Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in December 2005 #4

Sarajo - yup, real laughs. She had been gurgling & squealing for a while and she was chuckling in her sleep at about 2 weeks old! *L* She wouldn't repeat the laughs for Daddy this morning so he was a bit cranky! oops....

Abby doesn't have tears properly yet? IIRC, bubbies don't have real tears until at least 6wks...that's round about when I noticed that Madeline's crying fits were complete with proper tears.

As you can imagine, I'm now a mess when she cries. Not only does she work the bottom lip and sound so sad but now there are little tears cascading down her cheeks!

Thank you all for your birthday wishes. They made me feel a bit better.

Meg, I'm glad Tresillian helped you and also glad I didn't make you sick, I've felt so guilty with everyone else here getting sick.

sarajo, I got DF some medicated throat lozenges, which I think he is taking, I don't think he'd even take childrens medicine. Maybe he's just happy being sick and miserable

I am having a horrible day. Logan has a cold. He has a runny nose, but I guess it's better than the blocked nose he's had the last few weeks. He won't let me put him in his cot so I have to carry him practically everywhere. He has weed on himself 3 times this morning while I've been changing his nappy. At first he looked shocked but now he seems to think it's hilarious, he grins, giggles and kicks.

DF told me this morning that he wants to quit his job because he hasn't been able to have the last couple of days off sick. There are only three people to work in the store and one is already off sick, it takes two people to run the store, so if DF wasn't there they'd have to close it for the day. He also rang me from work asking if I'd taken Logan to the doctors and got upset when I said no, because there is nothing that they could do for him. I feel so depressed, stressed and anxious, I just want to turn off all the phones and have a cry, but that would just make DF annoyed with me in case he tries to call again.

Sorry I'm going to stop whinging now, hope you're all having great days! XOXO

Mel - I hear your frustration about having a sick bubby! HUGE hugs for you & Logan. People were constantly ringing me and asking if I'd taken Madeline to the doctors and why not when I said 'no I hadn't'. Sadly they don't seem to understand that a doctor can do just about nothing for a 6/8wk old baby as they're not old enough for anything stronger than children's panadol. You can only keep an eye on their fluid intake, check their temperature and try and keep them comfortable. *sigh*

Hope you are both feeling better soon!

:wave:

YAY Melly hope you are having a good day. I was so tired I could only just manage to put the Happy Birthday in and then I went to sleep LOL! I hope you get spoiled today. Feel better soon :hugs: Tell DF you will swap with him and then he can really have something to complain about. Why is it when most men get sick its the end of the world lol?

Sarajo Abby is so cute! Love it that you get into the holidays.... Easter isnt far away!! I dont think you take too many pictures. If I honestly put up all the pictures I take of Jasmine, you would all think she was blind from a million flashes in her eyes I even went and got a new flash card because I found that 600 pictures just didnt seem like enough space... Now I can fit over 3000 pictures and movies on my digital camera lol Poor Jasmine

Beck Dont you love it when they laugh? I cant wait til they get their belly laughs. Yesterday I was watching TV and had Jasmine on my chest burping her, I thought she was asleep, I laughed at something and then so did she. It was hysterical. Jasmine has had tears for a while, but she also had a blocked tear duct up until the week before last. Oh and the bottom lip omg lol Im going to be a sucker for that my whole life I think!

Rach good to see you. Glad to hear Hannah is well and hope your 8 week check up goes fine.

Meg, you wouldnt believe it.... Last night Jasmine slept from midnight til 7 am this morning lol. Not only did she not even give me a chance to put her to bed awake, but she didnt stir the whole night! Typical. I bet thats what she does when the Tresillian lady gets here LOL. We had a big day at my friends house there was sooo many people there and Jasmine was in such a good mood smiling her head off, everyone was just fawning all over her... she loved it. I got home around 11pm, gave her a bath, fed her, burped her...asleep lol Im sure after that big sleep that tonight will be different. I talked to them all alot about CC and I think that might be better for me. I really like hearing how you do it with Coco. I think if I had to rock Jasmine to sleep for the next few months I would not be a happy mum, so now Im hanging out for the Tresillian nurse. Do you wait to see signs of her being tired like yawning... the big blinking lol (i call it that when she is struggling to keep her eyes open) or do you just choose a time and put her to bed? Jasmine doesnt wake herself up when she is startled or jumps with her arms and legs, it really doesnt bother her, I watch her do it all the time... Do you think she would still need to be wrapped? Maybe in the cradle it might be different because its not as snuggly as the rocker is. Im going to put her in there for the afternoon naps today and see how I go without wrapping and will wait for the nurse to show me how to wrap with her arms up.

Myer is having a sale today so Im off to go check it out!

Last night I was motivated by all of your sleep routines to try out the bath before bed trick with Maddy.

It SO worked a treat. She had a scream while I had a soak first in a good bubble bath and then John brought Maddy in. She was totally intrigued by the bubbles...it was so cute! She had a cry when Daddy took her out again (she hates that cold feeling you get when the cool air hits your wet body) and felt soothed when she was dressed. In fact, I didn't even need to feed her to sleep, she just fell asleep on my lap while I was cuddling her. I then put her to bed and she slept til midnight (4hrs).

The bath before bed trick didn't work when we were bathing her on her own in the baby bath but for some reason she is really relaxed after a soak with Mummy in the bath. I guess we have a new routine!

Kate - That is so cute about Jasine hearing you laugh and then laughing herself! YAY for you having a terrific sleep....your little girl is just toying with you! *LOL*

Kate I wouldn't worry too much about teh wrapping. Is she in a sleeping bag? Maybe you could wrap her under her arms so her arms are free. Just ask the lady, Im sure she'll not make you do anything you don't want to.
    As with putting her to sleep, they recommend that a baby this age not be awake for more than 1.5 hours. So from wake up you time 1.5 hours OR you watch for tired signs. I find as SOON as Coco starts kicking legs and arms like a MAD woman, it's bed! ANd if I get her down then, she's more likely to go to sleep quicker. Although ni the arvo/ night I find it harder as I don't want her to nap at 5.30, so I try to keep her up until 7pm. It's getting hard!! But Im trying to feed her every night at 7pm and then bed 7.30 so we have some routine. I've been doing that for about a week. Makes it easier having a bedtime!
    beck ,so cute that Maddy laughed. Coco has only laughed in her sleep (gave me theshock of a lifetime) but hasn't laughed for me when awake. im desperate to hear it though!!
    Had my last mothers group today. We're on our own now!! We'll still meet same time and day.
    Hope Mel that your'e feeling better and Logan too. You poor thing. Im thinking of you. Try not to get stressed or anxious.I know it's easier said than done!!
    xoxo

Thanks Meg. Yep we have a few grobags and a couple of the regular sleeping bags...... She loves them.
    The midwife ended up coming over around 6pm this evening.
    I did not know that they were only supposed to be awake 1.5 hours at a time, but she told me that too. She was really shocked when I told her when Jasmine is overtired and fighting me she can be awake for 8 hours lol but it hasnt happened that bad for a while. Funny thing was as soon as she got there she was like.... ok so you have just fed her and she was awake for about 2 hours before that? I dont know HOW she knew because I didnt tell her at all. She said I should wrap her from underneath her arms down.... and showed me how, but she also said I could stick to the grobags and sleeping bags, but only if Jasmine is recognising them as bed time signs?
    Anyway I didnt get to try it out again tonight, she is fast asleep already and went to sleep while I was feeding her, burped but didnt even open her eyes lol So I guess maybe she was playing up when she was in her growth spurt thing and now she is back to sleeping as normal? I dont know when I will get the chance to put the routine into place if she keeps sleeping like this. But hey Im not complaining. If she wants to sleep like this 11-6 or 12-7 thats fine with me, suits me perfectly to be honest. She doesnt really 'wake up' til 10am-11am anyway when she sleeps through and goes to bed early.
    Still its good to be prepared and now I wont freak out next time it happens and I wont feel so useless.

I guess I really should just go to bed myself now!

Hey ladies! I'm off to the dentist today (I have THE worst teeth and I've been avoiding the dentist....had such a bad time lately with pain from holes in my teeth - exaggerated by pregnancy) that I've given in and am finally getting them looked at!

Maddy was so good last night. A princess for Daddy while at the coffee shop while I did the grocery shopping and then when we got home; she had a feed and went off to bed at 11pm. Slept in her bassinet (yay...first time in about 4 weeks since she's been sick) until 4:30am. Longest stretch yet! Fed her and she went back to sleep til 6:00am when Daddy got up to go to work.

MAn! How often are these growth spurts? Abby ate 5 oz abd then wanted 1 more, and then just 2 hours later was hungry AGAIN! Its crazy! So she took about 4 oz that time. I thought that would put her to sleep for sure but she is still up playing. She hasnt slept since 11:00am and it is 3:20. I am so busy trying to get ready for Don's parents, but it is really hard while she is awake and hungry all the time! Oh no, shes fussing! I hope it is a tired fuss and she will go back to sleep!

Hi guys, sounds like Beck and Kate had good nights! Excellent!! We had a pretty good one here too. got Coco to sleep at 7.40pm and she woke at 11.50 or something, next thing I know it was 1am (I did get up and settle a few times in between though) so I fed and she went back down by 2am and slept in her cot until 6.45am!! VERY exciting that she slept until then. But the PAIN of not feeding often was huge!!! Such a relief when i got to feed her!! I will be so happy if she continues to only wake once andthen sleep through. I have been very strict about 7pm feed then bed, so she really knows it's bedtime and not nap time!! I think once daylight savings ends it will be great as it will be really dark then, and easier to sleep... I hope!!
    Kate, good that you have had a midwife come over, even if you don't use all of what she says, it's good to have it as back up!! But if Jasmine's sleeping so long I guess it's best to leave well alone!
    Gotta run, want to watch medium while she has her nap! I record EVERYTHING now!! xoxo

Sarajo, have fun with the inlaws, and I hope Abby sleeps for you
    !! xoxoxo

Thats wonderful Meg!

Abby finally went to sleep! It is 5:15 here, so she had been up for over 6 hours straight. A lot of crying! Sigh, Im worn out! She ate again at 4:00, took another 3 oz. I think she must be so tired now, I think she will sleep for a good 3 hours...we'll see!

Hope you all have great days! O

Good Afternoon!!!

Sarajo, I know what you mean by being totally worn out by the constant crying, the other night Colin had a meeting and he didn’t get home until just after 10pm and my little girl just cried from about 5.15pm until 10.00 and I just walked the streets for about 1.5 hours just because I just couldn’t settle her and I felt like the walls were caving in on me!! I really shouldn’t complain, the really is the first time I have felt like I couldn’t cope. I hope Abby slept well and you also got some sleep!!!

Meg, Hey sounds like Coco is starting to settle and sleep well for you! Praying for you that it continues!!! I also do the same thing once Hannah starts showing sins of tiredness WRAP AND THEN BED!!! I have been doing this for weeks and I think it was once of best bits of advice I have been given!! It is hard to do all the time because life goes on and we have stuff to do that takes us away from the house (THANKGOD!!!) I hear you about the boobs!!!! I feed Hannah roughly every three hours during the day and then it bath and then bed and that first sleep can last from 4.5- 8hours and my boobs are just rock hard, the first time she slept 8 hours I had to get up and express.

Beck I hear you about the dentist. I went last Thursday and I had to have a filling. My dentist told me there was a possibility that bubs could be unsettled and may not feed well due to the release of stress hormones. Hannah feed ok but was a little unsettled. Just thought I would tell you just I case Maddy is unsettled for you and your dentist do not mention it. Yay on having a better night! Hope it continues!

Kate Sounds like Jasmine had a good night!! I am going to get one of those gro bags. How coll that they came out to your house!! Even if you only use a couple of their ideas then that’s a bonus.
    I am really doing really well and I am just loving motherhood, I have my days where I feel like I am a little isolated but that is my own fault, Now that I am happy express and Hannah has had her first bottle I am happy to leave her even its just for a couple of hours.

Mel I hope you and Logan are both feeling better! I hope you are feeling better emotionally then you were the other day. Xxxx

Well Hannah’s check up went well she is now just over 6 kilos and 56.7cm in length and she is nice and strong. She has her shots on Tuesday and then mothers group starts on Wednesday afternoon

Talk soon

:wave:

I had to give back the rental car this morning and pick up my crappy car so sad about it that Im thinking I might buy a new car this weekend. So Im excited about that. I think I need one with more headroom, because I find it difficult to get Jasmine in and out of the car seat without bumping my head LOL!

Beck my teeth are exactly the same. I had a dentist appointment yesterday but I cancelled it because Jasmine was still asleep and I didnt want to wake her.... well maybe I didnt want to go to the dentist too lol but its getting to the point where cold drinks are hurting my teeth so I really have to go. Pregnancy really did my teeth no favours.

Sarajo I hope you have a good time with the inlaws there. Im sure once they get there Abby will go right to sleep and be a perfect little angel the whole time lol. As for the growth spurts I hear you lol I have no idea when they start or stop. Jasmine seems to have just gotten out of hers.

Meg way to go on the night sleep. Ouch @ the pain from not feeding. I forgot about daylight savings woo hoo I hope its not far away! One thing the midwife said Im not sure about. Jasmines cradle is one of those ones that rock... and she said I should sit there and rock her for 40mins each time she goes to bed until she gets used to it, even if she is asleep. I dont think she understood me or maybe believed me that when Jasmine goes to sleep, she doesnt wake up until she is ready. She never stirs so I think 40mins is excessive, but maybe when she is crying it might be different I dont know. Anyway I read Pinky McKays Peace Baby book and I just loved it, I think I can find a medium and I feel prepared for the next time now. Thanks for your help too :flower:

Rach I feel the same about the walls closing in! I just wish it would cool down a bit here so I could take Jasmine for a walk in the pram. I havent even had a chance to use it, because she just doesnt like being in it, but Im sure if I was walking outside she would love it. I love the grobags, especially because of the temperature control. They look so comfortable, too bad they dont make them in adult sizes LOL. Im glad to hear you are doing so well and enjoying motherhood! You sound like you have got it all under control and are a great mum. Well done! Good Luck with mothers group.. I am yet to get there but am hoping this coming Monday I can make an appearance.

Ohhh its so hot here I cant be anywhere else except under the a/c. Where oh where is winter and when is it going to get here!!!!

Kate I hear you, I am SO over summer. I am hanging to be able to put a jumper on!! I wouldn't worry too much about the rocking, I'd say what she is saying is for babies that have trouble settling. When I was rocking Coco they told me to rock for 40 minutes as it gets them over the 30 minute REM sleep and into deep sleep, so she must've meant that not realising Jasmine isa GOOD sleeper!
    Rach, glad you're enjoying motherhood so much!! I am loving having a newborn again, and doing all the things with her that I did with Tilly. I really loved things like mothers group, gymbaroo, music class etc, and will be doing as many baby activities as possible with Coco. It's such a great way to meet other mums too.
    I've already clicked with a few mums at mothers group which is exciting, MUCH better than my experience with tilly's group!!
    Coco had her first ever long daytime sleep this morning, nearly 3 hours!!!!!!!! She's had a half hour one since and is now having another nap. So exciting, although I wont be home every day to do that. Of course I didn't have a sleep as it was from 8.30 am, about the only time I do feel slightly human!!
    hope everyone's having a good day, think Im going to get the air con going, it's abit hot in here! ox

Not a happy Becka....turns out my wisdom tooth was basically all rotted so I had it pulled. It was breaking apart as he was twisting it, trying to get it loose. Wasn't bad until 1:3pm when the anaesthetic wore off and it felt like someone had bashed my jaw in with a metal baseball bat. Lets just say I was bawling my eyes out at Mum's and she had to drive up to the chemist to get me some Panadeine. It's still a dull ache but that was not fun. I have to go back in two weeks to have a proper check-up done...fillings I can handle but if they want to pull any more teeth...well I'd rather they rot and fall out of my mouth. Anyway, I can hardly open my mouth let alone eat...guess it's a crash/soft food diet for me over the next few days!

Leanne said to say 'hi'; she's hoping to catch up at the Brisbane BB catch-up next Friday. She misses everyone and she has a delightful sleeper in little Drew. Apparently sleep is his new hobby...I asked her if she wants to swap! hehehe Oh well, she deserves it after I heard all of her labour story!

Gosh, that's right, we havent' even heard Leanne's birth story. I miss her on here, please say hi if you see her at the meet up.
    Beck, BUMMER about your tooth, I soo hope you're feeling better soon. At least once it is all healed you don't have to worry about it ever again!!
    I went to the dentist when Coco was 6 weeks. All was ok thank goodness, but I had root canal a few years ago (fault of dentist, they coated my back tooth but obviously didn't clean it properly and it rotted over 15 years....). Anyway the last dentist did a dodgy job and he said I either need a cap thing on it ($3000) or to have it pulled. I was happy to have it pulled, but am having 2nd thoughts after your day Beck!!
    better run, missy is getting grizzly. I just need her to hold off until 7pm. I feed her then in front fo the biggest loser!! Love it!! xoxo

Well Maddy did indeed feed off my stress from having to see the dentist. She went to bed at 10:30pm and slept til 1:30am. Then it was party-time...I got an hour sleep between 6:30am and 7:30am but that's all. She's still wide-awake and I feel dead on my feet. Missy is in her pram playing with her toys...she's worked out how to grab the little circles attached to the Tigger etc toys.

I can't believe she managed to stay awake from 1:30am until 6:30am. She had a few cat naps on my chest but whenever I shifted to get more comfortable or tried to put her in the bassinet...well, she was having no bar of it!

Hopefully she'll want to sleep tonight. My mouth is still very tender this morning...not so much the wound but my actual jaw bone all the way down to my gland in my throat. Lovely stuff. I'm just praying I don't get an infection because otherwise it'll be back there on Monday morning to get it cleaned out.

Meg - Leanne said she really misses this place....I'll have a chat to her when *fingers crossed* I see her next Friday. Maybe there is something my DH can do for them to help set them up with a computer.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast