Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2008 #3

kirsty_lee Guest

Yeah I know that about the formula, but im just trying to rule it out and if she's not better in a day or so i'll go to the doctor. With regards to the chiro and the back alignment, does that go for babies delivered via cesar as well?

Im lucky, my chiro does the back and neck adjustments, but also does a few other types of assessments as well, one called neurolink which relates to the nervous system (hence him getting rid of my cold sores!), and another one.
    They are why BJ had his tummy and diaphragm moved, but nothing skeletal.
    We are off the the paed tomorrow, then (fingers crossed) we can put BJ back onto breast milk. I hope hope HOPE we can...but will take Dr's advice!

Im lucky, my chiro does the back and neck adjustments, but also does a few other types of assessments as well, one called neurolink which relates to the nervous system (hence him getting rid of my cold sores!), and another one.
    They are why BJ had his tummy and diaphragm moved, but nothing skeletal.
    We are off the the paed tomorrow, then (fingers crossed) we can put BJ back onto breast milk. I hope hope HOPE we can...but will take Dr's advice!

my poor little man had his vaccinations today and is miserable.
    I hate seeing him upset. I've tried to give him panadol, but he's thrown it back up again. I know you are all most likely in bed by now, but does anyone know if I should try to re-dose him if he vomits the first lot up within 5 mins?

Kristy-Lee my chiro said that it is generally more useful for babies born via c-section as they are generally stuck there, and yanked out funny. Luke was born after a labour that did not progress and it turned out that he was stuck firmly in my pelvis. Chiro said that he was surprised after hearing about my labour that he only required one adjustment. Said that usually babies that are stuck have crinked necks...

Leyla sadly I am up too - Luke is having a doozy.... unfortunately I have no idea as to your query - makes sense to me, but the last thing you want to do is overdose him... You could call the 24 hour karitane hotline - I don't know the number, but it would be on their website. Hope Jack is feeling better soon.

For all my talk earlier, I am not doing so well tonight. Luke is unsettled and seems to want to feed constantly. I am starting to wonder if he is getting enough and then I start thinking I will have to stop bf'ing, which makes me depressed. Given his birth was so unsuccesful I have taken some solace in the fact that BF'ing is going well. I feel that if I can't BF as well as being unable to birth him properly that I have failed altogether. I hate feeling like this, but can't seem to stop sometimes.

OMG what a night! Poor little Jack was not happy. I did not end up dosing him again as I was too worried about ODing him. I decided to wait out the 4 hours and give it again if he was still upset. So it was lots of cuddles for Jack and we finally found a position that he was happy in and he finally drifted off to sleep. We also ended up feeding every hour or so (for comfort I am thinking). But he seems to be doing much better today... just has an exhausted mum now!

Shelle - I'm so sorry that Luke had a bad night. At least you know that you are not alone on feeling like a zombie today! Don't give up on the BFing just yet sweetie... I know its really disheartening when they want to feed all the time, but babies just go through phases like that and it usually just means they are snacking or comfort feeding, not that you have not got enough. As long as he is gaining weight and has lots of wet nappies, you are giving him everything he needs at this stage. Jack has been feeding pretty much every hour to 2 hours during the day. It's only at night that he goes for longer. He gained 360 grams last week, so I know he is getting enough despite my worries when he feeds so much. It is a PIA for sure especially when you want to get stuff done or get out and about, but it wont last forever. My MCHN suggested waiting till I had DH at home on a weekend and then trying to stretch him out between feeds (as there would be lots of tears... from Jack too). But to be honest I can't be bothered and I know that Jack will grow out of it.

Hope everyone else has had a good night!

kirsty_lee Guest

GOOD MORNING lovely ladies!!!!! I am in such a great mood today!!! After switching ava's formula from Heinz Nuture Gold to S26 Gold I had the BEST night. She slept from 8pm till 5am this morning!!!!!!! No crying, she even woke up with a great big smile!!! She's been smiling all morning and for the first time is awake and content, whereas normally she's awake and cranky as! And she' pooed!!!! I know formula babies dont usually go as much as breastfed but in my case she's always pooed at least 2 times a day regardless of formula or boobies! Hope we are all well today and our bubbies gave us all a good sleep xx

kirsty_lee, well done - what an amazing stretch of sleep! i'm very, very jealous!

leyla and shellbell, commiserations on your bad nights. it wasn't good here either - dd has an incredibly vicious cold and coughed, spluttered and cried for most of the night. definitely the worst night i've had in years. leyla i've had that same question about medicine before - what do you do if they vomit it up? anyway, i'm glad jack is better today.

must go try wake myself up now.

OMG as i've been writing this dd has fallen asleep in her swing! first nap ever out of someone's arms! bet she wakes up in 5 though...

Shellbell If you can, try to persist with the BFing into the third month, if things don't improve by then, then consider switching. Luke could be going through a growth spurt or fighting off bugs. Greer has days of what seems like constant feeding. If you are really concerned he needs more comp feed Luke, that is give him a top up with formula.
    You have not failed because of having to have a c-section or even if you can't continue to BF. An unplanned c-section can really through a spanner in the works and there seems to be so many of us that had them.Think of it in the positive - you tried to have a natural birth, but for medical reasons the doctors took that away from you - it was not you that failed - but the medical system which is too afraid of being sued.
    You have BF Luke this far and that is longer than some other mothers have chosen to do it without there being a valid reason. My lactation consultant said that you need to do what is best for bubs and mum. Maybe you could try the fenegreek or milo that everyone was suggesting helps your supply in the earlier threads fo April Babies.
    Remember that you are not failing as a mother because you are still worried about you baby, caring for him and consistently working on meeting his needs - that makes you an awesome mum.
    MGM congrats on the non-arm sleep. We are getting a few more too. I managed to work through settling her to sleeplast night without cosleeping , feeding or holding. I did give her my finger to suck until she settled. It felt so good to know I can do it - was thinking I would never be able to. Having DS in tears because I tried to get him to sleep in his bed (with me) instead of in the nursery made me more determined not to make the same sleep associations with DD. I want to go back to bed with DH before another 3 years please.
    Kirsry-lee congrates on a good night

Today i am risking having DS at home when DH is going out tonight - hopefully I don't wear out my tolerance before bedtime. Have to go and spend time with DS now - catch up later.

Morning all,

Just a quick update... I haven't read all post yet... will do it later when DS isn't climbing all over office desk.

It seems Wyatt has settled into a routine on 8-12-4 is roughly when he has feeds then to bed for a rest. DS and DD went to their grannies house and Wyatt slept from 10-2. So I know he will last that long just depending on where his siblings are fighting or not.

He also slept for 7hrs last night 6hrs the night before. Was great woke up in panic 'cos I thought I didnt hear him.

Oh, he is smiling big time now has done for last week and half. But I got my first photo of his big smile today (updated ticker).

I'm doing great emotional. DH and I are talking every day, and having cuddles before we go to sleep. I even got Wyatt first page of scapbooking done yesterday. I still have a few things to add, but it was great to get back into it again. I forgot how much I missed it. But when I have a new born and a terrible 2yr old DS running around/trying to help out its not easy. So when DS goes for nap I'm off to scrap.

Well thats all for me, I hope everyone else doing fine.

Cheers
    Sarah

Sharon: How was you night out with friends at SATC? Did you enjoy your self.

Sarah - yay for life returning to normal! Isn't is lovely when you can do something for yourself?

mgm - your swing sounds like a godsend!

Leyla - sorry to hear about Jack's night, Baxter is having his immunisations next Tuesday so I will prepare myself.

Well Baxter put on 190gms this week, so that is 3 good gains in 3 weeks. He feeds at roughly 7am, 9am, 11am, 2.30pm, 5.30pm, 7.30pm and 9.30pm followed by either a EBM or formula bottle, then sleeps from 10.30pm until 7.00am. He's slept like this for the past 4 nights so I consider myself very lucky. I don't have to wake him to feed anymore like I did in the early weeks. Getting lots of smiles too which just melts our hearts.

SG
    xo

hey everyone!

Kirsty lee: I remember with my 1st she was put onto formula and I think she was having karicare or something to begin with, and she was real cranky screaming and hyper like all the time wouldn't sleep. She was also very windy. When we switched her to S-26 she settled completely, and we have Ryley on S-26 as well he seems to be bringing up his wind and burps easily or by himself and no troubles with him but we are also using anti-colic botles... I guess some reactions can be from formula other reactions like skin reactions even its hard to find the source cause it could be so many things... like 1 ingredient in washing liquid that could be in millions of others, oe in the soap you use or moisturiser, even if you use a normal towel on bub for 1 night thats been washed in ordinary poweder (like we did - woops!) they are so senstitive to everything they can break out so easily and have many reactions to all sorts of things... I am so glad you may of found the solution and were switched on to notice the problem... sounds like the exact problem we had with DD the first time round, we use S-26 gold now with Ryley and have had no dramas what so ever but all babies are different i spose.

MGM- oh my I remember my DD being like that when she was newborn... have u got one of those mechanical swings? we got one for DD cause I was up all night lying on the couch one arm down rocking her so she'd sleep! arent those swings just brilliant!

Shell: I know how you feel sweet, I have been feeling the same from 2 c sectons and now 2 formula fed babies, spent a little of yesterday crying saying "what sort of mother am I" Its probably a very distorted vision of thinking while we feel so depressed as if we have failed, as long as your baby is happy then you should not feel bad about anything you have done, you do what is right for your baby and you will know what is right! I am beginning to see light that I am a good mum regardless of 2 c sections and 2 formula fed babies, Hell I am multi-skilled and can do alot for my kids and I do... so thats the same as you... your a dam good mum too dont doubt yourself, cause Im sure your babies never will! oh and another thing Ive heard "happy mummy = happy baby" and I dont think this phrase could possibly be anymore true!

Sarah: oh thats so nice to hear you and DH are getting along quiet nicely now now you both just have to be persistant in making time for one another - Im sure everything will be fine... Oh.. isnt it just lovely when they smile at you all of the time we got Ryleys smile on camera too for the 1st time! Ill have to update my ticker now also.. one day... meaning when i get the time... which might be a while hehe. scrapbooking sounds like a lovely idea dunno how Id go keeping DD out of it all though and getting the time for that either hehe oh well.. nice to hear you are all well.

shoegal: nice to hear your little boy is thriving.. sounds like we all have heatlhty babies in here doesnt it? so nice to hear! and gotta love every one of thos cheesy toothless grins! melts us here too and everybody else makes us all gooey!

I am good still rottenly sick with the flu turns out Ryley is ok after his big sisters episode yesterday!!! Ryles is still sick and Lily we havnt had the flu this bad in ages! makes it tough to look after eveyone when my head feels like its goin to explode... But taking advantage of the peace right now.. DD has gone down for a nap I thhink Ryles is ready for one too so goin to put him to sleep then Im gonna crash on the couch and hope I get more than 10 mins in this time...

Sarah: I just realised... Ryleys routine is the same of a night.. being feeding 8-12-4 and sleep in between thats not a bad routine at all how are you coping with it? Im finding I am getting enough sleep in between Im pretty used to it now I just get exhausted during the day from my 3.y.o causing a rucus! but thats what 3.y.o's do.

Hi All,
    Ive noticed quite a few of us are managing to get decent sleep at night now.
    Benjamin went from 8:15 til 3:30 last night, and then from 4 til 8 which was great....his best night since being off the Zantac.
    We had our paed appt today, and he appears to be growing out of his reflux (though I think the Chiro trip had alot to do with it), and has just (like half an hour ago!) returned to BFing...Im sooo excited!
    So now I'm laying on the couch having a relax and some water followed by a big glass of aktavite just to kick start everything again.
    Im so excited....we are basically starting again which is kind of sad that the middle 5 weeks have been a bit yucky, but thats ok, we're on track now.
    Benjamin has been smiling since 3 weeks, but is constantly smiling now, the paed was fascinated by how much he "talks" (he's been doing that for about 4 weeks now)
    Oh and on top of going back to BFing...he's put on over 300g in the past 10 days and has FINALLY hit just over 5kg!!!!

BW, I am a neurolink practitioner! I rarely hear it spoken of so I had to pipe in and tell you.

Leyla you poor thing - sounds as though Jack took it hard. Luke has his next week and I am not looking forward to it!

mgm I hope your little one is doing better. It must be so hard to see them sick and upset.

Grubi Thanks for your advice. I really don't want to give up BF'ing. I have been enjoying spending the time with Luke and he has been doing really well with it. I have gotten some fenugeek (sp??) and will see how that goes. I have also defrosted some EBM to tryto top him up on tonight so will try that too.

Sarah What a lovely photo!! Wyatt looks so cute! Must get a ticker and a picture of my boy up here!

Danielle Thanks for your kind thoughts - I can understand better now why you you felt the way you did about your second c-section - more big hugs your way . I think it has all been compounded by my Ob telling me that "unless I have a signficiantly smaller baby next time a VBAC isn't possible".

BW yay for returning to BFing. I have only been able to follow your travels briefly but even from that I know how much you have been going through. fingers crossed that everything keeps going well.

Well, after a crappy night Luke has been pretty good today. We went to mother's group and instead of rushing around afterwards and feeding Luke when we got home and he was long overdue I fed him in the carpark and then did some more shopping. I then fed him again when we got home and he is in his bed now having a nap. I think that part of hsi unsettledness (if that is a word!) if because he is more aware of his surroundings and less interested in sleeping. Will see how he goes tonight.

Fire: Neurolink has been my saving grace on many an occasion.
    If I wasn't married to my DH, I'd marry my chiro! (Mind you, his gorgeous wife might have something to say about that!!).
    I'm gonna pop in and do some personals in the next day or so, I've just been trying to catch up on everything around the house first (on top of the outings we've had to do!).
    BJ has been asleep since about 2:30 after his BF at about 2pm so thats good! He'll be up soon for a feed.
    I think what I'll do is leave the even feed as a bottle (but EBM) so that DH can have some time with BJ, I get all the cuddles etc through BFing and he misses out, especially since BJ is up for such short periods of time!

We may be getting a new car on the weekend....we bought a forester 2 years ago thinking it would be a great family car....well, we put BJ's seat into it and the front passenger seat is all the way forward! If we were to have another one, we can't put them behind the driver as we need the seat back to drive!
    DH is going shopping this weekend and may well come back in a totally different car, a nice roomy holden Adventra (like a commodore wagon, but bigger than a station wagon).
    Im sorry about the lack of personals, I'm hoping to get to them!!!

shell: Just wondering if you have read that link that was put in one of these forums for babies and their sleep and unsettled-ness, I think Fire put the link in here dont quote me on that though but it was a brilliant article and explained alot to me about why babies sometimes just cry for nothing, might be worth chasing up and reading? It was about how they can become over-stimulated, and they cry cause they cannot yet "self settle" themselves by looking away yet. I found it very very interesting. Probably where we went wrong with our 1st...

BW: new car? sounds exciting! We are getting another car too, we already have a prado though plenty a room for me and the kids... but we are finding it hard with the one car, with dad working and me needing to get out and about - especially doctors visits with the kids, so we're getting a wee little cheap to run runabout mazda2, lucky I have the wagon cause those things are so weeny! hehe.
    those adventura's look really nice Ive never seen the inside of one though..

home life has settled down heaps here, Ive noticed a few girls arent in as much as they used to be probably m uch like me tied up with kids and the extra kid ie:the husband! and home life.

QUESTION: Has everyone had their first periods again yet? sorry to ask... just wondering Im still waiting on mine... I thought because I only bled for around 3-4 weeks that I would have it by now Im not sure... sorry for the TMI just want to know if its normal or not. I am waiting to get it so I can start my contraceptive again - although our life in that area is a bit boring at the moment! but it happens...

thanks!

Danielle: not coping too bad. Its enough sleep, i could do 2hr feeds and it didn't bother me, unless it was every hour, them i'm crabby.

Me just seem to be buggered by about now, and about to head off to bed.

will do other post in moring Wyatt in arms he's taken a little while longer to put down 2 night.

cheers

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast