Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 2005 #22

oh Trace sounds like you have found a great lady there! Did you get the book btw?

OH Crap sorry Soph, Yep the book arrived thanks Sweets you ae just too precious for words!!! Have only managed a quick flick through it... with the Il's etc it's been hectic!!!

Great Trace! How much longer are the IL's here for?

About a week or so, the latest they can stay til is Dec 1st!!!

Their names are down on a standby flight for this Friday though, as Balinese Xmas starts around Nov 29th & they would love to be home for it!!!

Wow Trace, what a wonderful carer you have found! Fancy thanking you for letting her look after Indah, how wonderful!

Glad your head is better Soph & it wasn't anything too sinister.

Zac left his nappy on last night, only because I put a all in one on him, hahaha.

Hi Girls,

Soph I am so glad that it all came up clear ..phew!.

Jo I know how hard it is to leave them , but if they are with someone you trust it makes it so much easier.

Go Zac taking his nappy off hahah. Kaitlyn has started to do this as well!!! But so far has not managed to wee anywhere. A friend of mine had to masking tape her sons nappy on because he would always take it off hehe.

Trace so excited about you new little arrival!!! I can only imagine your joy! I hope the MS is not to bad.

Well my dear Packer seems to be doing ok so far, I sat with him in the garden last night (well DH and I took turns until Kaitlyn went to bed) he just sat and sniffed the air , ate some grass and tried unsucessfully to catch a lizard . He is still not well (obviously) but he seems to be in good spirits. So we are off to the vet tomorrow night to test his blood , then Friday we will confirm cancer or not ( looks like not) and then they will start him on the meds. We have decided like you all think to give it a month and see how he goes. As long as he is not in pain and seems happy then we will continue ( may need to get a second job mind you!!!!!!!!!!!- just kidding!) so we will see.

Kaitlyn is going well , running around like a mad woman and making us all laugh. She has discovered how to blow her nose but now also does it as a way of getting attention when she is nervous or upset so that is a bit annoying !!! haha. She refuses to eat anything but yogurt from us most days and wants to use her hands for everything( anyone else finding this?). Oh and the other day , being the good girl she is she came over saying "da da da...Taaaaa" and handed him a daddy long legs spider!!!!!!!argh the things they do ( I think Lucie has done this as well hasnt she soph?). Anyway full of cheekiness my girl!

DH has his stitches out on his hand but is still in pain , but all is looking good!.

OK better run and do some work!

Brooke I hope your day is going ok honey

Oh Brooke - not creepy at all. Send Charli up here and her and Lucie ca go feral together! Really hope they finf out whats wrong with your DH soon. It's terrible!

Cass - Sending Packer 'make a remarkable recovery' vibes.....

Tracey - Does their visa run out then? Will be nice to have your house back to yourselves. I LOVE visitors but everything is always a bit out of whack.

Storm - Do you use cloth nappies with Zac?

Ned was 2 months old yesterday :eek: Where has the time gone? Have his vacs tomorrow

Brooke, waht do the surgeons say? There must be something they can do? It cant be right your poor Dh to be in so much pain after having his appendix removed??
    Does he see anyone regularly that can monitor him or something? Myabe they can keep him in hospital for a night or 2 so not only you can get sleep but they can see what he is going through!??? It just sounds awful that he is in so much pain & his emotionbs are spiralling out of control, you have a baby & one in your tummy....
    I wish there was something I/we could do to help!!!!

I final;ly nervously made the call to the Hospital & am booking myself in to their Family Birthing Centre, so all natural, minimal intervention etc, etc!! So no Ob this time just midwife care & I am so excited... They have to call me back a bit later to give me details etc though!

Soph, the visa runs out on the 3rd Dec, so they are booked ona flight for Dec 1st, but originally the plan was for 2 weeks, but Balinese Christmas is the last few days of November & it's a really big thing & they want to be home for that so they'll leave on Friday & so it will have been 3 weeks!!
    I am looking forward to my home back in my own hands & also my own bed again!!!!!

OMG Ned is 2 months old.... where does the time go????
    Last edited by Tracey; November 22nd, 2006 at 02:41 PM.

Hi ladies.

Brooke...your poor Dh..it must be agonising watching him like this. What is going on with the Drs? Are they doing anything to help him? Surely he cant go on like this? Big hugs to you...and no its certainly not creepy..i love our supportive little group!!!!!

Trace Indah's carer sounds gorgeous..thats really lovely and what a huge relief it must be for you. Its not going to work out with my sister...so will have to keep thinking about how we will make this work. And wow booking in..yay...the birthing place sounds so fab....whoohoooooo...so whatcha names then....Leni....Marley.....still thinking pink..??? And wow the inlaws going soon....while its been lovely for you i can imagine it will be so lovely for you to have your space back too..not long now.

Soph wow hes 2 months already??? Is he still chunking out?? lol...surely hes slowed down a bit the little piggy??LOL

Ewwww Cass....a daddy long legs...what a special treat that is lol. Kaitlyn sounds gorgeous!!!! Sammy does the same cept his is tank u tank u tank u lol....Yay for the stiches out too....fingers crossed its all going to work out for your beloved puss too!

Arrgh its take me ages to write this girls...ive had a lovely day today til i got home to an email from my MIL..I routinely send out emails to all my extended family and friends who dont get to see the kids that much with photos and updates and she is having a huge whinge about what a ***** i am basically. God knows i have had it with this woman! (yup the one with the internet and the american lover who is now her husband!!!!!)

Jo

heheheh had to laugh at you first jo...love the internet lover MIL. Man MIL's honestly it must be so hard to get a good one in this world!I promise to be a good one if Kaitlyn marries any of the BB boys hehe.

Brooke I so feel for , and your DH. It is the worst thing just not knowing ...at least if you knew the issue causing the pain you would know what you are in for.And that is not creepy at all ...sometimes I tell you girls things I just dont bother to tell anyone else !..that is what we are here for. I only live over in Baulkham hills so if you want a break and meet for a coffee or even if you need some help with anything please let me know as I will be more then happy to help...honest.

Soph I cant believe Ned is two months! It is funny but before I even got to you post I looked at a previous posts ticker and said to myself"oh my god ned is already 2months old!"...by the way I love your new ticker!.

Trace what has made you go down the route of a birthing centre? Did you do the hospital/epidural thing before?. I am only interested for me next time...I would like to try and avoid drugs if possible ,....but would not be upset if I had to have them. Will be nice for you to get your place back !

hi everyone else!

I had a lovely day today ! Today is my work from home day but the PC as soooooo slow ..so I packed up at 330pm picked up Kaitlyn and we went to the pool !. I tell you Kaitlyn is such a water baby , she just has the most wonderful time.

I took Packer outside again tonight to enjoy the outside air!. He is such a beautiful boy and loves being outside...happiness is the best medicine I think!

Cass, I was at the same Hospital for both the girls births but went thru my GP whom is also an Ob, so it was all prewtty much bulk billed & then he wasnt there when the girls were born anyways, he is also no longer practising.

Maddy I had Peth, because I was induced after my waters broke 2 days earlier & not much was happening but she had become distressed!
    With Indah I had a suck on the gas hated it & did it without drugs, including being cut, as she had a very poor heart rate & was distyressed so they had to cut me to deliver her NOW! But no drugs & I rweally enjoyed her birth so cant see whay I cant do it like that again... So as my Ob is no longer practising & as I want natural anyways I figured I'd rather be cared for by the midwives & deliver in the FBC... Where DH can saty with me & baby overnight! Then go home the next day!!!!

Hmmm, Jo I am still liking Leni for a girl & I think we are now gonna go with my SIL's name as a middle name which is Rahayu (ra hi you!)
    For a boy I want Zyon Marley (or might spell it Mahli?)

But I am gonna tell family & friends some different names so I cant hear their comments!!!

Hi ladies...am up early today to see my baby off to her orientation at high school. Cant believe shes going to high school She is catching the bus with her friends too..doesnt want her mummy taking her lol.....awwww least my dad is meeting her there (hes a teacher there)..sigh..they grow up too quick.

Sorry about selfish post..will be on later...i just feel sad.

Jo
    Last edited by ~Jo~; November 23rd, 2006 at 09:09 AM. Reason: tired and forgot half my post!!!

Wow Trace you must have such a high pain threshold ..I thought I was good . You go girl! I loveeeee those names! Mahli is my favourite SP.

Well today started out well ..I lost a diamond earring!!!!!!!! DH found the back in the bathroom so oh god I hope the actual diamond earring is somewhere! . Mind you when you own nice things then I guess these things happen so I am not kicking myself to hard ( just a couple of bruises hehe).

We are off to the Vets tonight for Packer to have blood removed to thin it out again ..poor baby.
    I took Kaityn to the pool yesterday after work ..she had the best time!! and so did mummy!

I had to have a chat with daycare today as yesterday they made a comment that "Kaitlyn had cried herself to sleep " I was not happy! So I chatted with them this morning to ensure that is NOT happening. The girls in there are so nice but there is one at the moment who looks so unhappy and is just becoming rude. She is being moved out of the room next year but I just dont think it is nice for babies to feel that vibe..do I say something to the director?

ohhhh gotta run...mean to be running a meeting in 5mins so I better go get the laptop set up!

CAss - def say something if you are not happy, it's your child! Hope vet is ok this arvo and you find your earring

Trace - LOVE the names, particularly Leni. So cute!

Jo - ooohhh your little girl is growing up! How do you think she will go with DH teaching there? My DH is a teacher too and will most likely be teaching where the kids end up going to school (seems like ages away but I bet time flies!) and we often talk about the pros and cons of it.

Brooke - How are you today?

Just trying to find addresses. Being organised and addressing my christmas card enevlopes before the cards arrive from the wonderful Fletch. She's a legend!

Cass I'd say something too, or else your gonna be at work all day in knots!!! It's not fair on you, Kaitlyn or the unhappy girl, maybe someone is upsetting her!??? Also i explained from day 1 that Indah may 'grizzle' when put into the cot, but if it is crying then she is not to be left!!! So saying what they said about her crying herself to sleep would have made me see red!

Soph, it does go by so fast, I cant believe Maddy is gonna be in grade 3 next year! Waaaah, where'd the years go? She turns 8 on Sunday!

OOOh Jo, a big girl now... OMG, how nervy but also cool that your Dad is at the school... hee hee

OOOh I just havent had time to think about Christmas Cards yet & so will mail them out to ppl I get cards from this year, last year I had them all posted on Dec 1st! (I was also on maternity leave) This year there's too much going on in my head!!!!

Hey girls

Jo... for you! Time just goes too quickly, doesn't it?! I hope Jess enjoys her orientation and I hope you are feeling better!

Soph...I LOVE your ticker pic! How gorgeous are your kidlets?! Glad to hear that all is ok with your head.

Tracey...your girls are gorgeous in your new ticker too! Any news on the standby tickets? Love your name choices!

Storm...wow, 32 weeks! We'll be on Storm-watch soon!

Cass...I agree, I'd say something too. You are trusting these people with your princess and it is their job to care for her properly. She deserves the best! Hope all goes ok with poor Packer tonight.

Louise...your cakes are fantastic! You are very talented. I'd love to see Maria's site too. I'll email you. Maria sounds like Josh - he isn't walking yet either (still all cruising) but he loves to climb too!

Brooke...I can't believe that they can't work out what is happening with your poor DH. Are they still investigating? My offer to help out anytime still stands...I will actually send you an email a bit later on...

Fletch, Rae, Alex...how are all of you lovely ladies and your bumps doing?

Josh got another new tooth this week...without any fuss which was great. He has a little cyst under one of his eyelids atm. It's not bothering him and the doctor says it's quite normal, but we have to put eye drops & ointment in his eye to get rid of it. NOT an easy task with a 1 year old boy!

We're going away to my Dad's at Newcastle for the weekend. I will try to pop in beforehand, but if I don't, have a lovely weekend all!

Bec x

P.S. As you can see, I have actually decided to add our new addition to my sig after all. We have decided that we won't worry so much about keeping it a secret and have told a few people. Thank you all very much for keeping my secret for the past month or so though!

Awwww Bec beautiful......im so happy for you....Josh is going to dote on his precious sister.....you were so good holding out for so long..have you told your family and friends irl? Have a wonderful time at your dads...its so nice getting away isnt it. Yay at the new tooth ...how many is that now? Hope the cyst clears up pronto...i dont envy you having to put drops on it lol...sunscreen is hard enough and i get it everywhere lol!!!

Cass I would definately say something. You have every right to know what is going on with your baby! I have a friend who works in a daycare and she tells me all the time about some of the people that shouldnt be around our precious babies and children..grrrrrrrr at crying to sleep...that is unacceptable...poor Kaitlyn. I would definately be saying something..she is being paid to do a job and unhappy or happy you put on a professional face...children are too important and so sensitive!!!! Omg at losing the diamond earing too..hope you find it..and hope Packer goes ok at the vets tonight..what a busy life you have!

Trace I love your names too...whoohooo.....wonder what you are gonna have??? Oh and happy birthday to Maddy for Sunday .yay...is she looking forward to her big girl bbq?

Soph my dad is a teacher....not my Dh ..well my Dh has done 3 years of a bach of ed but we have a shop now that takes up his time lol..plus the dj business..one day he will get back and finish the final year...maybe lol. Im just happy that at such a big school he is there to help with her. Dad was a cool teacher too...i never got any **** cos he was so popular so i know she will have a ball with him too! Is your Dh primary or high school teacher? Yay on getting organised for your cards too...im waiting for mine from Fletchie too..isnt she so clever..busy business for her this time of year!!! Soph i love your new ticker....they just look so sweet together and how clever are you getting a Ned smile on camera!

Storm whatcha up to today hon?

God im buggered..we braved the shops today and its madness already....its chaos and busy and people are already getting mean...arrrrghhhh! I have so much to do for Christmas..gosh...i need to get cracking lol

Jo

I'm gonna need to see all these Christmas cards from Fletch ya know!! Sorry Fletch maybe next year too knackered this one, ooh plus I can do birth announcements!!! hee hee

Ok off for our final Il's dinner to a Chinese restaurant nearby!!!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast