Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born December 2005 #14

Thanks for all your lovely messages about Marnie's photo - she is cute isn't she (Gloating/bias mother) Not much happening here Marnie is still doing the turtle crawl and going backwards but has no interest in moving forwards. If she wants something that is in front of her she will drag the mat until the toy comes to her!
    We are going down to David's parents in a couple of days as they haven't seen her since her Christening. It's such a big drive (6-7 hours) and their house is so cold but it really won't hurt me I suppose. At least now they have FINALLY bought us a bed and we don't have to sleep on the floor - long story.
    I hope all your darlings are sleeping and eating well. I hope Abby is better Sarajo and your unit finally settle Meg!
    Have a great day everyone!

Hi guys!
    Im just wondering, I have my mums 60th coming up (23 sept) and its' Rock n Roll theme (my sis has organised it). Just needed some ideas!!! I am sooo bad at dress ups!!
    any help will be greatly appreciated!
    Also Im out of control with my new camera!! I need to learn quickly how to down load as there'll be no space soon!!
    xoxox

Meg - I have my Dad's 50th on Boxing Day and it is a dress up with a 50's theme. I have no idea what I am going to go as?
    Maybe, if a there is a group of you, You come go as the Pink Ladies from Grease.
    Got any ideas of thing from the 50's?

Aren't the 50's the time of Grease? I think they are Dani - you could go as Sandy! The 60's are a bit tricky Meg - you could go as a hippie (late 60's) IF you could get to a costume shop that would be the easiest because they would let you know and you could hire! If you can't you could get it delivered. I love dress ups!

Afternoon Ladies,
    I have been meaning to post for ages but I am so busy with everything at the moment.
    Jett has been so so clingy and I can’t do anything without him next to me. I is kinda cute, but I am getting a little over it.
    Well, I am starting work on Monday, 8:30am till 5:00pm. Oh how stuffed am I going to be. This will be the case for 5 weeks so if I don’t post you now will know why. I will read all your post if I do get time, Oh I don’t know if this is the right thing to do? To late now…
    I have just got Jett down for his first sleep today. My MIL is coming over this arvo and I bet she wakes him up. Arrrhhh!
    I had a massive shopping spree yesterday and brought 10 new tops for work, Oh I love getting paid. Work does have some benefits.
    Beck – :hugs: I am so sorry about Westlife; I think I may have seen you when they were on Sunrise?? I suppose that you wouldn’t miss that. Yes, big hugs to you. God, I wish that I had your figure Beck. I lost 25kgs before I got pregnant and now I have stuffed that up.
    Meg – No good to hear about your back. I hope that it is getting better and the drive was worth it.
    What kina of Camera did you get? I really want a digital video camera.
    What a classic about Coco and her poo, I find that so cute. I agree with you and Sarajo, BB is such a supportive place!! I love getting on here and reading about everyone’s “challenges”.
    I really hope the next post from you is a celebration as you have had the unit signed off on. Good wishes your way..
    Sarajo – My gosh, Go Abby Girl!!! Jett hasn’t shown any signs of wanting to crawl, He is so happy to sit and play but when he goes on his belly he has a spack attack!!
    Good on you for working out, it has been raining here so getting out walking is not happening.
    I love looking after bigger kids, but not sure how I would go with an 8 month old and bigger kids? You sounded like you did a great job.
    No good to hear that Abby is not well, sickness in these bubba’s is just never ending. Once you get over something it is another thing that hits them, poor things.
    Renee - I hope that the drive goes smoothly for you. It sometimes is a pain to visit but you kinda have to do it.
    I so too love dress up party’s. My Dad hates them and it is his birthday. Kinda funny as we all want to have one cause we love them so much.
    Tiggy – Jett is running a close second behind Ivy, He has no teeth (No bloody sign of them). He has no intension of crawling at all I am sure of it. Gosh, put him in his walker and I can’t keep up with him, but put him on his belly and the walls start to shake from the screaming.
    It was so funny when he worked out his willie was there. He kept playing with it and looking around to se if anyone was looking at him, Oh I was cracking up.
    I wish I could give you the biggest hug .
    Jett has been the same as Ivy with the not sleeping thing.
    Sorry about the bad night! I really hope the reflux improves soon, I can’t imagine what it is like. I had trouble when Jett was a little chucky when he had gastro.
    Melly – How cute about Logan and his carpet swimming. Wow, Logan is really doing well. Scary to think the next step is him walking around the place.
    I hope that you don’t have a cold you poor thing..
    Kate – I wouldn’t worry to much about the mouse, have you got a cat? Maybe it will eat them..
    Oh I forgot to tell you all, Ben and I are going to get tattoo tomorrow. I am so chicken .. Has anyone got one? I am so scared it is going to be really bad pain that I won’t be able to handle.
    Oh I have been meaning to ask how much are you all feeding your bubba’s now. I don’t think Jett is getting enough.
    Anyway betta get dinner organised, Jett is till sleeping Yeah!!!
    Big Hello to Clare, Sami and Rach hope you are all doing well!!

Yes Danielle - I have got a tattoo and I can't lie - they hurt! A totally different pain to contractions but they sure do. Where are you getting your's? Mine is on my tailbone - OUCH! I went there thinking I would get three tiny butterflies and came out with a flower pattern - the colouring in hurts more than the outline - but you might be a lot braver than I was. Mine was over 5 years ago and I don't even think about it anymore until someone sees it between my shirt and pants. Sometimes kids see it at school and I tell them it's a sticker - but they have worked it out. Good luck! It's so cute you two are going together.
    I'm glad you asked about feeding. I am still breastfeeding Marnie and I am still feeding her at least 5 times a day (this includes her roll over feed at 10pm) I was thinking this may be wrong? And if I want to wean her at Christmas should I start to lessen the feeds now? I don't even really know if I want to wean her - I am a bit confused. I would love to hear from any breastfeeding mums about what they are up to.
    It's nearly 5 o'clock and Marnie is still asleep! I can't believe it! I won't wake her because we are going out tonight and I want her happy at the restaurant. Gotta go!

tiggy Guest

Dani,
    I've got a tatoo of a butterfly on my ankle.
    It didn't hurt too much to get it but OMG did it sting afterwards!!!!
    What are you getting? Where?

Dani, Just a quick note since logan is upset and I have to get ready to go to the movies. I have 2 tattoos. The first one is on my hip (it's just a black butterfly, which is now a little wonky from my skin stretching when I was pregnant LOL). And another on the lower part of my back, above the tailbone (purple/pink flower). Yes tattoos hurt. Like Renee said it is a different pain to contractions. To be honest I didn't think it was that bad, but I have been told I am weird like that lol.

gotta run

I have tatt on lower back and it did not hurt. But it wasn't on or near bone, so maybe that's why.
    Dani, Im feeding coco quite alot. I go by the routines that I've read and been given (they are all similar) so we have breastfeed at waking...that's our only bf nowdays, her choice. Then at 8am she has a big bowl of cereal and fruit. 8.45am a 100ml bottle before bed. Then nothing until midday when she has big bowl of vegies and pasta/or vege and meat, or tofu. Then dessert (fruit) and then about 1pm a 100ml bottle again. Then at 3pm ish she has a 100 ml bottle. Then at 5pm she has big bowl of same as lunch (only meat once a day) and then fruit to follow (occassionally use jars...) then I give her 100ml bottle at 6.30pm and bed at 7pm or earlier.
    thats' our routine. I find coco is always hungry, so I just add extra pasta (I use rice pasta) or extra tofu. I also sometimes give her toast fingers.
    gotta run, Im cooking tillys dinner and trying to get coco ready for bath. Hopefully tim will be home soon, he's been late all week and it's so tiring! xoox

Danni & Renee - Maddy is still getting booby on demand. Some days it's about 4 times, other days 6-7 feeds I guess. Most are not long feeds though; just thirsty ones (she also has chilled boiled water as well) and it's only really her last feed before she goes to bed that is a long feed. It depends on whether she's feeling ill or teething generally. As far as solids go, she generally has 2 solid feeds a day and sometimes a baby yoghurt or cheese stick as well.

A good idea is to check the heinz baby website, it has good ideas for feeding...xoxo

I have just added 4 photos from the new camera. Does anyone know how to make pics smaller to email? It is just not working for us...Anyway, check them out! I am so camera happy at the moment!!

Meg, I just open pics in Paint, go to Image then Stretch/skew and where it says Stretch Horizontal & Vertical then has % I reduce each from 100% to whatever size I want, usually reduce to 25% each.. IYKWIM? Sorry I'm not too good at explaining things.

Sorry Mel, what is paint? I am soo hopeless and I appreciate your help!! I will check with tim, hopefully it is our answer!!

It's my nephews 3rd bday party today, it was his bday yesterday. He is so divine. Tilly is very excited!! He lives with my; mum (and my sister and neice) and mum always says to him "good night, sweet dreams, godbless" and the other night he came out to say goodnight to my sis (his mum) and he said "goodnight, sweet dreams, W.S." How hilarious. So he obviously has NO idea what god bless means!! Just love it when they say adorable innocent things.

Hope everyone slept well. Coco did well. She woke for a second at 11pm and then didnt' hear from her until 6.45am, by which time Tim, Tilly and I were already up!! That's a first!!
    She is REALLY trying to crawl, so I'd say in the next week we will have lift off. It's gorgeous to watch, she's so raring to go!! SHe is also saying hello over and over again. Very cute. People can't believe it. My brother yesterday was like "do you know she said hello to me"!! Mind you, it's still just hello and dadda. When will mumma come??

hope everyone has a great weekend. We're off to my dads farm tomorrow for the day. The blossoms are all out, so Im looking forward to taking some pics!!! Then tomorrow night I have a mothers group dinner, I will be exhausted!! Hope everyone is well and happy.
    xoxooxo

edited to add: THANK YOU MEL!!!!!!!!!! Tim couldn't believe how simple it was. We are very happy campers now, our pics have gone from about 2000 down to 67...yey!! THanks mel xoxooxxo
    Last edited by Mumma2three; August 26th, 2006 at 08:57 AM.

Hi Ladies,
    Thanks for the feedback about the tattoo, I am still crapping myself about it. I am getting it on my wrist under where my watch goes. I want to get it somewhere I can see it ut still cover it up if I need too. Ben and I are both getting Jett done. We have always both wanted on but didn't know what to get and now we do. I am still packing...
    Oh, the feeding of this child has got me pulling my hair out...
    He is on 4 bottle feeds a day of 250ml and 3 soilds. The problem that I have been having is he is waking up about 4 times through the night and I think it was because I haven't been feeding him enough soilds???
    Jett also has about 200mls of water a day as well, he is forever sucking away at his cup. I just put it beside him and he picks it up and drinks, it is so cute.
    I used to give him 2 big ice cubes for breaky, lunch and dinner. I was doing this because he wasn't drinking all of his bottles and was leaving 100mls of each. Now I am giving him 4 ice cubes for breaky and lunch. I have been naughty and been giving him big jars of baby food for dinner. I have no idea of how to pre prepare meals now he is this age, veggies were easy but meat???
    Meg - Bless your nephew, he sounds so cute. I was looking at the new pictures of Coco, she is devine. I think modelling school would be worth while for her. I was showing my Mum all of the bubba's as I have told her about all of you girls and she agree's Coco is so cute. I think it is her eye's.
    Great to hear Coco is doing better with her sleeping, maybe she could let Jett in on a few tips.
    Sarajo - I love the photo's. What a big girl standing all by herself. My Mum thinks she too like Coco is so cute. She loved the cheerleader ones.
    Betta go and start pumping myself up for the pain...:eek:
    Chat later and maybe I will have a picture to post???

Thanks Dani! i hope coco's eyes stay big, but tillys were the same and as beautiful as she is, her eyes are just normal now , and they were blue for over a year but now hazel.
    I give coco about 8 ice cubes of food for lunch and dinner, as well as fruit afterwards. What you could try is just keep feeding until he refuses (try at lunch, coco will refuse when full). And have drink breaks so they register they're full. If you're worried about milk, give it to him first, but I find coco drinks overall about 400ml a day plus her bf plus water (not heaps of water, prob 50mls).
    Withthe meat, you could just cook up some mince with a tin of tomatoes (make sure no additives) and a mixture of vegies. You can then whiz it a bit and freeze all the left overs. I am not inspired to cook coco chicken, so I don't!! I also make her lamb shanks, but you could just grill some chops, cut the meat up and make a batch of vegies and freeze together. I only put in 1 or 2 cubes of meat a day or every 2nd or 3rd day. They don't need heaps. You could try lentils instead and tofu.
    I gave coco a jar of Butter chicken baby food last night!! She gobbled it up. I want her to have different spices so she eats more. I try to add garlic and herbs to my cooking too.
    The little bugger has just had a 1/2 hour sleep. What happened to the 1.5 hours. So frutstrating!! xoxoxo

Just locking this thread now.

The new one can be found HERE

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678