Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in December 2005 #4

One is Diphtheria/tetanus/perussis & polio; the 2nd is Hib/Hepatitis B; 3rd was Pneumoccocal. The last one was the worst...she really screamed on that one.

Hugs to you Meg...hope you're feeling better soon! I have a swollen left gland in my throat but it's just because of my wisdom tooth being pulled.

Thanks beck, Im sure coco got all those immun, so maybe they just do two here? Who knows, I didn't even question it! Will go and check the blue book!
    Im feeling so tired and sick, Ive taken so many tablets (all ok, like vit C, multivitamin, garlic, panadol etc). Just want to feel WELL!!
    hope everyone's had a good day! xo

Beck poor Maddy. Three needles? Omg Jasmine only had two also (maybe its different in different states or something, because I know they combined the immunisations so they only have to give 2 needles here) and that was bad enough for me to watch! Ouch YAY for the weight gain!! Congratulations!

Meg I LOL at you jumping out of bed! Its funny, but poor you with waking Coco! I havent had the chance to use my Angelcare monitor yet, I actually forgot about it. I really should start using it when I put Jasmine down in the cradle. Glad Coco slept well for you though after that!

I didnt hardly sleep at all last night, I couldnt sleep so I was watching TV and making all this noise which kept waking Jasmine up, but I didnt care I didnt mind her being awake when I couldnt sleep anyway lol It was just so bloody hot, and the a/c just seemed to cold I couldnt find a temperature balance and I was just furious. Then I finally get to sleep about 5am, Jasmine was sleeping from around 3am and at 8am my friend rang me to ask me to look after her daughter (Miss 9 who I adore) because she didnt want to go to school today because her new baby half sister was born this morning and she wanted to go see her at the hospital. Her Dad and his girlfriend have one baby who just turned ONE last week, and her new baby was born this morning. I feel so sorry for that girl lol she is only 22 too! The most awful thing happened to her though, she gave birth all fine and the baby was healthy but she couldnt deliver the placenta and her uterus clamped down so they had to rush her off to perform surgery to remove it. 3 HOURS LATER she wakes up and found out that they had given her baby a bottle. She has been crying all day long because no one asked her (they asked the Dad and he didnt know what to do so he said give her the bottle) and so the babies first feed was a bottle. She is now BF but she just feels robbed. Which I totally understand. It was 3 hours, its not like the baby would have been starving or anything. They only take a tiny amount when they are first fed anyway.... but how devastating to have that taken away from you. I feel very sorry for her. I would be furious. If you knew my friends ex, the babies Dad you wouldnt be surprised he doesnt understand......
    Anyway its exciting for Miss 9 to have 2 baby sisters so we had a fun day. Jasmine just loves the attention Miss 9 gives her lol But Im sooooo tired. I put the Peace Baby CD on and I could feel my eyes rolling back lol so I thought I would come here and wake myself up a bit!!

Hope everyone is well!

Maddy is never going to sleep at 6pm again! *L* She slept til 10pm and then woke up every 2hrs all night (like she would normally but much later in the morning!)

Poor little chooken's temperature is a little high for her - 37.3 (by ear thermometer) but FIL says she's ok; so I gave her a dose of children's panadol again this morning. Her head feels so hot and she's just a little grumbly. MIL has taken her for a walk in the pram so I can get dressed & have some breakfast.

The poor bubby! Coco had a temp too after teh needles. Went after about 24 hours. Bummer about the sleep!! Have you tried topping her up with EBM at night before her last feed to see if that helps. It really helped Coco, and the formula didn't.
    anyway, gotta run, the damn gardener has started the leaf blower SO annoyed, Coco WAS asleep...

Ladies I dont know if Im allowed to put this here, so it might get edited but I will give it a try

Did you know that if you use MSN Messenger, you can now add a Tresillian Nurse to your MSN? Ive only just had it on this morning and I havent needed to speak to her yet, so I dont know how busy she is or anything at all. The hours she is available are 9.00am-3.00pm Tuesday to Friday. It might come in handy one day, you never know. So I thought I would pass it on, just incase.

Thanks KAte! My friend rang the other day, her mum is a tresillian nurse and she was telling me about that. I didn't get teh website, but you can also talk to each other or something? Im hopeless as I've never used msn, but she gave me an actual address which was ninemsn. something, and theres a few different things you can do. i will check with her again.
    Im feeling crap again today and DH has the sore throat too. I just feel like staying in bed all day, pity I can't!! Have Tilly and her friend this arvo, and then Im taking them to jazz.
    better run, Im trying to resettle Coco after her half hour sleep!

Good morning

We were at the hospital last night with our Hannah she has a cold but last night she was really having trouble breathing it was very scary but she is ok. She was the most unsettled she has ever been.
    I must admit I got myself into quite a state when she feed the way she did at lunchtime; she has never done that before.

Gotta run she is just waking up.

Hope u r all well

:hugs: omg Rach how scary for you. Im so very glad Hannah is ok. The poor little thing. Poor you too! Huge hugs to you both. I hope Hannah gets better soon. [-o< I hope you are ok too. :hugs:

Meg msn is just like an instant messenger, you type, they see what you type instantly and type back. I love it. You can use your ISP address too I think, so you can sign in with bigpond. Of course you cant with Yahoo or anything like that, but its easy just to get a hotmail address, download messenger then open it, add some contacts to your list from their email address, I use a hotmail address not my bigpond, and then away you go. It shows you when they are online and available, or online and away, or offline when they are not signed in etc. Im sure someone can explain it better, but Im sure if you download it, you will find it very easy. Just go to the hotmail website and get yourself a new email address for free and follow from there. I hope you are feeling better soon too. Im definitely getting a flu shot in March, hope that gets me through winter which is when I normally get very sick! Sorry you are not well and cant just lay in bed all day!

Thanks Kate, will look into messenger. I too was JUST thinking about the flu shot!! Im definitely getting one too.
    Rach, you poor thing, and Hannah too. I so hope she gets better asap. Its awful being a mum when your child is sick, very upsetting and worrying. Just hope she is better really soon. I am worrying Coco will catch our cold, we are all trying not to breath on her, and Im hoping breastfeeding will protect her, but you never know I guess. What did the hospital say?
    xo

Thanks so much Kate and Meg, I am getting the flu shot this year! FOR SURE!!
    It is absolutely heartbreaking listening to her breathing and gagging.
    Colin has a cold at the moment and more than likely passed it on. I have breastfeed fulltime and I did think it would protect her but anyway it didn’t.

She just sneezed and a little bit of snot just came out , she must have dislodged a heap because I could see it up her nose and I just picked it out and she sounds so much better.

At the hospital they told us to keep an eye on her nappies to make sure she is having very regular wet ones. If she becomes absolutely hysterical for hours on end and also he showed us what to look out for in regards to her breathing (how her chest would look if she was really grasping for breathe. Any of these then we are to take her back.
    The Dr. also suggested getting a vaporiser which Colin has got today.

Hannah was due to have her shots today but I spoke to the MHN and she asked if she has a temp, which she has not, she said Hannah would be fine but for my peace of mind I should just wait until she is well. THANKGOD FOR THAT ANSWER!!

I hope everyone is having OK days!

:hugs: Oh Rach!! You poor things! It sounds horrible! Have you tried the Fess little noses aspirator to clear her little nose out every now and then? It might not help but I thought I would just suggest it incase. A vaporiser is a great idea, I love them and pretty much slept with one every night in winter when I was a child. Im glad the Dr seemed to be helpful and gave you some good advice and things to watch out for! I dont imagine the next few nights will be very restful for you or your DH! Huge :hugs:
    Oh Im so glad Hannah didnt have to have her shots today, thats a huge relief. I cant imagine how she would be feeling having to get her shots whilst being so sick!!! When Hannah sleeps, try and get some rest yourself, you must be so worn out physically and emotionally. I hope it passes very quickly and Hannah gets better very soon [-o<

Oh Rach, that doesn't sound good. Maddy's just getting over her bronchitis and poor Hannah symptoms sound exactly the same. It started off as a cold/flu and went into her chest.

Aside from the Fess 'Lil Noses stuff (like Kate suggested) and the vaporiser for her room; try some Vicks Baby Balsam on her singlet to help clear her breathing passages (she's too small to have it directly on her skin); keep an eye on her temperature and if she seems quite uncomfortable give her a dose of Children's panadol. Oh and either sleep her in her pram with her head elevated, or elevate the end of her cot/bassinet where her head is. Maddy turned purple and choked on the phlegm several times when she was flat on her back.

Hope she's feeling better soon and Kate's right...I'm glad she didn't have her injections today. Maddy's only just feeling better now - more than 24hrs later.

YAYYYYYY!!!!!!! \/ I'm flying with Maddy to Sydney on Wednesday next week (1st March) and flying back to Brisbane on Thursday afternoon.

Westlife (my FAVOURITE band eva..hehehe..I've been following them for 8 LONG years - ok, so I'm a boyband groupie!) are coming to Australia but only to Sydney. DH has given me the AOK to go to see them perform on Sunrise on early Thursday morning. Because Maddy is completely breast-fed I'm taking her with me.

Sorting out my flights & accomodation in the morning!

Rach - I hope Hannah feels better soon! Poor thing, how scarey! I'm glad it was nothing serious!

Meg- feel better soon!!!! When Don and I had bad colds, we wore surgical masks that we got at the pharmacy...they were really inexpensive!

Beck - Yay! Have fun girly! Good job, Maddy, on the needles! Sounds like she was smiling pretty soon after them!

Kate - Hope you are sleeping away tonight! If it makes that girl feel any better, Abby had to have a bottle when she was first born because her blood sugar was low. She then still wanted to bf, and had no confusion. I had problems later with bf, but I dont think it had anything to do with her having a bottle first.

Has anyone heard from Leanne? :-k I miss her!

Abby gets her shots tomorrow! I am bringing tissues in case I start sobbing! I am anxious to see how much Abby weighs now. After that last growth spurt, she has been taking 177 ml every 4 hours, and 207 ml in the morning for the first feed of the day! She has been sleeping GREAT at night. Last night she slept from 11:30 at night till 5:00 am, and the night before that, she slept from 9:30 pm to 6:00 am!

How much did all your babies weigh at 2 months? Im guessing Abby will be around 4.5 kg, but we'll see!

Don's parents left today! It was a really nice visit!

You have a very petite baby Sarajo! *LOL* Maddy was 5.1kg at her appointment on Monday where she was 8 weeks & 2 days.

Just make sure you turn your head and watch bubba rather than the needles...it's bad enough seeing them cry but watching the needles go in...not something I recommend. Oh and I found breastfeeding Maddy while she got the needles (if you're not breastfeeding, then maybe bring a bottle?) seemed to soothe her much quicker. The nurse was suprised at how quickly she stopped crying afterwards because I was feeding her during the whole ordeal.

Hi guys.
    Beck, how exciting for you!! Are the public invited to see them on sunrise? Where are you staying?? Iwill have to watch sunrise to see you!!
    Sarajo, Coco was about 5.5 kilos or something similar at 2 weeks!! She's now probably about 6kilos, but haven't weighed her for over a week.
    Better go and get tilly organised for school. Mornings are quite hectic here. Im still feeling really sick, not happy jan!!
    hope everyone had a good sleep. coco seemed to stir alot last night, but I still only fed her once at 1.30am and then brought her into bed at 6am. But inbetween I was up settling alot.
    xo

Meg, yup the concert at Sunrise is free for the public! Wanna come along??

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast