Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 2005 #24

Mmmmm Trace, that;s a hard one! I really don't know what to say, only do what you feel is right.(useless huh? )

Things are going good here, just wish the heat would go away for a few days at least.
    Zaccie is getting very upset when I give Angel a bottle, he wants her bottle, he is OK when she has Boob, but that isn't working too good, I feed her for around 1 hr each side & then she is still having 100ml of formula after, I dont know why, I am drinking heaps of water & the aktivite drink, surely all the drama that happened to me should n't be effecting it now? I still am pretty rundown, but I am getting heaps of sleep (thanks Angel) I have been expressing as well to help boost it, but my pump broke hehe last night Zac stole my EBM again ( he loves it) Ah what else can I do?
    Not looking forward to the kids going back to school, or DH going back to work, it'd gonna be so strange. Amy starts high school, I am scared for her.

Um ma what a selfish post I'm sorry.

Hope everybody is well & havving a great day.
    Brooke, I can't believe how fast your ticker is moving along.

Storm - funny eh, Whenever I express some EBM Lucie wants it too, and these bubs were never keen on milk before LOL!

Selfish post from me too sorry. Bit of a hurry - Ned's having his 4 month vacs this am. Have been reading but not posting much, promise to catch up on all the personals soon. But just while I remember...

Trace - will have a squiz at your work post later. My advice though is to win lotto and then you can both retire early

Alex - Yay for belly!

Louise - Hope you are ok by yourself. I hate it when DH is away!

Ok gotta run. Oh and Ned is 6.9kg now!

Hi Girls ,

Storm perhaps your body is still in recovery ..such a big thing to give birth and when it is as traumatic as what you had it can shake you up. But it sounds like Angel is doing so well and what alittle gem taking both breast and bottle...I think you should be proud as it is hard to get them to do that isnt it?.

Soph I hope Neds Vacs go well today ..what a big boy you have there!.

Louise ..just deleted what I wrote as I have just spoken to you anyway hehehe Hope you and maria have a good day and I will get some pegs for the miss today!.

Trace I will try and take a look at your post today if the little miss gives me a chance :-)

Man oh man ...what a night. Kaitlyn was up every 45mins sometimes less due to this horrid heat and also a cold she appears to now have on top of eye teeth coming through and I am exhusted!.

Well sounds like she has just fallen asleep ...better catch a shower before she gets up again :-)

Storm - If you have a Avent pump I have heaps of spare parts. he he at Zac wanting the milk though.

Soph - hope all goes well with Ned's Vacs

Cass - great to talk to you this morning, are you having a nap yet?

Well survived another night, but Maria woke at 2am for a play, I just put the side rail up on my bed and let her play, she was aslepp upside down this morning.

Hi ladies...looks like everyone is doing so well. Weve been very busy here doing all the normal holiday activities...but still reading just not posting.

Storm...like Cass has said..your body has gone through a huge ordeal. Keep persevering though..you are doing a brilliant job. Babies get a lot more through feeding that we can from a pump too..they are efficient little feeders lol.

Trace..huge dilemma....what to do. I hope that you can work out what will be best for you and your family. Certainly will be different having two little ones at home close in age.

Louise hope your week flies by without your Dh here. Its tough when they are away.

Cass poor little Kaitlyn....that was a terrible night for her. Hope shes better for you tonight.

Yay for little fatty Neddy Soph. What a fantastic weight he is! Hope his vaccs go ok.

Yay for the tum too Alex....its going so quickly!!

Brooke hope you are sorting out your sleeping probs with little miss Charli!

Hello everyone else..hope you are all doing well!

Darren finished up on thursday so he is just working nights now. Its so wonderful to have so much time together. He is going through huge guilt at the moment cos hes one of those has to be working guys lol...so im trying hard to keep him distracted!

Storm I so hear you on the high school thing. Jess starts next week and its still freaking me out. I reckon both her and Amy will love it though and we will wonder what we were worrying about.

We got some new chooks yesterday. The kids have named and been petting them. They are probably going to be the most spoilt chooks ever lol. We actually got them from an egg farm out here..(ugh..thats another story) so they have been released from their commercial use. They arent in great shape but they are learning how to be free range chooks pretty quickly which is nice to see.

Well have a nice day ladies.

Jo

I am happy for 5/2 or 12/2 ....the sooner the better I say though :-)

Hope you are all having lovely days!.

Kaitlyns nose is like a river so we have been chilling. I cooked up a huge spag and meatballs and some biscuits and other then that nice and slow today.

oh sounds yum

Ok just a quick one coz I am pooped!! I was talking to the PA of the big boss whom both love me.... Anyways she said tell him you really only wnat 8-12 as you need time with your DH... so I have yet to be offered anything, but we have 10 mths so I am not worried & they will probably have to look into it all first & see what wrks for them, I also hinted that I'd happily go work in Singapore! With my family ofcourse!!!!

Ok gonna go night night!

man I cooked some kick butt pork chops with awesome mashed potato & carrots, corn, peas, broccoli & cauliflower!

I sprinkled Brown onion gravy on the chops & cooked them & added some to the mashed spuds, so creamy & delish!!!!

Ok Sweet Dreams!

Hi Girls! Was going to post last night but arghhhhhh cable is not working at home properly again!. Called bigpond and was on hold for 1.5hours and they are coming to look at on Saturday. Sucks as it means I will have to come into the office on Weds instead of working from home..argh.

Trace quiet a pickle you are in ..mmmm I personally would do the night role. It is so hard when they come back as they dont want to lose you ...but I know I have downgraded my job role a lot since coming back from maternity leave...going from a corporate sales role into a sales admin/management reporting role...and I am just about to change again into a Customer Service role as I told my manager this role was taking to much from me and they needed someone willing to work all hours of the day and night. I think in the long run we will not look back and think of the "job that got away" we will think of the time we spent with the kids. Like you I have to work as DH's pay is basically commision only so we have floods and draughts and my money is the pay that keeps it steady. Once the kids go to school maybe then you could go back to full time...it is only 6years until they are all in school. Good luck ...so hard isnt it.

Well I am SHOT today ...sooooo tired. Dog barked until about 1am and then Kaitlyn was up at 5am so I am beat. Anyone know a humane way to stop a dog barking?. He also ****es everywhere as DH's Parents only had a cemented yard so he does not know to pee on grass...he pee'd on the outside of Kaitlyns sandpit the other day ....arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhh. I have bought some special spray stuff ...think it has citronella in it and that is kinda working but at $12.95 a bottle and 1 almost gone in two days it is going to be an expensive exercise..any ideas?.

Well better get stuck into this huge cup of tea before I fall asleep on my laptop hahaha.

Chat soon ladies.

Awww Cass how annoying! I dont have anything really to suggest for barking. My little pekingese isnt really a problem. My friend sprays her big dog with a waterbottle lol..to stop him barking. Can he come inside during the night maybe so there are no distractions outside for him? As for the pee....toughie..we had a boy dog and he went on everything...couldnt bring him inside either little bugger cos he would just pee!

Trace least you have a little while to have a firm decision on what you are going to do. I would definatley want to go with the 8 to 12 option if you could...but naturally financial issues are always there to consider.

Brooke hope your drs appt went well. Sounds like a fun meet up..luckyducks!

Stormie how you going now?? Is the expressing paying off?? I had supply issues for the first few weeks with Sammy and was expressing inbetween feeds to get it up there. After around 6 weeks it had definately settlled down.

Hello everyone else...

We went to the drive in last night. Sammy thought it was pretty cool and was running around with all the kids playing on the play equipment in front of the big screen. He was probably stumped lol cos he couldnt turn the bloody thing off like he does at home hehe.

Jo

Good Morning Ladies,

jo your trip to the drive in sounds lovely. I can just imagine Sammys looking for the off switch on the big screen hehehe. Yeah our dog is the same ...so he is not allowed in yet. Plus we have a cat who is still a bit stressed after losing his best cat friend only 2months ago so I am trying to be sensitive to him ....mmmm we will work it out.

Brooke how did your DH's dr appt go?.

Hi to everyone else !!

Kaitlyn slept well last night thank goodness! So managed to get 11pm-545am for me and I feel soooo much better! . Still harder having to get up so early but oh well what can ya do !.

We have some rain here today so I am so thankful . My lawn is almost dead , but I just cant bring myself to waste the water on it ....cant wait to buy a house as I am going to hook the washing machine up to a tank so all the water goes into it and then I will use that for my lawn. Anyway at least it is getting a drink today and I will continue to ferry Kaitlyns bath water out to it every night ..arghhhh the effort!.

Well at work today ..bugger...but only two more days until day off yaya. What is everyone up to for Australia day?. We are having a BBQ ..might get an Aussie themed cake (nerdo ) hehe just have the need to really feel the Australia day feeling!

Morning everyone!!
    Not much from metoday, I am a little depressed with my milk supply.
    Zaccie has been talking heaps more lately, when DH came home yesterday Zac walked up to the fence & said Hello Daddy, then Dylan came to the gate & he said Hello Dylan!! Awwwww. Last night he was having a tanty & said outside daddy!

Brooke, if I make it to the meet I will let Angel have words to you bubby!!
    Oh bugger poop! I have to go I didn't realise what the time was & I've got my car booked in at 9 to get the remote doovalacki fixed bugger, be back later to finish.

Morning ladies, sorry I havent been in much properly...

Been so stressed at work, with agro man & now HR are wnating to take it further & I kinda wish I just kept my mouth shut but at the smae time wouldnt want him to get away with it!!

OOOH I dont know I know they are gonna talk to him soon though & so now I feel nervous about our meeting tomorrow as it kinda makes me uncomfy... AAAH, just gotta suck it up I guess!

We are all good though, I am so tired but nothing a decent sleep in on Friday wont fix!!!

I havbe sticky notes all over reminding me to do stuff & I just keep forgetting everything so the sticky notes list grows!

We have to put our dog in the laundry at night or else she barks as the new neighbours have cats & they sit on the fence & smile at her! During the day if she starts on a barking mission I spray her with a water bottle too & she keeps quiet for w bit...

I have asked DH to cook seafood for us on Friday, we have friends coming over so that will be nice, other than that I probably wont get up to much at all, I will get maddy in to her bedroom to clean it out, as I cant find anything in there!!!

Glad to read that everyone is well & all going great guns, have fun at your meet up, spewing I cant come!!!!!!!!

OK OK OK!!!!! I will come!!
    I would love to meet you all too!!

Oh i'd love to meet you girls too I'm definately up for it on the 12th!!!!

Oh and Brooke - friends of ours had thier little son the other day and named him Lincoln Andrew...i thought of you - lol!

12/2 is great for me girls! It is in the diary with big stars around it ..yayayayay Storm so glad your little clan is coming as well!.

had a great night last night...Kaitlyn slept from 630pm - 6am without a peep and the dog hardly barked yay!. I went to bed at 930pm and feel so rested today!.

Gotta start planning as I am having an Australia Day BBQ tomorrow ...leaving work at 1230 today as Telstra are coming over ( still have bloody issues!) So I can get the house cleaned this afternoon and then just worry about the cooking tomorrow. Mind you we are having a BBQ (OF COURSE IT IS AUSTRALIA DAY!) so should be nice and easy.

sorry selfish one as well..running to a meeting.

Have a lovely day ladies!

I want to come too.

Yay Brooke for getting your girl back.

Storm - hope all is ok with your milk. Have you tried the Activite/Fenugreek/Blessed Thistle? If all esle fails head to your GP and ask for Motilium. NO point having a stressed mummy!

Ok sorry girls gotta run. Back to being a head case re BF stuff

I wanna join ya's 2!!!

Work is way better MR arrogant got a talking to & is extremely shy & apologetic now!!!
    I have HR pushing for 8-12 or 6-12 at the most,as i explianed I dont wnat any more than that AT ALL... so she's on my side & it's gonna happen, I can feel it in my waters!
    Other than that we have chosen names so That parts all good... I am an eating machine though!!!!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast