Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2006 #2

Default Babies Born December 2006 #2

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in December 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Sherie - [email protected]
    There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Baby Formula - What Manufacturers Don't Want You To Know
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids or formula.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Your old thread can be found here

Ooah, look a brand new thread! Whoopee for us.
    Glad you had a good time away Charly's mum. Hey, teeth already?! Wow, that's pretty cool. How does one go at breastfeeding a toothy baby?

........ carefully!!
    Rofl. You just have to teach them not to bite your boobie off. Gently remove them & tell them no if they bite & then but them back on. Ouchies til they learn though!

Angel had her app with the pead today, she has a whole in her heart, & has to have her kidneys tested. So nothing really has changed. She now weighs 5.6 kgs. He also got me to get some stuff to put in her bottle to stop her chucking, woo hoo so far so good!

Yikes Storm. Does Angel need treatment for her heart or will it heal itself? 5.6 kg is great! Natalie was 5.4 last Tuesday at mothers' group... I was really pleased with her ("yay, Natty - good eating" ) There's a boy at the group who is a happy chucker too... Last week he had a feed and projectile spewed three times onto his mother's pants... I shouldn't laugh cause I guess it gets to be a drag, but far out, it's impossible to be glamorous in any way as a mother, LOL. (I've got to admit, given the choice I'd take spewing over the dreadful leaky nappies Natalie's been doing this last week... I've got poo all over me several times and Dave found some on the car seat last night - it had leaked through her seat and onto the car seat and I hadn't realised. YUK!)

HI everyone sorry I've been MIA DH has been away (and is again )so have been hard pressed to fnd time to post.
    Amy Issy doesn't often sleep well during the day and her bedtime is usally before 10pm. Some nights I'm up every 2 hours some like last night she will sleep for 6 hours. I am not yet concerned about routine as I think she is too young. She has just started sucking her thumb (never took a dummy) and seems to self settle that way. I have found that she has a bit of a 'window' when she gets tired that if I put her to sleep then she goes quite easily but if I miss it it's tears all round for ages.
    Storm how was Angels kidney test? Is everything ok. Does the hole in her heart need repair?
    Chon as I said Issy's bedtime is late and I don't mind cause I find she settles better when we are all in bed and the house is still.
    Issy is 3 months tomorrow so am off to weigh her today.. She is over 6kgs that much I know!!!
    Take care

hi everyone!

Thanks for your views on cows milk, I did some homework myself and there is no way I will give maya any till shes 12 months. Now to convince mil

short visit, will chat later
    chon

Hi Shez, yeah, that 'r' word! Everyone talks about routine at mothers' group and I really find it distracting... It makes me uncertain. However, this week I have attempted an earlier bedtime and I think it is working out ok for us... I'm trying not to get to caught up on it, but if it works on a given night then yee har. We've had a couple of great nights here - Natalie has had three really good nights in a row. Daytimes are still touch and go though - she's usually cranky, which is a bit depressing
    Woohoo for hitting the three month mark! Good on Isabella for putting on the kilos.
    Good luck with the in-laws Chon You've gotta laugh really (otherwise you'd cry )

Morning girls. Issy is 6.27kg!!! And 63.5 cm long she is wearing 00 clothes!! I was so short (still am) as a baby and am so pleased she doesn't take after me!!
    Great that the change to the bedtime is working as youwant it to Amy.
    Chon it is safest to wait til 12months yes... Show your MIL the books maybe if she see's it in black and white.

Do you BF girls give your bubs bottles very often? I have a hens night this weekend and so tried Issy with bottle twice yesterday ( once EBM once formula) and she wouldn't take it. I don't know what to do?? Any advice??

I was giving her a bottle every night for a while as a top-up before bed. I haven't for a while though because I find expressing really boring I've heard that BF bubs might reject the bottle, but I can't really help because Natalie took it ok.
    I think probably you just need to keep trying? Sorry - not much help.

Hey girls sorry I have been MIA, am in the middle of moving house. And next week I go in for my surgery so I'll probably be MIA for a little longer yet.
    Noah rolled over yesterday! He cheated and used the couch to kick and propel himself so I don't know if it really counts.... Other than that not much new here.
    AS for the bottle shez could you try a different type? Noah's had no problem taking one of EBM from time to time (which is what he'll be getting when I'm in surgery next week). I use the Tommee Tippee Cloer to Nature range. It's specifically for bf babes who need the occasional bottle. It's made to closely resemble a boob, wider mouth, stretchy nipple etc etc. They sell them at most stores, Big W, Kmart, Target even Safeway has them here.
    Hope Angel's hole heals itself Jo! Is it serious enough to cause her any problems at this stage?

Sorry for being a slacker!
    I'm not worried about "R" either, she knows what she wants, so I just go by her,she is in a kinda routine.
    mmmm can't help out with the BF either.Sorry, but I do know the closer to nature bottles are great, when I was BF Angel, she would have some EBM in one of them, no nipple confusion at all!

Thanks for asking about her heart too, she's OK, no probs, hopefully she wont need an op, but we have to wait & see.So scarey to thing though, coz if she does it's open heart surgery, **shudder** . Haven't got the results from her weeeeeeeee test.What a disaster collecting that was.All this hassle because I had excess fluid when I was preg, what a problematic PG this was he he, hope the next one it better.
    OK, must go,

Thanks for the advice girls maybe I'll try another teat. I have tried Avent and pigeon ( wide and standard neck).
    Well I went to the hen's night last night and she didn't take the bottle so just wasn't fed til I got home. She coped ok, feel asleep on DH. So I fed her @ 11pm then she slept until 7am!! She obviously she is no worse off for it but that was only 1 feed, I have 2 weddings in a month so I hope she will take the bottle by then.

Great to hear the hole in Angel heart isn't causing problems storm.
    Yeah for Noah rolling over Lauren!!
    Hope Nat is sleeping for you Amy!!

Love to all

Shez, I use the Avent ones too. The nurse at mothers' group says they're no good in her opinion - she reckons the teat is too short and inflexible or something. She recommends the cheap Tommee Tippee ones... Could be worth a go? I thought about getting some, but I'm hardly ever giving the bottle these days - expressing is too much hard work
    Far out, Storm, did you have to collect a wee sample from Angel? How on earth do you do that?!?
    Yay Lotus for Noah rolling over - doesn't matter if he cheated

I use the avent teats over here ~ awesome!!
    har har, collecting a wee sample?? Gawd, I ended up putting an open sandwich bag under her butt & then tipping it in the container. I was getting sooo frustrated trying to catch it in the jar, I felt like just wringing her nappy in it instead! ROFL it was an adventure!

LOL at the sandwich bag - good thinking, Storm. And wringing the nappy out - that'd be the one and only time when you wish nappies weren't so absorbent, huh? Yup, I don't think I'd manage catching baby wee in a cup (catching my own while pg was bad enough). Nat has peed on the change table a couple of times, but I still don't reckon you could get much in a cup... LOL, thinking about how you'd do it with a boy - from what I hear you'd have to stand three feet away and catch it on it's way back down
    Golly, we had a crappo night last night. Then to top it all off I hadn't caught up with the fact that daylight savings was ending (DH has been away this weekend, so it was just me and the babe. I only knew to go and vote yesterday because my mum rang and reminded me ) so we were all ready for church an hour early this morning. Poor Natalie - I'd timed everything perfectly so that she'd be well fed and ready to sleep when we got there... At least we found out before we left the house, LOL.

LOL Amy, I remembered when I got up, but didn't change the clocks, so I went to the shops & they were still closed!
    Catching boy wee is easier, I remember doing Zac's yep, stand back with the jar & move it back & forth til you've got enough. So hard to catch baby wee.
    Oh election, wonder who won it then, will have to go find out now, I'd forgotten about that.

Heh heh, Jo. Hope you didn't have to wait too long at the shops.
    Labour got in again - like they predicted.

Thanks Amy,I don't follow politics at all really, I just hate little johnny howard though!
    Last edited by storm; March 25th, 2007 at 03:32 PM. Reason: made a boo boo

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast