Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2005 #17

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Welcome Yael! this group is the best ever! You'll meet wonderful people here!

Birthday is wonderful so far, besides being sick! Don made me breakfast and gave me a birthday present already (three wooden crosses cd) I opened a bunch of other pressies from my family. Abby is acting soooo happy and wonderful today too!

Welcome Yael, great to have you here. I went into the Jan thread girls and told Missy to join us (she was posting to no one) so Im glad Yael read it to and came over here. The more the merrier. Also as the bubs grow, a month or so differences is really not much!
    DS is gorgeous, so sorry to hear about your exczma, that is awful. coco has a bit of excma and it worries me about other allergies. I am having a hard enough time just controlling her small amount, I really feel for you and hope so much that the UV treatment works wonders. Good luck.
    Sarajo, sooo glad you had a great bday (or were having a great bday)!! Sorry you're sick though, but still sounds great. Glad Abby was so good for you! They know don't they, when they should be extra good!! What else did you get for your bday? The big 30 hey!! Tilly has started saying Im just 30 something, as Im getting too old (she didn't say that, but she's forgotten how old I am so Im thinking it's too old...33)!!!
    Anyway, we are SIGNING THE CONTRACT today but still nervous until it's actually exchanged. I will have to take some pics of the house and post them!!
    have a great day all xoxoxxo
    Last edited by Yael; May 20th, 2010 at 09:57 PM.

Welcome Yael! I am sure you will enjoy the lovely ladies in this thread. I hope the next 6 months offers you some comfort with your UV treatment.
    I am glad you had a great birthday Sarajo! Breakfast in bed - Lucky you!
    Congratulations Meg - the end is in sight!
    I have to go I am starting to panic about Marnie's birthday party (I know - get a life Renee!) I am so behind this week with working all week last week and today. But I have already made my mind up that I am only going to try and take on no more than 2 casual days on top of my permanent Mondays. It feels like Marnie grows up a little more each day and it scares me that I'll miss out on something!

I have a cute story - I just played netball and Marnie was sitting on the centre manager''s knee watching the team play. I look over after shooting a goal and Marnie has pushed herself up and is clapping her hands for me!! So cute! Had to share!

Have decided to take Marnie to playgroup starting tomorrow - we only have it twice a week and now that she is definitely mobile I think I'll enjoy it. My Mother's group has only met up twice (Marnie is 11 months next week!) so I think I'll give playgroup a start. We are going to walk to the centre so it should be a good outing for both of us!
    Have a great night everyone!

Loved the photos Dani! Jett is too cute!

*runs in* Hey gorgeous ladies!

How're you all going? So much for my promise of coming back the other day and doing some personals....oops, I am so slack sometimes! Apologies all round...

Maddy is in bed and much better....she's slept through the night for the past four nights, so I'm finally starting to feel more human! *LOL* I'm lying on the lounge right now with laptop on my tummy and listening to the rain falling on the roof - very relaxing! hehe

Meg - how did the signing going? I am so excited for you, can't wait to hear that it's finalised and see photos of the new place. I'll be looking forward to checking it out when we move to Sydney next year... *cheeky look* How are the girls? I'll bet that Tilly is super excited about moving to your new place. How does that work with her school?

Renee - *hugs* Try not to stress too much about the party for Marnie hon. Just remember, it's her 1st birthday and she's not going to remember much! hehe Not to mention, she'll be too busy with all of her gifts! I'm sure it'll go smoothly for you and everyone will have a great time. Well done on managing to be so organised with work and all...so much respect for you ladies who are back working and still taking care of their babies too. Have fun at playgroup tomorrow!

Tiff - How're the kiddos? Glad to hear that it sounds like Noah is back on the path to getting better, we just have to chase Ivy back in line too! *hugs* Can't believe the twins are going to be the first of our little group to celebrate their first birthdays! Just think...this time last year we were all feeling like the back end of a barge (or alternatively Shamoo the whale! *L*) and couldn't wait to become Mummies (whether it be for the first time, or with another precious add-on or two!).

Sarajo - i'm so sorry I forgot to come in here and wish you a happy birthday on Sunday! Sounds like you had a fantastic morning (and you totally deserve breakfast-in-bed hon!) and so glad to hear that Abby was an angel for you. How did your sickness go for the rest of the day? Hope you were able to get rid of it and feel better so you could enjoy the rest of your birthday. Who are three wooden crosses?

Dani - I love the new photos of Jett. What a little honey he is! *goes and locks Maddy up* I always have a giggle when I realise that we could totally have arranged marriages for our kids set up at the age of 1! hehe How is everything going is your neck of the woods? So sorry to hear about your job fizzling out...but glad to know you have another project coming up.

Yael - Welcome welcome welcome to you & DA to our neck of the woods. We're nutty but loveable and we're so pleased to welcome another person into our flock of Nov/Dec/Jan babies! *LOL* DA is such a gorgeous wee little man too...love the ticker photo of him there! Hope he manages to kick his ear infection really soon, those high temperatures are really scary stuff.

Kate - Jasmine is so gorgeous. Can't believe how many nice photos of her you have! I hear you on the alternating between wanting another, but then rethinking and realising you could probably be very happy with just the one. I mean, I'm still definately a few years away from having another one (IF we have another), but seeing all the babies around just makes you so clucky again doesn't it? I see what you mean about the Dora the Explorer theme being a bit too old - I know my niece is totally into Dora, but she's turning 4 in January. Have you thought about a 'winnie the pooh' theme? That's what we're having for Maddy....in fact, Halmark even do a Winnie-the-pooh 1st birthday invitation pad for just that age. So we're having a Tigger & Piglet cake and I'm going in search of matching accessories, balloons etc.

Melly - You poor hon... {{{{HUGE HUGS}}}} Sounds like you're having a very stressful time of it at the moment. You are so amazing, particularly as Tiff pointed out with all of the things going on in your life - including dealing with your ex-DF. Logan looks like such a sweet little man, and it's a testiment to you that he seems so settled and happy. Best of luck with your exams...I'll bet you're going to ace them so well. Just think...they'll be over soon and then you get to enjoy the longggggg university holidays!

To the remainder of the girls - Jillian, Christy (can't wait for Jovie to make her appearance!), Sami, Leanne, Rach, Wonderwoman....oh god, I'll bet I'm forgetting tons of people. Hope you are all doing fantastically well and can't wait to hear from you all again soon!
    Last edited by Beckibee; November 6th, 2006 at 09:25 PM.

Wow well done on the monster post Beck!! Your posts crack me up! I just love your personality! You are too funny! Good girl Maddy sleeping well for mummy! Three wooden crosses is just a variety CD (it is country music). It is a bunch of popular country songs that have a Christian tone to them. I really like it! For example one of the songs is Vince Gill singing Go Rest High on That Mountain.

Yael that must be so hard for you not being able to touch water! I just cant imagine. Have you had this since birth? That is wonderful your DH helps out so much! Your little DS is a cutie patootie!

Renee how cute that Marnie clapped for you! You must have felt so proud! Try not to stress about the party! It is just one day, and the important thing is just Marnie having a good time seeing all her family and friends and getting pressies and cake! So the decorations and details dont even matter really!

Lol Meg...so after 30 you are 'in your thirties'. that does sound worse! I was so sick yesterday that my birthday was kinda blah. I cancelled dinner with don, and we just kind of hung out. Don was so good to me though, and so was Abby! I just felt yucky. My neighbors all showed up at my door with cake and balloons and presents...I was wowed! It is amazing how nice people are! Anyway, Don got me the magic bullet (food blender thing). It is amazing, and I made Don a pina colada with it, and I made brocoli cheese soup with it, and today I am going to make me a smoothy with it! Anyway, my mom got me a cordless sweeper, which has already come in so handy to clean up under Abby's highchair 3 times a day! lol! My sister got me an Ebay gift certificate so I cant wait to go shopping! dons sisters got me t-shirts, earrings, nail polish, lip shimmer, eye shadow, and socks. His parents got me a magazine subscription, necklace, bracelet, and a wireframe fruit bowl that is gorgeous with butterflies and dragonflies all over it! I think that is about it! I am so spoiled!

Well, today I am going to rest and try to get better. I made myself cupcakes (thinking I wouldnt get a cake) and have to frost them...yummy yummy! That and picking up a bit and I think the rest of the day I will force myself to be lazy. I know this is tmi, but I have these big bumps on the back of my tongue...yuck! And I have a sore throat, dizzy, achy, slight fever, and headache. Wow that was a big ole whinge! Sorry bout that! Anyway, gonna go now and take a little nap while Abby is sleepin! You all have a great day!
    Last edited by Yael; May 20th, 2010 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Removing link to picture

Poor you Sarajo, hope you get better soon, doesn't sound to pleasant. On the up side, sounds like you were totally spoilt for your bday, lucky thing!!
    Beck, can't WAIT until you can come and visit the new place. Of course there is now a hold up, the loan applicaation hasn't come through, some hold up there, so everything is hanging in mid air, NOT HAPPY JAN!!
    hi to everyone else, sorry have to run, it's school morning, so much to do!
    Renee, if it makes you feel any better, coco's party will be a last minute thing. No theme, invites will prob go out 2 weeks before, I'll just be throwing on some frankfurts, saus rolls, fairy bread etc and making a coco pops bear cake!! I am always envious of people who have themes, but I just never get around to it!
    Have a great day all, coco was up a bit last night (tooth number 5 is DEFINITELY our worst) and I am so tired. Hopefully will find 20 mins for a nap...wont' hold my breath though!!
    lots of love xoxo

I just wanted to pop in quickly to say thank you so much to everyone for their kind words.. They brought tears to my eyes, happy tears of course.

Argh I am making myself sick with worry about my exam tomorrow, going to go read over everything for the 100th time.

I promise I'll be back tomorrow to not be slack and do personals.. I hope!

Talking

Hello Ladies,
    I did a post the other day but when I went back in to check it I mustn’t have posted it. Anyway it was along the lines of this…
    Yael Welcome to you, I hope that you enjoy spending time here. I joined this group after Jett was born and couldn’t have asked for a betta bunch of ladies.

Sarajo Happy Birthday I did post after your birthday originally so sorry it is belated wishes. It sounds like you had a great day.
    I am glad you cleared up three wooden crosses as I had never heard of them.
    I really hop that you feel heaps better soon.
    Meg – I am with you on the no theme thing. I will be just firing up the bbq and making some salads. Maybe throw some dip and bickies out. We are having a jumping castle; we have a heap of kids coming and thought that would be the best way to entertain them.
    Jett has been really bad with the night sleeps as well. I can see the white of his top tooth. It must be so sore.
    Melly – Like I said to you I admire you having Logan and Uni. I found it hard enough with Jett and work, to have to really use my brain who knows what sought of trouble I would be in.
    I wish you the best of luck with your exam and I am sure you will blitz it!!
    Renee – My heart melted when I read the story of Marnie clapping. I wish Jett had of done that instead of scream the whole game. I wouldn’t worry to much about Marnie’s party. I only reason I did the full birthday thing is that we hardly see most of my family and with the year we have had it would be nice to get together and it not be for a funeral.
    That is the good thing about my mother’s group we always meet every week and if that is not possible we sometimes have weekend things. With more of us going back to work the weekend thing is getting more popular.
    I hope you have a great time at playgroup.
    Becky – I pmsl at the arranged marriage thing. I have a friend who has a little girl and we always joke about that. Things are good down here in sunny Victoria, I have the heater on and it is freezing, bring on summer. I am enjoying my time away from work and I am looking forward to going back.

I am off to clean my old birdcage out. I am going to buy Jett a budgie today. Ben got the trifecta in the Melbourne cup so I have decided that I will go and get him the whole rig out. He goes to MIL’s and they have 4 budgie’s and a ****ertil and he loves them. He holds my SIL’s and lets it sit on his shoulder. We are going to train it. Not sure what color to get, guess we will decide when we see them.
    Have a good day.
    Will do more personals when I catch up on everything!!!
    I don’t get to check in as much anymore, Have no idea why as I am at home more?
    Last edited by Yael; May 20th, 2010 at 09:59 PM.

Ok.. here I go attempting a catch up post...
    I think I will ramble so bare (or is it bear? :| oh never mind!) with me.. and beware I think I have overloaded my brain today.. I think I did pretty well in the exam. The questions I chose, I think I studied well and covered most if not all of what I should have. I didn't get the conclusion of the last essay finished, half way through paragraph and ran out of time But I tried my hardest and that is the main thing. Only one more to go next Thursday, even if it is the most frightful one since that lecturer expects LONG essays and the one that designed todays exam just wants people to show that they know what they're talking about. My class is so big that it was split up in to three rooms for the exam and apparently in one room, after the 30minute mark (you can't leave the room until after the exam has been going for 30minutes and can't leave the room in the 10 minutes before the time is up) apparently a third of the class just walked out of one of the rooms. Maybe those people didn't study hmm

Um sorry I started writing this earlier, but Logan was upset so I went and lay down with him in my bed, which is just next to my computer table so I can keep an eye on him, and I fell asleep myself.

Oh! I have a Mumma-braggy moment.. Yesterday when I picked Logan up from day care, he had pictures in his bag that he'd painted! Ok, so it's just him getting paint and smearing it all over the place, but I was so jealous when ex got a picture for fathers day.. and now I have two! Also Logan gives me kisses now! It's so cute, they're kisses where his mouth is a little open, even though he does close it a bit as he kisses, so it's a lovely wet kiss. I just tell him kisses and he does it, sometimes it sounds like he's trying to say "kisses" before he does it, but it comes out "disses" with very accentuated "s" sounds, almost like he's hissing too.. His cousin Jake taught him to hiss, he loves to crawl around after me just hissing..

Dani, Thank you for that, I personally don't know how you can work and look after Jett. I must admit I'm lucky living with Mum since I don't have to cook every night, just keep up with the cleaning.. and look after Logan and studying LOL.. But I'm glad you have a little bit of time off to relax even though your work did stuff you around a bit. Jett sounds so gorgeous holding the ****atiel and letting it sit on his shoulder, how cute!

Meg, How is the situation with the loan application going? I hope it's all sorted out soon, it's just one thing after another for you poor things trying to get this sorted out. Did Coco sleep better last night or are her teeth still bothering her? I hope you managed to get a nap some time.

Renee, I don't know if I'm going with a theme for Logans party, maybe just pick up some sets of paper plates and cups, but nothing special. Unfortunately Logan LOVES Ollie on NickJr and there isn't a lot of stuff around with him on it, actually nothing unless I print out some colouring in things, but I will make an Ollie cake, or a cake shaped like a number one with a bear on it.. Ah I can't decide! At least I've found somewhere to have it (Mums house isn't exactly kid friendly, at least not if they want to go outside, so we're having it at my brothers house)

I know what you mean about having to clean your ILs house before you could sleep, exs Dad & Nan & Pop live on a farm and only recently got running water & solar power.. they were running off a generator and had to fill up things with buckets of water.. They're house isn't the cleanest to put it nicely and I have only ever stayed there one night, wasn't even game enough to use the toilet.

Marnie is so cute clapping for you, that is adorable!

Sarajo, I'm glad you had a good birthday and that Don & Abby were good for you. I hope you feel better soon.

Beck, I'm glad Maddy is sleeping better for you, I hope she keeps it up, it's amazing how much better you can feel after a good nights sleep.

Tiff, How are the new bedding arrangements working out? I don't think anything is crazy as long as it works and everyone is happy with it. Wow you're going to be so busy this weekend with the birthday party and the ballet concert, but you seem like such a "together" and organised person (which you'd have to be with everything you have to handle), I really admire you for well.. everything, I'm just in awe.

Yael, Wow I hope the UV treatment works, and I'm glad Rob helps you out a lot..

Kate, How are you and Jasmine?

Ok, so I think that is most of you.. Sorry if I've left anyone out, but this is like an essay at the moment and I don't want to take up an entire thread just with my reply

Thanks girls for all your kind messages about Marnie's party. I don't think I am that worried about it - we are going to the local pool and I am going to make a pool birthday cake from the Women's Weekly cake book. I am also going to make invitations made up like thongs i.e Flip Flop to the pool for Marnie's first birthday. A bbq and that will be it!
    Mel - there is no way I would use my inlaws toilet for anything but a number 1! I don't have to sit on the seat! Gross I know but it gives you an idea of how terrible it is. I feel bad writing about Dave's parents like that but since living with me and seeing other people's homes I think he know nows what normal is.... So cute about Logan painting for you! YOu might have Picasso on your hands! I think I might have missed this but what are you studying at Uni? I am sure your exam will be fine. Good Luck!
    Beck - What a post! We went down for playgroup - but Melbourne Cup put a stop to it. Seriously our whole town closed down for the day - the bakery was even shut? SO much for NSW not having a public holiday.
    Dani - the birdcage sounds great. Marnie loves playing with our sausage dog Sav. I thought he would be rough with her but I have to watch her more than him! SHe loves pulling at him - especially on his ears and his you know what! Do you know how to train birds? I would have no idea - good luck.
    Meg - I hope Coco's tooth isn't giving her too much trouble.
    Sara - I hope you are feeling better soon - *Hugs* to you.
    Hi to Tiff, Yael & Kate - I don't think I have even seen the other girls you mentioned Beck on here during my time but a big hello to you girls if you popl in.
    I got two new books from the library tonight and am giving myself a break from typing for the office to read in bed! WHat a treat - how life has changed in a year!

Renee, I am doing Intensive Open Foundation at the moment, it's a bridging course for people who for whatever reason couldn't get in to university (been out of study for a while.. or like me who didn't get their HSC.. things like that) so "mature age students", I like being called that since I still get asked for ID to see MA movies sometimes so I like to feel mature LOL. I had to choose two subjects to make up the 40 units to study in 14 weeks, so I'm doing Ancient History & Culture, Ancient Greece & Ancient Rome (the exam I sat for today) and Social Enquiry, which involves looking at theories like Poststructuralism, Symbolic Interactionism and Marxist theories to name a few, as well as looking at things like Gender, Mental Illness, Indigenous Australians and seeing how it relates to society and how people are treated based on those things. It can be interesting, but a bit of a drain trying to get my head around it all. If I graduate I am hoping to do a Bachelor of Early Childhood Education.

What books did you get from the library, if I may ask? I love reading..
    Last edited by Melly01; November 8th, 2006 at 08:53 PM.

I just logged back on!
    I got two books by Jodi Piccoult - I have been reading a lot of books by her at the moment. They've got a real human interest theme with a dash of mystery that makes you read them really quickly (and usually quite late at night)
    Your course sounds much harder than the HSC! You will love studying Education - I did. Although I did Primary which covers me from K-6. It's great with children as you can go home (Ha! Ha! - in theory that is) when they do at the end of the day. The paper work is growing every year but the rewards are wonderful. I can't wait to get my own little class back next year! I'll only have 3 days but they will be mine (the joys of job sharing)
    Must go to bed now!

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the warm welcomes!

Anyway, i just read from the beginning of the thread to try and know what you are all talking about, so hopefully i'll get a little while in peace and quiet to write now..

Thanks for welcoming me into your group, all the Jan girls disappeared, but i think you are right Meg, after a while those 4 weeks don't make so much of a difference...

Meg - Congrats on finding a place, very exciting! how did the signing/loan arrangement go in the end? We also had a problem with our homeloan place not sending out the paper work in enough time, only got it the Thursday b4 the Monday we were signing on... I was getting so stressed out and calling them to yell at them in the end! But it all worked out... How long is settlement?? Have you started packing yet? moving is such hard work, but at least you get to spring clean at the same time!

Mel - Yah for the exam! What are you studying? I used to think that everyone who left early must be really smart, but the more i think about it, the more i realise they are probably the ppl with no clue! I'm almost finished a b.sci in genetics, but looking to transfer to something (haven't quite decided yet). I think its incredible that you are studying with having a baby - its so hard to do anything and uni takes a lot of hard work, so well done! Its so great you got a picture - now you can put it up on the fridge!

Danni - How did getting the bird go? It's cute that Jett likes them...

D.A. gets really excited by my parents and PIL cat, and when our builder had his dog over i thought he was going to have a fit! But he is a bit of a bully, so i think he would just terrorise any animal he can get his hands on, and trust me, it would end VERY badly.. so the animals are outside while he visits, and he just bangs at the through the glass! We went to the aquariam a few weeks ago, he got so worked up from the fish i thought he was going to break the glass!

Does Jett try to touch the birds, or does he sit there nicely??

Sarajo - your birthday sounded so nice! Its great that everyone made a fuss, i think we all need that every once in a while! DH forgot about my bday this year, but it was ok as we had a lot on our plate then (i was due the day b4, and his dad was very sick with a stroke & infection overseas and they were talking about him flying over to be there with him and missing the birth), so really my bday was the last thing on my mind... Infact now that i think about it, i was promised a massage as a present which i've never redeemed, so i really should do that b4 my bday comes around again!

Its good to hear you are better again.. How is the stopping bf going?? How is Abby taking it? Have you changed over to cows milk yet?

Beck - Yah for Maddy sleeping better!! D.A. also went through a stage at being bad at night, and since he was sick he seems to be back in a good pattern with only 1 wake up.. Its incredible the difference it can make to your day with even a tiny bit extra! Did you do anything to change it, or did she do it herself??

Tiff - How is the sleeping going?? I also don't think anything is strange if it gets them to sleep.. Can i just ask, how do you even cope with twins?? It just seems like so much work!? Do you ever get to rest How did the weekend go??

Kate - I get so clucky when i see little ones... Somebody at my mothers club is pregnant already with her 2nd, and when i heard the wonderful news it made me really realise how much i want to be also.. But i think its really something you need to be 100% sure about for a long time.. Good luck making a decision

Renee - That is so gorgeous about Marnie clapping! DA has just worked out how to clap today, and he is so proud of himself everytime he does it! But that she did it for you without being prompted, that is so special! Must have made you had a huge smile the whole match - your own personal cheer squad! (now you just have to get her some pom poms!). How is the playgroup going? Who is it organised through??

Anyway... i'm so tired now that i want to crash, but i want to get the house cleaned up b4 i go to bed, so at least it is nice when i get up in the morning..

Went to work today for the 4th time and i am really starting to hate it.. Its for like 86 year old woman, who is a millionaire many times over and owns around 50 commerical investment properties... Anywaym i'm doing just general officework help for her, and she pays me $25p/h which is awesome, but she is old and stuck in her ways.

She still uses recipe cards to write down rent payments, and her office is very un-effiencent. Its so frustrating because there is so much potential to fix it up and organise it all, but i've realised she will never do it! So i spent them time photocopying a few things and filing a few things and she insists on watching me do it all (i have no idea why she is paying me for it at all!)

... But i'm so bored there.. besides going back for money, i also wanted to be mentally stimulated, and so now i'l really let down, but i can't quit cos we need to money! At least it is only 4 hrs a week. I really wanted to do around 10, but i think i'll look for something else to fill my time instead. I said to DH i would rather do ppls ironing at home - at least i can listen to music etc and do it in my own house.. but i would rather try and find something exciting.. Probs is if i look for something it would only be for 1 more afternoon a week (dont have a babysitter the rest of the time, and its not worth paying for child care, and i don't want to leave him to much anyway).

You girls are so organised thinking about birthday party's already... I'm not so much into huge bdays anyway (at least not until they remember it so i get some points for spending so much $$), but def. not this year as DH lost his father 3 months ago, so according to our laws of mourning we don't have gatherings >8 ppl for 12 months, DH can't listen to music, go to celebrations, shave, cut his hear (these 2 only for 3 months, which ends this Sunday so i'm excited as i feel like i'm married to the ape man atm)... we will probs have something small, just immediate family over for a BBQ and cake.

We are official TTC since the last 2 weeks, so i'm hoping soon we will have great news.. But i'm still bf and since coming off the minipill i haven't had my period, so i don't even know if i'm ovulating or not... Guess we will just wait and see how long it takes.

Had more UV therapy.. i am praying it works... The dermatologist will review me in 3 months, but i will probs have 6 months of it. Hopefully i can see if it is working in around 3 weeks... At the moment my hands are really good, but dermatitis goes in cycles of good& bad, so i'm not getting my hopes up. Someone asked if i had this since birth? No, only since i got pregnant. Well, i had a tiny little bit since i was a teenager, and i guess it has been getting a little more each year, but it flared up all over my body last April... I gues if i flares up again we will know we are having another baby Lets hope not, but my dr said it is likely it will happen every time (something about slightly higher body temp). Its hard to adjust to no cleaning, gloves for lots of stuff, but i am getting there and try not to get 2 depressed about it... Its only hard when my entire palms are covered in open sores and it like all the skin is missing of parts and then i get golden staph infections!

But ppl have it worse so i am very lucky, and i would go it many times over just for having such a great little boy!

Anyway, must run as i'm falling on my face.

Have a good night everyone.

Yael

Yael wow you have been through a lot this past year, havent you! You sound like a very strong and very positive woman! How exciting TTC again! I mentioned to Don I would like to try starting July or so 2007 and he said financially it just doesnt look good. I guess we'll see when the time comes! Bummer about work and the old woman stuck in the past century! I once worked with a man like that in engineering and I was trying to teach him computer drafting...it was a joke! he not only didnt want to learn it, but we ended up yelling at each other and it was a big mess! lol! Well, just try to hang in there till somthing better pops up! I hope the UV treatments work for you! Sounds plain miserable! I got a pregnancy rash called PUPPP when I was pg and heat, water, and all clothing that wasnt 100% cotton irritated it. I had it all over my arms legs and belly and ended up getting induced because of it (although I was already 6 days overdue). As far as bf goes, I havent pumped for days now and I still hurt! It has gotten so much better though. I am still feeding Abby frozen breastmilk, so she doesnt know any different yet. she is down to 2 bottles a day..one in the mid morning and one at bedtime. Other than that she eats regular food, water, and juice. She had spaghetti last night for the first time! What an adorable mess! It was straight to the bath after dinner!

Renee a pool party with flip flop invites and a pool cake sounds adorable!!

Melly how cute is that...Logan giving hisses! lol! Abby gives kisses to her babies and stuffed animals and occasionally to me, but not on command! Yes, it sounds like the people that left so early didnt study! I hope you did wonderfully!

Dani how fun getting Jett a budgie! I never hear them called that here...we call the parakeets! Don used to have them. He had a blue one called Marvin and he was the coolest bird ever! He would sit on his shoulder and run down his arm and grab his pencil while Don would try to do his homewor in college! lol! Marvin had a ton of personality! Let us know what color you get and what you call it and how Jett takes to it! Oh and of course take lots of pics!

Meg any news on the loan? I hope it goes through smoothly for you! I am a bit jealous of Beck getting to visit! I know I say this a ton, but be sure to take pics of the new place!

Abby has been waking up in the middle of the night everynight lately! I dont think it is teeth, because after I go in to comfort her she wants to play! I think it must be separation anxiety? Oh well, this too will pass, right? I cant believe she still only has 2 teeth! I look for any sign of top ones and there just isnt! Im starting to worry a teeny bit about Abby's vocabulary. All she says still is mama and dada and oh oh. She was such an early mama and dada girl, and now I just cant get her to say anything else! ITs probably just one of those all babies are different things. We'll see. I'll talk to the pediatritian at her 12 month shots. I'm feeling a bit better now...just a bad headcold now and headache. I am watching Haley for the first time this week, so no sleeping in today! I may have to try and catch a nap later since Abby had us up from 11:00 - 2:30 or so. Yes, Don took turns with me last night! How nice was that! Usually I try to get her before he wakes since he has to go to work the next day but last night he got up plenty since I wasnt feeling well!

I am tired, so sorry if my spelling was horrible! I hope you all have a great night! I hope all your babies sleep soundly!

WOW so many posts, I haven't time to read them all, I'll come back later~
    Renee, the Jodi Picoult book, did you get my sisters keeper? Very emotional. Im in a bookclub and that was the book I chose. she's a good writer!
    We have been given a conditional loan, so we've gone ahead with exchanging contracts! The condition is that a valuer finds the house is worth more than a certain amount. Since we paid over $200 000 more than they want it to be worth, we think we're pretty safe!
    Hope everyone has agreat day, I have to run and do lunchs and breakky, running late! xoxo

tiggy Guest

Hi everyone!
    Wow, you guys hav been talking up a storm!
    I'll have to go back and read everything over again.
    Just wanted to check in, let you know Ivy is over the dreaded lurgy and we are all systems go for the twins' birthday picnic on Sunday (It is even forecast to be fine and warm).
    First, I have to get over the ballet concert rehersal! Still banging away at the sewing machine. I only have one more costume to go and then all I have to do is attach all the sequins!
    Our sleeping arrangements are working out pretty good. Noah is sleeping until about 1:30 then insists on a bottle and goes straight back to sleep until about 6am! I just didn't know he could sleep like that!
    Ivy is doing better without her brother stirring her up too and Lily is just loving sharing a room with her sister!
    I hope it lasts!!

Anyway, I'll be back to do personals soon.

Tiggy so glad everything is going well. What a relief that Ivy is on the up and up, and that the sleeping is going well for everyone!! Im really happy for you!
    Off to Mothers Group today and on the way I am stopping to vacuum my car. It is a PIGSTY...I have crumbs all through it from coco's rice cakes and s'wiches!! xo

Im just popping in very quickly! Im so busy! Im just catching up with all of you guys!

I just noticed something? Tiggy!!!! Have you always been a moderator or is this new? Congratulations either way! Omg you must be sooooooo busy! YAY! Im sorry if this is old news but I just saw it and Im all excited for you!

*runs off to check*

Oops also a late WELCOME to our group Yael! Im sure you will love it here!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast