Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2005 #11

Sami Guest

Happy 6 months Abby.

I'm a bit slow on it this morning. Got up to watch the soccer - exciting game.

Dani - I'm sending you and Jett a big kiss and hug and tell Ben to get off his backside and start helping. Just remember I used to work in a law firm so I know some good lawyers!!!! Only joking. You will work through it and everything will be okay. If you need anything just let me know.

Meg - How was Tilly's play? I love kids plays I think that they are great. How is Coco going?

Clare - I hope that Torrin isn't in too much pain. I couldn't imagine a little one in that situation. You are wonderwoman for sure!!! Hope things improve for you.

Sara - sounds like you are having an absolute ball. Congratulations on becoming an Aunty. It is just the best. I love being an Aunty.

I'm not very happy this morning. Bailey went back down after his feed at 5:00 which was perfect timing for the soccer and I went back to bed when it finished only to have the phone ring at 7:15 it was my MIL. Not happy. DF is building a shed and she wanted to know whether to make my FIL lunch!!! Just bloody make it and if he eats it well and good if he doesn't - give it to the bloody SHEEP!!!! Sorry had to vent. Today is going to be a very tiring day. I think when Bailey has a sleep I might as well.

Love to you all and your babes.

Oh Sami, did your MIL's phone call wake Bailey?! Grrr....silly woman. Couldn't she ring his mobile, or if he doesn't have one....call at a DECENT time?! Rude! Hope the little one goes back to sleep quickly for you, so you can have a sleep too!

HAPPY 6th MONTH BIRTHDAY little Abby Jo! Hope you're enjoying yourself in Ohio Sara; and congrats on becoming an Auntie for a 2nd time in a few months. We miss having you in here frequently though!

WAHOO on the laptop Melly! That was so nice of your Mum; you must have been so excited. Is it wireless enabled, cause then you could roam about your house with your laptop logging onto Belly Belly! You're doing so well to be trying to study and be a Mummy; especially with how things are at the moment with your ex.

Well, I'm still excited about the Socceroos making it through to the 2nd round! That was so awesome to wake up to watch a match at a semi-decent time! Had to wake Maddy up just before 5am (the kick-off) because she'd been asleep for 6 hrs and my boob was about to explode!

Sami Guest

He has just dozed off - will talk to you all soon - going to catch some zzzzzzzzzz

Hi guys! Been very busy on BB!!
    My little coco has been saying dadda since yesterday!! This is very exciting for us as she won't roll, sit, crawl etc!!! Tim is rather excited!! Trust her to say dad before mum!! She was saying bubba the day before, so Im saying that's her first word!
    DAni, I HEAR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SInce Coco's fabulous all nighter she has gone down hill, more so each and every night. Last night she woke at 8pm, 8.30pm, midnight, 3.30am...and from there she prob went back to sleep at about 4.30am until 7am. Only thing is I did not feed her or get her out of her cot. I think like you, TIm gets her into bed with him, so I've put him off duty, and I just have to suffer through it. It means that for 6 nights I have been up since 3.30am, and I am a WRECK. .. So Dani, Im here with you adn it totally sux!! I hope Jett starts to improve, I have no advice obviously but will let you know if things improve here. Im just trying to stick with the keeping her in her cot. Im also hoping it's teeth, Im sure the gums felt a litlle swollen this morn (wishful thinking maybe).

Sarajo, so glad you're having a great time. Can't believe you're finally there with little Eddie. I remember when he was born!! And HAPPY 6 MONTHS to Abby Jo, wow, how time flies!!

Beck, yay on Maddy's sleep. Maybe you should have a pump on hand so you can express if she's asleep! Also, if she keeps it up, your body will adjust and you won't have to feed or express at that time. I am on 3 feeds now and no night feeds, and I have adjusted, thank goodness. hate the full boob feeling!! yay for the socceroos. I haven't watched or followed any of it, but it is exciting that they're through. can't help but catch some of that aussie spirit! (reminds me of when the Olympics were in Syd...absolute highlight of my life...LOVED IT)!!

Mel, that's so great about the laptop adn congrats on studying. Good on you!! Im doing p/t and thought that was an effort, so well done on thefull time. I think it's very well worth it and it's a great time to do it!!

Everyone else, hope you're all doing well. Gotta go and give my girl some exercise before bed!! She is holding her sippy cup and spraying water everywhere (im using the avent bottel adn just got handles to go with it, quite a good idea).
    talk later and have a good day all xoxoxo

tiggy Guest

Wow you girls can talk!

HAPPY HALFWAY ABBY!!!!
    glad you're having a great time sarajo!

Dani, sorry that you had a bad night, I could have called you and we could have talked!(didn't think to get on BB d'oh)
    Ivy and Noah went ballistic last night and no one in this house got any sleep. They've woken up this morning all snotty and coughing so that was probably the problem. I just wish they could have told me last night.

Wonderwoman, so sorry to hear about your little guy's arm. Hope it heals soon.

Melly, yay on the study! You are amazing.

Meg, Kate, Bec, Christy,Sami Hi!
    Meg WOW at Coco! What a smart, cutie little girl. Sorry about AF, I hope she never comes knocking on my door again!
    Bec, hope your boob got some relief.
    Kate, have you had the Bubsincharacter photos done yet?
    Christy, poo to AF for you too. Have you done another test?
    Sami at your MIL, doesn't she remember what it was like to have kids?

Well, I'm off to the chiro today for another Ivy adjustment and then I'm going to the kids' school for Grandparents day. I know I'm not a granny but I have to go to hold Mum's hand hehe, the kids go to a christian school and my mum is SO NOT a believer! She openly tells anyone who will listen that there is no such thing! (God). SO it's more for the teachers' protection more than anything.

Tiggy that's funny that you are going to protect the teachers!!!! I went to grandparents day recently for my SIL !! (she is 9, and I am not a granny, but still got invited..very funny).
    I hope the twins don't get sick. im hoping coco is not going to get sick again. Tilly has a sore ear and I so hope it doesn't a)develop into anything worse and b) spread. Both my girls have had their fair share of antibiotics.
    I really should go and have a mini nap. Coco will prob wake as soon as I do!! xoxo

Where has everyone gone?
    I have to vent about our STUPID neighbours. I sent a letter out to the two tennants who get the newspaper the other day, and this morning I walked out and it was stuck up on the door for the whole block to read. I see this as trouble making. Firstly no one else gets the paper, so what business is it of theirs? Secondly I wrote the letter. shouldn't I decide if I stick it up or not? And it said in it that Im disappointed with the conduct of the people in the building (referring to the people I gave it to) so to me, this is trying to cause trouble.
    The MOST annoying thing about this whole thing is that it is HER that is causing trouble, NOT us!! We are the innocent bystanders who are being kept prisoner in our unit block,. Honestly, instead of her playing games, wouldn't you think she might come down and say "by the way, Im sorry I lost your sale for you". Instead she's making trouble. I so don't get it.
    Ok, sorry about that. Gotta go as we've got open house today. It was so nice not having it when we thought we were selling!!
    Hope you have all had a great sleep. Ours was same as usual, a few (too many) wake ups, but no getting out of bed.
    talk soon xoxoxo

Hi meg,
    Your neighbours just keep surprising me with just what big jerks they are!!it doesn't stop with them does it!?!i think you need to just go and give them what for..just have it out with them..easier said than done i know..maybe send tim??they are so horrid..i think i'd be insane!!vent on here as much as you need to..if we lived therei think ben would def be in jail for murder by now!!he has such a short temper for people like that..i do to, but am too wussy to do anything!!
    Anyway, am home alone(well just me and Owen)so i'm going to bed now to get an early night..
    night all..sleep vibes!!
    xx

Christie, Tim was so furious that he did go and have it out with them, but they're so old it's like talking to a brick wall. Have since found out teh main culprit wants to hand over the title of director to someone younger, WHY ON EARTH didn't she say that to the potential buyers. Im just so angry that they scared them off for no reason. anyway, we still haven't given up, the nice neighbour is going to give it one more shot, invite them over and have a big chat to them and tell them the truth!! Fingers crossed for this one!!
    Coco slept well last night, 7.30-6am and then back to sleep until 7.20am. YEY. Probably a one off, but it was good adn Im happy with the sleep I got!!!
    We have a mothers group picnic today, for the partners to meet everyone!! I just love my MG, Im so glad they're such great organisers!! We are then going to dinner next thurs night, to farewell one of teh mums who's moving to England.
    Off now to cook Coco some fruit. HOpe everyone slept well. Beck, how is Maddy going?
    xoxo

Hey ladies! Sorry I've been AWOL, PILs had been down since Wednesday night and we took them to the airport this morning. They're off to Rockhampton for 2 months to work and then we get them back here for 6 weeks which will be great. We were thoroughly spoilt too, they bought me a pair of jeans and some shirts from Jeans West so now I feel like less of a dero! *L*

Ok, well aside from a few tantrums here and there, Maddy has been FANTASTIC! My little princess was 6 months yesterday and last night she had her longest straight sleep during the night yet. 9pm-4:40am. Was very impressed with her and I sort of had to wake her up at that point because my boobies were extra full and she had turned herself width-ways in the cot. 6 1/2 hrs sleep through the night before so hopefully despite her injections coming this Tuesday, this will continue at night. Moving her to her own room has been the best decision we've made.

We went to Dreamworld on Friday night with my twin brothers & sister on Screamworld night. They open the park from 6:30pm through til 10:00pm and they have the big 5 rides (The Claw, Wipeout, Tower of Terror, Giant Drop & the Cyclone) running without lights! *LOL* I'm not much of the extreme kind of person anymore so I went on hte Tower of Terror and some more tame rides - bumper cars, mine ride etc. Was alot of fun and the longest we've been away from our girl. She stayed at home with Grandma & Papa from 5:30pm through til 9pm and even slept 2 1/2 hours for them. *rolls eyes* She wouldn't have slept for me.

As for food, we've been trying out lots of the baby food jars just to get an idea of what she likes. Started boiling & mushing up vegies myself but I found I was wasting alot and it was time consuming. She loves potato and pumpkin off my plate. Otherwise, the Cereal with Apple & Blueberry is a fav with her, stewed pears & banana is another top one. Her reaction to Pumpkin & Sweet Corn was hilarious. She spat it everywhere and every time she could even smell a spoonful, she refused to open her mouth. *L*

How are all of you ladies going? Having a relaxed weekend with DH/DPs and your bubbies I hope!

We're hoping to go and watch 'Stick It' at the movies tonight.

beck, do you think maybe the problem has been that with maddy in your room, you have woken at every move she makes, and then you get up to her? I know that if Im in with coco, EVERY noise wakes me and I usually end up waking her when I jump up to check her! Anyway, fabulous news that Maddy slept so well, how did she go last night?

coco did ok last night, but she was awake for a good half an hour at 8pm (she went to sleep at 7pm) I ended up giving panadol. Then Tilly woke up with a very sore throat, so gave her neurofen. I SOOO hope Coco doesn't get sick again, don't know how I'll cope. I just hate winter when it brings all the sickness. Tilly never used to get sick, but last time during winter was sick 3 times. Guess it's happening again...not happy jan. I also thought Coco's gums felt swollen last night, but still no sign of teeth.
    \
    Mums group picnic was lovely!! It was beautiful weather until 3pm when the sun disappeared and we all had to go as we were freezing!! But up until then it was lovely and it was great to meet the hubby's!!

Well, I've got Tilly home today, so guess it's going to be a long day. Im sure I'll be back on here at some stage, just have to take Tilly to the Dr's.
    hope everyone slept welll xxooxo

Hey Meg! Glad that Coco slept better last night but sorry to hear that little Tilly is sick at the moment!

Maddy slept 6.5hrs last night from 8:30pm, but she's struggling to sleep past that 7 hours straight mark. *sigh* It's almost easier to put her to bed at 10-11pm so then she's asleep until about 5am. She was asleep and in bed at 8:30pm last night but I was up just before 3am bringing her back to bed for a feed. She was a very hungry little monkey when I brought her back to bed.

She's getting there Beck!! Well done Maddy!!
    I decided to dose tilly up with neurofen, and sent her to school. She was already hypo and it was not even 9am, couldn't have coped!
    Im currently trying to get coco to sleep in her sleeping bag, she is NOT going to sleep. She thinks it s so exciting to look at her hands and throw her dummy!! Don't think we are ready to get rid of the wrap!!
    how's everyone else going? Sarajo, how is your holiday??
    xox

What's going on Dec buddies?? you've all disappeared!
    How is everyone going? We had a good night until 5am when she cried on and off until 7am (I left her in cot the whole time). SHe is now crying again and I just can't get her to sleep. Mind you I will not get her up until she's had her sleep. Better go adn settle oxoxox

Hi all of you lovely Ladies,
    OMG I have been so slack flu, which is just great!!!!
    I havenít felt like doing anything, I didnít even go to my motherís group last week (I have never missed one, cause I love going)
    I have had a full on child; it seems to be the case with us all at the moment. Jett is so grizzly and clingy at the moment. I was talking to my friend Bec and she says that at this age they go through separation anxiety, it is a big developmental stage for them, good I hope it passes soon.
    I hope everyone else is going well, time for some personal, gosh I am behind.
    Meg Ė Oh how you are going to laugh, I went to my local fruit and veg and asked after chocko??? He is going to try and get me some (he look at me as if I was mental, hehehe). I canít wait it is one veg that I have never tried.
    I am the same as you I canít get Jett to sleep; mind you he is in bed now. I hope she starts to sleep, sounds like you had a good one last night.
    It must be the age to stop wrapping, I was fighting jet to sleep the other night and thought I might try him in his sleeping bag. After playing for about 20 minutes he went to sleep, Yeh.
    Hope Tilly is feeling better.
    Sarajo Ė Happy 6 Month Birthday Abby Hope that you are having a great hoilday.
    Clare - I am so sorry to hear about Torin. The poor little fella.
    Beck - Happy 6 Month Birthday Maddy:happybirthday:
    Gotta go be back for some more personal when Jett is resting again, who knows when that may be??

Hi Dani, I hope your flu is going. You should get the vaccine, VERY good investment!! Poor you, I hope Jett stays well!
    I tried the no wrapping, didn't work, we are wrapping again!! Will keep wrapping at least for winter.
    I have just heard the most horrible story on the news and I feel sick and sad. A little 8 year old girl has been murdered in a toilet at a shopping centre in Perth. She was found with no clothes on. What a TRAGEDY. I just can not comprehend such a crime and what that poor little thing went through. Then her poor 14 year old brother found her. I hope they find the guy and someone kills him (woudl be good to have capital punishment at this point, maybe they coudl bring it in just for this awful excuse for a human).
    i am in shock and feel sick. I will be back later. xoxo

Sorry I've been AWOL...will try and log on again tonight when I'm feeling better.

Basically I had a fall yesterday morning when I caught my foot on the edge of the carpet and hit my head on the floor. It developed into a headache and by 8pm last night I was laid up with vomitting and diarrohea. Threw up every hour from then until 9am this morning; DH had to take the day off to watch Maddy.

He took Maddy for her immunisations which she wasn't too impressed with. She is 7.160kg, 43cm head circumference and 65cms tall. Right smack in the middle which we're all happy with.

Hope you're all doing well, I'm still resting up but will try and get on later and catch up with you all.

Goodness me Beck, you poor thing. I hopeyou have recovered. Lucky you weren't carrying maddy.
    holding coco now, back later xoxo

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast