Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 2005 #11

I saw it on the news last night - just before going to bed (during Desperate Housewives).

Made me so sad and upset - we are thinking of building just near those shops if/when we move to Perth.

I feel just as depressed about that poor girl in Collie.

sigh......what is the world coming to??

On a lighter note, just walked 7km! Feeling good too!! Must be the new shoes I got on the weekend!!

Seeya gen!

7ks???Gulp..lol

Jo

A quick one from me.... Indah was up all night crying & vomiting (I feel like crud today) but had to attend a meeting from 8:30 til 12:30.... I am knackered now & will try to head home soon & as my sis said she's been crying & clingy all day think I might take her to Dr's!!!!

I hate when they are ill & cant tell you what's really wrong....
    I feel so bad & helpless!!!!!

Oh wow so much to catch up on and I have so much to do!

I just heard that 8 year old girl was found in the toilets by her 14 year old brother and she was naked and a 29 year old male has been charged with rape and murder. I was so sad and upset when I heard that I nearly had to stop driving. What an animal, it makes my blood boil. That poor girl. Ok sorry, just had to get that out.

Tracey - hope Indah gets better soon and it's not the dreaded gastro bug.

Jo - Ah Sammy is such a cutey and a clever boy!

Fletch - That's a lot of willy playing, must be so funny having a boy!!!!

Cass - Kaitlyn is a food machine!!! Will post in a sec re what the paed said.

Kel - Hope those toothie pegs come through soon.

Brooke - Hoping this is your month and you will have to delay the nasty dental work too! Lucie is still taking steps by herself. Not full on running around the lounge yet though!

Storm - Yeap it's either solids or milk I agree. ggggrrrrrrrrr.

Paed visit was good. The guy is a total legend! He said yeap I can totally stop the bottles - she obviously is not a bottle baby. I said I was concerned re calcium. He said 400ml of milk is all they need in a day and a square of milk is the same calcium as about 250ml of milk! So Cass dropping a bottle sounds fine to me, particulalry given what the munchkin eats anyway! Lucie is now 8.35kg, gain of only 350g this month but still on all her charts. Ok have to run. Grumpy poohey baby and I have to make her some spag bog.....

Awww Trace..hope little Indah is feeling better very soon. It is really so awful when bubs are sick...i sympathesise completely.

Soph that sounds great. Must be a huge relief for you. Hope she enjoyed her spag bog!

Jo

Hi girls!

Firstly I have to tell you I cried when I heard about that 8yr old girl. It makes me so sick when I hear things like that .....her poor brother will be so badly affected by it .... human beings are the most horrible/mean creatures on this planet....ok gotta stop thinking about it as these things really affect me.

Soph I am so glad that you can stop on the milk...YAYAYAY. I will drop that bottle now !!! unless she wants it of course.

Tracey I hope Indah is feeling better.

Kelli KAitlyn has also just learnt to sit up from her tummy ....arnt they so cute when they get proud of themselves! My little miss decided to sit in her cot and play today instead of sleeping and all I could do was laugh and play with her as I was so proud of her sitting up!. Yay on the good food and 7Km walk ...I am a HUGE fan of walking and try and do at least 3kms a day....usually I do except on sat and sunday.

Brooke I hope those toofies hurry up ...and I hope your toofies are ok to ! Sorry to hear about the break from TTC :-(

Ok ...well that has taken me two hours in between settling the poor little miss. Those toofies are horrible things.

Well we are almost on the move ....she moved forward slowly today ...more of a shuffle on her hands and knees ...SOOOOOO cute!. I give it a couple of days before she is in full swing. Mind you she managed to get to the phone and the cat food bowl today and they are a good distance from where she plays!.

well better run as I need to attempt to make this house look a little tidy ...I am having a neighbour and her girls over for coffee tomorrow which Kaitlyn will LOVE!

Hope you are all having a nice night.

Cass

Cass - What a clever little miss! You will really need to be on your toes now.

Jo - She was keener on the meatballs I made her - I grated some carrot really finely and she didn't know it was in there hehehehhehe. She ate about 4 which is good.

Well we didn't give Lucie her night time bottle last night. She slept terribly until about midnight and then soundly until I gave her a bottle at 5.30am. She only had 170ml, didn't seem overly hungry. We will see what happens today. I think I'll miss the 10am bottle, but maybe still give the night one? Dunno, will see what happens.

Have a good day all. Off to the GP, I'm 29 weeks today :eek:

OMG @ 29wks already! This preg of yours is flying by!!!!

Fletch, I bet Zane is glad he has his own toy to play with!!! hee hee, sounds so cute....

~Jo~, how is Sammy going? I see you've changed yopur name with a cute squiggle!

Cass, it's hard to not laugh & encourage the things you dont want them doing, especially when they do it for the first time! hee hee

Brooke, I hope them toofies are coming through without too much fuss & I hope your toofies can stay put whilst you grow your next bubba!!!!

Kelli, Good to hear your brood are all OK.

Storm, How's Zaccie?

Louise, how's it all going with the changing of foods etc????

Bec, how is Josh?

OK, Indah was sper grizzly all day yesterday & as soon as she got dropped off I hugged her & she pulled at my top & so I let her snack feed & instead of giving her veggies or snything else for dinner I mashed a banana & added some porridge & kind of gave her brekky again (I know she loves it) she ate a big bowl so i knew she'd have a full tummy if she needed to crash early or head off to DR's... We all had our dinner really early, maddy felt sick so she went & laid in our bed wtaching TV, Indah seemed happy enough, so we popped her to bed at 7pm & she slept til 5:30am... DH brought her in so I could feed her & she is as full of snotty & coughing & snuffly as a boogie man!? So I fed her & she fell asleep so I popped her back to bed & she is still (just called DH) asleep.

Luckily Dh's work agreed he could stay home with his kids today (they are rallying in the city) So he is home with both girls, Maddy is still asleep & so is Indah...

So hopefully some days of rest will see her right again, poor baby!!!

As for the young girl that was raped & murdered!!! I watched it on the news last night & from an angle she looked similar to our Maddy & I freaked out!
    Dh & I went on & on about how you never leave anyones side that your at the shops with etc etc....
    But I heard on the news th guy was 21 worked part time at the shopping Centre, he had sexual assault/abuse charges against him in 2003, but was released as there wasnt enough evidence!
    I tell you that Judge oughta be shot, how devastating for the family to know he was charged one & charges dropped due to lack of evidence, but had the legal system been tougher & done the right thing & stuff all those bloody technicalities etc.... The guy would have been locked up where he belongs & that little Sofia would be alive & unscathed!
    It sickens me to the core & that Judge should be held accountable!!!

I have pure hatred for anyone able to do anything like that!

Ok, I am going to do some work & calm down now!!!.....

Brooke - Must have been tough working with that all the time, and I think especially now you are a mum, it's a good idea maybe to focus on some other field of law, it would be really tough as you say. Unfortunatley there are loopholes in the legal system and nothing is ever fool proof to keep these animals locked up where they should be.

Tracey - Hope your girls feel better soon. A good sleep should help.

Forgot to say before that one of Lucie's top front teeth has FINALLY cut through, now it just has to make the long journey south. I was hoping she would be hungrier for solids this am, but no such luck. Fingers crossed for lunch time when I miss the 10am bottle. Will give it a few days in any case to see if her solids pick up, if not I am going to revert to my old 'system'.

Brooke,
    I am thinking the same with Indah... She loves Booby & bottles!!!

Soph, Maddy refuised her bottle point blank at all none at all the day she was 10 months... She then went on to formula til the last of the tin was finished & then cows milk in her Mag Mag cup... Which Indah now drinks wtaer from!!!

So I'm sure Lucie will be fine!

Brooke,
    I cant imagine having to sit there & go through all of that to have some repulsive criminal released! The system is so bad!!!! I'm glad that your out of it!!!!

Brooke it really must feel like such a relief to no longer have to be surrounded by that element. I find it so difficult to not be able to think of your own children in the same situation. I know as foster carers we found that it was so difficult having to rationalise how some people can do the things that they do..hopefully you will be able to move into a field that you enjoy more.

Trace I so hope your girls day of resting helps their little bodies get better. At this time of year there seems to be so many nasties floating around. Thats so great your DH could stay home. Sammy is the same as Indah and Charli too....loves his milk!

Soph yaay for the toothie peg...and omg 29 weeks!!!!!! I cant believe how quickly its going by. Do you have a preggo journal..i tried to have a squiz before to see if you had one but couldnt see..dunno if ive just missed it somewhere?? You must be getting so excited..not long til little Lucie has a baby brother or sister. Whats your hunch???

Storm....where are you at??? Hope all is well.

Hello to everyone else..hope you are all having a lovely day.

We took the kids and went and saw "Click" last night..and despite the reviews really enjoyed it. It has a nice message...and the kids really enjoyed it. We had to sit right up the front though cos Sammy wanted to crawl around a bit. Hes fascinated by the little lights..i just had to not think about him being on the floor around all those germies!

Was inspired by Kels 7km walk yesterday..sort of anyway....2km...lol.its a start! Sammy got so grumpy towards the end. He really doesnt enjoy being in his pram that much...are other bubbies the same now??

Jo

Well I caved in and gave Lucie her 10am bottle. And then she wanted no solids for lunch whatsoever. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I hate the entire milk and food thing. It is so darn frustrating.

Brooke - Ah flying carrots, what fun!

Jo - Nup no journal I'm afraid. And I really have no idea about boy or girl! Lucie hates her big pram, but I got a Quicksmart stroller and she LOVES it! Best $99 ever spent, it folds up so small and great for travelling, now we just use that and cos there is nothing to it, Lucie doesn't feel strapped in.

Tracey - Ahhh give me a milk loving baby anyday! No I do love my girl.

Gotta pack to go to Byron, in 2 minds about going which is just cos Lucie isn't feeding really and is silly. If she won't feed anywhere it doesn't really matter where I am! Hopefully it's just cos of the teeth and will pass cos I'm going insane!

Brooke lol that sounds soooo cute. I might have to get a mat around sammys high chair too... he does the same thing. I think he just likes to see it drop down lol. Lol at the dirty looks though...get used to those..ive been getting lots from my 12 yo lately!!!

Awww Soph..Lucie certainly likes to keep you on your toes doesnt she. I hope you decide to go away....i love getting away..can be so restful after all the packing that is. We are heading to Freo next weekend and I cant wait. Darren isnt working the WHOLE weekend and the girls dont have any netball or hockey..whoooohooooooooo!!!!

My SIL is due to have her fourth bubs next week..its getting exciting. It will be weird cuddling a new born again..no doubt Sammy will look soooo big!

Jo

Hi Strangers!!
    Wow so much has been going on since my last visit. It has been utter chaos at my place, everybody is sick, DH is chucking mega tanties over $$$ ( or the lack of) & my bubba is on a juice & arrowroot bibbie diet only! I think I am going insane ( insainer) .
    I just want to curl up in bed & never, ever get out again!!

Way too much chatter for me to catch up on, so sorry, I just dont have the mental stamina to cope with my life ATM .

winge winge winge

Trace, hope Indah is feeling better now.

Fletch, I hear ya with the willy playing thing, so cute the way you describe Zane !!Zac is no where near that keen:eek:

Soph, 29 weeks? Do you know we are opposite? I have 29 weeks to go!!

Jo, Zac loves being in the pram, but not when it is stationary for too long!!

Brooke, ROFL at the carrots!! How's the rose garden growing?I think when you get your BFP I'll have to call you petal

Yay for Kaitlyn making forward movements Cass, wont be long now & she'll be running a muck!!

There I hope I didn't miss any one, HI if I did.

Better go & help out the sick people, one cant seem to reach the remote

Awwww Storm..so sorry to hear you are having such a horrible time of it. Hope everyone starts feeling so much better soon.

Jo

Fletch: Just letting you know I finally upadted Indah's site by adding Maddy's haircut on it. She was 4 at the time & the babysitter's son cut it all off about 3 days after she had all her 4yr old kinder photo's taken... thankfully it has grown back nicely!

But it was so cute at the time!!!

Storm, I hope things get better there soon!

I am sitting on the lounge watching something on current affair about Sofia....I am not a big swearer at all but I just saw a picture of that evil man and called him numerous names ........she was so beautiful. I know it is horrible but I cant help but feel happy that he will get whats coming to him once he gets to jail ...gosh I cant believe I said that ...but I just have no mercy for anyone that can hurt a child ....none at all....there is nothing in this world that can justify hurting someone or something that cant defend itself...disgusting. Ok ...better stop as it upsets me so much ....I just dont understand how people can do those things.

Brooke ....I am glad you have decided not to go back to that job as with a child now I can imagine how much more it would affect you. But you should be proud of yourself as only someone strong can do a job like that....and someone has to do it. On a more lighthearted note that is hillarious about the carrot lunch! How rude of you mummy ...as if carrots are more yummy then cheese sangers hehehehehe.

Happy 29thweek Bday little peanut!. Only 11weeks until we all get to hear about you!. Soph I would not worry to much about the bottle / solids thing. If Kaitlyn has a late morning tea sometimes she only wants 100-180mls formula for lunch and then has a little afternoon tea....if she needs it she will have it.

Jo that is so good that you have been foster parents...such a hard job but such a wonderful thing to do.Dont go getting to clucky with another bubs coming into the family hehehe. Your weekend away sounds dreamyyyyyy...I love getting away!. On the pram...Kaitlyn who LOVES walks screamed today in the middle of our walk, I think now she can get to things herself she does not want to be strapped into something!. I had to get her out for cuddles and then I let her sit in the pram but not strapped in so she could lean forward. I normally dont do this but it has a bar accross it so it is actually ok as long as you dont take your eyes off her.

Tracey I hope Indah is feeling alittle better tonight...I hate when they get sick poor bubbas.

Storm I hope you are having a relaxing night. Tell DH not to stress to much about $$$ as things have a funny way of working themselves out ....dont you get stressed as you are growing a little person! Mind you in saying that I am a huge stress head hehehe.

Fletch little Zane sounds so cute with his favourite bath toy hehehe.

Kaitlyn is currently in bed still grumbling her way to sleep ...bloody toofies!. Tell me girls do you also become big softies when your bubbas are teething or sick ..I break all the "rules"....wants cuddles to sleep ...done....want to get back up because to upset to fall asleep ..no probs!. She is little for such a small amount of time.....I want to make the most of it hehehe.

She is officially ON THE MOVE!...slowly but she is crawling . Gosh she is so cute ...she gets somewhere and sits up and is just beaming with pride. She did however get to the cat today and pulled his tail so hard he bit her ...didnt break the skin just shocked her thankfully.

Well tomorrow we pick up the keys to our house!!! YAY. Our landlord seems really lovely , he put locks on all the windows ( and after all the news is it any wonder I am a security FREAK!), filled the pond in the backyard ( very unsafe!) and put a new exhust fan in the bathroom ..so nice!. DH is getting nervous as he is a Bondi boy and has lived in the east since he came from Russia when he was 1yr old...so moving out to the north-west is a big move for him. As all the sydneysiders would know the Eastern surburbs people usually joke about never going over the bridge to the north...so moving over there although only 30kms away is a big move for him. I am also very very nervous...but also very excited. More nervous about daycare and leaving my princess so I think the house seems a small thing in comparison. We had a neighbour and her two little girls come say good bye and play today so that was nice ..now I have to just farewell everyone else ( we have a pretty nice complex here).

Ok blabbed enough I am sure! ..

Cass

Cass Kaitlyn just sounds gorgeous!!! And yes I think i break every 'rule' there ever is lol. I just want to snuggle and enjoy them! Sammy did exactly the same thing on our walk today..completely lost it so half way up the road I had to carry him home! He was quite happy then! Yaay for crawling too..isnt it just such a precious milestone. Its so lovely watching them become little people. Have fun picking up your keys..the new place and landlord sound just lovely. Bet once you get over your nerves you will have a ball.

Trace I must have missed the post with Maddys hair cut?? Its so funny though as Emmy did exactly the same thing cept she went straight to the top of her hair so when we took her to the hairdressers they could do nothing to salvage it so it was soooo short all over. She was 4 too...it was so funny as when she had done it..after massacring a few barbie dolls' hair I found what she had done. She told me she wanted to be the 'new dirl' (new girl) at school again as then she would have another turn of the suprise box. Me being the mean mummy that I am ran for the video camera and got it all on tape..evidence forever!!! It seemed to take forever to grow though but I think she learnt to not ever ever cut her or her sisters hair ever again!!!

Jo

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast