Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2006 #2

Heh. I'm not really into it either (hence the not remembering) - whoever you vote for, a politician always gets in.
    Ah Johnny. We still have to put up with him for a while yet. It's his voice that bothers me the most

yeah I agree he is creepy lol.

Hi guys!

Wow, now we're onto politics?? Same here though, not my thing....

Shezabelle; if you would like to try a Tommee Tippee Bottle I have 4 small ones here (150ml) I dont use them much as Maya is up to 180ml a bottle now. If you like I can send one to you to try, its the more expensive ones that are supposed to be great for breast feed babies. Email me at [email protected] if you are interested. I got these when I had to quickly go to formula as I wasnt producing hardly any milk at all, my poor little girl was hardly getting anything, I felt awful when I finally figured out what was wrong as we had many sleepless nights with her crying she would BF for 2-3 hours straight and still be hungry!!

Storm; I am so sorry to hear about your little ones heart. I don't know what to say but to stay positive. When Maya had her splints on her legs it was very stressful with all the doctors appointments etc, many tears were shed, thats for sure. Still have an xray coming up in April to make sure her hips are still okay. Please, let us know how you are going.

Snacks; this daylight savings thing is crazy! Maya is fast asleep now and its almost 11pm, but normally this is 10pm and she is still due for one more feed before her long sleep till 7-8am. I am so confused, I dont know whether to try to put her to bed or wake her for a bottle...LOL

Maya is using her voice so much now, she gabbles away in the car sometimes and when she is sitting in her chair in the loungeroom she makes lots of noises. Its sooooo cute! She loves it when I sing songs that are on the radio to her, she gets louder too!

Maya has finally graduated to 000 clothes so I have been on ebay getting some nice Pumpkin Patch clothes etc for winter!! I won some beautiful overalls today! Have you guys thought to check ebay out? they have some great baby clothes on there, I'm a bit of an ebay addict.

Weather is getting a bit chilly now so singlets are on and cute little jumpsuits are finally getting used....I love her in a jumpsuit, she feels so cute and cuddly in them and we can snuggle now to keep warm!

Chat soon
    Chantal

Another ebay addict here Chon, it's the only way I'll buy brand name clothes!
    Thanks re Angel's heart, although I'm sure she'll be fine, well, have to hope anyway.

Angel is just about in 00 clothes now, most 000 still fit, but they dont have much room anymore.
    Last night when we went to bed there was 7 baby huntsmen spiders on my roof, scarey stuff, kept wondering how many more a gonna find their way into my house, & worst, where is the mummy? I hate spiders.

Didn't realise there was a new thread just read the new thead.

Charly is teething the they haven't come though yet, she is handling it well. BF not a problem so far she seems to know not to use it as teething ring. She is starting to grap things know, uptil now has been content talking and watching everything move an moving around on her back (still to see her do this???). She is busy chatting in her cot at the moment lots of squeals.

I would recommend the tomme tippee bottle Charly has taken to them and not the other types. At first wouldn't take them then realised it was taste of the steralization solution (as she would take it then spit it out) so change to microwave.

Charly is growing so fast she is actual in 00 in some things, as not been in 000 very long some thing have not been worn. Also didn't realise she was in a routine until we come back from Adelaide and we are still trying to get back to a sleep in the afternoon, but it may be the teeth. Going to try letting her get herself to sleep this week in the afternoon, but not if crying is to strong ... think I have worked out the crys. Tried to start yesterday but DH won't let her cry at all.

I didn't realise daylight saving change on the Sunday, not that it change anything for me, only affected when I thought programs were on Foxtel. Only realise yesterday how close Easter is better go shopping for eggs this week.

LOL, Charly's mum. The TV was how I found out about daylight savings too!
    I haven't ever bought anything from ebay One day I'll give it a go!
    Nat has heaps of clothes too - she has stacks of hand-me-downs from her cousin and Dave's cousin's little girl. Also, she was given so many presents - it was almost embarassing. Mind you, we have gone out and bought a few jumpsuits in preparation for the cooler weather. There are sooooo many gorgeous things out there - and that's just in the cheapo stores, lol.
    Chon, I know what you mean about the jumpsuits - there's something so delightful about a rugged-up baby. And the snuggling is just lovely. Natalie slept heaps better yesterday and last night, so I'm now a major fan of the cold weather!
    Wow about babies being in 00 already. They're growing really well then.
    Jo, Aghhhhh about the spiders! Do you live near the bush? We do and I hate the little nasties that keep getting in. If its any consolation, huntsmen are supposed to be really good for your house, in that they'll eat the bugs and things that tend to bother you. Aparently every house has at least 5 huntsmen living in and around it - we just don't know it! Good thing they are generally secretive, given how ugly and creepy they are.

Charly's Mum; is she teething? I am wondering about Maya, she sucks on her fist heaps and just puts her fingers in her mouth A LOT! could this be because she is feeling something happening in there that we can't see yet???

She has been a bit grizzly during the day, I think she is getting bored, so I am thinking of getting a Jolly Jumper.

She is turning on her back a lot now, so cute Also something we find interesting is that she uses her left hand with banging her hanging toys rather than the ones on the right side.......she maybe a left hander......wait and see.

Catchya later
    Chantal

Hey Chantal, I think putting hands in mouth is just a normal developmental thing? That's what I've heard and Natalie is doing it too. Later on they'll deliberately put toys and things in their mouths because that's how they learn more about the object. Course, Maya might be getting teeth, you never know... Some of them start early, I hear!
    Well, we've had a couple of really cr*ppy nights here. I don't know what's going on with my girl's sleeping. Now she even takes ages to get to sleep when I'm holding her. DH was home yesterday and she was crying pretty much all afternoon. He has no patience and was asking me what we're doing wrong. It really sucks, because what he's really asking is what am I doing wrong He rarely puts the time in to settle her - it's usually me. I'm starting to worry if I'm overfeeding her and she's getting a belly ache. She wont take a dummy anymore - i've tried different shapes and sizes, but no. So I wonder if she's using the boob to settle her tummy, thereby making it worse.
    And usually nights are her saving grace - she'll do at least 5 hours in a block, often more... well last night she only did three at a time.

Chon Charly gums are raised on the bottom(in the middle two teeth) and look white they are going up an down and she likes to bite on things a lot usually her fingers or mine cannot seem to get her to use the teething rings, and has days where she is dripping constantly.

Snacks Charly as never taken the dummy, I have similiar worries now trying to get her to sleep with out the boob, have I used it to get her to sleep and now she expect it??? Hopefully will not be to painful to work out.

Snacks does Nat seem hungry when she wakes? Maybe she's having a growth spurt??

Thanx for the offer of the bottles Chantal, I ended up buying some to try. Haven't tried them yet.

Issy has been in 00 for a little while now. She is too long for 000. I weighed her today 6.49kg!! I have gotten lots of hand me downs and pressie for her too.

Charly's mum, I'm thinking of going and having a day-stay at Tressillian. Hopefully I can learn a good technique for getting Natalie off to sleep there. (If I think it's good, I'll share it with you!)
    Probably will involve crying, but I'll just use my judgement at the time, I think. I just need some help right now. Having said that, last night was heaps better - only one wake-up. We'll see how she goes tonight.
    Shez, if crying indicates a growth spurt, then she's been having one for a couple of months now Ah, look, she's lovely sometimes. She plays happily on the floor and in the bath, she laughs and smiles sometimes. Perhaps she just doesn't want people touching her so much. I should probably just respect that.
    We're away this weekend. I'm really looking forward to it and trying not to be too anxious about how Natalie will go. It does help to know that she doesn't sleep much at home anyway so at least a trip away won't be too disruptive, LOL

Of course you can Linds, great to have you here!!!!!!!!!

Have a great time away Amy & please r e l a x . . . . .

Welcome Lindsay, join in anytime.

Have a good weekend Snacks, like Storm said RELAX and enjoy the time away. They all have there own personality. It will be good to hear how your day stay goes.

Charly was a little grumpy when we went away but that was mainly from not having any time to herself, passed from one person to another. I realised this when I went into a room to change her nappy she was happy and quiet picked her up to take her back to where all the voices were and started crying stepped back into the room stopped ...lol... so we stayed there a while...just like her mom needs her alone time (not sure when that last happened for more then 10 minutes)

Funny how they have their own little personalities at such a young age hey Charly'smum?
    Angel gets cranky if I put in the port a cot, when she wants to be in her rocker or where she can see everybody! She needs the portacot, it's her safety cell from Zac LOL.

Yep diffently showing their personality, seems to know mum and dad and acts differently already. Like she will let me put her on her play mat during the day will play after a little complaining but with DH will cry until he plays with her or pick her up... maybe her way of getting more time with dad lol.

Lindsay Charly is teething at the moment her gums are swollen at the front bottom in middle and whiteish, keeps drippling and chewing on her hands/fingers, a little grumpy but she also has a cold at the moment.
    I know what you mean about the quite if I put her down in her room after getting her asleep where it is noisey she wakes up, can be frustrating, but doesn't apply at night.

I hear you about the perpetual growth spurt Snacks! But I was referring to the fact that Nat is waking more at night again. I hope you day stay gives you some tips and I hope the weekend away was a little relaxing at least.

Welcome Lindsay

The personality development is amazing to witness isn't it!!
    Well my eyes are falling out of my head this morning as I spent about 1&1/2hours in bed last night the rest was up with Issy. Don't know what was going on. Haven't had trouble getting her down at night like that in ages. She's asleep in the swing at present but I don't want to let her sleep all day or she'll feed all night!!

Planning on having date night with hubby one night this week. Still haven't tried new bottles so hopefully she will take it if needed!!
    Chat more soon
    Last edited by Shezabelle; April 2nd, 2007 at 10:17 AM. Reason: can't spell

Storm so sorry to hear about Angel's heart and kidney problems. I hope everything turns out okay. Miss not talking to you.

Shez know what you mean about the nights Charly has been the same taking hours to put to sleep when she was 15 mins.... frustrating had a very tied weekend. Maybe her way of telling me off for trying to get her to sleep during the day without the boob LOL

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast