Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2005 #11

My goodness this washing just never ends, I feel like all I have been doing for the last 2 days is washing.
    Jett is getting better with the sleeping, He woke at 6:30 and I gave him so Demazin cause he was really snotty and then he got up at 9am. I canít complain but now our day will be out of wack.
    I have just been to the chemist and got a heap of stuff, got one off those fess for little noses. He hates it and wonít let me put it near his nose. I know Sam uses it but does anyone else? Any pointers on how I can use it without having a screaming match?
    Beck Ė You poor thing, I know how you feel. Jett and I went through a stage like that when the only time he would sleep is when he is on my chest. It made for a very sore shoulder from holding him for hours. Maddy sounds just like Jett used to be, sometimes still is of late.
    I have wedged his mattress up on a slight angle just in case he has some silent reflux (the hospital told me to do this); I have just put an old phonebook under it.
    I know it is no help but I revert back to the controlled crying thing every time Jett has a bad day, I donít pick him up or go in until he is really screaming in distress. It sounds cruel but they do learn that if they cry out for you that you will go in.
    Meg Ė Wow, we have a bit in common hey.
    Jett has the radio going while he sleeps. It seems to help as our bloody dogs bark at everything that goes past the place and it drives me mad.
    Bloody newspapers, it must e driving you mad. I couldnít help myself I would be going out there in my PJís and have a bloody word to them.
    Claire - Happy 6 Month Birthday to Torin & Siobhan , hope the two cuties had a good day.
    Rach - Happy 6 Month Birthday Hannah
    Kate Ė Are you having your wisdom teeth out? I have to book in to have mine taken out. I have just been to see the maxiofacial surgeon, as I canít have them taken out in the chair.
    My goodness that sounds just like Jett but he hasnít got the top of bottom teeth. He is mega grizzly; I just hope these teeth make an appearance soon.
    Betta go and get dinner organised I haven't got my SC yet. Maybe next week.

Sami Guest

Hi,

Dani - how are you going? I was going to call but didn't just in case I woke Jett. I have been thinking of you and wanted to make sure that everything is okay.
    With the Fess for little noses I give Bailey his dummy to play with and that keeps him occupied. Plus it helps if you have someone to hold his head while you do it.

I haven't got my SC yet either. I'm sure that they will be on sale because of the end of financial year.

Opps got to go Bailey has just woken up and is screaming - yuk yuk

Hi guys!!
    Dani, I just had to basically wrestle coco to get the fess happening (I didn't do the drops, just the other thing). Or if someone's around, get them to hold his arms!I also had coco wedged up on phone books, and have actually had them there for months!! Think it's prob good to have a slight slant
    Beck, i was thinking, I have always been told it's sooo important to have a predictable routine for bubs (of course you can still do things, but mostly to follow routine). So the night routine is the most important. Every night without fail we do dinner at 5pm plus milk, and then bath, then quiet play, bottle and bed at 7pm. Always the same . If we're out, I still feed at around the same time, but would bath before we went, say 4.30pm. I always try to be home to have her in bed by 7.30pm. the odd night doesn't matter, but they learn what is happening. SAme with bedroom routine, we have nappy, cd on, then wrap, then bed, then I go and get a dummy. Maybe it would help maddy knowing what was coming next (of course you may well follow routine every day already) but I think bath is good at night to help them relax and signal night time.
    I so hope maddy sleeps better tonight.
    Our saus casserole is smelling DIVINE!!
    Rach, where are you? happy b'day Hannah, Torin and Siobhan
    lxoxox

Sami Guest

We do the same Meg. Bath, feed, milk and then Bailey knows its bedtime. Even when we are out or at someones place I still try to do the same thing but unfortunately we don't have a bedtime of 7pm it is more like 9pm. We have tried to get him down earlier but he will not go. He actually screams the house down and gets himself so worked up.

Happy 6 Months to Hannah, Torin & Siobhan!!

Just a quick note, Logan is being very clingy still. ATM he's on my lap trying to reach the keyboard. He's been doing ear piercing screams, some times when he's happy/excited and other time it just seems he wants to do them simply because he can. It's driving me crazy!

I got him a highchair today, had a 'spend $50 and get $10 off' voucher for Target so I just got a sesame street compact highchair since it was reduced from $99 to $69 and then got my $10 off yay lol.

I went to an information night at the University last night, have applied for Intensive Open Foundation. I got home and thought "OMG What have I done?" Oh well, I will give it a go, I just have to find childcare for Logan. Worse case scenario is I have to drop out and can just do part time next year.

More screaming from Logan, going to put him in his high chair so he can watch me wash up.. BBL hopefully

Hi Girls,
    HAPPY 6 MONTH TORIN & SIOBHAN & HANNAH
    Just a question..what are porcupine meatballs??am very interested!!
    We've had a great day..Owen seems to be settling down again..did i tell you he got his first 2 teeth on fri and yesterday??well he did, so things have been pretty feral here..but today he had 3 2hr sleeps and i had 2 of them!!!so am feeling good..no that i've stopped b/fing i finally got AF back today..after 15mths yucko!!Owen did the cutest thing today..he was chattering to our dog, and she must've done something funny(she didn't actually move at all-obviously they have their own language!!)because he just started cracking up he must've laughed for 2 mins straight..it was the cutest belly laugh!!he even threw his head back he was laughing that much..when he stopped the dog barked at him and he started up again!!it was hilarious!!
    Meg, sorry your neighbours and newspaper guy are such jerks!!!good on you for writing another letter!!
    Beck, Owen used to have to be cuddled to sleep and we went to sleep school and it was honestly less than 2 days til he was self settling!!just an idea..hope you're ok!!
    Kate, hopefully those little toothies come thru soon!!early mornings suck don't they!!unfortunately owen's an early riser since ben's alarm goes off at 5.50am i think owen has trained himself to wake around this time!!he slept in til 7.15 this morn..bliss!!funny how different our perspectives are on this time of morning!!
    Dani, i found propping the mattress up really made a difference to owens breathing and sleeping when he had a cold..hope jett feels better soon..also, we just use the normal fess, with the nasal spray..once you spray it up there everything just pours out..owen hates it too but it is way quicker and easier than that little sucker!!hope you have toothies there soon too!!
    Sami, i hope bailey is going well!!i know that target had an SC on sale last week for $45 for a 6 ltr one..that was 40% off..but with all the sales i'm sure you'll get one..still haven't got mine out of the cupboard!!must do that!!

Hi to Rach, Sarajo, Tiggy, Leanne and everyone else i've missed..hope you're all ok..we haven't heard from you a while..

Better go cook dinner..i'm all 'cooked out' this arvo..cooked up some peas, corn, pumpkin and sweet potato for owen..but at least its done now!!
    Last edited by totalbabe77; June 21st, 2006 at 05:20 PM.

Happy 6 month Birthday Siobhan & Torin and to Hannah Rose!!
    Clare & Rach can you believe your babies are 6 months old already!!!!!!! How exciting! Its going so fast isnt it!

Tiggy I hope Ivy is ok. How did you go with the lactation consultant? Re-establishing BF sounds hard but Im sure you can do it. Poor little Ivy! Good to hear that Noah is well though! Jasmine slept with her arms up around her head up until she was 5 months old, now theyre placed next to her head for easy access to the thumb LOL

Dani Yes Im having my top wisdom teeth out. Theyre impacted, growing sideways into my other teeth...causing me loads of pain every day but finally I got my surgery date today, it will be 10th July. My bottom ones came out in the chair and I recovered immediately, but Im scared about these ones. Im not too impressed with the cost either! $3000!!! Theyre just teeth lol Im thinking I should take this time while Im home with Jasmine and study Dentistry... I had no idea. Even all the work Ive been having fixing my other teeth the past 2 months has cost me a near fortune...and now this. How am I going to support my shopping habit lol!
    I hear you with the never ending washing too. I even had to buy a new dryer because mine died. I also realised that in the 4 years I have lived in this house I have never used the washing line even once. How bad is that? Any wonder I needed a new dryer LOL

Beck Sorry to hear about Maddy! I hope you are off sleeping right now and DH is helping you out heaps! I have a very different routine than everyone else, which works very well for Jasmine and I, but might not work for everyone. If you ever want me to share it with you Im more than happy to email it to you, but given you have to take DH into account with the routine it might not suit you, but let me know, I wish I could help somehow! It would be great if you could get her into a routine that suits you both. Its been a long time for you. Youre a great mum and very strong too! Like I said, Jasmine woke me up for half an hour at 5.30am the other day and I was absolutely buggered. Atleast she went back to have another huge sleep though, I wish Jasmine could share some sleep vibes with Maddy for you! I hope tonight is better.

Meg Good on you for writing a letter. Neighbours suck dont they? I also have neighbours from hell, but I think it must be worse living in units. I hope you can move out soon. Real soon.

Melly WOW Good for you!!!!!! Im so excited! What is Intensive Open Foundation? It sounds cool. Im sure you can handle it. Look what you already do! Bugger that Logan is so clingy. I wonder if it has to do with their age? Jasmine is going through this thing where she only lets certain people hold her.... Which I dont understand, but when people who she doesnt see very often want a cuddle, she chucks a complete tantrum. Usually they give her straight back, but some of the other people try and calm her down but she wont have a bar of them. Strange.

Christie WOW @ Owens teeth! YAY!! How exciting. Bugger @ AF. Sucks doesnt it LOL Obviously I got mine straight away but I was still sad. I love hearing babies laugh! And the real belly laugh. Jasmine laughs but rarely for me.... She did once for me and it was because of the dogs, but usually her Dad gets these huge laughs out of her. I have some on video and I just crack up everytime I watch it. So cute!! I always thought porcupine meatballs were meatballs with rice in them, but I could be wrong. Im definitely no cook, I just think Ive seem them somewhere. I think Lite & Easy have them for one of their meal things.....

Sami Good to hear Bailey is well. I dont put Jasmine down til late, but thats because I dont go to bed til very late, and I just dont want her to get up at 7am.... She sleeps for 12 hours so if I put her down at 9 or 10 that works better for me. She just isnt tired until then anyway and Im not about to go changing her around when it works well for both of us! Thanks for the MCHN number too, I didnt even know that existed!! Im also sorry I think I missed saying Happy 6 month Birthday for yesterday to Bailey. He is just so cute I love your ticker!

Sarajo I hope you are well, where are you!!!!!

Goodness I hope I havent missed anyone or anything. Im so out of swing with things, I need to be here more often so Im not so far behind. Its almost July and I havent even done Jasmines new June photos on her website yet....Must do them tonight!

Take Care Everyone!!!

ETA : I keep forgetting to say THANKYOU to you girls who keep sending me jokes and email forwards. I never get them anymore so I love that you guys send them to me. THANKYOU! Please send me them as often as you like. I think I have probably missed about one years worth!! Thanks! Love them!
    Last edited by k8ty; June 21st, 2006 at 06:45 PM.

Hi all,
    Just a quick one, How bad am I Jett was screaming and I had no idea why? I have started cutting out that last sleep in the day to sse if it makes his nights any better. Anyway I was trying to string him out till his dinner at 6 but he just kept screaming. I looked in the fridge and relised that I hadn't give him one of his bottles, no wonder he was screaming, he was starving.
    Oppps:eek:
    Anyway I will catch up with the post tomorrow, I am having another early night I have had a smashing headache all day and most of last night.
    Night All

Hey ladies!

Well after a struggle with Maddy yesterday (wanted to strangle her as she woke up as soon as I posted this message and her nap was all of about 15mins in all reality); we picked DH's parents up from the airport and she cried as soon as anyone picked her up other than Daddy or Mummy. *L* DH carried her around the airport in the hug'a'bub and got a few giggles from the flight attendants!

Anyway, we got home and had a feed and then a play on the floor. Maddy was squeezing her toy that makes animal noises and giggling whenever she got the mouse noises to work. Then she was sitting up on her own on the carpet for 15 mins! What a clever little chookie.

Tried to put her to sleep at 9pm, she decided she was going to scream and cry. Turned the lights right down in her room and fed her at 10pm and then put her back to bed. She went straight onto her belly, whinged for about 20 seconds and then went to sleep. Didn't wake up again until 4am! YAYYYYYY! I even panicked at 2:30am and checked on her, only to find her still snoring away on her belly.

How were all of your night's?

Today I have a driving lesson, but before I need to log onto Ticketek at midday to try and grab my Westlife concert ticket. *crosses fingers for a good seat* Other than that, we have grocery shopping tonight and we're off to the laundromat today to try and dry some of the three loads of wash that keep getting more wet whenever I try to get it dry in this weather. It's the fourth day of rain here in Brisbane.

Thanks for the six month wishes. Unfortunately I spent 5 hours in A & E with Torin on tyhe 20th. My 2 yr old was 'helping' Torin to roll over and she has fractured his arm!!!!! Poor little guy has to have his arm in a splint for 2 weeks

Clare OH NO, you are definitely a wonderwoman! POOR POOR litlle Torin that is so awful. I totally understand though, my little nephew is a gorgeous helper, but 2.5 and doesn't understand! I hope he's not in any pain.
    Beck, I thought of you this morn when I saw Westlife advertised!! Hope you get great tickets!
    Christie, I got AF back today ... BUMMER. I was just thinking last night that becuase I have reduced my feeds to three bf's a day, it might come back, sure enough, there here.... I know with tilly they were back after 6 weeks and I breastfed for one year, so I've done well not having them for almost 7 months. So hate them, and feel like crap now!!\
    I looked on recipe thread and Kate's right. The porucpine things are meatballs with rice, or some pasta, not sure. Beck will have a better explanation!! They're in teh recipe thread though, under SC recipes...will have to have a proper look!
    our sausage casserole was yummy, but the sausages I bought were beef with red wine and didn't get really really tender, were actually a chewy kind of sausage, so will try with plain sausages next time. Loved the sauce though.
    Beck ,YAY for Maddy's sleep!! Coco is not as good as last week, but we're working on it. She woke twice or three times last night, but resettled pretty well (no screaming matches) and didn't feed until 7am, so Im really happy with that. She's done that two nights.
    Im cancelling Tresillian for next week. i fear that it could go either way, worse or better. She's not so bad, and Im scared Ill make it worse.Also don't want to have to leave Tilly for a week, especially with my sick family. Not to mention my nephew (who is 2 1/2) has started waking up at night and screaming, so tilly would not sleep well. Also to be honest, Im not up for the emotions yet!! I also think it might be better if she was a bit older, often it doesn't stick if they're too young.
    have a good one all, gotta go adn clean xoxo

will go and check out the SC thread..might even get some inspiration for dinner tonight!!so can't be bothered!!
    Also, weird but i got AF yesterday and by the arvo it was gone?!?don't know whats going on..i had thought that i was preg again..eek!!did a test last week and it was neg and when i got AF was sure..but only for 1/2 a day..is this normal??
    Will post more later, have to get some morning tea for Owen.
    Have a great day!!
    xx

Yes Christie, I'd be thinking it was normal. When coco was about 10 weeks, I got AF adn it only lasted about a day, and i haven't had it since, until today!!! I'd say our bodies have been so out of it, that it takes time to adjust. I would not rely on that for not getting preg though, you can always get preggas!! Maybe you are!!!??? But I would think it will not go straight back to normal for a cycle or two. I am so bummed having period pain again...NOOOO!!!
    I will be interested to see if Coco's feeding changes, they say the milk can taste different. Mind you this morn's feed, she fed for ages.
    gotta run, it's mothers group, and as usual coco sleeps well on this morning. Always the case. She hasn't been asleep at this time for so long!!
    this arvo I am going to tillys' school to watch her school play!!
    xoxo

Sorry to hear about AF turning up girls. I've been dreading her arrival for quite a few weeks, but still no sign of her despite AFy type cramps.

Christie, I would think 1/2day seems abnormal, but given you haven't had AF in about 15 months it is probably quite normal. I'm sure it'll take your body quite a while to get back to 'normal'.

YAYYY, I have my Westlife ticket! I'm in the 5th row at basically the far right end of the stage. Either way, I'm seeing WESTLIFE!!! *L*

Edited to add: OMG Claire...I hope poor little Torin's arm heals soon, I bet poor Shayla felt so terrible about it!
    Last edited by Beckibee; June 22nd, 2006 at 01:42 PM.

eddiesmom Guest

ETA: this is Sarajo!

Hi all!! Well, it would be impossible to catch up now, especially with the 2 babies and all, but I hope all of you are doing GREAT! I am in Ohio and it is so nice to see my family! My nephew is soooo cute! I just love him to pieces!

My biggie girl is 6 months today! Woohoo! She is getting so big! SHe did so wonderfully on the flights, although is having a hard time adjusting to a new schedule and all the people here....she has not wanted to nap which makes her miss crabby pants!

OH and GREAT NEWS! I am going to be an auntie again! Don's sister announced she is due February! She is 5.5 weeks along now! YAY! Everyone is so excited!

It has been hectic here so far but I am sure things will get more relaxed soon! You should see Abby and Eddie together! Abby LOVES him and smiles and talks tohim, and he tries to grab her to pull himself up to a stand! lol!

I will try to check in here once a day or so! AF??? Oh I hope not any time soon! Sorry to you girls that have her stopping by!

ETA: OMG I just realized I posted under my sister's name! lol! This is sarajo incase any of you havent gottne that by now! lol!

Sara
    Last edited by eddiesmom; June 22nd, 2006 at 10:28 PM.

Happy 6Months Abby!
    Sara,
    I'm glad you're having a good time.

Beck, Yay on you getting a ticket to Westlife! Not bad spot either, at least you're not right up the back or something..

Christie, Boo on AF being all mysterious, if she's gonna return, she should, but not come & go like that!
    Wow about Owens teeth!

Meg, Bugger that AF has returned for you too.. Geez your neighbours suck and the stupid newspaper delivery person! I don't like most of my neighbours, I don't think I could live in units just for the fact I hate having neighbours full stop, let alone right on top of me.

Clare, Aww sorry to hear about Torin. The poor little guy.

Kate, Well,according to the information booklet "Open foundation is a tertiary program for people who have been out of the education system for some time and who hope to study in an undergraduate degree program in the future. The program is designed to provide a pathway to University for adults who have not previously pursued University studies..

Intensive Open Foundation is full time study. Basically I would have to do 2 semesters of work in 1 semester, so it'd start in mid-July and end in November. I applied to do Ancient History and Social Enquiry. LOL I was talking to Mum about the lecture halls having desks that are more suited to right handed people and it will be weird for me being left handed heh.. I mentioned I should buy a laptop one day since I can type faster than I can write (and then people can actually read it!), so tonight she came home with a "little surprise" for me, a laptop :eek: LOL That was a nice shock.

Sorry I have to let it out or I am going to scream myself.
    It is 4:11am and I have een up for 2 hours listening to my baby scream. The rule was that if I was in bed Ben would get up to him seening as he has just not long got home from work. This hasn't been the cause all week.
    I have been running on 4 hours a night and I am so over it. I am doing the controlled crying thing as I don't want him to slip back into the old habits. It looks like he is .
    Anyway betta go check on him, bloody Men
    If it wasn't for Ben picking him up and rocking him back to sleep I don't think this would have happened, I think he was just trying to help but it has undone all of my hard work.
    If he had just come to sleep school and listen or even taken and intrest it may have help. How much is a divorce?

{{{{{Dani}}}}} You poor babe...hope Jett goes back to sleep for you VERY soon!

Just had to wake up Maddy at the start of Socceroos match because my boob was about to go to sleep....she went to bed at 11pm and was still snoring away at 5am thank god. Now why couldn't I sleep well?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast