Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2005 #20

Default Babies Born December 2005 #20

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in December 2005.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Lea13 - [email protected]

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Last edited by BellyBelly; December 26th, 2006 at 07:41 PM.

Your old thread can be found here

Love

Hello Ladies,
    Well my first day off from work and it have been just doing odd jobs. I can't believe it is only less than a week till christmas. I have got a few things to do but not to much which is good.
    Tiggy - Again you always know what to say to make me feel so much better. That is why you should be mod of the year!!!!
    My heart goes out to you with the sick kids. I will just say two words SUPER MUM!!!!!
    I hope everyone is doing well.
    I had a photo shot for Jett yesterday (kinda like bubs in character). I will get the photo's on Wednesday.
    I am madly trying to get all photo's of my Dad as he turns 50 on Boxing day and we are having this slide show playing all day.
    Anyway better get back to finding these photo's.

tiggy Guest

AWWW Dani, thanks.

The photo shoot sounds great, can't wait to see the finished result!
    I guess everyone is busy with Christmassy stuff. I started wrapping all the kids' presents last night. Last year I started wrapping on Christmas Eve and finished at 3am, only to be woken up at 5am to unwrap them all again! NOT doing that this year!
    All my kids (except one) have started their school holidays and we are having the usual teething problems that we have when school finishes. It starts off really hard but by the end of the holidays, I wish they were with me all the time...well, MOST of the time. I guess it's nowhere near as bad as Grandparent re - entry, so there is my consolation!
    What else? Ivy is getting better (Yay) and we are off to the chiropractor today for her last adjustment before they break for Christmas.
    Noah has started to pull himself up on the entertainment unit...I don't think he is ever going to crawl properly, just commando crawl. (David calls him the baby mop because he is always dirty on his belly come the end of the day, sometimes BEFORE the end of the day!).
    Other than that we are all waiting for David's sister to have her baby. She is due tomorrow but baby isn't engaged yet, so we will see. She posts on the Dec belly buddies.
    So what are you all getting for your little cherubs for Christmas??

Hey ladies...my goodness, isn't the christmas season even more mad when you have a baby born in December? *LOL*

Maddy is asleep having her nap so I thought I'd pop by and say hello. Leanne says 'hi' to everyone..we were supposed to meet with her & Drew today but she had some things come up unexpectedly and both she & her little man have colds. We're gonna catch up in the new year as unfortunately they can't make Maddy's birthday party next Sunday.

Although he drives me crazy at times, could you all please keep my BIL in your thoughts over Christmas. He flew out to Iraq last Thursday and will be there until the 2nd of January. Here's hoping he'll stay safe - fortunately the miracle of internet (Skype in particular) means we can keep in touch with him; and he is thankfully staying in the northern part of the green zone.

As usual I have left myself with no time to do personals - all of Maddy's party shopping is sitting on the floor and she'll be awake very soon no doubt. I'd better rush off and put it all away.

{{{{{{{{{{{HUGE HUGGLES}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} to all, especially those with sick bubbas and going through a tough time! I'm always here for you, night or day!

Hi guys, don't think I'll be on much for a few days. We just settled at lunch time!!!!!!!!! YIPEE....we are now home owners. Anyway, Tim is off next two days so we're busily gonig to be doing everything, moving, getting quotes etc!!
    Hope everyone is good and will pop in when I can. Can't wait to move as HOPEFULLY the computer will be somewhere I can access at all times!!
    Tiggy, great news that Ivy is getting better!! My little coco is getting one chrissy pres this year, and it's a little miss naughty dvd!! Just thought it looked cute. Tilly on the other hand is getting a couple of My Scene dolls and a dress. The rellies will be giving her more. Im also giving her a dvd. Tilly's also getting a Bratz aeroplane!! So she'll be happy!!!
    talk soon xoxo

Well if we don't see you around much before Christmas Meg, HAVE A FANTASTIC TIME!!! I am so excited for you about the house settling - must be such a load off your mind.

HI Everyone!

Omg it feels like ages since Ive been here, but its only been a few days LOL

Jasmines party went very well. She was quite the star. It was nice for everyone to be there and see her in her own environment. I will have to put some photos up for you to check out shortly!

Ummm today was the last day of Gymbaroo. I was pretty sad. We dont go back for 7 weeks! However, the mothers were all gathered in a group when we finished and they invited us to go to lunch with them. That was really alot of fun. Jasmine just loves the kids in our class. I hope they all are going to be in the bigger kids class next term.

Bugger I have visitors :evil: Unexpected ones :mad:

BBL

tiggy Guest

I just put some more photos of Ivy and Noah onto their site, if anyone's interested!

Hello Ladies,
    Firstly I have to say sorry to you all for banging on the other day about my friend, I was upset.
    I have had a few days to stew about it and I am so fine now with not being called. I was the first person she called after Ryan was born so that does mean something.
    I didnít end up going to see her, but I called her today and explained that I thought she would have enough people without me (we all know what it is like to be flooded with visitors when you have just had a buba). She said that she had heaps but the only person she wanted to really see was me!! How can I be hurt when she says things like that?
    I have my SIL her at the moment, my MIL is going through a tough time with her ex-husband and just needs some time out. My SIL is 11 and she doesnít want to go and stay at her dadís anymore so it makes it hard for MIL to have any time out. She is not trouble we just play the play station as we are trying to clock Spryo. Jett just adores her and she him. They have bathes and play he just loves it.
    Jett had his 12-month injections today and boy didnít we all know about it. I am surprised you ladies didnít hear him. He screamed the place down, I have never ever heard anything so bad, maybe it was just worse as it was my baby screaming.
    Tiggy - May I just say that those twins of yours melt me everything I see photoís of them. They put an instant smile on my face.
    You get such great shots, what kind of camera do you have? I really hope that Santa bring me a new digital camera. I have been hinting to Ben that I would love one but, who knows? I never seem to get anything on the Christmas list.
    I so know what you mean about the mop baby, I was thinking the same thing when Jett was doing the dragging thing. He stills reverts back to it until he remembers he can crawl.
    Christmas is out of control, Jett has way too much stuff under the tree already and I just know he is going to get more. I think I am going to have to take some of his toys to leave at both of his Nannyís place cause I am slowly running out of room. My MIL is turning her spare room into a toy room, which will be great.
    Kate Ė I have been checking your page to see if any new photos have been put on yet. Glad to hear that you had a great day.
    Am I right in thinking Jasmine is walking?? If so how long ago did she start? I donít think Jett is going to start anytime soon as he has just mastered the crawling thing.
    Beck Ė Lots of prayers for your BIL, what respect I have for him going away to protect and serve. I hope that you have the best time on the weekend. Trust me it will take a week to get over it if you are having a big party.
    Meg Ė Congrats to hear that you have settled. I have missed so much since I have been working. Did you buy a brand new house???
    Whenever we can afford it I would love to renovate one. May never happen but I can dream.
    Anyway night all

Gorgeous pics Tiggy, you've inspired me to put more on coco's site!! I'll do that now!!
    Dani, we have bought a house, but the inlaws are investing so they're paying a mortgage on it and eventually we'll have to buy them out. It also means we are meant to pay them rent but because we can't afford it , the rent will accrue. So it's an uphill battle, but wonderful to have our own place. I will send pics as soon as possible.
    Hope everyone has a great day, better get organised, lots of packing to do.
    xoxoxo

WAHHH!!! 12 month needles all done. Maddy took them in her stride...one in each arm and she barely even noticed, the third was in her leg and it bled a bit though so she had a cry over that one. She's still a little on the light side (now 8.650kg) but as the child health nurse said 'well on the scale someone has to be petite'; and Maddy is going to be TALL. She's had a major growth spurt, now 77cms tall.

tiggy Guest

Wow Bec,
    I think Maddy sounds perfect!
    Glad that those needles are done? Nothing now until 18 months!

I'm so relieved Tiggy...and thank goodness only one injection at 18 months! How are your gorgeous cherubs doing? I can't believe it's only 3 days til Maddy's birthday and 4 days til CHRISTMAS!!!

tiggy Guest

My cherubs are good. Ivy is heaps better.

I feel like a pretty bad mother today...I don't know if I should admit to this but here goes... I was seeing Mal (the youngest foster boy) onto the bus this morning - ot comes right to our door as he is developmentally delayed and goes to special school and I left Ivy and Noah in the loungeroom, baracaded in, with some of the older kids when Madeline came rushing out screaming at the top her lungs "MUUUU - UUUM!!! Ivy's eating POO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EWWWWWWWWWWW!"
    I don't know whether it was hers or her brother's but it was so gross and I feel so sick knowing she has ingested some of that! What's worse is that I wasn't watching her and then Maddy announced it to the whole world...well, the whole street anyway. LOL I guess I have to laugh because if I don't I am going to cry. What's more is that one of the girls' friends (an only child) is over and witnessed the whole shamozzle. Her comments to me were (and keep in mind, this is a ten year old child) ..."That is SO wrong, letting Ivy eat poo"! OOOOOHHHHH, not feeling too good about my parenting skills today.

Awww...Tiff! You poor thing hon...poo situations are so gross but I think they're part of life somehow. I seem to recall *hides head in shame* stories of me creating a gourmet meal with one of my no.2s on my kitchen set when I was 3!

When you've got more than 1 child I think it's unavoidable that at some point your kiddies will ingest poo. Plus, no mother in the world (even fantastic supermums like yourself Tiff!) can prevent a number of unsavoury things going into their child/ren's mouth - I've heard about dog/cat food, poo, spiders, snails....*L* Sometimes kiddies are just too quick, whether you're in the room or not.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{big hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

tiggy Guest

LOL, thanks Bec,

I do know what you mean, thanks for your poo story! he he!!
    When I had the Immy and Maddy I think I must have been pretty lucky because none of that went into their mouths, with Lily, though, it was everything. Fluff from about three months of age and it just escalated from there, dog biscuits, dirt, snails, just never poo.
    Noah shows no interest in putting stuff in his mouth either but Ivy is just another story. It's disgusting the stuff she shoves in her mouth (no wonder she is sick all the time) but it was never poo...until today. *SIGH* I guess some babies are just that way inclined...she probably gets it from me, I was a dog food eater as a baby...mmmmm...dog food...

*LMAO* @ the dog food Tiff. My Mum used to constantly find my sister on the back verandah eating both the dog & cat food (and not just the dry food either!). I guess some children are just more inquisitive than others!

Awwww...I so wish all of you Dec 05 ladies & your bubs could be up here in Brisbane on Sunday to help celebrate Maddy's birthday. I truly hope we can all meet up at some point - I don't know where I'd be without all of your friendships, BB truly has been a blessing for me as I've gotten to know some wonderful ladies in this baby journey.

For anyone interested, I've decided to get off my bum and put up some new photos on the blog. There are tons more but I'll put them up with time.

P.S - Forgot to add the first time - the new photos of the kids are SO gorgeous Tiff! They look like they're such happy little sprites.
    Last edited by Beckibee; December 21st, 2006 at 01:03 PM. Reason: forgot to add something

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast