Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 2005 #11

OMG Janene thats terrible...what a shocker of a day and with poor Hannah as well.

Jo

Hi Ladies!!!!

Home at last.....ahhhhhh.....well home for another few days at least - down at Byron from Wednesday to Monday (BIL and SIL are visiting there) and then we are back to pack and move into our new house on the 7th! Woweee buseeeeeeeeey

Janene - What a shocking day you had, and with a bub too! I would have been in tears long before the end of your terrible day. My sisters flight was delayed from Melbourne on Friday night and she didn't get into Hobart until 1am! Hope you get to see your man soon.

Jo - Sounds like the funeral went as well as can be expected. Glad you are having some nice family time.

Tracey - Hope you got all your work done!

Cass - Grrrrrrrrrrr at your cat. What an attention seeker!

Storm - Hope your cold has taken a hike.

Bec - How did your DH cope with Josh for the day? Does he have a new respect for SAHM's?

Kel and Alex - Are those teeth here yet???

Fletch - How is Zane?

Not much else to report. Munchkin is having a sleep, I need one too, been up since 3.30am!

Yaay Soph..glad to see you back..rest up wont you....going away again!!!!!

Jo

Janene I am so sorry about your horrible experiance...I can only imagine how disappointed you were as you had expected the day to end with your family together!. I would write to the airline and explain the story and give flight numbers and request replacement flights ....I guess you can only try.,....really sucks!.

Soph I know you only move recently ...but gosh do you remember what you are in for with your packing!!! DH and I are LIVING it ...the house looks like a maze of boxes and furniture is all over the place. I am excited ...but I also know that hopefully all going well we will be moving again in 6months when we buy a house out there ...oh my goodness!. And KAitlyn has a masking tape phobia so I had to take her for a walk this afternoon so DH could tape all the boxes up hehehe.

Well we had a very hard night last night....Kaitlyn was up from 12pm to 230am poor baby ...and it has just taken me 2hours , a dose of panadol and bonjella and a lot of cuddles to get her to sleep tonight. Before bed last night I could see her two eye teeth cutting and this morning her left middle top tooth and I bet tomorrow its little pair will have popped up!. Whoever said all teeth causes is teeth needs to come and spend a night here hehehehe.

Other then that we have spent the whole weekend packing ...although went shopping for Kaitlyn as I wanted to get her some new clothes for daycare hehe. Spent way to much!. But I got her some GORGEOUS Esprit outfits for summer! ..great deals as they are summer stock though...one was only $10.00!

I also have to go shopping for me...I feel so out of touch with the work fashion as I have lived in my jeans and casual clothes for 12months now!!!!!!!!!!!!!....So I thought I would go to work and rather then do one big clothes shop I will buy bits and pieces here and there. I have all the basics and my suits ect ..just need some up to date stuff...ohhhh feeling so daggy!

Well better run and get to bed early in case the poor miss needs some more cuddles in the night!.

Hope all you other girls and bubs are enjoying your weekend.

Cass

Janene - what a horrible day, hope you get to see your partner soon.

Cass - hope the packing is going well

Soph - have a great time in Byron

more personals later

Its been so long since I posted, but I have been lurking a little. DH was working in Brisbane last week and has 2 weeks to go, Dad was with me last week and I have mum this week, (its funny my parents are married but are happier visiting separatly due to the limited space in the unit, much easier coping with them separatly as well), so they have helped a lot. Maria is going through a phase of wanting to be very close/held by someone all the time, very exhausting. Plus she has a few teeth trying to appear. Mum seems to think that she might be a little intolent to something she is eating, probably dairy, thus we are taking it out of her diet for a few days to see what happens.

Hi Louise - glad you are getting some help. Hope Maria is ok with the intolerance?

Hi Jo - Yeap my BIL and SIL are drs and have rented a nice beachhouse for the week at Byron, so will be nice to see them and spend a couple of days away. How is the horse going?

Cass - IKWYM re packing, eeeergh I hate it! Fortunately a lot of stuff is still boxed up and DH is on hols next week so we can pack the other stuff together. And for the first time ever we have hired removalists, yay! Hope Kaitlyn starts sleeping better for you, glad the teeth are finally making an appearance!

Lucie went psycho last night for about 45 mins, screaming and nothing would stop it. So I gave her some panadol and DH bathed her which seemed to do the trick. These teeth are still sitting there, white lines just teasing at the gum line. And then she woke really early this morning but I soon discovered it was cos she was drenched, nappy had come off!

Oh well lots of washing and cleaning to do. What a joy!

Awww Soph poor little Lucie....must be an awful feeling getting wet! Sammy had that happen yesterday..only it was cos we used a cheapie nappy so at 4am he was completely soaked poor little man! Hope Lucie's teeth pop through soon. Sammys seem to have been there forever but they arent causing him too much grief so no doubt will appear one day!

Louise that must be so great to have your parents come and stay and help out. Hope that you find out whatever is upsetting Maria. Hope shes not intolerant to something ...I can imagine that will be a pain.

Cass the clothes sound gorgeous! I lurrrve shopping and when they grow so quickly we have ready made excuses in spoiling our bubbas! Hope all the packing doesnt drive you too mad!

Sammy has started walking around pushing his little pusher..he thinks its just great. Hes getting more and more daring going from one piece of furniture to the next..funny boy. OH...and we have given him a play computer keyboard now so he can stop trying to get mummy's!!!

Jo

Jo - Great idea re the keyboard! Sammy must be so cute walking around.

Where is everyone????

When I was at home my sister and I sorted through all our old baby stuff that mum kept. She only kept the really good stuff, some a Mothercare brand (UK) and Absorba (France) that is really good quality stuff that mum got O/S. Anyway Lucie now has a heap of retro 70s baby clothes! They really are quite groovey, can't wait to dress her in them and I know she'll be the only bub wearing them!

hahahah Soph ...love the retro clothes! Kaitlyn went out on Sunday in these new funky bold multicolour stripped cordoroy (SP) pants ..with a electric pink and purple top and a white FLUFFY woollen sleeveless vest thing ...hard to explain but she looked like she was off to Studio 54 hehehe...gotta love the retro stuff!.

Jo I cant believe Sammys is moving around ..what a clever little bubba! . Kaitlyn has now mastered the getting into a sitting position from her belly and has really started to pull herself up on to things...mostly mummy of course as I am the most stable object in the house at the moment!.

Well miss miss was not to bad last night ...after she finally went down she grumbled on and off but I did not have to attend to her until 430am so I was happy with that. She is skipping her lunchtime bottle and I am not noticing that she is missing it ....but she GULPING down the water to replace the liquid she is missing out on. Soph is Lucies Drs appt tomorrow?. Looking forward to hearing what he says about them skipping a bottle at this age.

Well better run ...make myself another cup of peppermint tea and try and make this house at least look tidy...boxes EVERYWHERE!. DH and I are getting nervous about leaving our "home".....this time next week we will have a big backyard ( with spiders arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hehe) oh reminds me ...got to put a mail forward on so we still get our mail!!!

Hi to all the other ladies!

Cass

Oh Cass Kaitlyn sounds so cute in her outfit! Yeap paed is 8.40am tomorrow so will let you know what he says. Lucie is now drinking milk but not taking solids though - typical!!!!!! Think that might be partly due to these wretched teeth though.

Soph, Zac is doing the exact same thing, no solids just milk! Crazy, if it's not one it's the other!! The only thing he has had today food wise, was a milk arrowroot biccie.

Oh great! Have to go, man I have had no luck chatting to you guys lately

Indah is still having 2 EBM bottles & about 2-3 booby feeds.....
    But she is having brekky which is weet bix or porridge with mashed fruit added, then lunch is sandwiches or left over veggies from night before, finger food stuf & then dinner is veggies & or meats just chucked onto her tray & she sucks & chews on it!!!
    But she has bickies & cheese etc in between as well some days!

OOOPs, gotta go my phone's ringing for the zillionth time today!

Busy busy peoples

Soph and Storm hope your little people start eating more for you. Sammy had a few days like that last week where he really just went right off his food. He still much prefers feeding himself more than anything now!

Soph hope the paed appt goes well. Yaay on all the retro clothes too...too cute!

Cass Kaitlyn sounds gorgeous in her little outfit! Yaay for the countdown til you have a backyard!

Jo

Hi girls ! ,

I will send some eating vibes to the bubs that need it. Kaitlyn is back on her food now which is good ..even though her four teeth are popping up!. Her usual day starts with 200mls of milk , then an hour or so later she had 1 and 1/2 weetbix with 2cubes of fruit and 60mls of formula. Then she usually has some fruit for morning tea or biccies or Saos..then lunch is usually a big bowl of veges or leftovers , or baked beans and cheese and some toast to munch on , then afternoon tea yoghurt and finally dinner and bedtime bottle...man seems like a lot hey!. But she is not fussed if she gets her lunchtime bottle now ...my baby is growing up!.

Well Kaitlyn is getting really close to being officially on the move now. She gets on all fours and moves a little forward , falls on her tummy and pulls herself back up into sitting position . A few of these moves and she can work her way across the room..smart cookie. Today in 2mins she got over to my coffee table and found my diary which she started to pull apart ..hehe. I was so proud that she got over there I didnt even mind!.

Cass

Lol thats so cute Fletchie..pmsl.....Sammy still has not found his willy lol....im sure when he finds it it will be his best friend though!

Go Kaitlyn ...she sounds so close to moving around...maybe shes just holding out til you are all settled in your new place..which really is a blessing. Nothing is safe once they are on the move lol!

Jo

Jo

I loooooove your new piccie Fletch..what a cutie!!!

Poor tired twin insomniacs..hope you get some sleep after the game!

Jo

Howdy fellow insomniacs!

Hope everyone and the beautiful babes are well.

Thankfully, for a WHOLE week and a bit we have managed to stay away from Doctors and the hospital!! YAY!!

Still no teeth - plenty more signs that they are imminent but to no avail!! Gums are bulging at the seams both top and bottom! I reckon she is willing the "not" to come lol!! Zahzee has learnt to sit up from being on her tummy and thinks she is soooooo clever! She is also pulling up onto furniture now so our life, as we know it, is about to change!!!

Woo hooo to Sammy!! What a clever little boy!! Hey Jo, did you see about the poor little 8 year old girl found murdered in the toilets of the Livingston shops in Canningvale. So shocking and the second child murder in a week (the other in Collie). What's going on! It is terrible and making us feel so lucky to have the kids around us.

Fletch - you gotta love those blokes who "have to sleep properly as they have to go to work". Makes me soooooooo mad some days!

Brooke - poor ole Charli! Hopefully she will only do little knocks like that and Dad will "zip" her up less painfully from now on!! Hope the teeth come through soon!

Storm - hope you and Zac are well and hope you are feeling good preggo wise! Bet you are feeling rather tired you poor thing!

Cass - Zahra is on/off her food too, mind you, she is a garbage guts! She eats heaps of food and has refined taste! She will no longer eat shop bought biscuits - mum's are the best she reckons and I believe half her problem with "baby" food is that she believes she is a big kid and NOT a baby!!

Soph - can sooooo sympathise about Lucie's teeth. Cool clothing! Sounds like a blast to have your "own" clothes for your baby! How's your pregnancy going??

Tracey - Indah sounds a lot like Zahra in the eating stakes. She will give almost anything a try if it doesn't look like "baby" food lol!

Louise - being a mum that has stopped dairy for one child, I wish you luck! Does she eat a lot of dairy?? Maybe wheat may be another thing you could eliminate. What symptoms is she showing?? I took Liam off dairy and it was hard work! It's in a huge amount of things that you buy but if you have the dedication (like I did), you will get there!!

I don't feed my kids anything with preservatives, colours or artificial flavours so a big revolution happened here in my house a few months ago! I am proud of the diet achievements!! You would be amazed at the amount of foods with nasty stuff in them! My kids are certainly not missing out on anything though - although they will tell you that they looooooove maccas! SO not having that anymore - did you see the 9 year old cheeseburger on Today Tonight? Looked like a freshy (full of preservatives!).......something to ponder next time someone purchases a maccas burger!! I am trying to help decrease the amount of sickness my kids were suffering with tonsillitis, ear infections, asthma and colds etc etc. Dunno if it is working but the kids are healthier internally at least! Come to think of it, Cairenn has only had one bout of tonsillitis and one ear infection so far this year compared to eleven last year so maybe it is working??

Well, must be off. Sorry if I have missed your post - got kids bugging me (nothing different to usual lol!)

I hope that you all have a wonderful day!

Wtg Zahzeee...yaaay...clever chickie! Kel I was woken up to that on the radio this morning at 7..bloody awful isnt it. The girls are so upset...I think they get now why I say no going in alone!!!!

Sammy is the same as Zahzee...no baby food..big boy food and let me do it myself too!!! Funny little bubs!

Hope you have a nice day today and 11 months...wow Zahra!!!

Jo

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast