Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2006 #2

Some babies pull their ears when they are teething too! Sorry to hear Nat has been waking through the night Amy, maybe she is still adjusting to being home again from your holiday.

LOL at blaming everything on teething Charly'smum, great excuse too I reckon.

Angel is getting better, she is now off the thickner & just having the LF formula, still get cranky at myself though making her keep milk down that was upsetting her tummy.Oh well lets not go there again huh?

Charly'smum, going out in the afternoons is our saving grace too. And we're not dealing with teeth yet! (That I'm aware of...)
    Ah, Jo, you weren't to know, were you. Its so hard when they can't tell you what's going on with them. Just great that you've found what's wrong and she's getting better, hey.
    BTW, your ticker photo is just so gorgeous! I love the way little kids respond to each other. My little 17mo neice was being so lovely with Natalie the other week - stroking her head and saying, "awwww". And Natalie loves babies! She smiles at kids more than adults... loves smiling at herself in the mirror. She even smiled at the photo of herself on the computer desktop the other day.
    Yup, the night waking is a pain, but I know I have it better than some. I reckon there's just so much going on with her atm, so I'm confident it will pass. (Listen to that almost phlegmatic approach! Is this me talking?!? ) But seriously, she's growing so rapidly - changing so noticably every week. And you are right, probably still getting used to being at home again.
    Well, we're going for the needles this afternoon. Trying to keep relaxed. Difficult!!!

Oh no needles!!!!! Poor poor Nat, & mummy too!!!
    I love their reactions to mirrors too absolutely priceless. I wonder if they realise it is them smiling back?

Sorry I've been MIA again girls. I'm too lazy!
    No for a while there Noah went from waking up once a night (Which he'd been doing for months) to waking up 6+ times a night and I was literally a walking zombie!
    Anyway we seem to be back down to 2 or 3 times a night, I'd much prefer once again but anything less than 6 is welcome!
    Started Noah on solids last week, rice cereal first then sweet potatoes. He LOVESSS the sp, I can't shovel it in fast enough before he's grabbing my hand helping me get it to his mouth. It's crazy!
    Also, guess what I won?
    A bugaboo cameleon!
    So excited it should be here sometime in the next week! Woohoo!
    Our other pram hasbeen driing me nuts, it's so heavy and cumbersome!
    Anyway he's sooking so I better go
    Good luck with the needles Amy!
    Oh ETA: Is anyone elses bub pinching while breastfeeding? Noah is and it bloody hurts sometimes!

Natalie did well with the shots - and so did I! No tears this time (me, that is. Nat cried just a little bit).
    Jo, that's a funny thought. Hmm, I reckon she knows its her. I think she recognises herself just like she recognises me in the mirror too.
    Awesome about the prize Lauren! I never win anything... That's so exciting. How did Noah go when you introduced the solids? Did he take a while to get used to it, or did he plough in straight away?
    When you say pinching, do you mean with his fingers? Or with his gums? Natalie bit (gummed) me the other day and I took her off and told her "No. Don't bite mummy" and she nearly cried - her bottom lip totally curled down and my heart broke!

Well done with the needles!
    Oh he loved the rice cereal the first day, ate it all, then I think he realised it was pretty gross and wasn't quite as keen the next few days til I tried the sweet potatoes.
    He's gummed me a few times too, normally when he's finished a feed, but I'm talking about pinching with his fingers. Somehow he manages to grab only the very top layer of skin so it KILLS!
    Also discovered squeeling on Tuesday! Sounds like a seagull!

Hi everyone!

Storm; I have Maya on LF Formula and she has done very well on it. Hope it works for you.

Feel sorry to the sleep depraived mums! Maya has a couple of nights where she will grizzle a bit during the night, I just put her dummy in her mouth or put her music on and shes fast asleep again in seconds. I havent done a night feed for a VERY long time now.

Maya is feeding 4 times a day now (240ml) and I am still introducing a bit more of baby rice each day. She is up to two teaspoons now. I'm wondering when I should introduce mashed potato to her, is it too early or can I go ahead?? its all so confusing from here on......

Glad to hear the needles werent too bad Amy. Second time round we have a better idea of what to expect, but the first lot of needles were horrible because they are soooo small!

Catchya all later
    Chantal

PS. Luuuurve all the updated photos in everyones tickers!!! So cute to see them all as they are now!!

Maya's one day older than Noah and I started him on mashed sweet potato last week. It's really up to you Chantal, they used to recommend 4 months, now they say 6, I'd just do it when it feels right to you.

Thanks for that! The lady that runs our parents group said last week its not really right to introduce two weeks before they are 6 months, I find this a bit 'over the top' as I can't see how their digestive system is going to mature so much in just 2 weeks. Whats the difference between now and in two weeks!! Not much at all!

She gets excited when she sees me approach her with the baby rice, she already knows the stirring sound I'm going to try the mash with her, I'll start with sweet potato as it seems a bit more interesting than normal potato.

I have a list of which foods to start at which age that I got from the Maternal Child Health Nurse if you're interested Chantal?

Hi everyone, Charly's had a few bad nights lately, diffently been a walking zombie. Yesterday crying must of the day, so glad when DH got home, also glad that she doesn't have to many days like that. Didn't get her to sleep until 10.30 last night very long day since she woke up at 6.30.

I have been giving her rice cereal when she still seems hungry at night. Tonight I am going to start the solids every night. What time to you think is the best for the dinner time I was thinking she usually need a feed 5 to 6 then has a bath this may be the best time, as it is the time of day I have the least amount of milk.

Lauren I know what you mean about the pinching, I noticed a bruise this morning from her. But it seems to make the milk flow faster I tried it (a little gentler) when expressing LOL.

Got to go she is waking up now.

I would give her her normal feed between 5-6 and then offer her the solids Charly's mum.

Quote Originally Posted by LotusFlower View Post
    I have a list of which foods to start at which age that I got from the Maternal Child Health Nurse if you're interested Chantal?
    Thanks for the offer but I got a print out from my group which is quite good.

Sorry to hear about charly....hope the solids in the evening help. I give Maya hers between her late afternoon bottle and night one, so its around 7-8pm after one of her sleeps/naps.

Are you guys pureeing with a blender or just smashing with fork really well?

Wow, all these grown-up babies having proper food.
    Aw poor Charly. I hope she has a good sleep for you tonight, Charly'smum.
    We had a pretty cr*p night here last night too. I'm going to give the sleeping bag another shot tonight and see if that's helpful or not...
    Natalie has recently discovered her feet - she's a classic to watch when she's sucking her own toes

Woo Hoo Ladies, my little Floss rolled over on Sunday!!

Hope you are all well & especially hope you all had a gorgeous mother's day.

Yay Angel! (It was her mothers day present to you... 'Look how clever I am, Mummy' )
    My mothers day present was to get a good nights sleep - only one wake-up. Ahhhhh.

Well done Floss.

I'm with you Snacks had a sleep in, well I was up and Charly slept until 9.

Hi ladies.. nothing much to report had a lovely Mothers Day
    Yeah on the feet finding and rolling!!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast