Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2006 #7

Fantastic news Amy! Well done.

Sorry to hear you preggie girls are tired, it can't be easy as just from the energy Maya has these days I presume your girls are the same. They just want to play, play, play!

Ta, girls. Of course I am counting my chickens and all that, so I should probably shut up about it til after thursday
    Natty has been a little bugger this morning - I put her to bed at 8:30 for her morning sleep (usually goes at 9, but had an unsettled night and woke early) and she was still awake at 10 when I went for my shower. Little scallywag. We have an appointment at the drs at 11:30 for her needles I hope she sleeps a little bit before then...

GL with her needles, Laila did really well with hers for once. Though you will have to hold both arms tightly as Laila pulled out one of her needles.

Oh poor little Natalie How did she go? I know what you mean about holding them tightly Linz! I wish I knew that before I went in as maya moved with the first one, I didnt realise she would yank her arm so quickly, she had more strength than I thought. With the others I held her very tightly and looked away.

She did well. The dr told me how to hold her, but even then it was hard to keep her still. TBH, I think she was crying just as much because of how I was holding her as because of the pain. But straight after she had a little cry on my shoulder, she stopped crying to hold a squeaky toy then have a biccie, then there were no more tears. So all in all, pretty good. We had to wait around for about 20 mins afterwards in case of any reactions, and while we were waiting Natty found her bandaids and slowly peeled each one straight off. no matter what I tried to distract her with, she kept going back to the bandaids.
    So glad that's over now, hey? Now we have a whole 6 months before the next ones, then none til they're 4! (Ah, except for you gorgeous ladies who are going for round two... )

I know what u mean about screaming as much for being pinned down!!
    And I was excited about the prospect of limited needles after this one then remebered I was doing it all again!!
    Thanks for the thoughts about being tired guys!! I've had lots of people tell me I must be crazy having two close together but 2 years ago I was beginning to think I'd never be a mother let alone blessed with two close together!!

Not crazy, Shez. Not at all. I often wonder whether I'm doing the right thing by Natty if I wait like I'm going to... But I'm hoping my children will have compatible personalities, regardless of how old they are Well, I'm hoping anyway!
    At least yours will have similar interests at similar times, and therefore more to talk about.
    The time before we TTC is actually stretching out a bit further now - I want to complete my study in massage this year, then do a bit of work before going for our second. I hope we don't have trouble conceiving our second like my parents did. (They had no probs with my brother, then it took 5 years to get my sister, then another 4 before I came along.)
    I had a night out for dinner last night. Went out with the MG girls and DH looked after Natty. It was good fun. Went to a Japanese Teppan Yaki restaurant. I feel all refreshed today

Hi ladies,

i always forget this is here lol

Good luck with the needles, its so hard to watch them through it.
    I dont know if i could handel a second kid at the moment lol hard enuff with one. but id like a second when ashley is a bit older to help out.

Get to here the PG are going well, I was just thinking yesterday with Charly now walking everywhere she can, I should have got PG when she was about 6 to 7 months, I'm so tired now.

Charly is going to sleep by herself in her cot with hardly any complaining, this is a huge breakthrough for us, as it was BF to sleep most of the time.

Glad everything is going well with the needles.

Charly is getting her two top teeth, gave her some Panadol at about 3.30 this morning and is still sleeping thank god, so miserable yesterday. Spoke to soon can hear her now.

Hope everything goes will with the job Amy.

Cool that Charly is walking Clever girl. And that's brilliant news about her settling herself, Charlysmum. I know it has been on your mind for some time.
    Well. The interview went well, however there are three of us in the running for the job. So, I now have to wait until Monday or Tuesday before I find out if it is mine or if it is someone else's. I'm trying not to stress about it. If it is meant to be, it will be.
    Natty woke early this morning and her arm is spotty today. I'm not sure whether I'm being paranoid or whether I should take her back to the drs to see if it is a reaction to the MMR needle. I might see if she is happy after her sleep or if she's unsettled. Did anyone else's bub seem unsettled after the needles or were they all fine?

7-10 days after her needles Issy was out of sorts had temps and got a rash all over her trunk.. normal reaction to MMR. When did Nat have her needles??

Amy, doesnt it suck when you know you are almost there, cross fingers you get it!!

I was told by my doctor that they can get a rash up to two weeks after the needles, I would keep a close eye on it and her temp, if your worried you can always call the docs. Maya got a bit grumpy about 7 days after the needles, I gave her panadol and within a couple of days she was back to her old self. Another mum in our group said her bub got grumpy around the same time (7 days) too. Hope she is alright. Yukky needles

Ashley is walking now im so proud....

how did those who had needles go ?

Way to go, Ashley!
    We only had the needles on Wednesday, so I guess I shall wait and see what happens over the next few days. Interesting that they take a full week to show a reaction to the MMR... Thanks for the warning!
    Natty seemed in good spirits after her sleep, and went down without a prob for an afternoon sleep too. She's been fine, so I'm no longer worried about the spots... Perhaps it is heat rash or something. In any case, I'll just wait and see.
    Thanks, Chon, re the job. I've my fingers crossed too. This weekend is going to go for a long time, I can just tell, LOL!

Congrats on Ashley walking!!!

Amy- Aww hun I hope it yours... Laila didnt get any reaction this time which was is a first, no temp, no ****ty mood, no bumps etc.

We got Laila a Toy Pomeranian puppy yesterday thats 6 weeks old, I forgot what its like to have a newborn in the house,lol.

Thanks Lovey. Great that Laila didn't get any reactions. That's super.
    OMG, a dog?! LOL, how gorgeous... Three babies at once You go, girl.

Wow a little puppy, how cute! I would love to get a little dog but we already have a rotti x and dont have much time for him let alone another dog.

Congrats on Ashley walking, thats wonderful! Isnt it nice to see them walking around more, gives their knees and clothes a break

Glad to hear Natalie is doing okay

Mayas starting to copy more words now, she is going great, she now knows 'star', 'hat', and tried to copy me when I said brush but that comes out a bit unrecognizable. When I was visiting my Mum yesterday my Dad came home and Maya suddenly lit up and said 'Pappa'! out of the blue, I think it made my Dads day So now my Mum is going hardcore to get her to say Nanna...haha

Well done Ashley, they look so cute when they start, finally can where dresses.

Amy hope you have good news early Monday morning.

Lindsay new puppy sounds like you will have a hand full, whats the name.

Charly is starting to use the potty regularly, put her on in the morning when she first wakes up as she usually has a fairly dry nappy, saves it all for the potty. Unless she as an unusually long sleep.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast