Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2008

Welcome Mgm! For supply, I found Fenugreek tablets to work really well, didn't need to take them for long before supply started to boost! Also Milo was good for us too. Not sure why, perhaps the protein in it, but it just was. I've heard Activite is good too.

Have you got a sling or a pouch of some sort? That could help free up your hands if bub likes to be carried all the time perhaps.

Hi Mgm.
    Seems like we're all in the same boat - re: always on the boob!
    My community nurse thinks that M is going through his first growth spurt. The last couple of days have been hard work - he has not gotten off all day. Feeds just blend into each other.
    I have a lactation consultant coming over on Wednesday. I'm so confused about weather or not I'm feeding correctly. M never gives me any indication that he's full. He'll feed and feed and feed, drop off all sleepy and then when I move him, he'll latch on for more.
    During the day he feeds and feeds with no sleeping! Fingers crossed it'll only last for a few days. I'd love to try and get some sort of a routine started - at the moment I'm just taking each hour as it comes!
    Does anyone else have a routine established yet? (however vague it may be at this early stage). I'm stopping reading everything that's telling my 'awake for an hour, sleep for 2-3hrs and repeat' - we're no where close to that during the day!

Hey Nat- no sleep routine here. While MJ wont want to be attached all day she wants to be in my arms!! i have just brought a meh tai of ABA site cause thats the position she likes to be in atm. The sling doesnt work the best as a newborn specially as i need to be doing stuff and the meh tai is more versitile for that as it sits higher. Have you thought about getting one of those??

Nelle- i use fenugreek all the time even though my supply is good, my midwife told me that its great when bubbies have snuffie noses (like mine atm) and i drink activate once a day.

Janine- dont know how you are able to have bubs on the boob all day!! there is no way i can do it with having my older two. How is the c/section scar healing??

KL- how are you healing??

Mgm- how is the name picking going???

Umm gosh i am still trying to remember who is here. Sorry if i have forgotten you but most of the posts are over the other page.
    So hi to Steph, and Shoe, leyla, Nettie, Meg

Well last night was ok, didnt get the 6 hrs that i got the night before but she does ok. We are co sleeping still and I have brought a safe and secure sleeper to put in my bed as SH is very paranoid. Am getting alot of lectures from my mum about doing it but i just see it as I can put her in the cot and get up every 30-60min or have her next to me and feed every 3-4hrs. I need my sleep.

Hi everyone!

I'm finally here. Got home yesterday after a month in Perth, 2 weeks before Baxter arrived and since he was 5 days late and my sister surprised me with a visit from London to specially see her new nephew, we are now home.

Baxter is feeding really well, although I am on Motillium for my supply and drinking Activite.

We kind of have a routine, he feeds every 3 - 4 hours during the day (I wake him) then he demand feeds at night. I have absolutely no idea if this is right but it seems to work for us, for now.

Ended up getting induced due to high BP and low fetal movement, first contraction was at 9.00am, fully dilated and ready to push 2 hours and 15 minutes later! I had plans for a natural, drug free birth but it just didn't happen that way. I had an epidural due to having absolutely no time to recover from contractions, they were just on top of each other. OB let me rest for almost an hour, then about 45 mins of pushing and he arrived at 1.02pm. My OB was with me for the entire pushing stage and he and my MW were just fantastic, yes it hurt like hell, but I would say I had a great birthing experience. The epi was very light so I was able to get on my hands and knees to push and even walked off the delivery table.

Sorry for no personals, house is a mess and my darling is due for a feed.

PS - I had NO idea how overwhelming this love would be, I should have started sooner!

SG
    xo

Shoegal, he's gorgeous! What a quick labour - well done for getting through that.

I'm no expert, but what you're doing feeding-wise sounds perfect. When I was pregnant with DS my GP gave me some great advice: 'people will tell you all kinds of things about what you should do - ignore them, and do whatever instinctively feels right'. Whatever works for you - and so long as baby is happy and gains weight - is right.

Nelle I do have a couple of slings but DS is so tiny it seems to early to use them. Think I'll give it a go next week.

Beatrix, no name yet - it's driving my mum crazy. I told her we have 60 days to decide; she wasn't too impressed! Let us know how your mei tai goes. As for co-sleeping I only just moved DS out of my room (he's nearly 4) so you can imagine the years of comments I've endured! Whatever you do, there's always someone who'll criticise it...

Natalie that constant feeding apparently helps to establish milk supply. Have you noticed yours increasing yet? Mine's just started to, today. Woke up with a very big wet patch on my top, too.

Hi everyone else! Gotta run and do a few things before DD wakes up (yes, she is miraculously sleeping on my bed right now).

Hi guys

Well i had my first outing with all 3 girls today and it went so well. i breast feed in public again too!! with my cover i made but i still did it.

i have also typed up my birth story so here you go Millanas birth story

ok they are all asleep so i might nap too sorry for no personals

Butterfly_Princess Guest

Hey every one!!
    Ims till getting used to all the feeds and nappy changes (and my gosh there are plenty!!) I had wonderful sleep last night which was great, im hoping most nights i have sleep like that!! Although i dont have my hopes up too high. And i did introduce the dummy to DD last night too, so thats probably why the great sleep.
    Im finally over my baby blues..and i can smile and actually enjoy the moment..its a good feeling. It helps having a wonderfully supportive partner
    I dont find putting DD down to sleep is all that hard, once she has her eyes closed and is asleep ill put her down, and she is off to sleep. We are thinking of putting her in her cot tonight..see how that goes.

Well i think ill get going, for now, hope your all hoping well

Hello everyone, just popping in to see how things are going, sorry no personals. I can already hear Leila grizzling and I put her down ten minutes ago...

I'm having massive mood swings, one minute I'll be beside myself in tears and the next I'm perfectly fine. Sometimes I have a reason for crying (being covered in sticky milk and exhausted) but mostly I don't have any reason at all or even feel particularly sad.. Generally I'm fine though, and DH is so good to me so hoping it passes soon. Hormonal or something.

Leila has something of a schedule, part of which is staying attached to my breast for 4-8 hours straight almost every day, with several fake out naps to keep her going and to stretch me to the breaking point.. Then sleep for three or so hours, wake for two, sleep for three. Its that long one that kills me every time. I keep telling myself that this can't last forever and it will all settle down "soon". Maybe in a few weeks? And she's getting something that looks like acne all over her neck, dr says its fine but it looks awful.

My god the house is a mess. The ILs are coming to visit on wednesday and I'm sure MIL will spend the entire day cleaning.

Steph- MJ has pimples all over her neck, face and even her ears!!!
    The mood swings are very normal and come from sleep deprevation. And also sometimes the hormones that are in your body to produce your milk can send you out of whack sometimes too.

Well i can hear Mj starting to fuss, soon time for a feed and then im off to bed.

You know, two weeks and a day ago I was philosophically opposed to dummies, but now I think its a wonderful invention. Like socially acceptable duct tape.. Oh well, philosophies can wait, I need to sleep.

Let your MIL clean Steph, don't worry about it at all mate. We're finding a dummy great here too at times, they have their uses! I worried about Riv needing to be weaned off a dummy but one day he found his thumb and the dummy was history! I'm hoping it'll be a similar story with Si.
    As for the pimples, Si's are just starting to clear up a little, the MCHN said something about it having to do with my changing hormones, which would make sense since I've got some pimples too! They seem to clear a bit after he's had a wash too.
    And you're right, it's very important that you sleep. Do what you need to do to survive these early days.

Well. SILLY me had a salad with cabbage in it yesterday. The main food you should avoid with a windy baby. Poor Silas. And poor me. :P Ah well, live and learn.

Butterfly_Princess Guest

Howdy,
    Isabell has been really good at nights lately, she has given me a good 5 hour sleep from about 10 till about 3 give or take..its been good, really keeps me calm and collected and i feel its all the sleep i need (although i do start getting a bit tired and headachey towards the end of the day)
    Ive gotten used to her cries too now, although she hardly cries. She doesnt cry for a feed, she will just stirr for a while, and if i dont respond she will cry til i pick her up. She will cry for nappy changes though.
    She hasnt got pimples, but her skin on her hands and feet and tummy are peeling, i asked the MCHN about it and she said its normal and if they start to go red or look painful then to be worried. And her belly button is bleeding, im not sure if its bleeding coz it just is, or if its from the nappy rubbing on it..and i know it probably shouldnt be bleeding, but the MCHN said as long as its not pussy or looks infected then its okay..I do worry about it though.

It's just healing Meg, Si's used to bleed a bit, I guess just where parts of scab would fall off cos of nappy, but it's fine now. Just keep an eye on it, like your MCHN said any infection or heaps of blood could mean trouble, but a little bit of blood while it heals is okay I think.

Yay on the great sleeping too, it's nice to get a good stretch of sleep isn't it!

How are people going with their body image? Not fussed yet? I was SO sick of my maternity jeans that I lived in much of the pregnancy, especially the end, plus they were looking rubbish once I started to lose my baby weight, so I've found one pre-preg pair I can squeeze into - victory!
    And I went to Kmart and found some tops I like that button down a bit at the front for feeding.
    I think I've done this baby-having thing all wrong though - the boys are 6 months apart, so Riv's 000 stuff is summer, Si's will need to be winter. My b/fing tops from Riv are summer, and I'm needing WARM clothes I can b/f in for winter! Bad planning Nelle! At least I'm set for the next baby - lol, unless it's a girl!

Hi all

We had a home visit today from the MCHN, Baxter at 13 days old is still 80gms off his birth weight.

I was very upset by this since he feeds 6- 8 times a day for at least 30 mins, has plenty of wet nappies and a dirty one each day.

I'm just wondering if the MCHN scales were different to the hospital scales, ie calibration wise.

I was going to cut back on the Motillium (Leyla - I think you asked, yes, my OB did prescribe it, it's actually an anti-nausea drug) but will increase it to 3 a day since it may be my supply. Was going to express too after each day feed but I left my bloody pump in Perth and won't be able to get it until Saturday.

For only 2 weeks old he seems a contented baby, and even slept from midnight til 6.00am last night.

I don't know, how is everyone elses babies going with their weight gain? Feeling rather hopeless with this right now.

Nelle - feeling pretty good about my body, just have a pouch of fat at the front. I'm about 6kgs off my pre preg weight so think I will do Weight Watchers once Baxter hits 6 weeks old and my supply issues are sorted.

Meg - Baxter's skin is peeling too, apparently since he was overdue? We bath him in water with a drop of EVOO and massage in sorbolene and that seems to make it bit better.

Steph - in hospital I said "no child of mine will ever have a dummy!", how ideas change!! Best invention, ever.

Mgm - how is the name game going?

Nessa - yay for taking 3 girls out, I admire you!

SG
    xo

Butterfly_Princess Guest

Nelle Ive been doing pretty well with my body image. I was lucky enough to only put on 10 kilo's when preg, and still fit in all my pre preg clothes all throughout my pregnancy too. Im not sure how much ive lost since having bub, but people seem to like making the statement that they dont believe ive had a baby in my belly. I feel pretty good, i just wish these damn pimples would go away!

I hear you on the pimples. Stinkers. I've got the pouch too, wear the right top and you wouldn't know (the actual skin looks a bit like a deflated balloon :P but with a top over it, I'm okay).

Shoe, if Bax (sorry I nickname everyone, speak now or forever hold your peace if you hate that) is wetting nappies I wouldn't stress too much - he might just have good metabolism.

Oh great, Rans is 'experimenting' with Silas again, trying to see if he stands by himself. Anyone else's partner think the new baby is a toy? Honestly...*Nelle goes to save her baby...again*

Hey all

We have pimples here too.

Well yest i went out with just MJ and i to do the big grocery shop. put little miss in the ring sling. nice and tight next to mums heart and she slept the whole time. Loved it. funny thing though, people had no idea there was a baby in my sling. thought i was some weird hand bag. Then they told me how uncomortable it look. HMM dont they realise how small the womb is and babies love to be snug next to mum!!

Well we are getting smiles now!!!!

oh crap Annika is screaming!! bbs

Nelle - my sister calls him Baxy, but Bax is fine. Thanks for the reassurance.

SG
    xo

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast