Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2006 #2

Oooo guess what? Angel has a tooth!! Yikes, I thought teething was meant to be a nightmare, I had no idea!! Hope the rest come through this easy too!!

Lucky you Storm, Charly has had a few bad nights with teething, ok once she is asleep. But so sore rubbing ears cannot feed because so sore, even takes the panadol a while to work. I think they must be really close as when she bit my knuckle yesterday there was something sharp.

Charly is still sleeping guess she is making up for the last couple of late nights... just meant to be somewhere at ten...lucky the mothers will understand.

Hope all moms and baby are doing well.

I would like to take back what I said yesterday about her teething being easy.
    Shhhhheeeeeesssss she's been so sooky today poor, poor little thing!!!!!!!

Aw, poor Angel and Charly (and their mums!).
    Good to 'see' you again, Storm. Hope you get some down time with the kids going back to school. LOL at Angel being a 'big fatty'... Glad she is thriving.
    Natalie is a skinny little bean (she gets it from her father ) except for her head - it's big
    Tomorrow we are flying up to Cairns to visit my sis and BIL. I'm wondering how we'll go on the flight - three hours, so its not realistic of me to expect her to sleep the whole time. I just hope she sleeps some of the time
    Looking forward to the trip but I don't know how I'll cope being away from BB for a whole week

Wowee Amy, have a great time away!!

Hi everyone!

We had our little holiday away last weekend to my sisters, it turned out fine, Maya slept well and saw the beach for the first time.

She had her needles last Friday, I held her in my arms which must of made it a little more calming for her, had a little cry then was fine for the rest of the day. Not as stressful as the first lot, thats for sure. She weighs 6.6kg and is on the right track so I am very happy there.

Finally got into a Parents Group in my area, seems to be a nice bunch of mothers and babies, Maya is the eldest by 3 days, there is 11 babies altogether.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Cheers Chantal

Thanks for all the support guys. I start back at work one day a week from this sunday!! I can't believe it. Unfortunately hubby and I aren't any good at not spending money so I need to go back for the $$. Issy still doesn't take a bottle but thankfully DH can bring her up to work to feed.
    How is everyone?

Hi everyone, sorry I'm so slack, as usual!!
    Shez, that's great your DH can bring Issy to you for a feed!!

Shez hope everything goes will at work, let us know how it goes I will be going through the same thing in a few months. I have just got in contact with my Manager and set up a meeting for 18 May to talk about when I'm going back. I am hoping they will let me go part time and possibly work from home for a day. If not I am going to talk to HR to see about working in a different division. They knew about me wanting to come back part time before I left but where acting a little strange when I left, saying I had not got their agreement about doing it. Silly me not taping the meeting, any way in a big organisation I should be able to move around. Gee I think I am still a little peeved about when I left.

Charly is trying to sit up on her own know lasts for a few seconds without falling down.

Hi everyone!
    Chantal - Good to hear you had a good time away. How lovely to spend time at the beach. Hooray for parents group - I hope you enjoy it.
    Shez - Eugh, back to work talk already! I hope it goes really well and you find the time away from home refreshing. I know what you mean about the cash - we're the same. I'm just in denial about having to go back just yet
    Jo - How is Angel? How's that tooth going?
    Charly's Mum - I hope things work out for you with your work. I know how it can feel when management conveniently 'forget' past conversations. Really hope it resolves well for you.
    We had a great week away, though it wasn't that much of a holiday, really. It was great to see my sister and BIL, and my best mate and her DH, but the rest of it was really hard. Natalie didn't sleep too well. We were sharing a room and the door and floorboards creaked really badly, so I'd finally get her off to sleep and then wake her up when I left the room
    It was REALLY hot - I used to love the heat but this time I just felt fat and sweaty. DH was out most of the time birdwatching, which I encouraged him to do because he's been working so hard, but he felt guilty because he was doing stuff without us etc etc and so I had to keep pretending to be having a good time for his sake so as not to upset him. By yesterday morning I was TRASHED! Last night in my own bed with my own pillow was absolute heaven. Natalie only woke once in the night and so we all had a brilliant sleep. Gosh, I'm such a homebody these days. But I can't help it - it seems I've become so dependent on our 'routine' in order to feel happy. Hopefully this is something I'll get over before our next holiday... (Had I have known what having a baby does to my head before, I wouldn't have planned two holidays in her first year of life, lol. That sounds pathetic, doesn't it. I should be so grateful. Never mind.)
    Catch you all later

Hi
    Hope you had some relaxing time Amy???

The work conversation had to come sometime..... I have to look for a whole new job as I lost mine two weeks after I told them I was pregnant they said my position was no longer needed....yeah right! thats the wonderful thing about the new workplace laws, I didnt have a leg to stand on

Anyway my little ***** session over, an update on Maya...... she is turning on her stomach constantly, its sort of driving ME crazy as she doesnt know how to get back on her back so I am constantly turning her back over, then she just flips right back over again..........seems strange since the first turn she did was from stomach to back.......

No sign of teeth yet, same as charlys mum, Maya sits upright for a few seconds before tipping over 'oh so gradually'. She is finally swallowing her rice cereal, so now I have something to 'top her up' when she isnt due for a bottle but wants 'something'. I tried a rusk with her too but she just sucks and licks it for a minute then Wants her dummy back.

Hope everyone is well

cheers
    chantal

Wow at (almost) sitting up babies!!!!
    Angel still doesn't roll over!!

Haven't read back too far, I'm sorry, just soooo busy over her.
    Angel is getting better ( I think) so maybe a bit of spare time for me!!! she is, I've just about had enough of yuck, all over me & the lounge & the carpet & everywhere else too lol

Glad to hear everyone is going well.

Jo, sorry - is Angel sick? Is it the teeth that's making the 'yuck' ?
    Heh heh. Natalie doesn't roll over yet either, though she 'clocks' around the floor - sometimes she ends up in a way different place to where I put her! Still won't roll further than on to her side.

Ah Chantal, there were a couple of relaxing moments, but I've got to say I breathed a sigh of relief at getting home. That was the most relaxing of all
    Bummer about the job hunting. When we run out of money I'll be looking for a new job too I think. They haven't phoned me yet but I spoke to a collegue who's been sacked because the company's going bust! So its not looking good for me...

HI Amy, no not the tooth, pead thinks she make be lactose intolerant, been pretty bad both ends this past week & now we've changed to the LF formula, things haven't got that much better, poor little thing though she must feel dreadful, as do I watching her go through this.

hey girls.
    Storm I hope Angel's yucks settle down for you both soon, poor little mite, must be awful
    Work was ok. Issy came in twice to feed so that made it even better.
    Question how many feeds do all the babies have a day these days?

Shez, Angel has either 4 or 5 depends on if she sleeps in or not, usually she gets up at 8 & has another feed at 12, around 4, another around 8pm, but that's if she goes 4 hours otherwise she has 5.
    Does that make any sense?

Storm hope Angel get better soon sound horrible.

Feeds Charly is still demand, in the morning when she get up is the longest she lasts about 3 to 4 hours then it every about every 2.5 to 3 hours. I think this is mainly teething and soothing, blaming everything on teething these days. Seem to be constant in the afternoon so I try to take her out to distract her.

So sorry about Angel, Jo. I hope the LF formula does the trick and she is better soon.
    Shez, so glad you can feed Izzy at work. That's great for you both.
    Natalie is still feeding 6-7 times in 24 hours. Since our holiday, she's been waking three times in the night each night, whereas this was pretty rare beforehand. It used to be once or twice a night. Like with Angel, her feeding depends on her sleeping, also on what we're doing during the day. She feeds more frequently when we're at home.
    Hey, do your babies pull on their ears? Natalie has been doing this the last couple of days and I am thinking its a tired sign, but could her ear be hurting her? Or is she too young to be indicating pain that specifically?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast