Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2005 #14

Meg - lol at DH's not knowing me! I would love love love to get to OZ someday! AND I would love for you to come to good ole Texas! We'll be praying that you sold the unit!!! I hope your back feels better

Christie - Yay on your holiday! Have a GREAT time! I am so glad Owen is still improving!!

Dani - OMG your poor thing! How terrible @ the food poisoning and the crap money job situation AND Jett still being sick! You need a holiday! I wish I could give you a hug too!! Im glad the landlord finally let you keep the dog, but do they have to be so mean about it?? I hope tomorrow is better for you hun!

Abby can pull herself up on her feet as of today! She uses me to pull herself up onto her feet and then cries because she cant get back down! lol! I am having a great day. I feel good from working out, and I babysat a bit and made homemade banana bread and I am jsut feeling great. This is the best day I have had in a long long time!

Awe Beck! It is just one thing after another! Poor thing!

You all take care! Hugs to all those that need one today!

Yey sarajo on having a good day!! theres alot to be said for keeping busy!!
    Dani, so sorry about your food poisoning, you poor things. Hope Jett gets better too. Also good news about the job, at least you're with old friends and have some money coming in!

The real estate rang last night and said the guys are really keen and want a 2 WEEK settlement! Anyway, I said whatever, we're happy to go asap. So girls, we could be out of here in 3 weeks. Only thing is my concerns of moving into the inlaws. One of them being, when do I use the computer?? I guess I'll have to use theirs, so I won't be on as often! Im also worried about tillys eating, sleeping etc, with having to fit in with their 9 year old. Im worried about having to drive tilly to and from school every day (she will stay at old school until we buy...so thats a long drive each morning arvo which will be at coco's sleep time). Im worried about what we will do for dinner (don't want to have to cook for 3 extra people or have them cook for us). Im worried about sleeping arrangements etc.
    So as you can see, the quicker we buy somewhere the BETTER!!! hopefully if we sell, we can buy quickly...that will be our next challenge. In the meantime I will try to think of it as a holiday at the inlaws (don't know if holiday will be an appropriate word...but atleast hols are short term)!!!
    gotta go and throw my rogan josh curry in the slow cooker...yummo!!
    xoxoxo

Thanks for all your messages girls - I certainly do not feel as if I am imposing now - considering all the cheerfulness I received from you all - in the midst of sick babies and such.
    I'd love to get Marnie onto a website - I share photos on Ringo with friends but I had never even thought of putting princess on her own site. Just a slight problem.....I don't know if I could do it. Thanks for your offer to help (now I can't remember who posted it and I don't want to lose what I have typed - typical computer challenged me!)
    Congratulations Meg on the house - I don't envy your next two weeks of packing - and not to mention living with the in-laws but it shall all work out in the end.
    I've had a busy week with working 3 days and Marnie's second tooth coming in 2-3 days after her first! I've also started a Pump class on Thursdays (although we have to call it Power Bar for insurance reasons) and netball on Mondays and Tuesdays. Marnie is a big time outside girl so we have tried to walk around all of that. Maybe this exercise MIGHT try to shift some post pregnancy weight. If only I could stop thinking about what to eat next.
    I am thinking of all of you - and hope that Jett is better soon Dani. You poor thing.

renee, you're doing SO much, well done! You put us all to shame. I'd LOVE to do netball and will have to look into it once I finally settle somewhere.
    Had a reasonable night on teh coco front, she woke at 2am and 5.30am, but I was awake so much more. Tim has a cold (END OF THE WORLD), and tilly was in my bed. i feel shattered. We are going to lunch today and were meant to be going to dinner, but I think it would be best to go to bed. I never get much sleep so at least if I go to bed at 8pm, I might get a little then (unless coco goes back to her 8.30pm waking).
    Its so tiring, and it's times like this (and fearing the move) that get me right down in the dumps.
    anyway, hope everyone is well. Speaking of which, coco's nose is still running, along with a cough. WHEN DOES IT STOP??????????????? Hopefully when winter goes......
    xoxoxoox

Meg, I hope you manage to catch up on some sleep. Why is it men seem to act like they're the only people to have ever gotten sick, the way they carry on when they are sick? I hope everyone there feels better soon.

Renee, Wow, you are so busy! I am so uncoordinated I'm hopeless at sports, so you definitely put me to shame.. LOL

I am beginning to be so glad Logan is going to child care, they have got him in to a routine of sleeping during the day, which I could never do! At least, he would never go to sleep by himself during the day, always had to have a nap with him to LOL So he has now been asleep for almost 2 hours and may need a nap this afternoon depending on how he goes

Hope everyone has a good weekend

we are all busy - i'm just trying to get some ME time and Marnie can't play netball - yet!
    Meg - aren't all men the same? Don't worry it's not just your husband. David is constantly hurting himself at work (mining) and it is definitely the end of the world everytime. I hope Coco's nose stops running soon.
    Mel - how did you go putting Logan in child care? I finally got one day at our local centre (after months of waiting) and went into the child care and could not do it - the staff did not seem to enjoy their work and I couldn't see Marnie getting a lot of one on one time. While I have worked in child care during uni and know what a bad day in care looks like there were not a lot of smiles. I think I'll wait until she is a little older - but will definitely need to look into it more for next year as I want to go back to work for three permanent days (teaching) instead of the unpredictability of casual teaching. Lucky I have family close by.
    I hope everyone had a better night sleep last night. It is getting better here but we still have very early mornings - I should put myself to bed earlier.

Hi guys!! Had a good day at our friends. We went there for lunch and coco was sooo well behaved. We were there until 5.45pm. quite demanding with the two kids though, not quite as relaxing as it used to be!
    Mel, glad Logan loves child care. I loved having tilly in child care. It was from when she was 2 and a half, just as that's when I started working, but it was so great to have someone else put her to bed and feed her! I loved checking the diary each arvo to see how she'd slept and what she'd eaten. Lucky for me she always slept extremely well....don't think coco would be the same though!
    hope everyone has a good sleep tonight.
    We were meant to be going to dinner, but have cancelled, actually tims friend has flu, and Im kind of relieved we don't have to go anywhere, seems like 8pm bed as usual...unless coco awake earlier xoxooox

No, she didn't wake earlier, she slept 7pm-6am no waking YEY !!!!!!!!

Renee, At first Logan would get very upset when I took him to childcare, just when he'd realise that I was about to leave. He gets upset when I go to pick him up too. I actually went in there the other day to pick him up and he didn't realise I was there, was happily playing with one of the ladies and a little boy (who calls me mummy LOL), but as soon as he heard my voice he got upset! It was nice to just watch him playing and not have him fixated on me IYKWIM? The ladies who work there are really nice, They do sit him on the floor and let him play for a bit, he has his own area since he's the youngest, but they also carry him around, put him in a pram outside and show him the other children playing. He recognises them all now and smiles when he sees them. Still cries a little when I leave, but he's adjusting really well. I think also knowing he's on campus is reassuring for me. If there are any problems, they just call me and I'm there within minutes.

Meg, Yay on Coco's big sleep! Did you get to bed at 8pm and sleep until 6am too?
    I also love checking his chart each day and one lady there also gives me a rundown on how his day went which is good

Guys, I'll be back on later to update you all. Too upset right now. Just failed my driving exam . My driving instructor was pretty p*ssed, not really with me either. The examiner took me away from the local area and down a back road which goes 60, 70kms and then as you go over the crest of the hill you get this school zone sign. New school, I didn't see the sign as I was watching these cars pulling out of a driveway and he said 'school zone, you might want to do 40km'. I knew I'd failed immediately and the guy was so damn smug about it, I purposely overturned the final right turn back into the driving centre just to scare the hell out of him.

I feel so bad as my MIL came down from Bundaberg just to watch Maddy for me, everyone was telling me I'd pass (as I KNOW I'm a good driver, at least better than many out there with licenses) and now I feel so stupid. Plus, I'm paying for a gym that I can't afford to get to now because I don't have enough money to pay for taxis there. Oh, and to top it all off, the next available exam is not until the 15th of September!

Sorry, but there is a real pity party happening here.

OH Beck,, you poor thing. i totally think you deserve a pity party (can I join you). What a stupid stupid driving instructor. I hate him! That's really really uncalled for doing that. Plus, I drive through the school zone EVERY day, and it's a really good idea to have it 40, but not many people do it. Especially if you havent' seen the sign.
    Nevermind, you will get the next one because it's on my bday and that means special vibes!!!! I feel for you right now and know it's a crappy crappy start to the day and week. It WILL improve!!
    Can I make you feel better by telling you my sob story.
    Firstly, Coco is REFUSING any breastfeeds. We were down to 1 feed and she doesn't want it...Im so sad. I expressed this morn for first time in ages and got 20mls in half hour. She loved it....Im suprised it's taken 7 months for her to decide she now only wants bottle. She's had both the whole time. Anyway, obviously can't express, it would take 4 hours to get 80mils.....
    Then there's the fact that we're BROKE! Tim got the tax back and we're getting our necessities (plus some luxuries) but we have to get removalists, after which time all the moneys gone. I just don't know how we're going to afford rent/mortgage, whichever. We are soo strapped for cash. To top it off, my course costs a fair bit, and dont know if I'll be able to continue next year.
    Im also stressed because coco's exczma is not disappearing. she's also still sick, and now tilly feels sick. I am bloody tired because coco was rolling all over her cot last night (found her face down pushed up against the railings, so no more wrapping. Don't know what to try next. It's just not working for us in the sleeping department, or feeding, or skin. etc etc etc.
    \Sorry, I could go on forever. I am feeling CRAPPOLA today. I think Im also stressed because we know we can't afford anywhere nice to live so our alternatives are either, the inlaws forever, or a crap box somewhere.....just doesn't sound appealing.
    SORRY for the massive whinge. Beck, Im thinking of you. Hope everyone else is doing alot better!
    xoxoxo

Thanks Meg, I really needed that. I think school zones are great for safety, it was just a super crappy time of the day to be doing the exam. The sun is terrible in that area too, so I had the visor bit down which didn't help with my vision to see any signs.

My driving instructor looked really confused when I told him where the examiner had taken me, he just felt it was really pointless taking me in that direction as though he knew it was the perfect way to have me fail so he could get back to the centre ASAP for a coffee. I told my instructor that although I understood why I had failed, I still wanted to kick the examiner. Grrrr....I think he felt really bad taking my money knowing I'd failed when he was sure I'd pass.

Got back home, bawled my eyes out while my MIL didn't know what to do. John rang me and I hung up on him because he made me feel worse (not to mention I logged onto my computer to a congrats email from John because he'd been sure I'd pass too). Maddy gave me a cuddle & a kiss and then bit my boob for the first time. Just lovely.

{{{{{{{{{{HUGE HUGS}}}}}}} to you Meg. I feel like a whinge for being such a sook over failing my driving exam when you have so much going on. Do you have to pay rent at your in-laws place? Oh you poor thing over Coco refusing the boob...are you due for AF, or do you think she might be self-weaning? Maybe she's feeling poorly, and will want boobie when she's feeling better?

I hope you don't have to put your course on hold, and that you guys get some money happening soon. It puts such a strain on you relationship too doesn't it? I truly hope that everything starts to go more smoothly for both of our families soon!

Morning Everyone!

Im so excited this week I finally get my Bubs In Character photos!!! Can you believe it has taken this long? The photographer went on holidays and so much got stuffed up, but YAY I should get them any day now. Its going to take me a while to scan them all in, I think I got 50-60 photos done but YAYAYAYAY cant wait.

Jasmine is going well. She has been waking up in the night, always the same time around 4am the past few nights.... I feed her and she falls asleep on the bottle. I dont see how she could be hungry, but thats all she is waking up for. I guess it could be a growth spurt or developmental milestone upsetting her. I think about how much she has learnt/changed in the last month and I can understand that she would be having a rough time. I have some really funny videos to upload to my site, and one day I will get around to doing it LOL! She can click her tongue now (thanks sarajo lol), but sometimes she misses and just makes this hilarious noise... and for the last few weeks she has been making this noise by running her hand over her mouth IYKWIM? When you rub your lip and make "sooky baby" noise? I cant explain it. But its funny and I got a new digital camera so I could capture a better picture and omg soooo much better. But yeah I will upload them soon. Not today but soon!

Beck :hugs: I am so sorry you failed your licence. Thats so horrible. You poor thing. If its any consolation I do think alot of it depends on your actual tester. I remember when I got my licence and I knew I could drive (because I have been driving since I was 14) but on the day I was freaking out lol Anyway I had to parallel park and I totally missed... you could have parked a whole other car next to the gutter I was that far away... and my tester goes "ahhh you can drive, never mind, lets just go back" But anyway Im so sorry. That totally sucks! Have a pity party, you are most entitled to it. Im really sorry you have to wait a month too. Im sure you will definitely get it next time. I hope you can manage to get to the gym in the meantime.
    Oh and that sucks big time about Westlife! Wonder what happened there? They were plugging that tour all over the place and now its put off? Not fair Im very sorry.
    You should get some mail from me today or tomorrow. I sent it on Friday

Meg Things dont sound too happy for you either right now. With moving into the inlaws place it must be so confusing! Have you sat down and spoken with them about how you are going to live together? As two seperate families or one big one etc etc? I think once you get over the initial anxiety Im sure you will be fine. Its alot to get caught up in, anxiety wise so try not to let it stress you until you get there.
    How sad for you that Coco has gone off BF. I know you wanted to keep it up for atleast 12 months. Will she go back on at some stage or has she self weaned? As for her eczema, I think there is something going on this year. Mine has been dormant for quite some time, however all of a sudden I have 3 patches of it on my skin. I went to the chemist to get DermAid but I ended up talking to the chemist who said, keep your showers/baths warm but on the cooler side, never hot and never long. Then she gave me some Aveeno creams, and an oatmeal wash from Dermaveen and I swear it cleared up so much quicker than with Dermaid. And they dont smell as bad too! But that worked for me! Is it something Coco is allergic to perhaps or that spring in Sydney has definitely come early? I hope things pick up for you soon. Youre due for some good times!!!

Melly Sounds like things are going so well for you right now. Im so happy for you. Im glad Logan likes childcare. Its got to be fun for him! I hear you on the , its nice to watch them playing without being fixated on you! I checked out your photo page the other day. How cute is Logan. He looks like he has such a personality. A very happy baby. Youre doing a great job!

Renee You certainly are busy! You make me feel lazy LOL! I had to lol @ if I could only stop thinking about what to eat next! Ive gotten so bad I swear I crave more now than when I was pregnant! Please always jump in here whenever you feel like it. I love everyone here. I learn so much from everyone.

Sarajo Woohooo @ Abby pulling herself up. What a big girl!! I remember seeing a photo of her standing and leaning on a couch when she was like only 3 months or something and immediately I thought WOW shes going to be an early walker thats for sure! LOL @ cant get down. So cute. YAY on feeling good after working out and making banana bread and having such a great day. I hope you have had many happy days since you posted!

Dani I hope Jett is better. Yuck @ food poisoning. I hope its completely passed through the family by now and wont be back! I do hope things are picking up for you. YAY with getting to keep the dog! Bugger that it was so hard for them to just let you in the first place! Thats great news about work though! Let us know how you are going with everything!

Christie I hope the pregnancy is going well, and that you, Owen and Ben are well also! I dont know if I asked you this but are you going to find out the sex? I hope you have a fantastic holiday!!!!

Anyone I have missed Im sorry. I hope you are all well and your gorgeous babies are too!

Firstly, Beck, I absolutely didn't mean to make me sound worse than you. Was good to vent though!! But I know it must be really upsetting having failed, even though, like Kate said, it so often depends on the tester. I bet if you asked around you'd find he has a bad reputation...it's really not fair at all. I just hope Sept 15 comes around quickly (Im sure it will) and you can get your licence then. Is it just too far to walk to the gym? I hope you keep it up, only three weeks until you can drive!!!!!
    Kate, glad to hear all is going well, barr missy's wake ups at 4am!! Is she cold at all? I just find it so hard to work out a good temp for coco. Anyway, we're back in teh bag now so she should stay warmer (always hard when sheets and blankets are kicked off). Could be a growth spurt too, coco has grown out of her/my fav suit over the last 3 days!! Miss piggy.
    Just went and bought a new vacuum cleaner. It's amazing how quickly tims tax is disappearing, so we have to make sure we only spend it on what's necessary (that includes the video cam we bought yesterday). Actually we got a great video cam. It was cheapest by a mile from **** Smith, and is digital and tiny. The guy said it's just because they upgrade them sooo often, the older one gets so much cheaper, even though it's still so high tech. Anyway, it can record, zoom and we can download it on to computer. I don't need any more than that!!
    Im also buying a digital SLR camera with tims tax money. I llove my photos and currently we have a broken manual SLR and a dodgy digital! I need a good camera, it's so important for me with little kiddies. Tims digital is just USELESS in darkness or at night or indoors. Kind of limits the photos we can take. You'll notice alot of mine on the website are yellow.
    OUr friend Michael (he's a cameraman) took some awesome photos of coco on the weekend. Im waiting for him to send them and I'll post them on the website. Hope he hurries, but I don't want to harrass him. Im already constantly emailing him regarding the best camera for me to buy!
    hope everyone has a great day. im going to try to get coco to sleep now and have a nap too. I am STUFFED xx0xoxxoxo

tiggy Guest

Kate,
    Can't wait to see the BIC photos! Jasmine sounds so cute!

Meg and Bec, so sorry to hear that you are both just having the worst possible time of it. I really hope that something gives for you soon.
    Bec, 15th September sounds like a great day for a driving test and hopefully failing Freddy won't be on that day.

Not alot to report here. Ivy got her first tooth yesterday...ummmmm, that's about it.
    Oh I put some more photos on the birth and beyond site if anyone is interested.

Hey Ladies,
    Well finally things are starting to go will in this house.
    I went to speak to my landlord today and he is a really nice guy. I got him a bottle of wine and some chockies just to say we got off to a rocky start but I really am happy to be living here. It went great things arenít weird now and I donít think I will be as worried as I have been for the last few weeks.
    Gastro is gone; I realized it wasnít food poisoning when Jett started to get all of the symptoms. Oh well, that is daycare for you bugs spread like wild fire there.
    Ben and I went out and got Jett some sand for his sandpit yesterday, he just loves it!
    We went to Kmart after getting the sand and picked up this excellent sandpit pack for $10 it had heaps of stuff in it, bargain.. I have put some pictures on his webpage if anyone wants to have a look. I have also put one of him on his first day of daycare, his backpack is bigger than him, bless him.
    Tiggy - Those photos are so cute. Jett doesnít take the best picture, but he loves to have his photo taken.
    How are things going with you at the moment? Things seem to be settling down here which is good. It also helps when I remember to take my meds.
    Yeah on Ivy getting her first tooth, we are still waiting for gummy shark to decide if he wants any or not.
    Kate - That photo of Maddy is so beautiful, is it one of your BIC ones?
    Bec Ė So sorry to hear about your driving test. I so too would have done the big uturn too, bloody idiots!! Why take you on a road like that anyway?
    Anyway betta Go
    Back Later for more personals, Meg I am getting to you...

I just have to tell you guys the most grossest gross out thing ever.

For the past couple of weeks I have sworn that there has been a mouse in the house, (my neighbours have ****ing chickens of all things like we live in the country or something) but yeah I get atleast one per year.

Anyway I noticed alot of the bait had been eaten and usually mice go outside to die....

Well I just came home and saw a piece of what I thought was bark and I went to kick it towards the door, but then I noticed it had tiny feet and a tiny tail. Its an itsy bitsy baby mouse! Its almost dead, so it must be either starving cos its mum has died or its poisoned too.

The bad thing is, I dont know where it came from? AND even worse is that I know mice dont just have one baby. I cant smell anything so I dont know where to look

And of course even worse is that I have the priest from my local church coming over tonight to discuss Jasmines baptism!! Can you believe that?
    I have dead mice in my house tonight of all nights. I have til 7.30pm to tear this entire house apart.

P.S Im hiding in here while the mouse is being disposed of lol

YYYYYYYYYYYYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK KKKKKK

Ew, that is gross Kate! Reminds me when I lived at my dads beach house and we had rats. I FELT them run over my feet at night (slept on mattress on floor) then I had dreams the roof was opening up and crocs, snakes etc were coming into the house!! SO GROSS, but apparently normal to get mice, rats, etc near the beach. We got pest man very soon after and thank goodness they went (the possums didnt', had one jumping on us at night) EW,....so I totally understand the grossness factor!

Had ok night here. Coco has decided that 5.30am is wake up time...not happy jan. She woke two other times. My back's killing and it's all tiring, but that's babies I guess. At least she breastfed this morn. That will be it for the day though.
    Hope everyone had a good sleep. better go and make breakky!
    xoxo

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast