got a CYH appt this arvo and will be going to Centrelink to put in the 'baby bonus' form now that we've finally got his birth certificate!

Have a great day everyone!

its been a shocker here too. have managed to steal afew hours sleep but am really feeling drained. i almost lost it when i discovered my mums dog had been in the nursery again and peed on my nappy bag and cot. grrrrrr and that hed pooed in the hallway. seems to be a little jealous of bub and started sneaking in when i go visit her and its not faiir on my dog to lock them both out cos hes feeling threatened(my girl knows better)Russell has barley slept in 2 days but is doing better today. seems to be farting and squirming heaps so think hes a bit backed up......

quick visit - seems to be an epidemic of unsettled bubs!! Luke turned it on for me last night too and simply won't settle today. He has decided that the only place to sleep is in his rocker - so eventually I gave up and let him sleep there and I slept on the couch. He was happy as larry - I am sore from the couch!!! Have escaped for half an hour to salvage my sanity.

As for sex - we had a go on the weekend, was OK but I ended up a bit sore. Enjoyed the closeness with DH but not going to try again for a while.

Re expessing - my midwife said to express after a feed and not to do too much. I think the theory was that if I expressed too much I would increase my supply too much.

Sorry for no personals - will be able to do better when I am on line more!

Hi all

Sounds like a few of you need some sleepy vibes in here!

Had Baxter weighed yesterday and he gained 145gms in 6 days, yay!! I am so pleased, he has really turned the corner with his weight gain and I've relaxed too. We have my 6 week OB appt and his paed appt in Perth next Tuesday so if the paed is happy with him, I'll attempt to wean myself off the Motilium and fenugreek.

I called the dr surgery yesterday for his urine test results and was told it was all clear. I went to a First Time Parenting Group at the local hospital today and saw my MCHN and she told me the results were all clear after speaking with the practice nurse.

Then I get home this afternoon (after shopping with Baxter at Coles, in the rain! But that's a different story...) and the surgery called to say that the dr wanted to make an appt to see Baxter about the test results! So I'm just a teensy bit nervous but figure if it was urgent then they would see us sooner than his Friday appt.

Well, we had a really good night last night, he woke once at 2.45am then slept until close to 7.00am.

Getting him weighed again next Monday to ensure he is on the up and up.

Wishing you all peaceful nights!

SG
    xo

PS - Nessa, I've been pumping after each day feed to build up my supply on the advice of my lactation consultant and I'm reducing it to 2 for some frozen EBM store. I find I get the most after his first two feeds of the daytime, ie 8.00am and 10.30am feeds. HTH.

ETA - oh and she said to pump for 5 minutes each side too.

Tonguetie cutting appointment went really well - not sure if she was crying because of hunger, being held down or the cut, but straight on to the boob after and within minutes she was a contented baby. slept for 2 hours, another quick top up feed and slept for close to 3 hours. BF feels a lot better for me now that she has tongue movement.
    Dentist went well for me too - considering I haven't been looking after teeth properly since having Greer, missing out on the night time brush due to being so tuired and climbing into bed without venturing into the bathroom.
    Sharon - I'm thinking that the power chucks might be overfeeding. NettieIf they are still going on the weekend I'll get the Brauers - used that with DS and prefer more natural treatments to Zantac and Gaviscon.
    Tired from my full day - hope I can survive tomorrow with the planned movie adventure with DS tomorrow - probably means no afternoon nap tomorrow either. Feeling that i over did it today as my stomach /c-section is sore and I feel the need to walk slowly again - will have to dose up on pain killers tonight.

I don't know why, but tonight I just had this over whelming sense of sadness come over me, DH asked me if I was OK and I burst into tears, I can't exactly pinpoint what is making me sad but just feel like curling up in a corner somewhere and bawling my eyes out. DH was lovely while I was crying, kept telling me what a fantastic job I was doing, but I just don't see it.

Sorry for the selfish post.

Well i had Mj check up today.

She has a sort of tongue tye thing but its not under her tongue its on the top of her mouth between her lip and her gum on the right hand side. it is fairly thick and large so we have to go see a baby type dentist thing as it may effect her teething.

Grubi- glad to hear that she is feeding better for you and the cut didnt effect her too much

Sharon- dont say sorry for posting about yourself, thats what we are here for. Remember lack of sleep can play with your emotions big time. Dont hold it in. I hope you feel better soon. I have beenhaving some bad days too.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast