Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2005 #14

Melly - sorry to hear about your tooth as well! Bummer it gave you such a headache! What a late night! get some sleep today!! I hope your tooth feels better now!

Meg I hope Coco is having a better night for you! How are you feeling lately?

Christy -its hard to believe you are already in the third tri! Wow! How exciting for you! Do you know if it is a boy or girl yet?

Tiff I hear you about different doctors differing opinions. You would think they all studied from different books altogether sometimes! I am glad to hear the twin are getting some sleep! I really hope they all get better quickly!

Renee - how funny! abby started clicking her tongue just the day before yesterday! Don taught her that trick. Now she does it constantly! That is wonderful about Marnie settling at night now! Congrats on her waving too! How exciting!

Today it feels like I have been punched a few times in the face and head. I have been taking pain relievers, but I really feel like just going to bed! Abby is sooooo close to crawling! AS I type this she is across the room in crawling position rocking and moving ehr legs and arms and just inching from one place to the next. She is getting frustrated and crying now, betteer come to the rescue!

Mel, that's pretty amazing that you got up to go to uni, what a star!! hope all in the teeth department is now good for you and Sarajo!!
    Well, went to my course last night and came home at 9.30pm to find Tim and coco on the mattress in her room Tim asleep and coco crying so much she couldn't breath properly. I waas soooo angry. She didn't have a temp so why tim got her out of bed is BEYOND me. I was furious and spent the next hour settling her. She then woke two more times and I wouldn't get her out of her cot. Luckily she settled reasonably quickly. It's just annoying that we have to start the whole settling thing again. I've been doing it since 9 weeks, so hopefully won't take too long. Was wonderful not to have to give panadol and neurofen. 28 hours now, no meds!! Yipee.
    Tiff, so glad the twins are looking up. HOw heartwrenching it is when they're sick. I was so sad the last few days, coco was sleeping with her eyes half open looking totally drugged and it freaked me out. I know what you mean with the crying in their sleep too.
    anyway, I sure hope they continue to improve. I hoipe everyone continues to improve and all illnesses, teeth probs etc are a thing of the past!!
    xoxoxo

Oh Meg, I would have been so mad @ Coco crying and Tim sleeping with Coco out of bed! Did he say why he did that? How can you sleep with a crying baby right there? Don sleeps through Abby crying too, I just dont know how! Yay on Coco's no meds last night! And double yay to her temp being down!!

I just took an hour nap with Abby, and I let her sleep in my bed...bad mama! But at least I got some sleep that way. I got woken up by her in crawling position about 2 inches away from my face babbling away! lol!

Morning ladies!

Meg - GRRRRRRR @ Tim. I'm with Sara, how could he sleep through a child crying so heavily beside him? *rolls eyes* John does the same thing and I often wonder whether he's just pretending to sleep so he doesn't have to get up to her. How was your class? That is so great that Coco is feeling better...must have been so scary her having a fever for so long.

Sarajo - OUCH on your tooth. Big hugs... {{{{{}}}}} How is it feeling now? Dont worry about the crying...sore teeth turn me into a blubbering mess. Awwwww...you & Abby having a nap together on the bed. She sounds SOOOO close to crawling! *LOL* When Maddy was doing that rocking thing, John used to get on his knees and show her how to crawl.

Melly - SO sorry about your teeth probs too {{{{hugs}}}}, hope its feeling better today. Huge congrats on your distinction! How is Logan enjoying school?

Renee - awwww...Marnie sounds so cute. Does she have a website so we can see phtos of her?

Mel, I forgot to congratulate you on your great marks!! Well done!!
    Beck and sarajo, tim was in HUGE trouble. I think he knew she was crying (considering she was in his arms) but he was trying to block it out and sleep through. Unbelievable,I can't comprehend it either and keep having to bring it up with him.
    Beck, it was a worry her having the high temp, but both doc's did say it's quite normal, particularly with virus' that the temp can hang around for 3-5 days and be quite high (as in 38-40). I just hope all the crying hasn't inflammed her throat...poor baby.
    Off to mothers group today so might try to get a quick nap in now.
    hope everyone has a great day xxxoo

Good morning Beck! Have I told you I love the new ticker!? Maddy is such a cutie! How are you and Maddy doing? Tooth still in pain here...giving me a headache. But worse the antibiotic is not agreeing with mt stomache so I think I am going to call and get it changed tomorrow morning. I am nearly doubled over. So is Maddy actually crawling crawling now?

Renee, Im with Beck...want to see pics of little Marnie! She sounds so cute!

hi girls, haven't been here coz we had sick little bubba on our hands here..sounds like we aren't the only ones!!ended up in hospital on tues and came home yesterday..his temp got up to 39.1 and he wouldn't drink anything and just spewed every time we tried to get him to have anything..plus he didn't have any wet nappies for nearly 24 hrs..i was so scared as he was so lethargic and floppy and red from being so hot..it was horrible..but they got the fever down once he had some iv fluids and then he started drinking again..he was still pretty out of it at lunchtime yest, but by night he was much perkier, and this morn he's back to himself again..thank goodness..i was so scared!!it was horrible seeing him just lying there like that..
    am super tired since i've barely slept for days, and my preggy pelvis is aching from sitting in the worlds most uncomfy chair by his bed..am gonna go have some brekky and a lie down..but will def bbl..
    have a great day!!
    xx

tiggy Guest

Christie,
    So sorry to hear that Owen has been sick. THose Jason recliner chairs suck big time, don't they?! I don't know why they don't have a little fold out bed for parents who stay over. When we were in there was only me and one other Mum who stayed! All the other parents went home! I couldn't do that but perhaps they had their reasons.
    Glad to hear he is feeling better.

Meg OMG @ Tim. David gets no choice. I make him help. I'm sure he resents it because he is the breadwinner and has to go to work everyday but I have to work my butt off too and I bet I work harder than him too!
    Anyhow, glad to hear that Coco is a bit better and I hope that you are able to get back into a routine soon. We are having NO luck here. They both just want to be held all day and when they are not they cry. My head generally hurts by 8am, not good.

Sara, hope you are feeling better today, LOL at Abby babbling in your face!

Melly CONGRATS on your distinction!

Renee, glad to hear that you are getting some sleep, send some my way please. Lily didn't sleep through until she was three and I fear I am dealing with something similar with these two little poppets.

Awe Christie so sorry little Owen is sick! How scarey for you! I am glad he is drinking again. You poor thing, all this and pregnant! Try to take it easy and get some much needed rest today!

Tiff how are the twins feeling? I hope much much better!

Wow there are a lot of sick bubs right now! Makes me worry about our winter-season!

Y'all take care! Im off to pump and freeze yet another bag o' breastmilka dn then to bed me thinks! This medication has really depleated my milk supply..hopefully it will be back to normal soon. I am just barely making 1 extra bag a day! (about 180ml extra) If abby starts eating more, I dont know what I'll do!

Sarajo, Im sure if I expressed I'd get nothing anymore. I know coco gets enough, but I just don't think I could express...you're doing really well!!
    Christy, so sorry to hear how sick Owen was. Sounds similar to coco's, her temps were right up there at about 39. It is really scary. More so for you having to go to hospital and him not drinking. That's what I was fearing for coco. Just so glad he's on the mend. Must be extremely tough for you being pregnant. Just shows that we will be there for bubs no matter what, no matter how exhausting it is.
    Tiggy, you poor thing. Hope you get some well needed rest soon. Yes, Tim gets crap from me when he doesn't help, but I've found he's pretty damn useless at night. He had been up once on the other nights, so in his eyes, he was just too tired last night. Just makes me realise how much we really do, as I know tim couldn't do what I do. Thing is, mothers would be up all night and still work all day (I would if I had a job...) but alot of men think it's impossible. That is what also worries me about both of us working, i know I'd be the one doing ALL the home stuff, wonder what Tims exuse would be then!
    He didnt' mean to be so useless, but I don't get that Coco had been so sick, how could he let her cry like that....beyond me.
    Just back from mothers group and my head's pounding. Hoping coco will sleep now and let me nap (I know she won't...just because Im so desperate for her to sleep)!
    Sarajo, hope your winter is not filled with illness. I know with Tilly, she didn't pick anything up in winter, so it's not all bubs that get sick (that is until she was 3, then she got sick from kindy). So you might have a healthy winter!!
    talk soon xoxo

Hi Everyone

Omg hugs to all the sick bubbas! I hope everyones babies are on the mend now :doctor:

Jasmine is going very well. Its a bit stressful with her crawling around, as soon as you put her down, shes off lol! And shes a climber, always pulling herself up on things!! Scary. We also started Gymbaroo on Tuesday and she absolutely loved it. Finally they have a class of babies just her age (before when I wanted to start her, the class was mixed with toddlers) and well its just great. Funny thing is that when we had dancing time, (I hold Jasmine and we go into a circle and dance around etc) Jasmine just went nutso. Because when I say "dance dance dance" at home she kicks her legs and shakes her head.. and so the teacher was saying "dance dance dance" and everyone was just cracking up at Jasmine, who was very vocal during the whole class. Also Jasmine now claps when I say "YAYYYYY" instead of just doing it for TV or when I say clap clap clap which is just too cute and she waves, but only Bye Bye.... never hello waves LOL She waves her arm and says 'ba' which I assume is bye. She is an absolute crack up. Every day is something new, its totally priceless.

How come I cant see anyones tickers from babysite? Must be something wrong with my stupid computer.

Thankyou to all of you who left such cute messages in Jasmines guest book. I cant wait to upload more videos. It just takes soooooo long. I just am dying to show you how she reacts to music she likes. The head shaking is hysterical!

Tiggy Im thinking of you and the twins. I hope they are well, and or on the mend. Poor babies! It must be so scary for you. I feel awful because I did not know about dear William and I read your story the other day and I was so moved. You wrote it so beautifully too. You really are a supermum.

Melly WOW!!! WTG on the distinction! Thats sooooo amazing! Good on you. Im very impressed. Ouch @ your tooth. I hear you there! I know being pregnant really stuffs around your teeth, I wonder if thats what happened to yours too. Thats what I put mine down too!

Sarajo When I went to the dentist I told him I would rather go through labour again than deal with my tooth pain for one more day. Its awful isnt it. I hope yours get fixed soon. How cute that you woke up to Abby babbling in your face! Youre not a bad mum for letting Abby sleep in the bed with you!!! Id do it if Jasmine would sleep there, especially when I just want a nap myself! Hope you get well soon. Jasmine didnt get sick this winter (touch wood, only 2.5 weeks to go) I was way more sick than she was so dont worry too much! I would say just keep her indoors and away from other kids and sick adults as much as possible. PMSL @ me. Like Im an expert... not

Meg You know I think its something with the way that men are brought up. Their mothers are to blame! I hope you got a rest this afternoon. You just dont get a break, its not fair. You really are something else to have gone this far without a decent night sleep and doing all you do. How scary Coco is so sick. I hope it passes through her very soon. How unfair!

Christie I hope Owen is much better! How frightening! I hope you managed to get some rest! Those hospital recliner chairs are so weird. I think the person who decided they would be a good idea, never had to spend a night in one! Other than that, how is your pregnancy going? Im still so excited for you.

Christy Sorry to hear you have been unwell. Thankyou for changing my front page details for me too! I hope Matilida starts to sleep for you soon, atleast before the little one comes along!

Renee WOW @ Marnie clicking her tongue. You have inspired me and Im right now doing it to her. She is cracking up but moving her mouth open and closed and I can see her tongue going but no sound! I would love to see Marnies pictures too!!

Beck Is next week your driving test? How exciting. Good Luck! Sounds like you will have a good time at the gym. Youre very motivated. I totally piked on the gym but I have Jasmines swimming lessons starting next month, so I better do something before that! I dont want them calling Sea World to come and collect me, the big white whale! YAY On Maddy waving. Please send me videos anytime. I have a huge internet plan that I never use! Oh I almost forgot, Jasmine is eating meat now. Only premade sweetcorn and chicken, and carrots potato and beef! Just a few spoonfuls each day for 3 days and then she ate the whole can! Very exciting.

Well Jasmine is trying to climb up my leg right now and she is hanging onto my jeans so tight I think she is going to tear them off LOL so I better go. I hope I havent missed anyone or anything!!! Sorry if I have!

For those I didnt email, Jasmine has a new website which you can view by clicking on her name in my signature, the site password is december

Thanks Meg! I hope your head feels better soon!

Kate, I think Jasmine is just amazing! Waving, clapping, dancing, crawling, climbing...she is super-baby! I think she is so advanced for her age! I got Abby to start clapping, but not really! She just slaps her hands together one time and she is done! It is a start though! Be careful on the tongue clicking...once they start, they do it allll dayyyy loonnggg! lol! Yay on Jasmine and meat! Abby doesnt mind it but definitley wont eat an entire serving of it yet!

Feeling much better today, although still hurting quite a bit. I called the dentist to try to change my meds to stop the tummy aches! They are supposed to call me back...I hope they change it!

My sleeping beauty slept 13 hours last night with no wake-ups! I freaked when I got up and ran in to make sure she was ok! She slept from 8:30 last night to 9:30 this morning. Now she is in a great mood!

I have been doing a terrible job with keeping abby on solids. With not feeling well, she has only been getting 1 solid feed a day (yesterday she didnt get any!). I really need to get with it and get her on at least 2 a day!

I hope you all are sleeping peacefully now! Have a great night!

sarajo, WOW on Abby's sleep! Awesome! We were the opposite here. Coco woke 5 TIMES before midnight, and 3 times after. What an exhausting night. I didn't get her up once though and she resettled very quickly each time. Just hope it's because she was sick and that it will improve. So depressing going from all night to 8 wakings!! Then this morning she did the biggest poo she's done in her little life! HOping that is the start of something good. It's because the natropath gave her some baby probiotics i'd say...good stuff!! She was laughing it was such a relief for her., poor darling!
    Anyway, time to do breakfasts and lunches. be back later xoox

Sarajo wd on Abby's sleep!! YAY!

Meg I hope that she is on the up & up now. Matilda was up for an hour last night & then did a giant poo as well... she's been on antibiotics for 5 days so I think its probably sore. Although she's been on inner health too.

Its hard to believe how quickly the second pregnancy is. This whole thing is flying by for me.

Hello Ladies I am back online, I have heaps to catch up on....

tiggy Guest

Hi Dani!
    Welcome back!!!!

Welcome back Dani! We missed you! How's Jett?

Wow on Coco's poo! lol! hopefully now that she feels better she will sleep well for you tonight!

Abby had a first this morning! I went into her room when she woke she was just chatting away, and here she was sitting in her crib and playing with her ducky! She has never sat up from laying on her own before! She also took a few good crawls this morning!

I go back to the dentist to get my old crown off and my new crown on today. I am still in pain from the root canal so I am so scared that this will hurt!

Christy I cant believe you are already in your 3rd trimester! Is Matilda excited about getting a little brother or sister?

hi all just a quick one..owen is back in hospital, they still don't really know whats wrong with him, he's been there 2 nights..we're very stressed..up until i left last night(ben stayed to give me a rest)he was still vomiting after taking any fluid, but they had a drip up so thats good at least..they thought they were going to have to put in a naso-gastric tube..my poor little bunny.. am on my way back up to the hosp now..will try to update when i can

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast