Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2006 #7

Hi everyone!!

A huge Happy Birthday Month to all the bubs!!!

A little about me for Blakes Mum
    I joined bb back in 05 when ttc, was a long road with AC. Issy is IVF bub. success on our 3rd IVF cycle after 18months of treatment.
    DH and I have been together since 2000 Married n 2003.
    I am currently pg with number 2 another IVF bub, a frozen embryo from Issy's "batch"
    Issy was born 3.725kg 50cm long HC 37cm via c/s @ 38.2 weeks due to predictions of 10 pound ++

I think that's everything!!
    I can't believe how fast the first year has gone. I know what you all mean about it being bitter sweet!!
    Love to all

Oh Shez will you be finding out the flavour of #2?? Wow only 9 days till Issy is 1 YAY!!!

Yes we will be finding out, if the bub cooperates.. Our scan is next tuesday!!

Ooer! How exciting! 18 weeks already

YAY!!! Im starting to get worried about Laila's bday.. like have panic attacks!!

You will be alright Linz!

Just don't make the food too complicated and have a plan set out for the day such as when you will do certain things. I will layout what I did on Mayas birthday.

People arrived at 12pm
    Dips, cheese, crackers, fruit platters and a large punch was on the table.

1pm I heated up the oven food for lunch
    We had;
    Sausage rolls, pies, small quiches, spinach and cheese bites
    2 lasagnes
    1 green salad
    Potato salad

After lunch we did a 'pass the parcel' for the little kids

Then we opened presents

Then cake time
    We had the birthday cake, some small strawberry flans and cupcakes

I put on the invitation for people to bring their own drinks and had a couple of ice buckets for people to put their drinks in

Hope this helps anyone

Thankyou Maya for the bday plan, sounds great!!

It sounds so simple when you read it out like that, Chon! LOL, I think I'm going to be all in a dither too, girls.
    We are having a thanksgiving and dedication service for Natalie tomorrow morning at church. I'm a bit stressed, as I'm catering for our little morning tea afterwards and so far I have made... 1 batch of brownies. LOL! I'm in trouble!!! Natty will go down for a sleep soon, then when she wakes, we'll do the shopping, come home and unpack, go to a 1st birthday party, come home and *hopefully* Natty will wait to fall asleep until we get home, then I will cook, cook, cook! AGH!!!
    Linz, when are you having Laila's party? It is hard so close to Christmas, hey. DH is dead keen to have Natty's on her actual birthday, so that's what we're doing. Its kind of good that there'll be some people away and not able to make it because we went a little crazy with the invitations PMSL!

It does sound a breeze when you read it, hey!!! But I had hardly any time to talk to anyone and when we did the birthday cake I forgot to thank everyone for coming , I was going to do a little speach on how wonderful Maya has been for her first year and how much we are loving being parents but my mind completely forgot! I sort of feel bad about that but at least I thanked people for coming etc when they left...........oh well

Just wondering; how is everyones sleeping patterns going? Maya wakes up at 6.30am and has bottle in her cot then goes back to sleep till 8-9am. She is then up and has another sleep at around midday for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours then will be up till 7pm when she goes to sleep till morning.

She has only one nap during the day.

Never mind, Chon! I'm sure everyone understood how hard you were working and were thrilled to be there for you, your DP and for gorgeous Maya I'm glad it all went well for you.
    IRT sleep... Natty still has two sleeps most days, between 1 and 2 hours in length (usually about 1.5hours or a bit less). She wakes at around 6:30am too, but she's straight up! I can't imagine her going back to bed, LOL. Then nap at 9ish, and nap at 2-2:30ish (she usually wont go back to bed unless she's been up for 3.5 - 4 hours). Then bed around 7-7:30ish. Having said that, there have been a couple of days recently when she's had a mamoth sleep in the morning, and we've gone out afterwards and she's stayed up happily all afternoon until (a slightly earlier) bedtime.
    I think now is the time when they 'transition' to one day sleep, which may not happen until closer to 2 years old, but again its all variations of 'normal'. I've spoken to people who say their babies did one sleep one day, two the next for months and months. I also know someone whose baby went to one day sleep at 11 months. Sounds pretty good to me, Chon. Do you go back to bed in the morning when Maya does? LOL, it'd be nice to go back to bed for a couple of hours

ETA: I reckon today's going to be one of those 1 day sleep days, as she's still asleep now - it has been just over 2 hours and still no stirring. She might have a sleep this afternoon if the party really wears her out. OMG I hope so, as I have all that cooking to do!

Happy Birthday to all our bubba's!!!
    I haven't read back at all, I'm sorry, I've been a bit out of whack with this move & I think I am only sorting myself out now.
    Angel is standing on her own & taking steps, the most she has taken is 7.
    I've missed you all!!
    Shez, I can't believe you are 18weeks already!!!wow that has gone fast.
    Catch up soon.

Well hiya Storm! We've missed you too
    Woohoo for Angel walking That's awesome!

Hi Storm, good to hear you are okay, but your mood is 'in pain' what happened???

Fantastic with Angel walking!! Maya is happy to stand up and down in one spot but just doesnt seem interested in taking steps

She bounces on a spot, clap and wave hands around so she has great balance but no steps, anyone know of any encouragement I could help her with or will she just take off on her own??

Wow! WTG Angel!
    Oh I forgot to say Noah had his 12 month visit to the nurse the other day. He weighed 12kg and was 82cm tall. Giant!

Whoa, good one, Noah! Sounds like he's doing fabulously, Lauren. Does he dislike any foods?
    I'm struggling with Natty and her eating, although she's doing well with dairy (fatty) foods, so she should theoretically be putting weight on (haven't had our checkup for a while...) I just hope she's getting enough of what's good for her

Hmmm I'm pretty lucky with Noah's eating. The only things he doesn't like are vegemite, raw tomatoes and green beans (none of which I like either!). If I give him cubed mixed veggies, he'll go so far as to pick the beans out, even telling the difference between peas and beans! At teh moment he's not liking bananas or yoghurt but those go in waves, next week he'll be living off them!
    Oh one other thing I find cute, he knows the sound a duck makes. When he's in the bath if I make a quacking noise, he'll pick the rubber duck up. And he has about 8 bath toys but always finds the duck when we quack. So cute!
    Does Natty like cheese Amy? I think Noah would live off it if he could. He's also liking some of the Heinz "Little Kids" snack range. Especially the soft meusli bars.
    Do you need ideas for snacks etc or does she just not eat a lot at once?

WTG Noah, that's fantastic!!
    Angel loves her food she just doesn't like anything that is cold, really hard when it's 40+ & she has to have her juice warm.
    I've done something to my back, I think I've pinched a nerve, it's excruciating & I cant even pick the kids up sometimes, not nice!

Totally brag post!
    Noah just did wees in the potty!
    I just bought a cheapy one today and sat him on it for maybe 3 minutes after he woke from his nap. We just sat there and played with some annoying noisy toy and when he got off he's weed! Yay! I'm not going to push it or anything, just pop him on it a few times a week after naps and such.

Oh that sucks about your back Jo! You should go see a masseuse or an osteo or someone. I know all about back pain and the sooner you do something about the better.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast