Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in December 2005 #4

Beck you poor thing, hope Maddy sleeps well tonight and that your mouth feels better ASAP!!
    We had a good night again thank goodness. She slept 8pm until 2am and then until 6.30.
    I started a dance class today. It's called Bollywood and is like you see in the bollywood movies, but also very much like jazz. i went with mum. im going to go each week adn also do a class on mondays which is commercial jazz!! It's like the dancing Kylie, Madonna do etc. I love it!! GREAT exercise too! Tilly is going to start kids Bollywood next week!!!
    better go and feed my little miss. Tim has had her and he gave her a good sleep in the car!!
    xoxo

:wave:

Hi Everyone Hope you are all doing well.

Funniest thing happened this morning... Jasmine has discovered the TV over the past 2 weeks, (I always have it on even just for noise) and this morning it was so funny because I had it on Fox 8 where they run The Simpsons for like 3 hours straight and she was just staring at the TV but I noticed when it would cut to an ad or an episode would end, she would get very antsy... So I changed the channel and she started to cry LOL Then when I moved her to feed her, she kept turning her head just to stare at it, but would cry everytime she couldnt see it. It was so funny! I hope that I dont have one of those "TV kids" lol and I think she just likes it for the colours and movement, but it cracked me up

Meg Im so glad Coco is sleeping so much better for you now. I hope she keeps it up and it only gets better. YAY on the Bollywood dancing. That would be so much fun!

Beck ouch you poor thing. Sounds like an ordeal! I hope Maddy sleeps for you tonight and you got to catch up on some sleep today. Please say Hello to Leanne for me. I really miss her around here too and hope she can get hooked up and back on soon.

Melly, Christie, Sarajo Rach & Tiggy I hope you are all doing well too.

Its stinking hot here, were having an awful day. Seriously considering taking Jasmine in the pool, but Im a bit scared by myself (getting out and in might be a bit difficult) and no one is home today! Its my cousins engagement party so all my family is at that. I didnt go because its all the way up in Newcastle or somewhere around there, and Im so glad I didnt. I would have died from the heat I think! Oh well really only 10 more days of summer. [-o<

Guess what guys?? Maddy was having a big hysterical cry this morning in Daddy's arms while I was doing the salt water mouth rinse. Then clear as a bell she cries out a perfectly crisp 'Mumma!'. It was that clear and precise that I came out of the bathroom and DH's jaw was practically on the floor and he says 'Did you hear that?!' before I could say anything. She was reaching for me as soon as she saw me too.

Flabbergasted, she is 8wks old today!!

OMG Beck!! You have a baby einstein on your hands :shock:

OMG Beck. How smart of Maddy. I have thought I've heard Logan say "OK" and it almost sounded like he said "Hello" the other day, but I figured it was just a coincidence or something. Maybe I just don't give him enough credit LOL

Kate, Logan is obsessed with the TV, I think it's just the lights and movement. If I feed him while I'm watching TV he'll sometimes fall off the breast because he's trying to watch TV. When I sit him up to burp him he holds his head up on his own most of the time so he can turn it to look at the TV. Mum jokes that he has square eyes he gets so focused on it.

Last night Logan slept from 7:30pm until 2:45am! It was good, but It felt very strange to have him sleep for so long LOL I hope he does it again soon.

I am feeling better since Thursday. Still a little sick, but I am getting a support network set up again and have appointments for psychiatrists and counsellors. DF and I had a talk about things that were bothering us and how I have been getting upset by the things he says or does. Mum & DF also had a talk about me today, and DF hasn't had a go at me yet so it musn't have upset him too much.

That's good that you're feeling better Melly!

Seriously ladies, I am SO p*ssed with DH. Last night Maddy would NOT go to bed, all she wanted to do was feed, no matter how much I'd already fed her. She'd fall asleep feeding and the moment I moved her to put her down for bed she'd wake up and cry.

I hadn't slept since 1:30am yesterday because Maddy had decided she didn't really need sleep. At 10:00pm last night I took her out into the loungeroom in her pram where DH was watching TV. I asked him if he could rock his daughter in her pram for a little while because she wouldn't sleep and I was exhausted. He IGNORED me. I stood there just looking at him while she whinged and he said nothing.

Finally, I picked her up out of the pram, changed her nappy and brought her into bed with me and let her feed again. He came in 1/2hr later, pushing the pram in front of him and said nothing again. I was SO p*ssed with him. He didn't even say goodnight...he just got into bed, turned his back to me and went to sleep.

Needless to say, you can imagine I wasn't impressed when Maddy woke up at 2:30am this morning and wouldn't sleep again. Do you think he got up once and took her off me? Nope. He just pretended he was still asleep. Glad he got his 8hrs sleep both nights because I haven't.

Oh my god, I just want to belt him up. Sorry about the rant...I am just so irate that he cares so little about how I feel, especially when my mouth still hurts to high hell from having that tooth pulled.

Oh beck you poor thing. Men can be so inconsiderate and just plain SELFISH. It's as though when they're tired and exhausted from this baby thing, they just decide stuff everyone else, they DESERVE a break. Meanwhile, we havent' had a break since the birth (or pregnancy really)!! I just think men are so much more selfish. I soo hope you get some sleep soon. Are the inlaws around? Can someone mind her today while you have a nap?
    Coco slept great from 8pm-1.30am but after I fed her she just moved and made noise the whole night. It's sooo hard not having her own room as it really does keep us awake. Im going crazy sharing a room with her! So much for all our friends that said "think of the Asian countries where 3 generations live in 2 bedrooms", well they're either REALLY deep sleepers, or REALLY overtired people!!!
    Kate, very cute about Jasmine and the Simpsons!! And Beck, what a baby brain you've got there!! Actually I might buy Coco a baby brain video and stick her in front of the TV!!! We're getting soo many smiles and gurgles, I just love it so much!!
    have a good one everyone! And bring on autumn and some cooler weather!! xo

OH BECK, My heart is with you love. I don’t blame you for being ****ed off!! Talk to hubby and find out why the hell he wouldn’t help. You really need to tell me exactly how you feel and that he needs to be more supportive at all times. It’s not a part time job.

PRAYING YOU GET SOME SLEEP!!!!!

Gotta run Hannah is ready for a feed
    :hugs: :hugs:

Beck, Rach is right, find out what the prob is. He's got to realise all that you're doing, and that it's taking it's toll on you too. Can you come up with some kind of strategy like Tim and I have. He has Coco on weekends and I sleep in another room and come in for feeds, then during the week, Tim can sleep in another room so he's not disturbed.
    Also have you tried other ways of settling so you're not up really late and really stressed? It's a hard stage, but it will pass and you will sleep again (i have to hold on to this thought too!!!).

Hey guys, theres' a hug abub page on this website, and my picture is in it!! Just found it!! http://www.bellybelly.com.au/hug-a-bub I feel very special!!!!
    I just read Laura's birth story, have a read everyone, it's very well written and very emotional. Poor Laura had the opposite birth that she wanted.
    talk soon xo

:wave:

:hugs: Beck! Omg! What a ****ty thing for your DH to do. Completely unacceptable, and I dont blame you for being upset or angry. I would have tipped a bucket of freezing cold water over him and told him to get the hell up and help. Bloody hell. I want to say so much more but I will keep my mouth shut, but I hope you have talked about it. There is no excuse he could come up with that makes what he did ok, and I hope he is very sorry and spends the next few months making up for it! :hugs: Try to get some rest today. I will be sending up sleep vibes to Maddy! How cute that she said Mama and reached out for you! Ive been putting all the 'words' Jasmine has been saying down to just her making noises, and not realising what she is saying. I think I should pay that more attention lol

Meg YAY I love that picture of you and Coco! Congratulations. I read Laura's birth story. It was very well written wasnt it, it brought me to tears. Im glad the ending had a happy result. As for the bedrooms, I think the people who have to cram their whole families in are overtired lol

Melly its funny watching them watch the TV isnt it? Logan sounds the same as Jasmine! Im sure its the colours and movement, especially with the Simpsons, all those Primary Colours and that. Im glad you are getting set up with your support network where you are. Im sure once you have found all the necessary people and are comfortable with them then you will feel alot better. Good on you for doing that.

I took Jasmine in the pool today, she loves the splashing of the water. She was kicking her legs and making her own splashes and laughing her head off. She looked so cute. I will have to put some photos up of her in her little swimming costume. Soooo cute!

Omg Im so excited. Last night most of my family got together for an engagement party and one of my Aunties that I never ever see (actually my uncles ex wife who is the mother of my cousin who got engaged) works for Funtastic as a rep or something lol Im not sure what she does...anyway she gave me a huge box about the same size as ME of stuff as a present for Jasmine, and you should see how much stuff is in there. Ive been going through it all afternoon. Funtastic do the whole Tomy, Disney baby, Safety 1st and The First Years brands! Ive got everything from nightlights, mobiles, to bedrails and toys for when Jasmine is older, omg thats not even a quarter of everything she has given me, I cant explain it!!! AND she gave me the catologue and told me that anything else I want, she can get 70% off!!

Im kind of spewing I didnt know before I had Jasmine and pretty much bought everything, now I have more than 2 of everything I already had LOL but still I can always buy lots more things as she is getting older. YAY for me. How good do I have it? My mums best friend works at Kimberly Clark so I get nappies and wipes and all that stuff practically for nothing, and now all of this!

YAY for me and double YAY for Jasmine

Kate that's AWESOME!!! How exciting!! Yey for you both!!
    Gotta run, it's CSI tonight, we've been waiting for this ep for months!!!
    good sleep vibes to all xoxoxo

:shock: How good was CSI Meg?? Ive been hanging out for it to come back too, I couldnt believe they left us like that season lol! Omg I dont think I have ever been like that over TV before lol. It was so intense, probably one of the best shows I have ever seen on TV. I had to get up and walk out of the room a couple of times just to catch my breath and by the end I was crying like a baby LOL I was sitting there sweating like nothing on earth, didnt even realise I had accidently turned off the a/c! Loved it!!!!!

Morning ladies!! Had a much better night of sleep - 5.5hrs from 10pm-3.30am; 4am-6am. DH apologised for the night before...his reasons weren't really acceptable (he was exhausted. Really? *sarcastic expression*) but he knows I'll rip him a new one if he pulls that again, especially a weekend like he did this time!

Maddy is not going to love her Mummy much this morning...we're off for our 8-week injections!!

Kate, CSI was SO good!! It was a really great episode!!
    Beck, YAY for the better sleep, very happy for you!! HOpe she keeps it up! Good luck with the injections today, I gave Coco panadol half an hour before going, seemed to keep her happy for the whole day.
    I did the most STUPID thing last night, still can't believe it. We have an angel care monitor that has an alarm if they stop breathing. ANyway, DH and I ALWAYS forget to turn it off when we get her out of the bed. So last night I must have dreamt that it went off, and I DIVED out of bed and (we worked out if you bump the cot the alarm stops) I bump the cot BIG time with my hip, and just as im doing it I realise Coco is fast asleep IN the cot.11.30pm and I have woken her up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I lay there for the next half hour (whilst resettling her) just totally angry at myself (I was also laughing a bit as it was absolutely ridiculous)!!Anyway, she slept until 2am and then again from 3-7am, so it was still good.
    gotta run, have a good day xoxo

Back from the drs. Maddy has grown 4cms & put on 400grams in 2 1/2 weeks! She's 5.1kgs now! Very proud of my little cherub, especially now that it's completely off my breast-milk and she won't take comp/FF feeds anymore.

Maddy cried her little eyes out when the needles went in (cant believe they need three needles - it's barbaric!) and by the 2nd one she knew exactly what was happening. I fed her as they gave her the needles so at least that semi-distracted her. Because she tensed her muscles up, it made her legs bleed! Mummy wanted to cry too...but we're home now and I've stripped her down to her nappy & singlet and she's laying on the lounge smiling and kicking my arm to remind me she's still there. Gave her some Children's panadol when we got home so she seems quite settled now.

BBeck, why did she have 3 needles? Coco only had 2 and they were given at the same time, one in each leg. Hope Maddy is still happy. IT seems to only upset them for a few minutes!!
    i feel really shocking, sore throat again. Off for a 10 min nap xo

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast