Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2008 #3

Butterfly_Princess Guest

Fire During her short wake times, ill talk to her and give her some tummy time once a day..once she starts yawning though she is straight into bed. In the long period where she is awake, ill talk to her, watch TV with her (ill sit her on my lap to face the tv and ill hold her little hands, she loves the news), listen to music, show her DP's beautiful photography that he has up around the house, and im thinking maybe ill take her for a drive or a walk see if that will maybe make her a bit tired or drowsy.. she does get very unsettled towards the end but i think thats more coz i kept trying to put her down when obviously she doesnt want to (even though she is falling asleep on me and yawning every 10seconds lol)

Afternoon all,

WEll everything going great with kids for once. Have changed Wyatts clothes over from 0000 to 000. Only have to buy a few going out outfits and another pack on bodysuits which I uses for singlets.

DH is COMING HOME 2NIGHT.

It will be lateish, but I will let kids stay up and see him. I can't wait, god I have missed that man, regardless of his smell socks, and LOUD snoring. This has been the longest we have been apart from one other in 7 years. The second longest when I had Wyatt.

Well I better go just thought I would yell is out to someone.

Cheers

Vixstar welcome, I look forward to getting to know you.
    BabyWrangler yay on Benjamin back to BF again. Thanks for the offer to msg you if I need to talk, I may take you up on that offer if I start feeling stressed and overwhelmed.
    alittlegrubi that is quite a few pgncy that didn't go to plan, in most situations I try and hope for the best, but PLAN for the worst lol
    Nettie I really don't think you can make them sleep longer at night if they aren't ready, I have noticed that Oliver is having a little bit less every few days of his feed at the 2am feed so I am thinking that he is getting to the point where he doesn't really need it, I also usually get up to him when he is just grizzling so think I may actually wait and see if it turns into full on crying before I get up and give him bottle. How did U/S go today?
    Fire hope you are feeling better after your anxiety episode the yesterday.
    Meg nice to see you back, Oliver usually sleeps really well during the day and night, just has his unsettled period (although not every day) between 5-7pm, I am lucky that my DH has been cooking dinner for us all lately, I feel quite spoiled.
    sarah I usually get really excited when DH comes home after a long business trip, a few years ago he was working over in the Solomon Islands and he would usually be gone for 4 weeks at a time, then home for 5 days then back over there again for another 4 weeks, I don't know how people go being married to someone in the armed services.

DH had a job interview yesterday, but the only thing is, is that we would have to move up to Proserpine QLD if he does get it, I would love to move up north but would miss my BF so much, DH said that he could commute, ie, fly up Monday morning then fly back Friday night, but I think I would miss him too much and would think it would be even more stressful for me that way, than if I had to say goodbye to my friends. It will be a tough decision if he gets offered the job, he has to make it to the second round of interviews first though.

I have decided to try Oliver on the mixture to thicken his formula, instead of the pre-made stuff as I think it is just too thick and it is making him tired to have to suck so hard once it starts to cool, the food thickener says to use 2 scoops per 100ml, he is on 150ml so I will just use the 2 scoops for now and see if it is any easier for him and if it stops him falling asleep while only half way through his bottle all the time.

Sorry for the long posts everyone, just can't help myself sometimes and just keep on jabbering on

kirsty_lee Guest

CHecking in for today. Been a great day today, Ava-Jayde is over her growth spurt which has had her awake and crabby and feeding constantly for the past 2 days. She's back to her sleeping for 3-4 hours and waking for a feed. She was only awake today for about an hour or so. Unfortunately AF has come back now so im dealing with cramps, so bloody annoying. Hope you's are all well!!

Hi all

sharon - leaving your BF could be tough, especially when you have kids and really need your support structures. do you know people in proserpine?

sarah - all the best for your reunion with DH! and well done for managing without him. i would be a frazzled mess after just one evening without my DH at home.

mummymeg - sorry to hear about your medical troubles. it's hard enough looking after a new baby, let alone having health issues... hope you're free of them soon.

fire hope you're feeling better. did you see the LC today?

DD had her 2 month checkup today (a week early) and has gained over 650g in under 3 weeks, so she's doing well. the green poo saga continues but only during the day - nighttime ones are normal. weird. in any case she's thriving and doesn't seem to have tummy troubles.

have managed to make a banana cake today (in stages - measured out ingredients at various times in the day, then mixed them this afternoon). actually i shouldn't say i've made it yet since it's still in the oven (i might forget about it and discover it burnt to a crisp later!) but it feels like an achievement.
    Last edited by mgm; May 29th, 2008 at 09:46 PM. Reason: baby brain! can't get dd's weight gain figures right...

kirsty_lee Guest

Ohhh MGM Im so jealous! I looooove banana cake!!

Hi all,
    well...Sharon, have you tried a faster teat for Oliver? That might help.
    Not sure what thickener you are using, but we have been using the Kariecare thickener for Benjamin's EBM, its 1 scoop per 100ml, and I think it thickens more in his tummy, it does make the EBM a little thicker to look at, but he never seems to have trouble getting it out of the bottle, or getting drowsy with it.
    I've found though now that he's back BFing, the only time he tends to chuck majorly is after the Zantac...the rest of the time theres the odd spit up, which I class as normal (the ones that basically just dribble out and look like bird poo...without the black bits of course!).
    The past 2 days BJ has mucked around with his arvo sleep (typically its been at about 2:30 after his feed), and not fallen asleep until about 4pm...very frustrating cause he then has to be woken at 6 for a feed and medi, and then when he gets tired at bedtime (which keeps getting earlier, now at 7pm), he sleeps for about an hour, then wakes, and won't re-settle until after his 10pm feed! I know its not cause he's hungry at that time cause yesterday I tried feeding him from me, and some EBM and he wouldn't take either!!

Oh well...off to wake for a feed and medi!

Just a quickie as DS is grizzling...

U/S went ok. Didn't have to have the internal component and the girl reckons everything looks fine (no product, etc). Will see the Dr on Tuesday to find out what it all means!

Kirsty - you give me hope for us! Liam seems to be having a growth spurt at the moment - awake HEAPS, almost only cat-napping through the day and eating LOTS. My EBM isn't keeping up (especially as we were away from home yesterday and I missed about 6 hrs between expressing). However, I've come to peace with the fact if I don't have enough milk, he can have formula. I'll do my best as see where that gets us. I'm pretty proud of 6 weeks of expressing anyway. Will try now for 8 weeks - little steps! I'm hoping this unsettled time finishes soon. He's been like it for about 3 days now! Some feeds are only 1-2 hours apart and he's having up to 100 mls a feed! Some feeds are only 60 mls, but mostly around 70 - 80. Heck! No wonder I'm not keeping up!

I am so sick of doing dishes (bottles, expressing cups, etc)... I'm not sick of nappies, washing clothes or feeding etc. but am so over doing the washing up! My hands are so dry!

Anyway - enough of a whinge from me... DH & I are going to watch a DVD together while Liam's feeding/playing/sleeping whatever!

Nettie I sometimes feel like it is groundhog day!! Like a horrid case of dejavu (sp?)!

Fire mummameg Caleb also loves watching the tv, i sit with caleb on my lap or walk around with him and if he isn't screaming, i don't change what i am doing for anthing LOL

kirsty_lee I am so not looking forward to getting AF again, I really didn't miss here for the 9 months of pregnancy.
    mgm we know no one up there, the closest I would have to relo's would be an uncle and aunt in Rockhampton. My mum and dad are only 15 mins drive from me atm but in a few months time they are moving to Tasmania for the remainder of their retirement. I was talking to DH tonight and because we always have heaps of 'points' on our Amex account that we can transfer over to qantas so I would be able to fly down to Sydney a few times every year and me and kids can stay with BF. One person who would hate us moving so far away will be MIL, for me though, she is the one person I will NOT miss Oh and I have to agree with Kirsty yummo to the Banana cake, it is my fave.
    BabyWrangler I bought the Karicare thickener, he has been on the Karicare AR formula, but it really thickens up once it cools down (he likes his bottles heated really well, to the point where most people are shocked that he likes it so warm) the teats he is using are actually designed for use with cereal, they have a cross (like this + ) type of a hole, anyway, the 2 scoops of the thickener seemed to make it thicker than the pre mixed stuff, so we will stick with what we where using (would you like a free tin of thickener?) These bubbas of ours just constantly like to keep us on our toes, as soon as we seem to be settling into a routine that works, wham, they decide to change the rules!
    Nettie glad the U/S went well, and yay to not having to have 'dildo cam' ('scuse the french)

We are off to the clinic nurse tomorrow for a quick check up, will be interesting to see how much he has grown, then later we are off to get his hands and feet done, it will be nice to compare him and Jordan as Jordan was 5.5 weeks when he had his done too. I finally got around to getting some pics printed off today too.

Butterfly_Princess Guest

Sharon My DP cooks dinner for me too, when he is home, which is awesome, but he works one week on one week off. He is awesome
    mgm yeah tell me about it, i reckon its payback for having an awesome preg, labour, and getting away with no stretchmarks too!! Its just amazing how i didnt even think anything of the white transparent dots on my tummy (i hadnt noticed them even) and the doc tells me i have a fungus..and then he check my back to see if its there too and he tells me my mole looks dodgy..haha. Banana cake!? I love that stuff, esp when its home made, nice and warm with butter, omg..*drool*

So tonight i took Isabell for a drive to hopefully relax her to get her to sleep. It worked kind of. Although i only got her down at 9:30pm.
    She is still in 0000, but not for long, she fits into SOME 000 though, but its not a perfect fit like 0000. Im amazed coz she is getitng to be quite the chubba lol.
    She loves me, i can see it clear as day, when she talks to me her eyes light up, and when she smiles she isnt hiding it at all, its this awesome huge toothy (ehem gummy) grin, that kinda ends in a little 'laughing' action, i wouldnt be surprised if she starts laughing soon lol. I just cant get over it, its like she is excited to see me 24/7 lol. I cant wait til DP is on his week off so he can experience all this.
    Last edited by Butterfly_Princess; May 30th, 2008 at 12:41 AM. Reason: realised DD doesnt have teeth yet..lol..

Morning Mummies,

DS#1 is captivated with Play School for the min so I thought I would jump online.

Feel awesome today, fed Noah at about midnight last night and he did now wake up again until just before 7am!!! Fed again, poohed, [email protected], smiled, cooed and crashed again. (Noah that is not me! LOL) YAY!

Went to the chemist after lunch yesterday and had him weighed as CH prob won't see me until he is about 6 weeks for the first visit.Anyways, he is now 5.48kg, came home from hospy weighing 4.20kg. Now 58cm long!!! No bl**dy wonder his clothes are right in length but his sleeves are always a bit long.

Play schools over now so must go and entertain DS#1.

Have agreat friday ladies.
    xxxx
    Last edited by Vixstar; May 30th, 2008 at 10:03 AM. Reason: cannot spell.......*sigh*

Hi all

well saw the surgical gynae on wed and all is well, however despite BF it appears Af is back after 12month break (apart from MC and D&C). So not happy!

Russell is driving me insane this week . Dp has been away and its been really cold up here and Russell refuses to sleepin his bassinett between 12 and 8 am and wakes up to feed every 2 hours when in bed with me , then gets grizzly cos hes tired. my throat s so sore from singing him back to sleep last 3 nights. NOt sure if its cos of the cold or Dp being away that hes so grizzzly.

He also keeps falling asleep at the boob while still feeding and i dont know that he is getting enough. woke him up after 7pm feed and he wasnt interested, but was hungry again at 8:30. would love him to go back to 4hr sleep cycles. hes just all over the joint atm. how do i tell hes getting enough and encourage him to sleep longer at night?

Hiya all,
    My little fella is still wearing 0000 clothing...He is only just fitting into his Pumpkin Patch newborn size clothes well. Some of them more than others, some are a little baggy, and the ones I shrunk in the drier are just now (at nearly 8 weeks) starting to get a little short!
    We are off the MCHN on monday, it will be good to see how he's going...to us, he feels like he weighs well over 5kg now (was 3.125 born, 3kg when we left hospital). He's still fitting into newborn huggies too!
    I tried a fitted cloth nappy on him yesterday and they are still too big (picture Steve Irkel from that early 90's tv show!)...so we are still in sposy's....he got really upset when he tried to sit up for burping in the clothy, changed him into a sposy and we were all good to go!

He's feeding off me like a trooper now again, I'm thrilled, no nipple sheild or anything (back when the reflux and colic started, we swtiched to nipple sheild so I didnt drown him, and then eventually bottle feeding....back onto me completely now, except at bedtime, we top him up with a bottle of EBM sometimes...

Sharon: Have to you tried half the recommended dose of thickener?
    I may have mis read the label, but I'm sure my karicare says 2 scoops per 200ml, so if Oliver is having 100-150ml, maybe jusy put one scoop in? I found when BJ was on bottle, I'd do one scoop to each 125ml bottle and that was fine...he didnt have trouble drinking it, and it stayed down...
    Zennie: I got AF again at 6 weeks, had to cancel my 6 week post natal (which included a pap smear) because of it...wasn't happy either...but so be it I guess...least I know my "bits" still work!

morning all... this one handed typing is a little slow LOL :0

we weighed caleb this morning and he has put on 470g in a week.... this sounds HUGE does any one know on the net where i can get info on 'normal' weight gain for infants???

He eats a lot... bottle fed, eats 100ml karicare every 3 hours. Have tried to stretch him out, but the most i can get him to is 3.5 hours.

just checking in,

thinks not well her. DH and i have seperated for good. he has taken all his stuff and left. long story short i found records of msn chaats with girls who work through web cam shows and him talking smut and trying to use our credit card to view these shows, was final straw for me.

will be mia for a bit, trying to deal with all the changes

mj is doing well though

Zennie: You must be so tired ATM with DP away. I hope he comes home to give you a rest soon.

I went through that though when DH was falling asleep on lounge and not coming to be until early hr in morning, Wyatt used would wake up like every 2hrs. But on nights DH was in bed he would sleep
    through until 12-1:30am. I think it was DH snoring lets Wyatt know someone else in room with him.

Cheers

Bea- so sory all came to a head like that we are all here if u need to vent.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast