Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 2005 #24

Trace I am so sorry ....I forgot to say I was sorry about your Friend...I cant even imagine the trauma the family are going through now . My thoughts are with them...makes day to day issues seem so silly doesnt it.

Jo I think your plan to go back and finish your degree with DH is a great idea!. I say go teaching hehehe. Only because the hours fit better with the kids and I guess you could do nursing later anyway!. I think you are good having so many started ..not terrible for not having finished them!.

ok ..back to work blah blah blah hehehe. I used to LOVEEEEEEEEEE work ....what happened!!! Oh yeah ...I met a princess named Kaitlyn :-)

Thanks ladies (I have updated the info I have received in the july due thread) It's truly heartbreaking, he actually died from luekaemia in the end & they were engaged to be married later this year she has their weddings band that they bought on NY day & will place it on his finger & his younger bro will put one on hers from Patrick & in her heart they will be married!!! I have be crying alot, possibly preg hormones!??

Cass I did smile that you thought of me & smiled! If I wasnt preg I'd go to the bottle shop grab a few drinks & have sat & wiated for DH to get home!! hee hee!

I too am thinking I should do a course...? Not sure what yet...? Goopd lauck to EVERYONE I used to love my job too, but with Indah & the pressure from a few ppl I really hate it now!! I dont wnat to be hating it, so I pray we can change my job to my above plan???!!!

Ok I am starving got some rice & pork dish from DH....

Trace its just so so sad. I so hope you can change your job around..sounds like it will be great. And good for you for doing a course...ive done a few at Tafe like Auslan when not at uni just to keep my mind from turning to mush lol.

Jo

Hi everyone!
    I'm still here, just really hard atm with my mum & dad here, but they are going home tomorrow, so will catch up soon!!!
    Zaccie is going great, loves his little sister, ( a bit too much I think).
    Still don't have much of a milk supply, I spoke to a nurse on the phone today to organise a home visit & she said something about medication to help boost it????? Mmmmm we'll see .

Well gotta go, cant wait to catch up with you all properly.

Awww Stormie..you take your time. Its great your parents have been with you. Im sorry you dont have a huge milk supply yet. Your body has been through quite a trauma though so that can happen. Be patient and not too hard on yourself. I was given maxalon to help increase my milk supply in hosp with Sammy but i only had one tablet before the expressing inbetween feeds really helped to kick it off. Theres also a great activite recipe on here..i never actually tried it but Im sure Trace will tell you about it.
    Hope little Angel is settling in well....bet the kids are just doting on her and that sounds great that Zaccie is adjusting well lol.

Jo

Storm,

Yep the Aktavite drink is like a godsend in milk supply... It is a litre of skim milk or full cream milk, then a cup of skim milk powder & a cup of Aktavite (found int the Milo & Quick section of supermarket) all whizzed up together & then drink it throught the next day or so (I drank it daily for 3 days & was leaking all over the place!) I also would feed wait 30 mins & express both breasts, wait 30mins & do it again & then feed again next feed & wait 30 mins & express etc within 3 days I was a milk fountain & the Aktavite is good for you & tastes delish!!!

Good Luck sweets!

I'm off for my scan at 10:20am, WOO HOOO!

Thanks Trace, will have a look today & get some!!
    Angel has settled in really well, & is already sleeping 7 hours at night, I think I am blessed in more ways than one!! Just wish I was feeling good too

Oh Trace, massive hugs matey. Hope the scan brings some big smiles to your face at least. Fill us in on all the details!

Storm - Good luck with the milk supply. The activite recipe is great. Also try Fenugreek and Blessed thistle from the Health Food Shop if you are keen to try 'natural' methods first. The paed prescribed me Motilium to get my milk going and his has so far done the trick (when Ned was in Hospital around Christmas and hadn't been feeding well for a few weeks 'cos he'd been sick, therefore very little milk!). It's similar to Maxalon but doesn't have some of the side effects that can be associated with that - ther eis some more info on the ABA website if you want to check it out.

Cass - Jog my memory can you, what is your job? I have baby brain x 2!

Anyway gotta run.......bbq in the park with some friends and need to get organised.

Trace have fun at your scan.....yay....its so nice getting that first pic!

Soph have fun at the park..sounds like fun.

Wow at 7 hours Storm ..thats heavenly! I still havent had 7 hours with Sammy

Is anyone else's toddler feeling like they are just too big for the trolley at the shops?? Sammy inssited on wanting to walk last night and actually did really well. Sometimes I think my boy thinks hes older than he is lol. Jess and Em are off on a riding camp this weekend which will be fun for them so will be quiet at home...we are now on the countdown til Darren finishes up on Thursday..yipeee!!!!!!!!!

Jo

Jo, Zac is like that now, but he still likes to run off. Funny though, cos watching Zaccie in general he never walks anyway always running flat stick!!

Soph, how do you find going out with 2 little ones on your own? I'm getting worried about my first outing without Daddy..... I have a double pram, but I'm petrified!!

Trace good luck with the scan this morning ...so exciting!.

Soph I work in IT ..boringggg.. I used to be a corporate sales rep which I loved! but as I am now part time I am working with the managers in a sales operations type role...trying to think how to explain it....lots of numbers, lots of reporting on what opportunities we have ..and lots of getting in trouble if we are not going to make quota hehehe.

Storm I had a really traumatic birth with Kaitlyn , also haemorrhaged - I lost 1.5 litres of blood which was a bit scary. And I remember the recovery was so hard for me...really took its toll. So just remember you will recover it just may take a little more time...try not to get to down (which I did!). I hope your milk starts flowing really well really soon! xx

Jo you must be sooooooo excited about Darren being home as of Thursday !!!!!!! WHOO HOO

So glad today is Friday ..whoo hoo!. We have to go and buy some lattice today as Kaitlyn has started to "bolt" away from us and is running towards the edge of our back Verandah. Although it is only about 1mtr off the ground their is a cement footpath and hard dirt at the bottom and there is NOT way I am risking her falling. Not sure how to do it yet ..was hoping we would move out before we needed to ..oh well ..safety is first 100%.

Cant wait to buy our own place...we have started "looking" and I think we will be able to get a 3-4bed with 2bathrooms ( fingers crossed) and a pool ( double double fingers crossed) for around 500k...sooooo exciting!. Just want to move out!. Would you believe after the rats in the roof and the bees in the wall they put our rent up $10.00 a week as soon as we hit 6months in the house...the nerve!

Well hope you are all having great days..on the count down to home time yay

Ok well I had my scan & took Maddy & my niece & asw he began baby wasnt moving, so I panicked & stopped breathing so he prodded bubs & it started kicking & punching & then we listened to the heart beat & the guy showed all the bits etc to the kids, he said bubs was perfectly healthy & all was fine, Maddy asked if he could see the gender & the guy said he could look but did I want to know, I looked down at big puppy dog eys (Maddy) & seemed to nod...

He pointed out that it was not a good time to determine sex as it can be difficult, but he said it looks like a PENIS here to me!!!

So I am certainly not taking it as gospel as he said it could be the cord or a swollen girl... But I figure I will ask now at the 20wk scan, I may as well!!!

Yippeee my baby is OK!

Woo Hoo Trace!! Great knews, I hope the penis stays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ohhhhh Trace what wonderful news. Im so glad that your precious baby is ok and how wonderful...a little boy.

Cass that is so rude of the landlord ..youd have thought with all your hassles they wouldnt want to do anything but pacify you lol....whooohoo on finding your own place too..sounds great.

Storm its so normal to be nervous... you will get the hang of it again and no doubt Soph the supermum will be able to give you a few pointers of taking two littlies out. Too long ago for me to remember lol..but then I never really had a runner like Sammy and Zaccie...hehe.

Jo

Oh Brooke sending you happy and relaxing vibes! Don't worry Lucie had a TOTALLY feral week or so too, only the last few days she has been half pleasant again! Maybe it's just a feral age?

Storm - You will be fine matey. I get out for at least a few walks a day to keep me sane. We all get up about 6am when Lucie wakes, Ned still usually is asleep. I feed Lucie then perhaps Ned and then throw them in the pram and walk to the supermarket to get the groceries for the day. After Lucie's sleep around 9.30/10am (usually about 2 hours) I usually throw them in the pram again and head to the park. Lucie sometimes has lunch on the run in the pram or we head out after lunch. I like to get her to the park and have found it's heaps easier if I have Ned in the Baby Bjorn so I can catch Lucie if she runs off! Luckily Ned is a pretty cruisy baby and hardly cries (touch wood), it would be heaps harder otherwise. Whenever I am feeding Ned too I need to put on a DVD for Lucie or else she climbs all over me and Ned. I don't really like her watching so much television but it's really a lifesaver - whatever makes life easier I say! Good luck, you will be fine. Even if you get out for a 5 minute walk around the block I reckon it's good for your headspace.

Trace - WHOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO for your little boy. I reckon Maddy new, told ya Digger was a masculine name!

Cass - Ah well whatever job pays the bills I guess. My principle is work to live not live to work! And hey at the moment I just love to live LOL!

Jo - I neer do a big shop now at the supermarket - I go daily and just get what I need (gets me out of the house and I can fit it all under the pram!). So we don't have trolley dramas but I can imagine it would be starting to get tough. Maybe soon when our munchkins udnerstand more like 'stay here' and 'come back' in might be easier, or maybe they will just get even faster and run off on us LOL.

MIL, FIL and BIL all arrive tomorrow for Ned's baptism Sunday. Can't believe he'll be 4 months soon. He's rolling around like a mad thing, not long till he'll be crawling I guess :eek:

WOAH, 4mths already.... NO way!???? Are you sure!????

I added pic's of my scan on my site!! hee hee what a profile, oh so cute!

Now who was wanting hair??? Put in an order, see how long it is!

LOL Brooke and Trace - yeap 4 months next Sunday!

Hey girls! Sorry to be such a stranger! I haven't forgotten you all...have just been away and like Cass, I have had my DH home for a few weeks and have been enjoying my time with my boys!

So much to catch up on!

First of all, huge congratulations to you Storm on the birth of your little Angel! She looks just beautiful in your ticker photo. I hope you are feeling better soon and I hope your milk supply picks up. I can vouch for the Aktivite recipe too. It did a great job for me when I was BF Josh. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your little girl...

Soph, I'm glad to hear that Ned is doing better now after his trip to hospital. He sounds like such a cruisy little fella. I hope the baptism goes well. Good on you going to boot camp too!

Rae, It's great to hear that you got the all clear from Tia's amnio. I understand the relief that you must have felt getting those results. I'm sorry to hear that she is facing these problems with her heart, but it sounds like she is in very good hands and with such a loving family around her she is bound to thrive. I love her name too!

Tracey, a little boy, how awesome!! I'm really sorry to hear about your friend. I hope his family (and you) are doing ok. Josh isn't walking yet either. He loves his hippo walker and is happy to cruise up and down the house, but he just isn't interested in trying it on his own. Like you said though, in their own time...

Jo, wow, you and Darren must be feeling such a sense of freedom with the decision to give up his day job. It sounds like a great decision for your family. Bring on Thursday!

Brooke, I would love to have a meet up too when you are up to it. I'm generally fine any weekday except Friday, so a Monday would suit me too. I hope you can get a bit more rest than you have been getting...

Cass, your holidays sound divine! Beach and sleep. It's such a shame when you have to go back to work. Good luck with the house hunting. Are you looking in the same area that you are in now?

Fletch, I'm so glad to hear that everything is ok after your scare! And good to hear that bub is still a boy! How's your BP going?

Louise, sounds like Maria is doing really well. Will be lovely to see you both again when we have a meet up.

Alex, how are you and your little guys doing?

Well, we are finally settling back in at home after a couple of trips away over the past few weeks. We had Christmas away at my mum's at Port Macquarie and had some time away this week at a resort up in the Hunter Valley. It was so nice, we just swam lots and relaxed.

DH has to go back to work on Monday and I go back on Friday. I've had to change my shifts around so I'm doing all day shifts (night shifts weren't agreeing with me) so I have to work every Friday & Saturday now. (DH has every Fri, Sat, Sun off, so I work on his days off so we can look after Josh between us). It means we only get one day off together each week and I have to work every weekend, but it's only about 9 weeks until I go on maternity leave so we can do that.

Anyway, had better go as this post has been pretty long. Will talk to you all again soon!

Love Bec

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast