Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2005 #18

Sarajo, so sorry to hear Abby is sick, I hope you don't get sick too.

Meg, The exact same thing happened to Logan with the yolk. Except I totally wasn't thinking and just gave him a piece of bread with yolk on. I was busy eating breakfast & talking (we were out to breakfast in Canberra, so catching up with my sister) and I look over because he started crying, he had been touching his face with yolk on his hands and most of his face was covered in an itchy rash! I didn't have anything to put on it but got some ice cold water and dabbed it with that, and was giving him some water to drink, it settled down slowly and he didn't seem to have any other reactions to it. I talked to the ladies at daycare and they said it can happen a lot because the babies his age just aren't ready for it, but they usually grow out of it and just be careful when giving him anything with egg yolk in it, but usually it's just the yolk by itself that upsets them. I hope Coco and Tilly don't get sick and that you're able to go to the joint 1st birthday party.

Oh the joys of motherhood! It is 3:00am and I have been up for an hour with Abbers. Now she is asleep and I am awake! lol

Meg I hope Coco's rash settles, and I hope Coco, Tilly, AND Holly feel better soon and that Holly doesnt pass on more to Coco and Tilly! You certainly have your hands full today! I hope you stay well!!

Thank you all for the pity, somehow it does make me feel better!

Alright, Im gonna try to get back to sleep now...even though feeling quite wide awake at the moment!

You all have a good rest of Friday! Hey, we are both writing on the same day!! lol that may be a first!!

Hello Ladies.
    I am listening too the make Poverty History Concert, I am a big fan of the Hilltop Hoods. Hey are a hip hop group, my brother took me to the concert and I hated them but now I can't get enough.
    I am so bloody tired, Jett has been up and down like a Yo yo all night for the past week. Last night was the worse. I spent most of the night making invites for my friend NYE party. She left at midnight and then Jett got up every hour till 5am.
    Tiggy - I just loved the shots of the twins birthday party. May I say you are looking so good. Are you feeling great cause you sure looked it in the photo's.
    I hope to get some great shots of Jett's friends at his party. We just ordered the jumping castle the other day, we wern't going too but it is going to make it easy for all of the kids to amuse themselves if we have something for them.
    Meg - You poor love, Coco has been unwell as of late by the sounds. I have no idea about egg but I guess I will have to try him on it soon.
    Betta go and make bottles and some dinner for me.

tiggy Guest

Hi Dani,
    Thanks for saying I look good, what you should be saying is LARGE! Hehe. I have put on so much weight since Ivy and Noah have been born! That is all going to change now! I am on a strict diet. Glad you liked the photos though. We had a really nice day.

I bet Jett is going to have the best birthday!
    Hope you get some sleep tonight.

Hey Tiff,
    I should be asleep now but I am listening still to the Poverty History thing. No I really think you look great!!! Don't be so hard on yourself, you have a small tribe to take care of and it is so hard to find time for yourself. Lord knows I have enough trouble and I only have one so what is my excuse???
    Congrats on the Moderator gig, what do you have to do? I was reading the christmas thread, You are a strong women Lovely!!!

tiggy Guest

Hey Dani,

My DH loves Hilltop Hoods!

Give your Jettboy a big hug from me. I will miss William this year, alot. He will be the only one missing this Christmas. It's nice talking about him though, makes him feel closer, somehow.

The modding is all new to me at the moment. I am still finding my feet.

I am off to bed now, before Ivy and Noah wake up.

Tiggy, they are just gorgeous photos of your beautiful bubs! Your other kids are beautiful too. There is such a strong look in your family, was it your mum and dad, you are all so similar! You've done an amazing job and you do look great and so do Ivy and Noah, so glad they were well for their bday party!!
    Well, after a huge effort getting coco to sleep at 7pm, she slept really well which was a blessing. i did wake heaps, but was worried about her. She seems happy-ish this morn, but who knows. At least the rash went. Poor baby has bright red cheeks now. Wish this number 6 would push through, I think this and the last one have been the worst.
    hope everyone has a great day. I've got to do party prep (I volunteered to make cake for all the bubs and s'which....WHY.) Which reminds me, Tiggy, what great cakes!!!!!!!!!! Did you make them? I just don't think I can do something that good!! I think for the mothers group I'll opt for a plain choc cake with smarties on it, and then for coco's Im doing the coco pops bear....that will be a laugh. Then for the family bday (joint lunch with Tims mums bday) I'll just do some little girly cupcakes.
    hope everyone has a great weekend. xoxoxo
    PS Kate, love the new pics of Jasmine.
    Sarajo, so hope Abby is feeling better and you got some sleep, you poor thing xoox

A big hug to all the mums and bubs who are sick! I have now got my fingers crossed for Marnie - I definitely would not want this stomach but for her that is going on here as well. Thankfully her antiobiotics are beginning to work and her coughing has decreased.
    I will come back to chat later - just wanted to drop in and see what everyone was up to.
    Have a great weekend.

Big hugs from us to, to all of the sick bubbas; but even more for the poor Mummas who are getting no sleep from worrying about their babies.

Maddy's woken up with a cold this morning...I swear, she's had more time being ill with a cold than not. *rolls eyes*

Nothing much happening here....just been to the shops to pick up my new Westlife album to have them sign on Tuesday and also my one-day Australian cricket jersey which is my early birthday gift! I'm wearing it right now...think I know what I'm wearing to the city on Tuesday for the lads. hehe Now if only I knew where my PILs hid Maddy's birthday present (a mini version of the jersey), we could wear the same thing! *LOL*

Well I'm off to rest...tried to sleep in this morning but to no avail...Maddy & Daddy were squealing around the house and I had a headache.

Have a great weekend ladies...I'll pop back in tonight I think!

Hey Beck, what date is your bday again? I know it's in amongst all the bubba's. Is it chrissy eve??
    Well, Tim and I ordered our new kitchen today. We spent three hours with a designer, and we're getting the kitchen through Freedom. They do everything. It's so exciting! My own kitchen, designed by us (well the guy did most of it, but it was great fun). We now only have to pick some coloured glass tiles to add a splash of colour. There's plenty of light in the kitchen, so we picked very light colours (white/greys) and I want some aqua tiles (glass tiles). Can't wait, hopefully will be done early jan!
    Gotta run, Im makign a cake for bday party tomorrow. Im not feeling very inspired, but I have to do it, as I offered...silly me!
    Hope everyone is improving. Tilly and coco went to docs today (lucky for the inlaws, they took them while we went kitchen shopping) and they have throat infections. At least coco ate today ,that's been a relief.
    xoxoxo

Beck how cute matching jerseys!!! You'll have to take pics of you two together!! When is your birthday? I hope your head feels better! At least you woke to sounds of happy squeels instead of mad cries!!

Meg I hope Coco is well! Poor thing! I feel your pain up all night worrying. Abby seems better stomach wise but has now got a bad cough that came out of nowhere yesterday morning. I would wake everytime I would hear her cough, or move for that matter! <sigh>
    I hope all our bubs get better soon!

Tif LOVE the pics! You do look great! What a nice looking family! Those cakes were absolutely adorable and the favor bags were sooo cute too! Where do you come up with these ideas! I may steel the bag idea from ya! lol!

Renee I hope Marnie is better soon! Poor chicken, that is just miserable!

Dani I hope Jett sleeps for you tonight! I wonder why he has been up so much....teething maybe?

Oh are you all ready for this? Don is getting the Christmas decorations down from the attic today!!!! I know it is early, but with Abbys party coming up and company coming, I want to have it done before that! la la la! I loveeee Christmas. It is my favorite holiday and I am soooo excited!!! When do y'all start decorating? Most people here wait till the day after Thanksgiving (which is next thursday), so I will be nearly a week early!

To all whom I didnt get to personals: I hope you all are well!

Sarajo, I hear you on christmas deco's I LOVE christmas too. Only thing this year is that we are at the inlaws so it will be up to them. Normally I'd put the tree up around the first of December. This year we have no tree (got thrown out in the move ) and we'll be at the inlaws for chrissy day. Next year we will have tree and a colour theme!! (I want some order to my christmas tree)!!
    I went to a gingerbread house night the other night. It's really taken off in oz. Mainly done through churches (I went with MIL) you are given the ginger bread and you stick it together with icing and then decorate in millions of lollies! Was heaps of fun and they had chrissy carols in the background. I loved the atmosphere. Tilly loved the house but I said we're giving it as a prezzy, so because she want's to eat some we've decided to give it to her dad. He will love it and she will get to eat some!!
    Gotta run, I have to do food for the party by 8am, then I have to take tilly to nippers!! Then it's bubs 1st bday party!! Looking forward to it. Feeling a bit slack though, said I'd be there to set up etc, but will now be late! Oh well. xoxoxo

Meg, my birthday is the 6th! Oooh, Sarajo, you're making me want to put my Christmas tree up now....it's gonna have to wait until the first of December though!

Bummer, Maddy & I both have colds. She's a few days in and is snot city; whereas i just have the sore throat & nose. I'll bet it'll be riproaring by Tuesday so I'm going to look like a nightmare when Westlife are here! *rolls eyes*

Awe Beck! I hope you are better for Westlife!! Take zinc, vit C and lots of fluids!!

Meg how fun a gingerbread party! I have never heard of that here! Families make gingerbread houses, but no parties! Now I want to have one!! Yeah right, with Abbys birthday and the holidays! No time left!

I went shopping for decorations for Abbys party last night and I found the cutest 1st birthday hat! Abby will wear that and a tutu over jeans with a 1st birthday shirt! I'm looking forward to her party in 2 weeks! We went to the park and checked out the pavillion we reserved! It is huge, has 11 picnic tables under it, is in the woods with a playground nearby, and seems perfect!! Now the planning begins! Will we have games? Music? What food? How to set up? Fun stuff!!

Today we have a 2 yr olds birthday party to attend. Abby has had a cough for the past couple days and Im just not sure weather to take her or not! We'll see how she feels when she wakes today!

I hope you all have a good and healthy day!!!

Hi all im back.

My little break was wonderful and mum and dad loved to see Callum again.

Kate thanks for the kind words. Im doing ok and DH and I will try again next year.

Danielle thanks so much for looking at the children. I think I have nice looking kids but all mothers do. But its nice to hear some one else tell me.

Well Callum was so checky at grandma's and poppies house. He has started blowing bubbles so when ever poppy talked to him he would blow bubbles at dad. Very funny.

Anyway will read all the post soon as DH and I have been married 2 years today and I think he is taking me out for lunch. Will talk soon.

Take care all!!!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MISSY! Congratulations on 2 years of marriage, hope you have a lovely lunch out together!

HAPPY 2 YR ANNIVERSARY MISSY!

Hi everyone,

Have to be super quick while D.A is down....

We too have been sick here.. Can't remember if i posted that he had a nasty ear infection and high temp 2 weeks ago? And then the antibiotics gave him bad diahorroea? Last week he kept pulling on his r ear, and then sat night he got a bad cold and by sunday night his temp is back over 39deg. Went to the dr just before, she says his ears are red but not enough for antibiotics, so to wait until Wed and bring him back?

Meanwhile he keeps rubbing his snot in his eyes (gross!) and now has a gooey eye!

And he rubs his snot on me (even grosser!) and now i have a shocking sore throat!

Last week was super crazy - had mothers club at my house twice. On Monday we all did a CPR course for 3 hours, which was really good. On Thursday we did a baby sign language class which was lots of fun, so now we are going to start baby sign language with DA

But it was hard trying to keep the place clean and everything, on top of working.

Got a 2nd job, doing bookkeeping/admin, so if i like this job i might quit my other one which i hate. Only probs is i don't think they will pay as well, but i would rather work for 2 more hours and enjoy what i do.

Anyway, better run, lots of jobs to try and get done, and on top of that have to manage to go 3 times a week for hand treatments.

really quickly, Tiff, congrats on the mod job! I'm sure you will do great. Your ticker is gorgeous

Missy - happy aniversary

To all those with sick little ones, i hope you all have a speedy recovery!

Anyway, will be back hopefully tonight to write some personals.

Yael

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast