Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2005 #18

Hi all

Wooohooo everything is great. Although both fantenolle and ridge are closed the x-ray said it was all normal. Im soooooo happy. I had to wait for the results so a girl friend, Callum and I went for lunch. Callum had a vegi s/w and some of my spinish and cheese pide and lots of water and when we got home decided he wanted 2 yogs. Piggy. So then because he was so good and I felt happy I though stuff it im going to give him a bottle. Well he had 20 mls and didnt want anymore. *that would be right* little bugger. He is sound asleep now.
    Thankyou all for your help. It was wonderful to have you all here for me. thanks

Sarajo,
    Im sorry you didnt like the weight Abi had put on but im going to say what you said to me, YOur a wonderful mother and there could be lots of reasons. Could be that she was sick or just thats she is on the move. Chin up hun.

Ive also decided that im not going back to that nurse anymore and if I need to keep getting Callums head measured then ill go to the doc. Im going to feed him like she said but just going to keep giving him his bottles.

Well I might take this chance and go have a sleep too.

Thanks all...xxx

Renee how smokey was it yesterday...Those fires in the mountains. Where do you like...im at Seven hills????

Bye going for sleep...lol

Hi Everyone

HUGS Sarajo Abby looks like such a happy baby! She has had a rough time and been sick quite a bit, so thats probably why she didnt gain much weight. You certainly didnt do anything wrong! If it helps any, Im confused as anything at the moment about the feeding LOL! Im letting Jasmine lead, and we havent exactly got the pattern down yet, but its usually the same. We have around 3 bottles (breakfast, lunch and bedtime) each of them 260ml (9oz) I also give her a bottle of water with a straw and she just grabs that and drinks that throughout the day whenever she wants it. I just always leave it somewhere she can get hold of it, and I do fill it up atleast once more per day! As for solids, well lets just say that if anyone is eating, Jasmine is having some too. She will come and stand right in front of you, lean in and open her mouth if you are eating. I cant really offer any better advice than the Doctor of course, but I think you are a really great mother, and you are doing everything right. Im sure if Abby hadnt been so sick alot of the time, then she would have put on more weight than that! I hope her ear infection clears up very soon!

Missy That was nice of your DH to bring you flowers!!! You are a great mother, you can see it in both of your childrens happy faces! Bugger that nurse, especially for her making you doubt yourself! Im happy to hear you are going back to giving Callum a night bottle. I almost cried too hearing that he put his little fingers in his mouth! It is just a comfort thing for them. The bottle he wakes for during the night, is probably just a habit for him, he probably doesnt need that one, but the one before bedtime that puts him to sleep is definitely a good one. I just changed this part because I saw you posted when I already did. I originally asked if you gave Callum any water, because of the need for fluids, but of course you do. YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY for the good results! Im so happy for you!!!!!!!! Yep I wouldnt go back to that nurse either. The Doctor will keep a closer eye out anyway, and not be so rude! Im SOOOOOOO happy for you and your good results. Thats excellent news!!!
    I took Jasmine to the Doctors late last night as she has a rash in the small of her back. I assumed it was a heat rash, but thought best just to check. And yeah she has a heat rash! She has a tiny bit on her elbows and inside her thighs. Poor thing. It didnt bother her at all (of course because nothing ever does lol), but it bothered me! Now I just have to put a cream on her 3 times a day. The Doctor was one Ive never seen before, and he was sooooo good. Jasmine hasnt been to a Doctor for such a long time. He checked her out completely! She was giggling and grabbing his stethescope the whole time. Even when he was sticking things in her ears and mouth! Anyway I dont think she has been weighed since her 6 month injections.... but she weighs 10.26kg!

Anyway Im running late for Xmas shopping LOL I have to run but will be back tonight!!!!

Hope everyone else is well. Meg, Melly, Bec, Dani, Tiggy, Renee and everyone else I have missed, I hope you and your babies are well!
    Last edited by k8ty; November 23rd, 2006 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Because I post too slow

tiggy Guest

Oh Missy!
    That is such good news for you and for Callum!!! Very happy for you.
    Glad that you have decided to do what is best for you and bub and not some woman, whose kids are probably in their thirties!

Sarajo,
    A gain is a gain and what you are doing is right. Is Abby unsettled? Is she crying all the time? No. Aside from her being unwell she is her normal self. My understanding is, once they get mobile they slow down in weight gain anyway.
    You are doing a fantastic job! Her eyes are bright, her skin is clear, pink and gorgeous.
    She looks like a beautiful healthy little cherub to me.
    When Noah and Ivy had gastro, Noah lost a kg and Ivy lost almost 2! So, if she has lost, then the virus is probably the culprit.
    Poor Abby with all those teeth though! Whoever said teething didn't hurt mustn't have had babies.

Awwww bugger I cant go to sleep now. Geee just when I tired and feel like sleeping I cant. I think Im to excited.

Hi Kate, Yes as you would have seen I do try and give him or offer him drinks of water every 15 mins and usually he will have a sip. I know how important it is for children to have water during the day and with the heat we are getting, I measure how much he is having so I know. Do you hate that when your posting and all of a sudden you finish and check and see that some one has beaten you to it. Then you have to go and edit it...lol Yes im going to keep giving him his bottles and just feed him what she says to. I girlfriend also goes to her but doesnt tell her alot and just takes in what she says so she can tell me with out me going and getting hammered from her. Yes its wonderful news about Callum. Im so pleased. I guess because he is IVF im alittle worried that some thing hasnt formed properly or some thing is going to go wrong. All I know is I love him so so much. He is brought me and DH such joy. Im scared and I tend to be abit on the neg side but im trying to get over that.
    Tiff I know, its great that all is ok....I just dont know what I would have done if I didnt have here and you ladies to talk to. Thankyou!!!

Well now what to say....lol....have to think.
    Tiff Are your kids identical twins??? Dont you just love little kiddies... i do so much!!!

well bbs

aww just read my last post and sheeeesh I cant spell and grammer is ****. sorry but im sure you can understand it...lol....soz

tiggy Guest

Hi Missy,
    You sound excited! LOL, no wonder you can't sleep.
    No Ivy and Noah are fraternal twins and so are my first set. My DH jokes that I throw off two eggs once every ten years!
    Yes, I DO love kids. I love every stage of them, even though sometimes it's challenging! If I could have another baby I would.

Wow, You have alot of kiddies. Awww that is beautiful. Im happy for you. DH and I are going to try the IVF again next year. Im very excited about that too. Id have another 2 if I could nat but I cant so it up to One more cycle of IVF and hopeing it works as we would love to have another!!!

Tiff. I remember reading about your little angle William..That was so sad but beautiful at the same time. William was the babie that was born then you took it outside and then he passed, is that right. Im going to look again. Im sure it was. Im sorry for your loss. But what you did was beautiful. *hugs*!!!!

Tiff that pic of THE 6 OF US bring tears fludding down my eyes. I cant imagine how you got through it. God bless you and your family. William will be up in heaven smiling down on you and waiting to be united again. Im sorry if im bring back memories!!!!

cheeky_monkey Guest

afternoon guys
    just a quick one just got back from xmas/bday shopping for Gemma and im buggered i got her a
    baby grand piano
    pooh knows ur name
    dress
    and went to get my lay by but i forgot to give 48 hours notice so have to go back for it next week that has a bounce n spin zebra and dvds and elmo knows ur name but im taking it back casue hte pooh bear one was $40 cheaper
    and got her fairy ourfit for her party its gorgeous ill put a photo up later
    oh and had her santa photo done today
    they will be on her photo site

bec

Your photos are too cute Bec - Gemma is adorable!
    Just reading how everything is going for everyone - we are as busy as ever.
    I am so happy for you Missy - glad everything worked out for you.
    That's it.... hi to everyone.. longer post later.

Hey Bec. Had a look at your pic and Gemma is soooooooooo cute. Nice pic the Santa one is. She looks like a little girl!!!! Very cute.

Thanks so much renee so am I!!!

cheeky_monkey Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Missy View Post
    Hey Bec. Had a look at your pic and Gemma is soooooooooo cute. Nice pic the Santa one is. She looks like a little girl!!!! Very cute.

Thankyou Missy i think she is gorgeous she is my princess

cheeky_monkey Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Renee Elizabeth View Post
    Your photos are too cute Bec - Gemma is adorable!
    Just reading how everything is going for everyone - we are as busy as ever.
    I am so happy for you Missy - glad everything worked out for you.
    That's it.... hi to everyone.. longer post later.

thanks so much renee

Awe I love those pics Cheeky_monkey!! Gemma is so beautiful!

Missy I am so happy Callum is ok!!! I was so worried about him!

Kate have fun shopping! That is tomorrow for me! In the US, they call the friday after Thanksgiving BLACK FRIDAY because all the stores have crazy sales and everyone goes shopping! It is a mob, and a lot of people wont go out on that day, but it is tradition with my family! I love seeing all the stores all lit up for Christmas!

Thank you all for your support on Abbys weight! I know, Missy, I was just telling you about how not to worry about Callum's weight and then here I am all worried about Abby! I guess it is just easier to see from an outside point of view, so I really appreciate to hear what y'all think! I gave abby her breastmilk in a cup this morning, and she loved it, so that is good!

Today is the celebration of being thankful for what one has and the bounty of the previous year. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!!

Hi guys, just a quick pop in. I actually don't go to the early childhood, I also dont' weigh coco. No point worrying myself I say!! (i weighed her once in last 6 months and I think she'd only put on 1kilo in that time) However, Im NOt worried, Tilly was small too. Fast metabolisms!!
    I put a few pics up yesterday, it's coco in her bday outfit, VERY cute!!
    Gemma is gorgeous and so are all the bubs!! JEtt is growing so quickly!!
    have a good day all. Coco slept through, THANK goodness. Hope that means her tooth is here! xoxoxo

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast