Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in December 2005 #4

Hi guys, immunistation was ok, even went to mothers group after and just got home - 3pm. I had two other mothers group mums getting immun so it was nice to have them there. Coco cried for about 5 seconds. Felt mean though, she was all smiley then WHAM, two needles in her leg. It's not pleasant, but it's not so bad, i just think of what IM protecting her against.
    Beck, you poor girl, I hope you get some sleep today. We had a shocker night too. I have just bought some lactose intolerant formula, in the hope that if I give it to her tonight, she might sleep.....think Im dreaming!! Anyway, worth a try.
    Kate, I have a baby bath. I also have that plastic thing to sit her in, but think I'll be using that in the big bath soon. She pushes against one end of the bath, so think she'll be out of it soon!! Mind you once she can sit up she'll fit again, so I'll hang on to it.
    Im all set for monday!! Should we say 12.00 midday at Greenwood?? Hope Mel comes back on to see that we'll still be there!!
    xoxo

Me again!! Coco developed a bit of a fever last night. I went out to dinner at my mums, and Tim had Coco (I took Tilly), I got back at 9.30pm and Coco was still awake.
    i had her asleep by 10pm, she woke at 1.20am, then fed for 10 mins and slept until 5.15am. She then went back down from about 6-8, so not an altogether bad night, just a late night!! I held her until 10.45pm and was SO tired. I'd had a glass of red at mums and that totally knocked me out!!
    Im going to meet my old work mates for lunch today, just up the road at the pub. mums' going to have coco which is nice.
    Hope everyone had a good night oxxo

Awe, I hope Coco is ok! I hope Maddy gets better soon too!

Abby slept from 11:30 last night to 5:30 this morning! I was so excited! I still didnt get good sleep, because I kept waking up on the hour to check on her! Oh well! She is so cute today, but doesnt like to sleep durring the day too much anymore. She plays for a good half hour at a time, but then gets kinda cranky and fights sleep, so she fusses and wants held...a lot!

Kate - I have a baby bath that fits in the sink so I can spray her with the nozzle when she needs rinsed. I have a pic of her baby bath in her photo album I think!

Stay cool, girls!

Hi ladies....I finally (after 5 days!) had a better night's sleep last night (11:30pm til 2:30am, 3am - 5:30am, 6am-7am). Maddy wasn't coughing, wheezing, choking as much as normal.

She was so wired until 11:30pm last night though! *L* We went food shopping and she sat with her Daddy at the coffee shop while I did the grocery shopping. She cooed and smiled at him, then fell asleep and only woke up when I joined them.

Right now she's in her pram telling off her 'Tigger' toy. She ignores Eeyore and Pooh, just talks to Tigger and even punched him twice last night! *LOL*

Ok well now she's grumbling despite the belly full of milk and a clean nappy.

Hope Coco is feeling better soon Meg! And Sarajo, I am so jealous of Abby sleeping through the night for you - although you DEFINATELY deserve to get that kind of sleep for once!

Melly - *LMAO* @ the DTD & Motherhood phamphlet sitting somewhere in the nearest town to you!

I misseed Mels last post. Mel, can you come on monday? I hope so.
    Beck, great that you had a better nights sleep, lets hope last night was a good sign for both of us!!
    Coco's temp went down last night after her panadol, so hopefully it's gone for good. I think Tilly had the same reaction. At least it's over and done now...for a while!!
    Sarajo, great news about Abby sleeping!!!
    xo

:wave:

YAY so far the immunisation hasnt been bad at all. The needles were quite tiny! I dont know why I expected bigger lol. She was sound asleep the entire time but she woke a little and cried, but I think she cried because :doc: he was holding her leg quite firmly (so she wouldnt move it) She screamed way more when I had to undress her to show the Dr her heat rash. Then she went back to sleep :sleeping:

Had a rough day/afternoon/evening yesterday too. Dont know what was wrong but no matter what Jasmine would not go to sleep and just kept on crying. Then around 1am I gave her another bath (did the whole routine over again) fed her and then rocked her for a little while and she crashed out around 1.30 and slept right through til 9am when I woke her because I had to get her ready. Sweet

Meg how did you go with the lactose intolerant formula? Is it that Lactogen one? I bought a few cans of that because it was on special at Woolies for $10 when I was changing Jasmines formula brand but I ended up going with Karicare so Ive never used them, if it works and you need more youre welcome to have mine! Theyre just taking up cupboard space here. Hope you had fun today at your lunch! YAY for mum watching Coco.

Sarajo I would love to put Jasmine in the sink like Abby but that would mean I would have to wash up LOL I think it would be better on my back though, so I might look into that one. The baby bath on the stand thing is a killer and my back locks up most of the time its hilarious trying to get her out and up onto the change table! Abby sounds just like Jasmine. She really doesnt like to sleep during the day unless she has a rough night, and prefers to be held rather than anything else! But generally she sleeps through the nights now (probably 6 out of 7) I just have to learn to sleep through the nights now too LOL

Beck glad to hear that Maddy sounds like she is getting better. Im sure once she is 100 % better she will probably start sleeping right through! You deserve it too

Melly @ the pamphlet! I hope Logan went well today with his shots too! Im always losing my days, my new slogan seems to be "what day is it?" lol Every time I have something to do, if its not in my mobile phone calendar, then it gets forgotten! Wonder if we will ever go back to 'normal'? I havent had a bath with Jasmine yet.... Im a big chicken but I might give it a go tonight!

Well I guess I will be seeing most of you guys at 12pm on Monday! How exciting. I cant wait to see you all and your babies! I hope I can get to meet all of you and your babies one day! Might have to work a bit harder to see Sarajo though lol

Kate, the formula is actually a S26 lactose formula. I am only using the satches, and if it doesn't help tonight and tomorrow night I will be going back to fully breastfed. Coco just took her first ever full bottle. The poor bub had no chance before as the teat was too small. We are now on a three month teat and she actually gets the milk!! So we'll see how we go, won't hold my breath.
    Looking forward to monday, i'll see you all at the Greenwood hotel at midday!! There's two outdoor areas, one on either side, i guess we can just wander around and find each other. Does everyone have each others mobile numbers?
    Hope everyone has a GREAT sleep tonight!!!!! xoxo

I will be at Greenwood on Monday. Mum even printed out a map for me LOL but since it's so close to the station hopefully I won't get lost. I have Meg & kates mobile numbers by the way

Logan did not have a good day today. At least we didn't have to wait long for a doctor but he cried while we were waiting (he's usually really quiet while we are out & about), except for when I fed him. He hated the needles, was crying, screaming and got so upset the doctor & I couldn't distract him no matter what. He is finally asleep now, he just had little naps all day.

Sorry I can't think of much else to write and need to catch up on some sleep. Hope you all have good weekends

Mel, i hope Logan is feeling better, at least the needles are over with for now. I hope he had a good night. Im really looking forward to meeting you and him and the others on Monday!!!!!!It will be fun. We'll have to have a big meet up sometime in the middle (maybe Hawaii, so Sarajo can come.....hee hee).
    Well...we had a GREAT night. YIPEE YIPEE. I am so excited but I am totally aware it may have been a one off. Coco had her bottle at 7pm and for the first time she finished it! Then I put her in her cot at 7.30pm and hadn't heard a peep at 7.45pm so I walked in and she was asleep!! She slept until 12.30 adn then I fed, then Dh slept with her and I wasn't called in until 6.30am!!! She did wake up after midnight a few times, but settled easily. I just so hope this happens more often!!
    I also woke up at 4.30am wondering what was going on, but even with that, it's the best sleep I've had in 10 weeks!! She's also done 3 poo's since yesterday which si VERY unusual, Kate, do you think it could be the formula? I thought it might have gone the other way. Im also drinking fennel tea for her wind, maybe it's that.
    Hope everyone slept well xoxo

LOL! only 3 poos? Abby has 5-6 poopy diapers a day! She pretty much has one with each feeding! Meg, so happy you and Beck had good nights, finally! Abby went from 10:30 feeding to 4:00 in the morn! Not bad! Not as good as the night before, but not bad!

Beck, it is too funny about Maddy and Tigger! lol!

Kate, Jasmine does sound a lot like Abby! They even look alike a bit! Im glad the immunisations went well! Im a little worried how Abby will do for hers in 1.5 weeks!

Awe, Melly, thats too bad little Logan didnt like the doc appt! I hope he cheers up soon! I hope he sleeps great for you!

Abby has had a pretty good day until the last feeding, which she spit up like crazy! After she was done, and soaked, she just gave me sooo many smiles and is now sleeping so sweetly! Im guessing she will want to eat soon since she spit up so much last time...we'll see!

So how much and how often do you all feed your babies? I give abby around 5 ounces ( 148 ml) every 3-4 hours, except for overnight. Also, how long are we supposed to use special laundry detergent for them?

Y'all have a wonderful weekend! \/

Ohhh Meg Im glad you had a good night! Lets hope its one of many! I would definitely say the pooping is from the formula. I can put Jasmine down to the hour she does them she is that regular. Every single day. And its all at once. Usually 4 in a row. Im pretty lucky because I just stand there and wait for them, so she actually hasnt had a poopy nappy on her bottom for weeks! When I had her on regular S26, she was constipated, but when I put her on Karicare Gold she went like that. Its something to do with it being easy to digest some HA thingy. I believe that the Lactose intolerant formulas also have the easy digestion thing, which makes them poop. Im sure the fennel tea is helping out, but if Jasmine is anything to go by, then it was the formula. You might even see some changes in her poop over the next few days too.

Sarajo I have two different size bottles for feeding now. Usually through the day I give Jasmine only 120-140ml, then at night, her last feed after bath I give her 180 and first thing in the morning I give her the 180ml bottle too. It seems to work pretty well, she usually doesnt drink the entire bottle but gets pretty close. So through the day I feed her every 3-4 hours, but stop at bedtime and dont have to feed her again til she wakes up.
    Also with the special laundry detergent, I have stopped already. I used it with all of her clothes at first, then used the bottles that I have, but then one day by chance I used my normal stuff and when I realised she didnt have an allergic reaction to it, I just started using the normal stuff. I cant tell the difference anymore, and neither can she so thats the only thing I was concerned with. Try washing one of her onsies in normal stuff and put it on her, if she is fine with it, doesnt break out in a rash or is irritable then I would say you can go to normal now too.

Melly sorry to hear that Logan had a bad time at the Doctors! How did he go last night? Hope you got to catch up on your sleep! I cant wait to meet him!

Jasmine has two big red welts on her legs where the needles went in, the Doctor told me that might happen and he said just to leave them alone and they will go away. They look shocking, like a mosquito has attacked her lol but they dont seem to be upsetting her. She woke up this morning and was a bit hot, so I was worried she had a fever, but she was 36.3 according to the thermometer so I guess thats normal? I must find out what temperature is too high. She slept totally fine though. I have her cot mobile attached to the rocker now, it looks totally ridiculous but it fascinates her and puts her to sleep. Mind you it plays a song and turns around on its own, but its a wind up thing, so every 5 mins I have to go and wind it up

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Meg, Melly and Christie I will see you Monday

Kate, just wondering if you can help. Coco takes half the bottle fine and then she starts grunting as though she has really bad wind. Has anyone experienced that with a bottle? Beck, are you still bottle feeding at a night feed? I am thinking I might have to experiment with another brand, but the thing was they had the little tester packs of the s26 lactose. I dont' want to buy a whole tin. Kate, is the lactogen one you have S26? I am not sure what to try next. THe nurse did tell me that Naan have a good ha formula that I should try.
    Maybe I'll post in the feeding thread.
    have a good night (fingers crossed!!!) xo
    PS Kate, isn't it awful the marks left from immun. Coco doesnt have marks, but a lump on one leg. They said that's normal. Also I think a high temp is over 37.3. Don't quote me on that, but I'd be going by that.
    xo

Hi All!!
    I've had such a crazy busy few days!!got my hair done on thurs morn..i took mowen and he was so good..only woke up once and i just cuddled him while i got the colour rinsed out, he went back to sleep and i put him back into the pram..was so glad to finally get it done, buut went to a new salon and it cost $175!!!its just some foils and a trim!!expected $80-90 max so am pretty poor now!!Owen had his immunisations on thurs too and he was such a trooper.he got a bit upset but i gave him a little feed and he was fine..a bit grizzly in the arvo, but some panadol fixed that..

Owen has started smiling properly!! i mean much more constantly..he's been smiling since 6wks but only every 2-3 days..yesterday morn i went in to get him up and i said good morning baby, and he gave me the biggest, most beautiful smile..it was the best!!and then he kept doing them all day!!and same again today..am very excited!! \/

i will be at the greenwood on mon at 12 too..am looking forward to it heaps!!We've all been friends on here for ages now(9mths or so)it willbe really great to meet up..also that hawaii trip sounds great Meg!!I'm in for sure!! lol Ben will probably be tagging along though..i hope this is ok..he had to work today (he's on duty so won't be home til tomorrow morn)and since he was supposed to have the weekend off he kicked up a stink and they said he can have monday off..sorry, i know its meant to be a girls day out..if its not ok he can go and do something else(knowing him he'll probably go shopping at greenwood plaza or something anyway..)just wanted to let you know..

I'm off to bed to try and get a big sleep in(we stayed up late watching movies last night, and Owen had a grizzle day today)will talk to you all soon xx

Christie I dont mind at all if Ben comes along! It really doesnt worry me one bit! I cant wait to see Owen smiling! Glad to hear his immunisation went well too. Woah :shock: $175 is alot of money for some foils and a trim... hope you were happy with it! I hate it when that happens, and no matter where I go, I always end up going to the same hairdresser I started with, because I cant believe how much it costs in some places compared to my friends salon....!

Meg when I tried NAN HA Gold, Jasmine was like that. Grunting and kicking her legs... I only gave it to her twice because of that. So maybe you might have to suss out which brand sits well with Coco. Someone told me that Nan is the most fatty?? IYKWIM and makes some babies put on weight, but when I was young thats the only formula that worked for me apparently and I was not a fat baby at all? The Karicare I use does give Jasmine wind, but it comes in big bursts and passes very easily, unlike the S26. The Lactose intolerant formula I bought but havent used is made by Nestle and its simply called Lactogen and its in a blue can. What I would do, is try what you have twice and if it seems to not sit well with Coco then try another one, definitely. When I was in hospital, they told me not to go changing formulas... but what I realised is that not every baby was the same and I had to find one that was right for Jasmine. If you can get satchels of other formulas I would just get them, but I will bring you the Lactogen can on Monday so you can try it out anyway. Also you can try watering it down a bit? Like if it says 2 scoops for 100mls then try putting those 2 scoops in with 120mls, because it can be a bit full on if that makes sense. I always round down a bit with the scoops and it works well. But I will bring the can with me on Monday, because I know sometimes not all other brands have the satchels and its a waste of $20 if its not going to work! Hope that helped a bit.

Hope everyone has a good night with lots of sleep. My bloody neighbours are having a party OUT THE FRONT and they live up on the hill higher than me, so all the noise is coming straight into my house. Not impressed, I cant call the police because Im like the only neighbour who isnt up there so they will know its me lol And I suspect I wasnt invited because they know it was me who called the police last time Oh well if they get stuck into the Karaoke again I will call them no matter what!

Morning!!!

Why is it when you have a great night you have to trade in the following morning?

Maddy was fed and asleep at 9pm last night. I went to bed & expected to be woken by midnight...imagine my suprise 5hrs later at just after 2am when she finally woke for a feed & a nappy change!!! She was back asleep by 2:45am and slept like an angel til 6am. I feel SSSSOOOOO much more human.

*LOL* @ my hubby this morning who wanted some 'action' this morning & kept waking up & crying whenever we got into it!!! Guess she sensed Mummy wasn't really into it because whenever Daddy left the room in a huff....I would get up to try and settle her, Maddy would give me this big conspirital grin!! *LOL*

Meg, nope no bottle feeds for Maddy at the moment. We've gone back to fully BB fed because about two weeks back she started to flat out refuse the formula bottle. Hope Coco settles down soon for you with the tmmy/wind pains.

Kate; I bathe Maddy in her baby bath inside the big bath unless John is home to carry the baby bath full of water to the dining table for me. Otherwise, we take a bath together and Maddy loves to have a nice little feed while we're lying in the warm water.

Mel, glad the immunisations are all over and done with for Logan...poor little tyke!!

Christie - OMG on the price of getting your hair done...you must put up photos though!!!

P.S - We went to an engagement party yesterday but before we went shopping at Pumpkin Patch....hehehe I LOVE their new winter range for baby girls in chocolate brown & pink. Saw the most gorgeous fluffy pink Russian style beret hat and HAD to buy it for Maddy. She wore it yesterday with her little grey & pink dress, knitted pink cardy and I bought hersome pink stockings....she looked uber cute. Will try and upload some photos of us from yesterday todat sometime.

Christie, Wow at the price of getting your hair done. On Australia Day when I got mine done, full colour, caramel and blonde foils and then hair cut to shoulder length and layered, that cost me $240 :shock: The last place I had it done at a year earlier only charged me $140 lol... But the hair dresser was really nice and said if I needed to I could take Logan in next time and some one there would look after him heh I'm just not sure if it was all worth $240! Although she did say it'd be $70 cheaper next time

DF told me yesterday that he isn't working on Monday and we should go out somewhere for my birthday (Isn't until Thursday), but he had completely forgotten that I won't be home heh. He offered to watch Logan, then I told him that he is going to Sydney with me. The look of relief on DFs face was priceless.

Beck YAY for the good night, hope it happens again!! I will try formula again tonight and then decide whether or not we need it. She slept ok until midnight last night, but it's after that that she is unsettled, and Im not giving her a bottle at midnight, i can barely get myself to her cot and back to bed!!
    anyway, really looking forward to tomorrow, will see you guys at 12. Wish everyone else could be there too.
    Sarajo, how are you going? Hope Abby's sleeping well and keeping her food down!!
    xo

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast