Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 2005 #22

HA HA HA Brooke, I hadnt even noticed, I guess I am predicting another girl then, I guess we wont know til birth though coz I really dont wnat to not have a surprise!

OOOH I was hoping things were getting better for you at home with Dh, big hugs but just quick ones coz you got too much to do!!!!

hope everyone is well

Maria and I went to Parramatta today to re register my business name and finally I have created a photobucket of my cake photos, if you are interested here is the link. I have also created one for Maria, email me at [email protected] and I will give you the link and password.

http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/p...ylormadecakes/

Regards

Louise

Hello!

Louise - I'll email you a bit later. Would love to check out pics of the beautiful Maria.

Jo - How was basketball?

Tracey - Yeap I don't reckon it matters whatever the gender of your bubs. No matter what they are precious and loved and the best thing in the world. I would have been totally happy with a girl or boy and will be again next time. I think you are having pink though! Am soooooooooooooo jealous re U2 concert.

Brooke - Really hope you can put your feet up soon.

Cass - How is your cat?

Ok better run. Ned is asleep on my shoulder as usual. It's his favourite spot. Doesn't like being held in my arms, shoulder it is! Have my post natal visit today - I bit later 'cos my last appt was cancelled. Joy oh joy pap smear time

Hi Girls ,

sorry quick selfish post as I am about to run into a meeting but I will jump back on later today. Unfortunately our beautiful baby Fur boy has Leukemia :-(. The good news is we are able to treat it with Chemo tablets and they have a good success rate so we will start that treatment on Friday after they have confirmed 100% it is not cancer as they are testing a lump he has inbetween his heart and lungs. He is home where he belongs and I have made him a hidey hole out of the box from the microwave we just bought. He is still not able to walk properly. We will play it by ear as I dont want him to live a life of pain so if he does not recover or has to continue having blood test every week for the rest of his life then I dont think that is a nice life for him to live. But for now he has a chance so we are going to fight it with all we have!!!!!!!!

LONG LIFE TO MY BLACK PANTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck cass & Panther!!!! I hope he reacts really well to the meds!

I feel so ick it aint funny, why oh why do I have to work!!!!

OOOh Indah enjoyed her morning with the carer (not sure if I already told you guys that, but it takes a huge worry off my shoulders!)

Trace - Soooooo good that Indah is happy with her carer. Yay!! Must be a great feeling for you

Cass - come on Panther get better soon!!!!!!

Oh Brook huge to you ...I hope your DH starts to appreciate you a bit more that he has seen how hard this is on you ( not that it should have taken that!). And dont for a minute think you are a bad mum for storming out as anyone under this kind of pressure would have reacted that way long before you did so be proud of yourself. I really really hope that things pick up for you soon

Well my fur baby actually looks like he has polycythemia which is extremely rare in cats as a primary disease and it appears he has it. Girls what would you do if one of your fur babies had to be on drugs all his life and have blood taken out at best once every 2-3months...and they are not 100% sure on what his life would be like as it is so rare but it should be ok once on the tablets?. I dont want to make him fight for his life just to please my need to have him , but I dont want to give up on him if he could have a happy and good life except for the blood and tablets! I just dont know what to do ..even with animals we can still feel like bad mummies I guess!!! I am scared as I think the vet will want to really persue it hard as it is so rare and she has never seen it in...so it is good for her experiance if you know what I mean. But my baby is not an experiance or a paper to write up he is a life and that is my main priority .

Brooke, I wish i was closer so I could take you & Charli out for the day or even Charli so you can rest, you need to look after yourself too hun, you got another precious gift inside!
    You are doing way too much... Could you talk to Dh & ask him to ask his Mum or sis or anyone to come spend a day or 2 with him every week so you can have some time out or away from all the stress, worries & pressure at home from Dh & his pain, snappiness etc...

Maybe you could take cahrli swimming or to the park or anything just for a few hours a couple days a week to recharge & then when she sleeps have a sleep yourself!

I really dont know what else to say, I wish there was something I could do, but if you dont look after yourself the 3 of you will be laid up & have noone so make some time for yourself!!!

Dont worry, Charli will be Ok, it's quite normal to lose your temper, crikeys you've been doing it tough for a long time now with Dh being unwell etc.... I think your a marvel & a miracle worker!!!

All I can do is offer some ears for listening babe, but dont beat yourself up about something you cant take back... Just move on Charli will be fine!!!

:hugs:

OH Brooke, what can I say? You have been so strong these past few months, I don't know how you've done it. Men are at their worst when they are ill.You're doing so well. I really dont blame you for flying off the handle, I totally agree with Trace, grab Charli & go out, swimming would be good & relax, put her in one of those pool pram thingies & just float around & forget about things for a while. You've got a bundle to consider as well!!& Charli probably wont even remember your tantrum so DO NOT beat yourself up about that!

Cass, poor Panther!I understand how you feel about him being experience, I personally if you feel he would be in too much pain or discomfort being medicated & having blood taken all the time, then don't let it happen. You are not being selfish for wanting to keep him going either, if you feel his treatment is working then great do it.It is so hard, I know, but if the meds are gonna make his life normal again, then that is fantastic!!
    I hope this made some sense I just woke up!!

Louise I have you an email...i had a squiz at your cakes..they are simply gorgeous..you are so clever!!! Cant wait to see some pics of little Maria.

Brooke Im so sorry you are having such a **** time of things..what doesnt kill us makes us stronger woman!!!! Thinking of you....so wish i could help in some way.

Cass...its so sad...i can understand your dilemma...can you give it a few months and see how difficult the treamtent and blood tests will be? He might be back to his normal happy self soon with medication and then it might seem like an easier choice to make?

Trace Im so glad that Indah is happy with her carer..that is so fantastic..must be such a relief for you.

Basketball went really well thanks Soph. The kids are on at different times so makes for a long Monday night but they all enjoyed it. How is your head now? All ok..and no news....good news then? I can so remember those days too with little Neddy being on your shoulder..awwwwww.

Hi Storm..omg you are 32 weeks!!!!!!

Hellooo everyone else...

I had a lovely morning out with Sammy today..we went for a huge walk and he was so thrilled to have ducks and swans coming over to him at the river..got some great piccies!!! I have my little niece today...she is 4 tomorrow! We are having a party for her today before she goes back to her mummys in Perth..shes so excited about it!

Im talking to my sister about her coming to look after Sammy for 2 half days a week while I go into work...i dont know how you guys do it..i feel like such a wuss....arrgh...

Jo

Jo it kills me... But I know I have to... I started feeling guilty to be pregnant again knowing I will have to return to work, but I also cant give up having another baby to cherish & love... I need to work as Dh earns crap money, we creally wnated another baby & so this is what we have to do...
    I am definately gonna tell them I only want to return to 4 days after my maternity leave though! I'm sure Sammy will enjoy it, 2 days is cool! I bet he loved the long walk... hee hee Indah now will only wlak holding your fingers so it can get pretty hard on your back, but it's all she currently wants to do!

Ohh Louise I'll have to check out your cakes & if you like in my profile you'll see my e-mail addy so I'd also love to see pic's of Maria!!!

Oh No!! hehe. Zac took his nappy off while he was having his sleep today! Ick, what a mess, I reckon, by the amount of pee, he did it straight after I put him in there!! Nappy backwards tomorrow!! hahahhahhahahah.
    Louise I'd love to see piccies of Maria too,will email you.

Yep JO, 32 weeks........ 8 l o n g weeks to go, I so can't wait til it is over & I can rid myself of all these aches!! Oh & have a macca's icecream too!!
    Last edited by storm; November 21st, 2006 at 03:27 PM. Reason: coz I can't spell

ROFPMSL... Nice one Zac!!! HA HA HA HA!! That's awesome Storm, what a cheeky little monkey!

I'm off home now... I hope the smell of food cooking inside does make me want to chuck again!!!!!

Lol Ay, at least his butt got a good air out!!

Hope your not gonna feel too sick Trace, I really, really, really hate that part.

Trace you are great..I know we all have to do what we have to do...im sure Sammy will be fine...we just dont leave him...so am anxious to start but will do it gradually so hopefully he will be fine with that. 4 days will be so great for you..ohh im so excited..you are having a baby lol!

Storm that is so funny!!!! Sammy hasnt figured out how to undo his nappy yet..hope it doesnt happen anytime soon too lol..cos he loves having no nappy on! 55 days doesnt sound like long...use the days lol instead of weeks!!!

Jo

Awwww Louise, Maria is beautiful!!
    & wow at the cakes too, you are so clever!!

OK Jo, so 55 days then, your right, it does sound so much better

Hi guys!

Sorry I did a big post yesterday (lots to you Brooke!) and Lucie deleted it all

Anyway Brooke basically it was massive hugs to you and don't feel bad at all, you are only human and your reaction is totally understandable. I know what it's like having very little support around and it's tough in the best of times. Do you have a friend that can maybe take Charli for an hour while you and DH have some time alone (or better still you have a massage or something!). Try and take care of yourself and that bub you are growing matey.

Storm - clever Zac with the nappy. Good idea putting it on backwards! 54 days to go :eek:

Jo - I'm sure Sammy will be fine too. I reckon mums find it the toughest (then again I haven't had to do it yet)

Cass - Not sure what I'd do about teh cat situation. I guess if his life isn't too happy then it may not be the best for him to keep on going with all the meds and tests. It's a tough call.

Ok gotta run. No melanoma for me, just a BCC (skin cancer but not so bad as they got it all)

Soph, glad the head is Ok & they got everything!!!

Storm how did the nappy backwards go last night with Zac??

Jo, I got home last night & the carer had written a note about Indah & her 2 hours there yesterday. It really made me smile she wrote: Dear Parents, I justw anted to let you know how Indah's day was today. She sat in the highchair smiling & singing as the other 2 kids danced & played musical instruments, she tapped her knee & giggled with excitement, she ate a sandwich & had a drink of her milk & thens tarted sjowing tired signs, I did as you suggest & began saying "night night Indah" she immediately grabbed her hair & I laid her in the cot she made a noise for about 20 seconds before falling asleep, she slept for just over an hours & a half, when Daddy arrived to pick her up.
    It is a pleasure for me to be caring for such a delightful child, Thank-you....!
    So I am really happy that Indah seems to have just slotted in happily with this lady & situation...

Cass, I too would be a bit of a mess deciding what to do with my beloved pet whom is most definately part of the family!!! Could you see how he copes over the next few weeks & then decide? I understand your not wanting him to be the vet's experiment too... Good luck deciding!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast