Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2005 #9

We BD'd for the first time since birth when Owen was about 3 wks old..I felt great because ben was being so wonderful to me..very supportive(he had 5 wks off work)and couldn't tell me enough how beautiful and amazing i was..this def made me feel good which led to feeling so loving(and randy)towards him..but since everything that happened round easter i can't help but feel self concious and think that he wishes he had a young skinny blonde(which i used to be) instead of me now..this has made a definite dent in our bedroom life..he says this isn't the case, but if not then why did that happen??know what i mean??hopefully in time it'll get better and my self esteem will increase again..

Christie, you sound normal having those thoughts, but you're gorgeous and just keep telling yourself that. Nothing like running afew positive affirmations through your head, just to stop the negative self talk! I try to say afew affirmations a day (ok it doesn't' help that much, but it's better than the negative). And you are very attractive, and lets remember here the job that we're doing. What a huge job being a mum is! Ijust dont think men can appreciate it fully. And we did rent our body out for 9 months!! ( i may have lost weight, but my boobs will NEVER EVER recover, neither will the love handles!!!!) I suppose in a way that's what Im so self conscious about,. Im now a feeding machine and I don't want to be judged on my body when Im doing something so valuable (but in my mind Im sure Tim wonders what happened to my "other" body)!!
    Beck, you to are gorgeous and dont' worry about a few extra kilos, you look great. Also I noticed in one of Maddy's photos (maybe the swimsuit one) one where she was smiling, that she looked JUST like you!
    Beck, if you come to Sydney that would be GREAT!!! Mind you Dublin would be pretty amazing!! At least wherever you go you will still be close to belly belly. That's the greatest thing about technology!!
    Well, Coco woke after 29 mins and I've let her cry herself back to sleep. She cried for half an hour, but it worked!! And I was just too tense to get her up when I knew how tired she was.
    Sorry I've really rambled on. Hope it all made sense! xo

I'm glad I am not alone. I thought there was something wrong with me!!! I wish there was a solution!

edited to add: Oh and I have completely stopped seeing my boobs as anything sexy! They remind me of cow teats now...lol
    Last edited by sarajo; May 31st, 2006 at 12:13 PM.

Hello all! Can't believe it, Coco is 6 months today!! How exciting! And my other baby will be 8 years next week. Holy moly!!
    Had ok night. I cut down on solids yesterday adn sure enough she woke at 11.30pm for food. First time in yonks, she was so hungry she was sucking my arm, neck etc. I have a piggy on my hands, am going to have to increase the amount of bottles Im giving her. Im already breastfeeding and giving 3 lots of solids, so it will have to be formula as well.
    Hope everyone slept well. Im off to mothers group today, thank goodness for them and belly belly or I'd go completely crazy!
    xoxo

Hey ladies! Hope you had a good night. As per lately, Maddy spent the night in bed with DH & I. She didnt want to sleep in the port-a-cot last night...she wanted to feed & cuddle. So, I brought her to bed and she fed for a little while and then fell asleep til about 3am. Not too bad...then she went back to sleep after a little feed til 6am when Daddy left. Then she had a sleepy feed for a couple of hours! *LOL* I just love the smiles I get when I wake up and look at her!

Off to ice skating this morning! Before I head out, I'll put up the new photos of Maddy from yesterday that I took. I've run out of photo space on Maddy's website so all new photos are on the yahoo photos link from her site. Hope you like them...she's so cute when she smiles!

Hope you all had a good evening with your bubbies!

tiggy Guest

Happy 6 months Coco!!!!

HAPPY 6th MONTH BIRTHDAY COCO!!!!

Wow time flies!!!

Tiggy I just love your ticker!

Beck Maddy is getting cuter and cuter everyday! I love the pics!!

Last edited by sarajo; June 1st, 2006 at 08:43 AM.

*LMAO* Tiggy....your ticker is way too gorgeous....those little ones look like they're having a ball!

HAPPY 6TH MONTH BIRTHDAY COCO!!!

Thanks Sara! I can say exactly the same thing about Abby Jo...love the new photos with your sister!

tiggy Guest

Thanks Bec and Sarajo!
    I took them yesterday!
    They were cackling away and couldn't resist!

Bec, your little Maddy is a stunner. She has a really cheeky smile.
    Sarajo, Abby is a cutie too, I love all the outfits!
    Oh well, my net time is over, I can hear the contant calls of the rulers of the house, probably wanting a nappy change, love and attention!

BBL (I hope)... I really should be doing some washing...:eek:

Happy 6 MONTHS to IVY and NOAH!!! Meant to post that yesterday. All our little bubba's are growing so fast! Off to check out the new photos now! xo

PS, checked out photos, Ivy and Noah have grown SOOOO Much!! They are so cute. Beck, maddy is gorgeous, love all the smiles, and love the all blacks! xoxo
    Last edited by Mumma2three; June 1st, 2006 at 09:15 AM.

tiggy Guest

Oh Meg,
    Thank you!
    Have you seen the thread about baby modelling?
    I hope you have enrolled Coco!

HAPPY 6 MONTH BIRTHDAY COCO!
    Tiggy, Ivy & Noah are so gorgeous.
    Beck, love the new pics of Maddy, too cute!

Well Logan & I are running late, need to do the shopping so I can get it delivered before my appointment this afternoon. BBL

HAPPY 6 MONTH BIRTHDAY COCO!!!!

I can't believe how fast this year has flown!!!

I finally checked out all the new baby pics..they are all so beautiful, but i think ?Ivy and Noah have definately grown the most!!!

All is going well here. Oween just woke up from a 2hr morning nap!!!woohoo!!!(especially since i went back to bed too!!)and is in a really great mood today, so i won't stay on long(will go and play with him)i finally caught him rolling on video yesterday so we can show everyone(he never gets put down long enough at our rellos for him to do anything!!)thats all..
    LMAO at Coco being so hungry!!Owen's exactly the same and noone believes it!!the girls at mothers group were speaking as if i was shoving food down his throat until they saw him eating last week!!!!he would literally eat the bowl and spoon if i let him!!!!Anyone would think they were fading away!!!!hahaha

hope all is well for everyone.Have a great day!!!

xx

Morning Ladies,
    Hope you are all doing well…
    Meg - Happy 6th Month Birthday Coco
    Can you believe that 6th months ago you were about to have a baby , go a lot can happen in 6 months.
    Christie – Owen sounds like he is sleeping better, which is good. I was so worried that Jett was not going to roll before his 6 month check up, but then one right he just did it. Jett is the same he is a little piggy, he will sit with his mouth open waiting for me to fill his gob. It is very funny.
    Tiggy – love the new ticker. Do Ivy and Noah have a web page?
    I hope everyone else is doing great,
    Betta go and do some washing as well..
    Take care

tiggy Guest

Hi Dani!
    Yep, just the babies online one, I have to get some proper photo space so I can put their birth photos and NICU photos up... that's the only way you can see how far they've come. I have this photo of my first cuddle with Ivy. Her head and half her body fit in the palm of my hand. Another where David is holding Ivy's hand, which is as small as his thumbnail!
    You just click on my username and go to tiggys homepage.

It's weird thinking about what I was doing six months ago and that I will never get to do those things again. Somedays I feel really sad, knowing that.
    Christie - LOL at Owen's eating habits!
    Hi Melly I keep meaning to thank you for that lovely email you sent me last week. So THANKYOU. It really lifted my spirits I hope things are getting better for you too.

Tiggy I know what you mean! I know life will never be the same, and sometimes it is a wonderful feeling and other times it is really depressing. I think it is normal to feel that...part of the baby blues! I cant believe Ivy and Noah are 6 months already too! It is amazing!

Well, I better head to bed. I put Abby to bed an hour ago and I have listened to her talk, yell, cry, squeel, and all that the entire time! I have been in her room about 5 times. YAWN!!

I was just reading back on the due in december thread back in december, and I started to cry reading what we all were going through 6 months ago. Maybe it is just my tiredness getting the best of me, but it was like watching a really good Oprah show! lol! I was in tears! I am so happy all of our babies were born healthy! I am addicted to the pregnancy forums now, I just have to keep peeking in to see who is newly pregnant and who is due. I like checking in on the TTC threads too! We wont try for another baby till Abby is around 2. I think for me it will be hard to wait that long! lol!

Well, you all have a GREAT day!

Back from ice-skating. I am BUGGERED...the teacher was trying to show me how to skate backwards. Seeing as though I've been on ice exactly 4 times including today (and two gos were when I was 12!), I think I did well not to stack it! *LOL* Miss Madeline was so gorgeous...she was dancing around with her legs to the skating music and my sister sat with her. Then, her eyes started drooping and she fell asleep in the pram while we all had hot chocolates! hehe

All of your little babies are so gorgeous! Can't believe how much they've grown in 6 months. I'm with you Sara....we're trying for no. 2 even longer from now...August 2008, although I'm sure it'll go by quickly. That'll make us due June 2009.

Better fly....Maddy has gone 4hrs between feeds and keeps looking hopefully at me. Best go give her a feed and come back for personals after!

Wow, you guys have been chatting!! I had mums group which was a saviour, so nice to get out and see people with babies that don't sleep either! (mean that in a good way)!!
    Tiggy, thanks, Tim has mentioned he wants to put Coco in an agency, and I had tilly in one when she was one and she got work, so would like to do the same. Will have to save a bit of money first and find a good agency in Sydney!! Is everyone else going to put bubs in a modelling agency? I know that mostly they don't get work (we were just lucky wiht tilly) but it's worth a try for a bit of fun!!
    gotta run, trying to settle coco while tilly has a friend here and they're in the next room. Not very soundproof either...xo

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast