Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2005 #9

happy halfway birthday Ivy and Noah!!!!
    I can't believe all our gorgeous bubs are halfway to 1!!!!!

Afternoon Ladies,
    May God what is it with these babies at the minute; Jett is sleeping badly during the day as well. He is only having 1 hour sleeps and waking still tired but not going back to sleep. I think it might be his teeth?? Not sure though.
    Tiff - Happy 6 month birthday Ivy & Noah , they sound like they are both going great guns. How are you going???
    Christie - I love your new ticker, I am with Kate that is a great picture of Owen. I have no idea about yoghurt; I wasn’t too sure how old they have to be before they have it???
    Hope everyone else is doing okay..

Happy half-year birthday Ivy & Noah! Congrats Tiff..those little bubbas are going great-guns! Does it feel like just 6 months ago that you gave birth to the pair of them!?

*LOL* @ the photos of Jasmine, Kate! hehe I loved the one about five photos in where Jasmine looks like she's plotting the downfall of the world! hehe Oh, and wow on the 'sitting up' shots....she's going to be sitting up unaided before you know it!

Christie, sorry to hear you had a rough night with Owen. Has his day been any better? Perhaps he's going through a developmental stage...he's only a few days short of 6 months right?

Jillian, you're right. We'll have to have another meet-up soon...hopefully it'll be more successful than the last one! *L* Would love to see you & Imogen there! Perhaps we can start up a new thread and aim for one at the end of June?

Meg, how's your day been? I'm in awe of all of you ladies with more than one child...don't know how you do it! I'm struggling with just Maddy. Any nibbles at all lately on the unit? Maybe we'll end-up joining you in Sydney in a few months if John doesn't get any job offers here in Brisbane.

Rach, Leanne, Sarajo, Wonderwoman and Dani - hope you're all having a great day!

Have come to realise that Maddy must be going through another growth spurt/developmental stage...yesterday and today she refused to go down for her nap at 11am. I did eventually get her down at 11:30am, but she only napped for a short while. Then, she went down for an afternoon nap at 2pm each day (which she NEVER does). So perhaps, she's lasting longer before her nap? Oh well, I'm going with the flow.

Will put up some more photos of Maddy on her website soon!

YAY IVY & NOAH! Happy 6 months! Omg Tiggy can you believe it? They are 6 months already. Literally half way to one year. Its amazing. Congratulations. Its very exciting!

Beck LOL Thankyou! I know the photo you are talking about. I didnt even know it was like that until I put it on the computer. I must have missed when she did it, I think its classic. Shes definitely thinking something up in that photo! I cant wait til she can sit unaided so I can get her photos done LOL Im totally hanging out for them, can you tell? Sorry to hear Maddy is going through another spurt! If it helps any, I think Jasmine is too. She was very unsettled last night until bedtime finally came and then today she has been grumpy on and off and just not her usual happy self. And she has been asleep since 3.30pm and thats a 2 hour nap in the daytime, which she never has, so something is going on! Poor babies!

Hope everyone else is well, Im off to find something for dinner!

Good night all. Sleep vibes to your little ones

Happy 6month Birthday Ivy & Noah! Tiff, they sound & look like theyre are going really well. I hope you're well too.

Kate, those photos are so gorgeous. I kept thinking "this is my favourite" and then I'd see another photo of her and thought that was my favourite. She has such a cute, expressive face. YAY on her sitting up. But I'm sorry to hear she hasn't been her usual happy self today.

Christie, sorry you had a bad night with Owen. I hope it all improves.

Beck, I love the new photos of Maddy, so adorable!

Dani, I hope Jetts teeth come through soon and that his sleep settles down again.

Logan is doing well. I put a couple more photos on his site. He rolled over from his back to his front yesterday for the first time. I was so excited I was practically jumping around the lounge room telling him how wonderful and fantastic he is LOL. Which he found so funny he giggled at me then rolled back on to his back.. Yes, my life isn't too exciting and I get so excited when he does some thing new..

I hope everyone has a good night

Just very quickly popping in to say to Christie that I think that might be why jalna is good, because of the cultures. I will double check for you tomorrow, but it is a good thing Im sure!! Don't worry Im pretty clueless on most of this solids business. you think I might've remembered SOMETHING from Tilly!!
    will come back on for personals later, can't wait to see all the new pics!! xo

Hey yall!

Christie I love the new ticker! Owen is looking so big!

Meg yay on the good sleep for Coco!

Kate lol @ Jasmine on her bouncer! Abby started doing that and throwing herself over the side so we said bye bye to the bouncer last month! lol! Jasmine is such a doll baby! A lot of her toys are just like Abby's! Does she love her jumperoo too? I love the pics you take of her!

Beck - morning tea Ice skating session? Fun fun fun! I need to get out more. i feel i am home all day, cleaning and taking care of abby. Sometimes I get out on the street and hang out with the neighbors, but I need to get out and go places more! You always sound like you have so much energy!

Dani I hope the funeral goes well. Any teeth for Jett yet? Abby doesnt even have any little bumps yet! She is going to get them late I think!

Melly love the new pics! I love the one of Logan standing! What a biggie boy!

Ivy and Noah! 6 months already! WOW!

Well my sister left this morning after a lovely visit! We had so much fun and Abby just loves her!

Abby has been doing well lately, eating all her solids like a champ! She looovesss pears! I think that is her favorite so far! I took lots more pics this weekend, I'll have to get them downloaded sometime today!
    Last edited by sarajo; May 30th, 2006 at 08:15 PM.

Girls I think the one thing with yogurt is the milk solids used. Most research now indicates starting milk products other than formula and breastmilk after 9 months because of allergies, maybe jalna has less milk solids in it? I'm not sure about that one. We started yogurt when Matilda was around 11 months.

that's a worry Christy..only because the info that my clinic is handing out says that milk/cheese/yoghurt are fine from 6 mths..i will definately look into this topic further now..especially since i gave yoghurt to Owen yesterday!!and was planning on trying cheese next week!!

Hey I have a question for you all! Is it just me or has anyone else's sex drive become nearly not existant?? Is there anything to do about it? I feel really bad for DH! I am struggling with this and dont know how to fix it! I think I'll go look for a thread on this subject...

"Sarajo, I TOTALLY hear you!! I think Tim's going crazy, but at this point i couldn't really care if we never did "it" again!!! Let me know what you discover!!
    Now I am going to check out pics. Sarajo, thanks for the email of photos, they're just gorgeous!! LOVE the one with a mop of hair on Abby's head!! Looks like she'll be walking early, she seems so confident on her feet!!
    back soon xo

Hey Sarajo,
    I am with you on this one, I think it is that we are so busy that we can't be stuffed being a minx in the bedroom, it is almost like it is another job around the house that we have to get done. This sounds bad!!!
    When you have to get up to a baby in the morning the last thing you want to do all night is get "Jiggy with it".
    Oh well hopefully the drive will return...

tiggy Guest

LOL, and I thought I was the only one who felt this way! Dave certainly thinks that I am!!! My drive though is next to nothing. Even with Dave getting up in the night and helping, I am so exhausted by about 7pm, I can't think straight! Forget about early morning 'romps' too!

After so many years of trying to conceive and the BDing that goes along with that (he used to complain that he was getting too much) I think the drought is hitting him hard (pardon the pun).

Oh well, he's got 'Mr Palmer' if it all gets too much! :eek:

You're all not alone. If I were to never DTD again I don't think I would mind (apart from the fact that I think I want another baby one day). I used to tell Michael that seeing as I have a baby attached to me almost constantly during the day, I need some peace at night and don't really feel like someone else "pawing" at me when all I want to do is fall asleep or curl up with a good book! LOL

Good sounds like we're all in the same boat!! I actually hardly even see tim apart from weekends. i am going to bed at 8pm every night and sometimes he's not home until 9pm, so I never see him!! We don't sleep in the same bed either (due to Coco being in our room) so we're basically strangers! Still I have no desire to DTD!!!
    Everyone's photos are gorgeous!! Have checked them all out. I need to get some new ones up on my site! xo

OMG... *LOL* Juliette & I were discussing this the other day. I have never been that 'randy' and my DH probably thinks he's dying right now from the drought. I bet I beat all of you though! We haven't DTD since I was pregnant...my stitches took ages to heal, then the one time we tried Maddy would not leave us alone. Since then, I can think of 1000 things I'd rather do with sleep in the no.1 position. I love my DH and everything but I think I could safely live without sex for quite a while.

DH & I have discussed it all and he said he's ok with it all; but I know he struggles sometimes. I dont think he wants to risk even asking for it sometimes; especially when I've had a night where he's had 10hours sleep and I've had 3hrs at best!

Does anyone else have major body image issues happening too? DH would obviously think I look sexy even when I resembled Shamoo the Whale...well he insists anyway! *L* But feeling like DTD is so connected to how you feel...hmmmm...

*LOL* @ Mr Palmer, Tiggy! *L* That's what DH gets when he's feeling really down, wants some attention, I feel bad for him but have no desire for any action of my own.

OT, we had a rough night. We're all suffering from colds at the moment so Maddy isn't sleeping well.

Beck, you win!! only just though!! I've given in a couple of times just for peace!! But it's been a while now and Im in no rush to give it a go again. Apart from teh fact it isn't that great (maybe it's fear that it will hurt, but I tense up).
    I have always had poor body image, so nothing different here. Mind you, I've lost so much weight that Im less than before I was pregnant. This is good, but someone told me yesterday (a mum at school ) that I was "too thin, you're past looking good now". WHAT THE.... I am eating, ALOT, it's just that for the last 6 months, apart from Bf, I have been up and down to a baby day and bloody night, no break. Ifound it very rude of her, and yes I may look washed out and pale and sunken cheeks etc, but that's what having a baby does to me......................rudeness!!! And to be honest, Im not really feeling like putting make up and best clothes on to go and pick Tilly up from school. Sometimes I think people should just keep their trap shut!!
    Ok, trying to get coco to sleep. Haven't given her her top up bottle so not sure if she's going to sleep long. It would be so nice if I could be gauranteed 2 hours so I could nap as well!!!
    have a good day everyone, Im going to see some mums from mothers group xoxo

Oh Meg! {{{{hugs}}}} I'm sure that woman meant well (aside from probably a tinge of jealousness herself that you find the baby weight so easy to shift); but it was indeed very insensitive. I thought you looked fantastic when I met you at the beginning of March and you certainly didn't need to lose weight past that; but with the stress of a non-sleeping baby, a 7yr old daughter, job issues with your DH & trying to sell your unit; it must be hard to keep on the weight!

I'm the opposite...I lost a ton of weight in the two weeks after having Maddy; but I'm such a comfort eater that in the other 4 months I've put on about 5kgs from snacking. I'm trying to stay positive and at least I have a supportative DH who thinks I look great either way. It's hard though...my mum & sister are both size 6-8. They both shrunk even smaller than their original weight post-baby (and my Mum's had 5! children all up).

**Edited to add: DH just had a call from a guy in Sydney about a job up here that he sent his resume through for. Most of the jobs he's applied for are double his current pay so please pray/send good vibes his way. It's great that he's getting a nibble already as he's only been applying since the weekend. Here's hoping this is only the start to lots of interviews and hopefully job offers! Last night he even applied for some in Dublin, Ireland!
    Last edited by Beckibee; May 31st, 2006 at 10:13 AM.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast