Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born December 2005 #11

have had a rough day..be on tomorrow..

well we had a very fussy day yesterday, its been awhile since we've had one of those so was a bit stressed out..and then to top it off we went to docs for owens 6 mth check and she said he has a heart murmur!!she said it sounds like he has a small hole..so now we have to go to paediatrician and a cardiologist for further tests..am so worried about my poor little bunny!!The doc said usually these probs present combined with a failure to thrive(which owen obviously does not have-he was 9.8kg!!put on 900g in 3 weeks since our last visit for needles!!!!)and she said hes also above average in his development-coordination, communication etc, so didn't seem super worried, but i am..guess its a mum thing!!
    anyway i better go and get the boy his brekky!!will bbl..
    Have a great day all!!
    xx

Christie, I can understand your worry. Im sure it's nothing, but a mum does worry. I had the same with Coco's liver, it was a constant worry. not to mention the cysts in her brain. But im thinking of you and hope you get to find out very soon to ease your mind.

We had the fussiest night EVER. I am so tired. She didn't cry but she moved all night. I think I should really just not sleep in the same room at all. It's just that she woke at midnight and then Tim wanted to go into tilly's room so he could sleep, so I was stuck with coco. It just doesn't work. The only alternative is bringing Tilly's bed into our room and the three of us sharing and then coco has her own room. It's all just such a nightmare it doesn't bare thinking about...Why couldn't those people have bought our house. Anyone saying 4 in a 2 bedroom is fine, have not had 4 in a 2 bedroom!!!! (particularly with a wakeful baby..)

anyway, gotta run. I have to do school lunch and feed coco. How's everyone else been? Beck, how is your head today?
    xoxo

Hey ladies!

So sorry I haven't been around...sounds like we've all had a tough few days! My head is ok, still have a lingering headache almost 48hrs since my fall so chances are I did have mild concussion. About to eat my late breakfast - egg on toast to get a bit of protein into me as I've only eaten some chicken broth & steamed vegies since 2 days ago.

Meg - as uninticing as it sounds; maybe moving Tilly into your bedroom for a few days and letting Coco have the room to herself would be an option? Sounds like Tilly is a good little sleeper; and you & Tim certainly aren't getting much sleep at all. I know it wouldn't do anything for your privacy, but from what I recall I don't think you guys have had a night for a long time where one of you haven't crashed in Tilly's room anyway? Once again, your old fuddyduddy neighbours should be shot for wrecking your sale of your unit.

Christie - you poor hon! I hope that Owen's hole in his heart (if that's what it turns out to be) heals on it's own and doesn't need any medical treatment as such. WTG on the great measurements! Maddy is starting to sound like a lightweight; although she is a girl and I know my nephew was nearly 10kgs at just over 4 months! Did he have his 6 month injections yesterday?

Nothing much happening here, just a very messy house to neaten up when I have the energy. Going to throw a sausage casserole on in a few minutes 'cause I know DH loved it last week.

Maddy is sleeping - has been sleeping alot since her needles yesterday morning, although sadly she only slept 8pm - 11pm last night before coming back to bed with us and wriggling for hours on end. Eventually got fed up with it and put her back to her bed from 3am-5am.

well just got off the phone from making owen's appts..we got lucky!!we've got cardiologist in the morn at 10.45, then paediatrician on monday arvo 2pm.both cancellation appts, the paediatrician usually has a 4 mth wait!!!unbelievable!!!the cost is giant(paed-$210 and cardiologist-$500 for consultation+echo)but thankfully mum is lending us the money..at least we'll get some answers asap!!no point stressing about what we don't know for any longer than needed..thanks for your support girls!!
    also beck, glad you're feeling better sorry bout your fall..
    and meg, i know its def not ideal but maybe moving tilly in with you for a couple of weeks might help??
    talk later

Hey everyone, hope all is well? Have missed you guys. I ahve so much to catch up on and have so much to say but i will do this in the next couple of days.
    Hannah and I are both doing well.
    Thanks so much for everyones warm 6th month wishes.

Christie great to hear you got your appts for Owen so quick!!!!
    Meg i have to agree with the other girls, try Tilly in your room.
    Beck You have been in the wars, hope you are ok. Hope Maddy sleeps for you tonight!!
    I just thought i would make that a really quick catch up with whats been going on in the last day or so.

Hannah has her two bottom teeth!!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hey Christie, I hope you don't mind me popping in here, but I just wanted to reassure you that heart murmurs, while sounding scary, can be completely innocent. If it was an abnormal murmur, then Owen would have all the symptoms your Doctor mentioned, failure to thrive etc, but 99% of the time they are innocent ones that require not treatment and will go away on their own.

A heart murmur is simply the sound the blood makes in between the beats of the heart and sounds like a wooshing.

Erin was born with a small hole in her heart (VSD) and she had a heart murmur. She is completely fine now and like Owen, she thrived as a baby and was way ahead in her developmental milestones (she was crawling at 4.5 months). Our GP sent us to a Peadiatrician just to be on the safe side.

I am sure Owen will be fine and that there will be no problem.

hi everyone, thssherieb, thanks so much for the reassurance!!i was looking thru the posts on here trying to see if it was mentioned anywhere, but couldn't find it..am glad to hear that someone else has been thru this and is ok!!we are seeing the cardiologist for an echo tomorrow so will know more then i assume, but it is certainly a scary time..when you hear 'hole in the heart' you automatically think open heart surgery i guess..well, i do..and then to look at my little bubba..well, just scary!!but i am staying positive at this stage..will update tomorrow..
    night all

Hello Ladies,
    My godness, whe it rains it poors.
    I hyave the flu so does Jett and I have my back wisdom tooth trying to come through (it is impacted) and I think Jett's teeth may be coming through. Good I pray they are.
    It sounds like June has been a bad month for everyone, it is nearly July and it can only get better. That is what I keep telling myself.
    Beck - you poor thing, bloody rugs. Jett gopt on of those rug for his room the one that has a road on it, and i nearly went A over T on it the other day, .
    What a brave girl Maddy was for her injections, at least that is it for 6 months.
    Christie - I am feeling for you. When I went to the pead with Jett they told me the same thing so it must be pretty common. It is great that you have got your appointments so soon, it will ease your mind a bit knowing you only have to wait till Monday. Big Hugs for you both.
    Rach - Glad to hear that all is well with you and Hannah. before you know it she will have a full mouth of teeth. I think that Jett will be a gummy shark forever. He is showing all the signs of teething but the little things just won't appear.
    Meg - Funny you talk about cysts in her brain, when I was having my last ultra sound with Jett they said that the baby(Jett) had a small cyst. The Sonagrapher then told me not to worry as it is completly normal after going on and on about it for 30 minutes(the whole US). Ben and I walked out with our heads spining and didn't really get to enjoy the look at our baby.
    You poor thing, our living areas are small no tiny. But we have three bedrooms so I guess that is good. I really hope that you sell very very soon. I know what it is like living in shoebox on top of each other.
    Maybe try Tilly in your room if it isn't to much mucking around.
    Mel - Hope you are all doing well, I haven't had a chance to catch you on msn I have been flat out with grizzle pot.
    Sarajo - Hope you are all having a great time, hope to hear from you soon.
    Oh the interview went very well, gosh I don't think I am ready to go back to work.
    Anyway hope everyone else is going great.
    Night All xoxox

Dani, it sounds as though we're in teh same situation. I spent 3 hours up with a screaming coco last night, and I am SURE it was teeth, but this morn her gums are all back to normal, temps gone, she's happy. Yesterday she had temp, swollen gums etc. i so want teeth so I can blame that.
    I have not had a night like last night before. it was a nightmare. I was up with her from 11.30-2.30am. I ended up giving her panadol, neurofen, water, breastfeed, bonjela....and she only went to sleep after three hours becuase she was exhausted. I didn't even get to sleep again before she woke AGAIN. It was truly a horrible night. I hope it's not the same again tonight. Im meant to be going to dinner tonight with mums group, but don't think I'll be able to stay up past 7pm (if Im lucky).
    Enough whinging, sorry.
    Christie, it sounds as though it's a common thing. I know that won't make you feel any better, but I do know of someone who's baby had a hole in their heart and he is fine, no op necessary. at least you don't have to wait long, that is definitely the worst part. Good luck, will be thinking of you and praying all is ok with little Owen.
    better go, will be back at some stage later. xoxo

Christie, Erin's VSD was discovered at the 20wk scan and when the OB said, "hang on, there's something wrong with the heart", I think i nearly died then and there. Thanks God DH was with me or I would have been beside myself. Luckily he said it was only a pin***** size hole which should have closed over by the time she was born, but it didn't, hence the heart murmur.

All the best for today and I am sure little Owen will be given the all clear.

BIG hugs Meg {{{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}}}, was a rough night here too but nothing as bad as you had. Maddy was really unsettled thanks to the needles I think, was squealing and chatting most of the night. Drove me nearly insane and even woke up my DH who would normally sleep through a hurricane.

Christie - best of luck for today, I'm sure Owen will be absolutely fine but I'm sure you will feel a lot better after the appointments. We'll all be thinking of you!

Dani - sorry to hear that you and Jett have been unwell. Ouchies on your tooth being compacted, and hope that little Jett stops being a gummy shark soon!

Just locking this thread now girls.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678