Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2005 #14

Hi Ladies!!!
    Let me start by saying I am sitting in bed muching down a big packet of Cheezels with a can of diet coke(as if it matters it is diet), OMG comfort food.
    I have had the worst week of my life, well it hasn’t been that bad but it hasn’t been great.
    Okay, Jett is bloody sick again (as is every child in Australia) with this flu, sore throat and coughing/chucking thing. If I have to change his cot sheets once more I am going to scream. I know it is not my poor little pumpkins fault but arrrhhhh!!!!
    OMG our landlord lives next door do I have to say anything else…
    I have worked for a week and got the call saying they don’t need me anymore, What is with that? I hve got to pay the full rate for child care now as I don’t work 15 hours a week or lose my place.
    boo hoo to me.
    Melly – Well done with Uni sounds like to are blitzing it.
    Christe - You poor Love. It is so stressful with a sick buba, I know.
    Happy Birthday and what a great present to have both of your boys home with you for it.
    Tiggy – Glad to hear that the twins are okay. My god and I depressed or what, I can just feel it creeping up on me… I will be fine but I just get stressed really easily and that is when I let things get to me..
    Anyway how are you doing?
    Saarjo - Hope you are doing well,
    Meg – I am wondering if these big poo’s our babies are doing have anything with them being sick? Jett as woken the last week it back riders. My god they were off..
    Anyway things can't get any worse????
    Bed time for this tired mumma

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRISTIE!
    Sorry, almost missed it, I hope you had a good day and glad to hear Owen is improving.

Dani, OMG, I am too annoyed at your employer to even think of what I wanted to say about that.. GRR.
    Sorry to hear Jett is sick again.

Sarajo, Yay on Abby crawling!

Dani How could they do that to you? How mean!

Melly how are you doing?

Meg LOVE the new pics! I just adore Coco's hair! I love the pics that show her teeth too! And I also love the pics of Coco and Tilly together! How stunning! Who is that in the professional pic?

Hows Owen feeling Christie?

OMG where did my newborn go? Abby just threw a FIT with me because she wanted to hold the food spoon. I have never seen her get so angry. She yelled at me in baby language, and I am glad I didnt know what she was saying, Im pretty sure there would have been some cuss words in there! She got so mad she took the food on my spoon and pretty much THREW it in her eye. It was hard not to laugh. I just cant believe she is developing an attitude already! She is growing up way too fast!
    Last edited by sarajo; August 15th, 2006 at 07:09 AM.

Dani, that's awful about work...what happened? I hope Jett gets better soon, it's all happening for you.
    Hope everyone else is doing ok. We had another unsettled night. It's these two top teeth that I can see but they're not coming through. i'd say I'm going to have this for every tooth...bummer.
    Had a late night. Bookclub went until 11.30pm!! However Im usually up with coco, so Im not that much more tired than usual!
    Beck, how's it going with all the inlaws there? Have you had your driving test yet? Good luck!!
    Hope everyone else is feeling well and has well babies!!
    xoxo

Edited to add: By the way, the photo in my album that is not of me is of my sister and her two beautiful kids. Hamish will be three next week and Zara is 3 months younger than Coco. It's a pic for a modelling agency! xo
    Last edited by Mumma2three; August 15th, 2006 at 02:47 PM.

Where is everyone?? Beck, im missing you.. and Kate. You two have disappeared!! Mel, hope you're doing well. Tiggy, how are the twins? I saw somewhere else you said Ivy is lactose intolerant. How's all that going?
    Dani, how are you? Is Jett any better?
    Christie, how is Owen doing? Sarajo, how are you, how's the gorgeous active Abby.
    Have wrapped coco tonight for first time in ages, I really think she needs wrapping. Will see how we go tonight.
    Im so tired I could sleep now!! hOpe everyone has a good nights sleep.

Sorry I've been AWOL in the posting area. I've been reading but been feeling a little out-of-sorts; plus it's been busy with the parents-in-law & bil here. They all left this morning for Bundaberg and MIL & BIL will be back on Sunday afternoon I think. Wasn't all that bad having them here, just not much peace 'n' quiet. The builders have been here for the last two days doing the lining in the garage so you can imagine the challenge I've had putting Maddy down for naps.

Still feeling down in the dumps, starting to wonder if I have a case of PND. Does anyone know if it can hit you months after having bubby?

Selfish post I know, but I'll try and be back on later to do some personals.Hope your little bubbas are doing better at the moment ladies.

Beck, Im sure myself and some friends in MG have suddenly hit some kind of depression. i have to say IM feeling better with the sun out though. I don't think it would be odd to get PND now, I think in a way it's more likely. maybe it's worth seeing a counsellor or psychologist (Im all for that) and getting it before it develops. At least you can recognise it, the next step is to act on it asap.
    My friend was actually going to look on the net if there's some kind of 7-8 months depression (as in when bubs is that age). I would think it has alot to do with the fact that our lives have changed in a HUGE way, and have done for the last year almost, and in a way we lose ourselves.
    Maybe it would be good for you to get into dancing and start doing some things for yourself. is there a mothers group you could join, always good to have people to talk to who are in the same position.
    Im off to bed. (its' 7.50pm) shocker!
    Hope you start to feel better Beck. I tell you what, if you move here, you could join my mothers group!!
    \Also make sure you get out for a walk everyday, there's something about it that makes you feel that bit better (better than staying in side). And remember, we're all in groundhog day and it will improve, you'll find yourself again. it's just so intense at this stage as they need us 24.7. I think it doesn't help that you haven't had a good sleep in almost 8 months.
    hope you sleep well tonight xoxo

Beck I am feeling down in the dumps too...if u want u can read my sob story under the depression thread "whats wrong with me". I dont know if it is PND or just adjusting to being a mom. I hope u feel better soon though!! How's maddy?

Meg how r u? Cocos teeth come through yet..hopefully? groundhog day lol...thats right on! I hope wrapping coco worked for u tonight so u could get some decent sleep!!

Yey, the wrapping seemed to work!! She slept 7pm-3.30am then woke for one minute, then woke at 5am for one minute and I got her up at 6.45am. She had rolled for the second time ever and was on her tum. Her hands were free from the wrap, so I think I'll continue. Poor child has been waking herself up.
    However, I think her nose is stuffing up, so we'll prob get a cold now and sleeping will be out the window!
    Sarajo, will check out your thread. It is soooo normal I would say, they should have classes for us to go to at the 6-12 month point, to adjust to being a mum
    By no means does it reflect the love for your baby either. I remember this happening with tilly. I really hit a brick wall at 8 months, and took up smoking!! That is so funny,, but I just NEEDED something to look forward to and it ended up being 3 ciggies a day!! I then started studying and eventually found work which really helped. This time I have no work to go back to so Im just on the look out for some easy part time work. otherwise study will have to do and in two and ahalf years I will start a business.
    hope everyone is doing well. Tims tax just came through YEY YEY YEEY!!!!!!!! xoxo

tiggy Guest

Well, it all sounds like we are having a bad time of it.

Dani, Sorry to hear that everything is falling apart. Sorry about the job, WTF?? how mean to take you on and then let you go. Sorry too that the PND (pretty nasty dog) is out of control too. I hear you on that.

Meg, Poor Coco and poor you, you just haven't been cut a break, have you? I hope the wrapping helped. I still wrap my pair, I just find they settle better for me.

Sara, I read your post. I'm so sorry you're feel down. It's so hard as a new Mum and you DO lose yourself. Like you, I have no family here, so am very isolated and housebound. It's hard to get started on something too, to get motivated to take that walk or to push yourself to get out and meet others. I don't do it. I find it so hard and so I sit and feel bad. Will have to get out more. I guess, it's just making that leap.

Bec, I'm so sorry that you are feeling down too. It's not too late to get PND. Some women report it up to and including their baby's first birthday. Some women don't recognise they have it until their second baby. For me, I realised around the 9 month mark with the first set of twins vut was 5 months post Lily and around the five month mark for these guys. Will was a whole different kettle of fish. It's a horrible feeling because you feel that you should be happy because you are so blessed with your baby and it's hard to understand why you feel like you do when you have done the most amazing thing but in doing that, you do lose yourself and you do feel frumpy and different than before baby. I had counselling for the first time, I was medicated the second and I am on the verge of being medicated again. I'm just waiting to see if the feelings of loss of control and being overwhelmed subside after our little stint in the hospital. I can feel bad and ugly and feel that I am nothing but Mum to many and still reason with myself but when I start to feel as though I have no control over situations, I seem to lose the plot. It also get scary for me when I don't want to get out of bed.

Bec, I hope it's not PND but if it is, the it's good you have recognised it and also, it's not a death sentence, it does pass and it does get better. We are all here for you if you want to talk about anything, you know.

Happy Birthday Christie! I hope you and Owen are feeling much better. That Gastro is awful. It comes and it goes and then it comes back again. Ivy and Noah still vomit after some feeds so I am just keeping it to smaller feeds more often. Has Owen got the cough/cold that goes along with it? Must have been scary thinking that he might have had mennigicoocal! OMG!

Melly! Hi! Congrats on your first assignment! You go girl.

As for us, yep Meg, Lactose intolerance is the doctors new guess with what might be going on with Ivy. We are off to the paed today. I just want them to be well. I'm sick of all the sickness. Sarajo, has Abby's reflux gotten better?
    Noah is alot better, although still coughing, as is Ivy. THe gastro is settling and we are starting to see normal nappies for Noah.
    Here is our good news;
    Noah can roll! He can roll and roll and roll around the room and he has popped his two bottom teeth. He is also sitting for around ten minutes.
    Ivy rolled from her back to her tummy for the first time yesterday and she can sit for about five minutes.
    She also started lifting her arms up for me when I go to pick her up! AWWWWW!
    We started going to a babies group on Monday for babies who are delayed in their developmental milestones. It was great and we did lots of things to encourage them to roll, move, sit, crawl etc.
    Ok, that's it from me, Ivy is crying, gotta go!

Thanks for your support Tiff and Meg.

Meg that is a GREAT idea to have 6-12 month postnatal class. You should start that up...I wish I lived where you are so I could attend!! Yay on Coco's good sleep! Wanna hear the sad thing, after reading your post, I though, hmmmm...smoking...maybe that will help? Yikes, <slap myself> I know that is not the answer! Yay for Tim's tax coming! What are you going to do with it? We get our taxes back earlier in the year so it is allll gone!

Beck I really hope this passes for us soon. It sounds like we are going through the same type of thing, but read my post and let me know if you feel differently.

I feel so bad that you have gone through sooo much depression Tiff. I know what you mean when you just dont feel like getting out of bed at times. Sometimes I feel like that. I love Abby to pieces, but sometimes I wish my sisters lived here so I could be selfish and have them watch her for a day so I can just mope. That sounds awful doesnt it. Getting out for a walk still has yet to happen. I am such a self pity party, it is just ugly. I really need to get out of this FUNK (and take that leap)!

Tiff I am soo happy for the twins and their accomplishments! LOL at Noah rolling across the room! I can just picture it! They are so adorable! Any signs of teeth in Ivy yet? Did Noah have a rough time getting his in? THat is great you have a group to take them to, it sounds like fun!!

I will be back later for personals, but just wanted to suggest something to Sarajo. Do you have any mothers groups around your area? A great idea they have is a babysitting club, so you clock up hours. You might mind one baby for 3 hours and then you are owed three hours and someone else might do that for you, then someone else for them etc. just an idea that you could start around your area, it might give you some well needed time off.
    Tiggy, great to hear that the twins are doing so well!! they sound gorgeous. And I know in your position, I would be more than depressed, so you're doing an amazing job in my eyes. As is everyone else. when you think about HOW different our lives are post baby it is NO wonder that we get these depressive feelings. Its' a huge huge sacrifice, and everyone else around us continues on as normal. Hang in there beck, and mabye see if theres' some group around that you can join. so important to have support.
    back later xoox

Hi girls *hugs*

I just was checking in on you Sara & Tiggy I found with bf that everytime a feeding pattern changed, my hormones did too. Maybe it does have something to do with the ages of your bubs? I found at 7-8 months I hit a low point, as well as 4mths and well... sorry to say but 16mths and 22mths too... but I guess if you know its coming it can help?

Becka... give me a call anytime, I would love for you to be able to escape over here sometime away from BIL. Having him around would surely add stress into your life too. If you want a barrier of protection in the form of a mad 2 year old and rather large pregnant woman I'm at your service

Another thing Sarajo (as iM studying counselling at the moment, just have some ideas), maybe set yourself some small acheivable goals, such as 1 kilo weight loss, walk around the block every day, talk to one new person each day, change hair style/colour etc etc. Small managable steps that will make a difference.
    But seriously my mothers group are my saviours. I highly recommend joining a group. You might feel that it's too much hassle now, but i assure you, you will wonder why you didn't join earlier. The support is amazing. It's like BB but in person!
    talk later, have to do cleaning....talk about groundhog xoxo

Its just hard to get to a mothers group seeing as I have no car, and there are no busses out this way. There was a meeting for newbies last week and I talked Don into carpooling that day, and I ended up at the dentist instead. I like the idea of acheivable goals. Meeting one new person a day is impossible since I have no car and I know all the people on my block. The walk around the block...yes, I could try that. Thanks for the ideas Meg! So you are going into counselling? How nice! You will make an excellent counseller!

Thanks, Im doing life coaching, so counselling will only be a small part of that, but it's a great course!! Im learning alot!
    Sorry, forgot about the no car. Is there a childhood centre or somewhere that you can walk to? What about the local shops. Could you start your own group?
    It is hard and it's very isolating being a mum when you can't get out much. I wish I lived close by and we could have our own group! What if you found a group that met once a week or fortnight, do you think Don and you could work out getting you there?
    Sorry< im prob not much help. Just wish I could pop around for a visit.
    xoxoxo

tiggy Guest

Hey Christy,
    Thanks for checking up on us. Are you feeling any better? I hope so.

Don't get me wrong Sarajo, I'm not all doom and gloom all the time. That is what is confusing about PND. You feel good, normal somedays and then others you feel like your whole world is collapsing.
    I have had alot of depression but I have also had some really happy times too. I wouldn't consider myself depressed alot of the time, I'm just me. Also, the sad times and hard times they just seem to make me into a stronger person and define who I am, especially when i am feeling good!

ETA: Noah's first tooth came through when he was in hospital, so I'm not sure how much of his grizzling was tooth and how much was feeling sick. His second one just appeared a few days later, so, I'd say that that one was no problem at all. As for ivy No signs of any teeth at all yet!

Tiggy, it's amazing how the teeth can upset them. Lucky people who have no probs!! Coco's top teeth may not be coming, I have realised that she is clamping her mouth together, maybe to feel the bottom teeth on her gums, but I think they have caused blisters on the top gum. How awful. I just want the top ones through now so she can no longer do that.

I have been having fun on the net looking at things to buy with Tims tax. WE'd already talked about what we needed, so this is what we're getting (now we have got quite a bit of tax back, the purpose I suppose would be to pay tims uni debt. but we are great believers in putting that off until a later date!!!!!!!!!). So Im getting a video camera. And a digital SLR camera (love my camera's....have a bit of a passion for photography.) My current SLR is damaged and not taking great photos.
    We are also getting a VACUUM cleaner. Im so excited just found a great one that gets rid of 100% of dust mites etc and is $299, so Im going for that one!! We will also get a new lounge when we move. Have seen some great deals at fantastic furniture. I know it's not practical, but I'd like a leather type one (won't be real leather). We have always had a crappy two seater, but this time I'd like either two two seaters, or a long comfy one!! Very exciting!! Then tim is getting new shoes.
    So that's the plan. We also paid off his credit card and will save the rest for our trip to Vanuatu next year.
    Wish I could go on a shopping spree now, but we really have to be careful....it's easy to spend itall straight away, but I KNow we have to focus on necessities.
    Sorry to crap on, Im just excited. It is VERY rare that we even have enough to buy a coffee, let alone things like the above!!!
    im off to meet some of the mums from MG (the depressed ones) so we can cheer each other up. Really wish you guys were closer.
    Beck, come back on, maybe it will make you feel better. Imagine, you'll have your licence soon and will be able to move about more, and you may even end up in Sydney, and I will be there to keep you company!!
    xoxoox

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast