Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2006 #2

Happy Belated Birthday!!

Well I'm trying Maya on the sippee cup, I got the pigeon one that has all three tops...nipple, sippee and straw, so will see her right through. She seems to have got it alright, some dribble but she likes it.

She is happily watching her DVD's at the moment, gee it keeps her entertained! Also got a Jolly Jumper, its sooo fun to watch her in that, funny sight!!

Yep, the great 4 monthly needles is upon us all I couldnt get Maya in till the 27th of this month, my doctor has cut her hours down, but I dont want to go to anyone else as she takes time to talk, which is rare these days.

How did Noah go with his needles??

Noah screamed so loud (not to scare you all). But seriously, none of the other babies cried anywhere near as much as he did (and I thought that maybe I was being paranoid but my sister who came with me agreed). He was a bit miserable on Thursday night and yesterday, but he's back to himself now. He has got a rash similar to the one he got after his 2 month needles again (different from the "normal" pre-ecxema rash he has, this one's kind of pimpley), so I"m guessing he's allergic to one of the components in the vaccine.
    Hope the needles go well for everyone else!

Oh how fun are the Jolly Jumpers? Noah got one from his aunt and honorary uncle the other day and he loves itr. Though when he went for the 4 month check and she was trying to get him to stand and weightbare he was to interesting in bouncing off her lap....
    He was determined to flunk those tests though! When she dangled a ball for him to track he was just staring & talking % giggling at the trainee nurse lol. Took ages for him to cooperate!

LOL, how cute Lauren. He's got Jolly Jumper syndrome then? (ie, doesn't ever want to just stand still - is just desperate to jump all the time!)
    Thanks Chantal. That cup sounds like a good deal - everything you need.
    Ugh, more needles! I'm still getting over the last lot

lol something like that Amy.
    If it's any consolation, I didn't tear up this time when he cried! Maybe we become tougher?
    In other news, I'm a crazy person and decided to get a kitten. Noah and it are in love. Actually their inter-species relationship is quite disturbing! It insists on sitting on Noah's lap whenever it can, though he doesn't seem to mind. He does enjoy grabbing huge chunks of it's fur and trying to suck on it however! The cat just sits there, so they're both as crazy as each other in my opinion! I wish I could post pics on here then I could show you the full extent of their creepy creepy love!

Oh wow! Two babies to look after! That's lovely that they'll grow up together. Your cat will learn to put up with anything if its around a grabby baby.
    I think you're right - I feel a bit tougher these days. (Though I'm not sure how I'll go with the needles.) I've let Natalie settle herself the last couple of days, unless her winges turn to cries, then I help her. There's no way I would've let her grizzle on her own even a couple of weeks ago. But she's so good - the last three nights she's gone to sleep without any help from me, and she's done so quite happily. I'm very proud of her

Me too Lindsay. My DH will take her - he's braver than me

I've been putting the needles off Charly has had a bit of a cough. But going to doctor tomorrow to check her ear as she keeps grabbing it could be teething but want to check before we get needles, which will be tomorrow if all ok with DH.

Hi girls, I have Issy's nedles booked in for next monday. DH is away so I'm taking Mum with me. Issy slept from 9pm til 730am last night!! couldn't believe it. I woke every 15mins from 430am I reckon. We can't help it can we!!

Yay Issy! Good sleeping, little one!
    Ugh, send some of those sleepy vibes this way, LOL. Natty has changed completely and will happily sleep for a couple of hours in the day but has gone back to waking a couple of times at night and starting the day at 5:30/6am
    Hope Charly is feeling better soon, Charly's mum.

Great sleep Izzy, hopefully it continues

Snacks makes me think I shouldn't push Charly to sleep during the day to much.

Charly was really good with her needles yesterday, when she got home had a sleep for 1 hour then was fine, just wanted mum attention and was very chatty. I gave her some panadol at lunch time and before bed at 8pm. When she woke at 4 for feed felt a little hot so gave her some more panadol and she put herself to sleep amazing (no BF yes just need to bring this into her day time routine)... she is still asleep.

Asked the doctor if it was ok to give her farex when I don't seem to have enough milk in the afternoons not a problem. Just feel like some day I feed her constantly from about 3 to bed time. She falls asleep feeding and when I try to put her in bed wake up and wants to feed, but if I try to keep her awake to feed just keeps sleeping.

Hope everyones needles go well. I heard from a freind that the are two type of vaccine and if your baby had a bad reaction to the first lot, you can get a different one the second time which in better for baby (but only available for free if your baby has a bad reaction to the first lot).

Glad you and Charly coped so well with the needles. Hoping that introducing solids works for you.
    We are back to catnapping in the day again Bummer - I was getting used to those lovely longer day-sleeps... even though she was only doing it for a week or so

Issy's overnight sl;eeping has pretty much continued. Still wont take a bottle. I went to a wedding on friday night and i fed her b4 i went at 230 then she didn't take the bottle so didn't feed til 1030pm when i got home then slept til 430!! had....bbl Issy is depositing in her nappy on my leg and sure to leak....

Ok where was I, oh yes. Had another wedding on Saturday. Decided to take Issy so I'd know she would feed. Anyway it was one of my best friends weddings and I ended up leaving @ 7pm wihtout dinner as Issy wouldn't sleep (who could blame her too much to see) and DH seemed oblivious to the fact that I wanted to have a relaxing time and he continued on his merry way while I dealt with Issy. I was so upset in the end that she wouldn't even feed so we left. Does any body elses DH just not get it? Mine was away for work all week (and this week too) and then didn't even consider that I might want him to take the reigns at the wedding so I could relax. I had told him that he would get lots of cuddles and hinted that I wanted him to look after her most of the time but nope...
    Sorry for the vent but I was so upset I missed one of my best friends weddings because my DH wasn't supportive.

Oh I'm so sorry Shez! BUt at least take some comfort in the fact that it's not just your husband, they're all idiots!
    I can honestly not remember the last time SO got up to Noah when he was fussing or even changed a nappy! Then yesterday morning he got up to get Noah when he woke up for the day (about 7.30), I was thinking "great, he'll take him downstairs and I can sleep for maybe another 30 minutes". Oh no, go get the baby and lay him 2 inches from my ear instead! Then continue to talk/ laugh to him in a normal volume voice! Seriously, who does that? He got to sleep til 11 on Saturday while Noah and I were up at 7.

On another note Noah's sleeping has become horrendous! Waking up so many times a night that I've given in and he's co-sleeping right from bed time!

Oh also he gave me SUCH a fright on Saturday night! I woke up because it was raining quite heavily and put my hand on Noah but COULD NOT feel him breathing. I figured I was panicking and picked up his arm and let it go figuring he would have a bit of a wiggle. Nothing. I had to put my hand on his chest and give him a little shake to get him to move! He also did this big gaspy breath, it was horrible! I guess he was just in a really deep sleep or something.

Shez, so sorry you missed out on the wedding dinner Blokes can be awfully thoughtless at times.
    Oo that is scary, Lauren. I guess we get used to them sleeping so lightly as that's how it is most of the time, then when they're in a deep sleep its a bit shocking. So sorry he is waking a lot. I hope he settles down for you again.
    Natalie is talking so much more these days. Instead of just crying all the time (well, not all the time, but YKWIM ) she's forming little words. Mostly nang G-nang G-nang... I often wonder what that means. I deduce by the tone of her voice that she's b*tching LOL.

Shez it not just you, DH is the same I let him sleep in on weekend assuming/hoping when he gets up he can entertain Charly ha ha.... when we go out he is pretty good at taking her but not all the time. I start back at the gym this week so will need to do weekend or early mornings we'll see how it goes this will be my time away.

Snack Charly is doing lots of talking very loud squells, we went to the hardware store this weekend all she did was squell (in her cot now chatting away). DH does gorgilla noises (sometimes with actions) to her and she is now trying to copy him when he comes home LOL. She also is trying to say hello. Charly gives me a mouth full when I take to long to BF her whilst she has a month full... no manner LOL.

When Charly is with DH for awhile (luck if it is 15 minutes) and then sees mummy she just about throws herself at me, how can you resist that.

Nearly forgot the reason I log on Charly rolled over by herself on Sunday with out getting her arm stuck, still doesn't want to do it regularly... but is liking her tummy a little more each day in small doses.

Yay for Charly rolling over! Clever girl.

Hi Ladies, sorry for not being around much lately, just dont have it in me.
    All the kids have gone back to school now, so a bit more quiet time. Zaccie is good & Angel is a big fatty. She is already in the same size nappies as Zac, (although Zaccie is a lightweight) & I think I have wasted my money buying 00 clothes
    Hope you all are well, will catch up with you all soon.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast