Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2008 #3

Danielle I didn't get any real scabbing with my incision, it was a nice clean cut and smoothed over by week 5. The only swelling I think I have is where Greer's head was whilst breech. I asked MCHN and Dr about yellow discharge today and both said not to worry unless other symptoms like itching, burning, pain or fever. Forgot to ask when I can start exercising as not my usual Dr.

We had a marvellous day today thanks to Fire's article. I wrapped Greer and she slept from just after midday until 4.45pm, woke up, changed her , fed her and she has just let out a big pooh after her feed so I best change that and see if she remans settled - she is concentrating on my fingers typing ATM.

For those recovering from c-sect , who had staples and who had dissolvable stiches. i had dissolvable stiches and was healled within 4 weeks and apart from a suspected infection that was proptly dealt with have had no troubles. i am curious to see whether the differnt stictching methods have very differnt recovery times and results. My scar is also very thin and not overly repulsive(if thats possible) lol.

alittlegrubi there has been a lot going on with her the last 12 months, but it is nothing all that different from before, she just gets really moody and becomes very self centred when things don't go to plan, and she is a very negative person. We will probably sort things out eventually, but at this point in time I have my own stresses and depression to deal with, I can't take on hers as well. WOW that is a fantastic weight gain for 16 days.
    Fire great article, very interesting, it seems that there are some things that I am doing right with Oliver.
    Leyla very clever bubs you have being able to roll from tummy to back, Oliver HATES tummy time so we don't really do it too often. I find it hard to keep up with the personals too.
    Danielle Oliver is now 5.83kg at 6 weeks, he was 4.84kg at birth so I guess my pediatrician calling him a piggy was appropriate he is still in 000's but think that there would be some 00's out there that would fit him now. With Oliver's wind, I usually try for about a minute or two to bring up his wind and if it doesn't happen then I give up, but if he has wind he is usually really good bringing it up, otherwise it just comes out the other end later.

Had an ok day today, even though we where out for most of it, he was a pretty happy baby, and when he wasn't sleeping, he just sat in his pram quietly and watched the world go by, he also seems to be feeding better so I am guessing the extra dose of Zantac must be working. We are starting to get a few more little smiles and the occasional big grin and a fair bit of 'story telling' happening.

Just on the size thing, Bj was in 5x0's for about 2 weeks, he's JUST starting to graduate to 000's now, only most things are still 4x0's!!!
    Having a tough night with BJ tonight with his poos....he STILL has trouble despite being on a laxitive and taking 50ml of water a day....
    Getting a ref to a paed tomorrow hopefully.

zennie - first c/s i had 'normal' stitches. second one, dissolving ones. the actual wound healed better first time round i think. it probably would have been better this time only the nurse told me not to remove the dressings, they would fall off by themselves. they didn't, and it took a few weeks before i realised something was wrong. once they were off it healed up quickly though. staples sounds kinda gruesome; anyone had those?

grubi i'm inspired by your successful application of settling techniques - may have a go myself. thanks fire!

spent today trying to ensure that dd got enough sleep, in the hope of having a better time tonight. ds is too sick to go to kinder tomorrow - which is awful, since it's my only real break from him! i adore him but looking after two is tough right now.

Zennie I had staples and my incision was healed well within the four weeks and is beautiful for a scar now. The midwife that removed my staples said she had not seen an incision that clean in a long time. I think the healing is more to do with how it is done than the method. Think my doctor took a lot of care as I was frantic when told I needed an emergency caesar.
    Recovery is also probably partly affected by the mental approach you have to it I'd say.
    What are your thoughts Danielle/Kat and any others who have been through the experience more than once?
    Sharon Oh yes, I know the type of friend that you are referring to and they are very draining. Totally understand where you are coming from. Hope you are dealing okay with your own issues. If you want to talk about the depression side of things it let me know, I have been there.
    I am amazed, seeing the weight gain for Oliver and Ryley, Greer was only 2.92kg at birth and is 4.88kg at 6 weeks and 5 days that is almost twice Oliver's gain and if Oliver is a piggy what does that make Greer? Guess that since she was in the 10th percentile at birth she had a lot to catch up on. We have moved from 5zeros to 4zeros after 4 weeks and now at nearly 7 weeks we are into 3zeros, although we can still fit into 4zeros if it is 2 pieces.
    Will be going to Dr in the morning for Greer's checkup and see what this one says about the umbilical hernia as the doctor I saw for my checkup suggested surgery almost straight away.
    Fire Thanks again for that article link - today has been heaven and I am attributing it to the wrapping, although I could be wrong. Greer had a little awake/grizzly time when we went to the in laws as they go overseas tomorrow for nearly 6 weeks, but fed her again around 7.30pm and she is still asleep now at 9pm.
    So today's routine has been
    6.45 am awake, 10am -11am sleep, 12.10 - 4.30 sleep, 5.45-6.15pm sleep, 6.30-7.20pm asleep 7.45-???? asleep
    that replaces the day before roughly 7.30am awake 9-10am asleep 2pm-4.30pm asleep 8.15pm -12.15am asleep 12.30am -2.16am asleep 2.45-6.45am asleep.
    Well I'm off to bed with the hope that she sleeps well tonight being wrapped.

Thumbs up

Great article Janine - thanks!

Had a great day with Liam yesterday - DH went to town and was gone for about 5 hours. I don't tend to cope well on my own ( to those who do it by themselves all day - especially with other kids!) so it was a bit of a test for me. We did brilliantly! Went for a walk, had a friend over for lunch (homemade soup!) and had a perfectly behaved little man who slept & fed excellently - I even had the chance to express while he slept!! I am so proud of myself! (sorry if too much boasting!)

Have been getting much better at reading DS tired & hungry signs. He's now 7 weeks and is grinning & smiling regularly (even when feeding) - hasn't yet rolled, but I don't give him much tummy time so it's probably only from lack of opportunity.

Here's the fabulous news though - we're starting to 'sleep through'! For the last 3 nights he has slept for 5-6 hours from mid evening (9-12 ish) until late morning (2-4 ish). This is absolutely brilliant and I even got 8 hours of sleep last night (broken into three parts) - WOW!

Haven't had much chance to get on here, so I will try to get a bit more regular at posting so I can include personals...

Grubi - Greer & Liam seem like little twins! He's also around 55.5 cms long now and weighs around 4.6 kgs. He was long for his weight at birth too! However, he's still in 0000's (except bonds growsuits - they're small!). He's so lanky that the only thing being tested is the length of some outfits. Reckon it'll be another few weeks before he graduates to 000's!

Happy sleeping tonight to everyone!

MGM. For me the staples weren't actually that gruesome, surprisingly, it was very clean and there aren't any scars from where they were.
    Maybe the healing is more to do with how well the wound is looked after and aired than the way it is done then.
    Hope your attempts to use the settling techniques work as well as mine have and that mine continues to work.

WARNING....POO question!!
    Hi All,
    I'll try and do personals later, but I just wondered..
    Do any of your little ones strain (vocally and physically), and get really upset before a poo?
    Im assuming not to be honest.
    BJ (we are off to the dr yet again about it today), get visibly upset for about 12-24 hours before finally doing a poo (which mind you is the consistancy of runny pureed baby apples, except orange!).
    This happens every 2 days...he WAS actually constipated about 3 weeks ago and was on a laxitive for ir because of the stupid gaviscon, but once we switched over to Zantac they all softened up.
    He takes in about 60ml of water a day (the MCHN suggested that about 10-20 per day should free him up completely, and whilst the consistancy is heaps better, the actual process of getting them out hasn't changed).
    When if finally does do one (he just did after being upset from about 5pm yesterday) its LOUD....I heard it 3 rooms away!
    Hopefully Dr will have a fix, or will refer to a paed....poor little fella

I think I'll have to start Liam on some water as now that he's having formula at least once a day his poos are quite firm. For the first time, I noticed him having a poo during a feed this morning. He wasn't upset or anything, I could just see him concentrating and straining a little.

Question - how to you give the water? In a bottle?

It's been quiet on here for the last few days...

I give it to him in a bottle

Evening all,

Just an update, Wyatt is going great. I think he is out of spurt...(fingers corssed) He's sleeping for 2-3 hrs at a time during the day, granted that is if DS doesn't wake him up. It's school holidays and DD and DS are at each other all the time. She thinks she is in charge of everybody.

Anyway it's give me a break, and I can some stuff done. Nights he's still fine that was never a problem.

Anyway DH and I are going out on a date along wit Wyatt. We have a got a GF coming to look after DD and DS for the evening, and have planned it so the kids should only be up for about an hour and half before they go to bed. So shouldn't be to much drama, but if so I have told DD to call me and will come home.

Clothes Sizing: Wyatt fitted in 00000 suits, for first 2-3 weeks, not bad for an almost 10lb baby. Then up into 0000 and I have only just changed everything over again, into 000 the are hugh on my little huffalump. (got some room to move still in them). He is now 58cm long and 5.8kg. He also hold he head up really really well CHN said for a 6 week old baby, she seemed really impressed. It's cute if you hold hishands he stands up for a few seconds, then floop onto him bum, then up again. He think's he is so clever... Males

Well I have finished doing Iron and putting clothes away. Have done dinner dished and just about to go to bed, after I out more washing in machine to do over nightish. When does the Washing ever END...

Well I hope you are coping and doing well. Everyone getting enough love? What about getting some adult time with friends?

Will chat more 2morro if I get time. I have been read all post just as you all know noe enough time to post.

Cheers
    Sarah

HI all

Just a little update from me. Baxter had his follow up paed appt yesterday, paed is pleased with his progress and doesn't want to see him until he is 4 months old.

Had him weighed earlier in the week and he is now 4.150kg. Smaller than all your babies but has had two good gains in the past fortnight, 215gms and 195gms, so hopefully my little one has turned the corner.

He's in the 10th percentile for his weight, but in the 50th (57cm) for his length whih is pleasing.

Overall, going quite good, he could sleep more during the day but self settles beautifully at night time and sleeps for around 7 hours so I'll take what I an get.

Joining Weight Watchers Online this weekend to get rid of these 6kgs of pesky baby weight.

SG
    xo

grubi - actually all medical procedures seem quite gruesome to me and i can never bear to watch, not even a blood test! did you feel a lot of pulling during your c/s? first time i felt absolutely nothing, but second time was awful - not painful, but felt like my insides were being ripped out (which i suppose they were). Hey with the swaddling, did you wrap Greer the way it said to in the article, with back rounded and feet tucked up? How do you do that? When DD is in the sling that's pretty much how she sleeps, but I don't know how to do it with swaddling.

babywrangler - dd does make all sorts of sounds before pooing, but only for a short time, except after waking up for the morning when it seems to take longer. why don't you ask your mchn about it?

sorry no time for more personals - must get to bed.

Hya girls,
    have been out all day and have only just got home!!!

Russell slept through last night 7:30 - 4 am i was so impressed with my little man. he is still in 0000 day suits and 2 peices and 000 jump suits at 7 weeks.

will do personals in the morning as i just wanted to share my good news re sleep!!!

Night

Hi Mgm,
    Yeah I asked her the other day, she said to give him more water cause he's constipated.
    I went to the Dr today, and while we were there he was grunty and whiney and stuff and she looked at him and said "Thats not right, we'll book you into a paed".
    She sent off a sample (cause I showed it to her and she agreed, it should not cause pain going out), and reduced his dose of Zantac by half.
    Its a public holiday here monday, and if we can't get in early next week I have to call the Dr and she'll get him in as an emergency....

He was good tonight, it was a goodbye for one of my workmates (well, ex workmates) we all went out for dinner, he slept for the first half, then when he woke up he charmed everyone with his smile, talking and laugh (more of a gaspy breathing in thing but I'm pretty sure its him laughing), came home (hysterical in the car) had a bottle of EBM, and went to sleep very quickly....just waiting to see how he goes overnight!

Look at all you ladies up late!!!

My friend lent me the Dunstan baby language CD and It really works... if your baby is crying this isthe thing for you. It breaks the cries down into words that you can really hear. I know all to well the ow word... which means tired... hear that word, put him to bed and .... MAGICAL sleep!

Also borrow one of the baby whispera books, and have had lots of success with the sleeping too. Two recommendations from me!

MGM I didn't do as per the article, I'm hopeless with swaddling, so I used a "snug as a bug" wrap on Greer. With my c-section, yes I felt the tugging and wrenching, totally unaware of what it all was since it was an emergency and I hadn't had anything explained other than you will feel some tuggin and pulling, that's how this works from the anaethestist... I also had cortorisation and could hear the zapping and smell the flesh burning - again didn't really know that was what it was until after it was all over. This was the first time in my life I'd had surgery and hopefully the last.
    Feeling really sad about the fact that my little girl is going to have to have abdominal surgery so young due to her umbilical hernia. They are going to monitor it until her 4 month immunisation and if it hasn't improved refers us to a paediatric surgeon. THe Drs keep asking if I have private hospital cover - great!!

Taurusa I have been keeping an eye out for a second hand copy of Sandra Dunstan's DVD as I thought it might really help me. My little one seems to Lah all the time when the cries are intense and none of the internet interview information tells you what a Lah is.
    BabyWrangler BJ was probably hysterical in the car from being over stimulated with all those new faces etc to take in at the dinner. I know I had some difficulty with Greer after the morning tea I attended where she was passed around to half a dozen or more people and over 30 having a stickybeak.
    It was our wedding anniversary yesterday and DH and I realised just how lucky we are to have the relationship that we have, not perfect but a lot better than some people we know. Would anyone say that they have the perfect relationship with no issues?

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast