Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2006 #7

Glad to hear all has gone well Amy and how lovely to get away!!

I'm afraid we havent even taken Maya to the beach yet, well not properly, she went when she was 4months and it was freezing. I'm not a fan of the beach and neither is my partner so it will be something we have to force ourselves to do for Mayas sake

Its funny how No.2 is always on our minds. I constantly think about it and change my mind all the time so think its best we wait. Probably till Maya is potty trained.

Hope everyone has a great New Years!!! Maya is staying at her nanna and Pappas tonight, already dropped her off as I am feeling a bit tired so it was a good way to have some 'me time' for a while......aaahhhhh the serenity

LOL Linz, only talking about #2 in order that we might establish we're not going to start trying for at least another year! I am going to continue to study massage 2 nights a week next year, so if anything it makes sense for us to wait until I'm qualified and working, KWIM?
    I was really worried about going away for some reason, but yeah, I'm so glad we went. I love the beach, but I don't swim (unless I'm unbearably hot, and even then only if the sea is flat as a tack). So I don't mind that Natty doesn't like the water I wouldn't worry about taking Maya to the beach just yet if you don't like it Chon - if she's at all like Natty she's still too young to appreciate it.
    How lovely that Maya's having a night out Have a lovely night off
    Happy New Year, everyone - don't rage too hard tonight! PMSL!

Hi Everyone
    Merry Xmas Happy Birthday and Happy New Year to all!!

We had a quiet new years playing cards at Grandma and Grandads.
    Issy has started walking and got 2 more teeth!!It's so cute.
    Where has the time gone??
    Yeah at getting away Amy and Nat sleeping well. I haven't taken Issy to the beach either but she loves the pool!
    Chat more soon

Oh I know, Shez - isn't time just flying along now?!
    Well done Issy on the walking!
    Natty is only really now getting proficient at 'cruising' the furniture - and she no longer uses her face to get back down to sitting position She has the two teeth at the bottom and only one at the top. OMG, her three-toothed smile is so glorious LOL!
    DH went and bought a massive LCD telly on Monday. Goodness' knows how we're going to afford it if I don't find a job soon

How wonderful to hear Issy is walking Maya goes about 2 metres now and then plops on her bum but she's getting there

We had a little accident the other night Maya has worked out she can move her little ride on car to the couch then use it as a step to get up on there!! she then fell off the couch and face planted onto the ground, thankfully all she got was a graze on her lip and little bleeding. She gave me such a fright. She is so fast now with everything she does and I cant turn my back for 5 seconds as she is trying to climb anything and everything.....Aaaarggghhh

Amy; so many guys are buying these big tellys now, I know of 5 that have recently bought a large LCD! I would love one but just cant justify it yet. We just got a new still camera and video camera as our other ones were so old and crappy quality. Have to wait till they are paid off.

Good luck with the job hunting!!

Oh, Chon, that must have been scary! But I think it is a rite of passage for all babies at some stage to fall off the lounge or the change table or bed or something, LOL. Seriously, I'm glad Maya is ok. They are tough little things.
    Having said that, accidents can happen so easily, can't they. My little nephew who is 19 months broke his wrist last week just stumbling on the driveway, poor bubba. He is fine, in plaster but not in pain. Just unlucky though I think.
    Ah, I'd love a video camera! We don't have one. The cameras are great investments to have with your little lovely

Hello Ladies,

Amy- Still at least you guys are talking about it!!! DH brought a LCD palsma about 6 months ago, its great but I still get freaked out when I think it cost $2K.

Chon- Poor Maya!!! How smart are they getting though?? Laila has now worked out instead of crawling backwards down our 19 stairs that she can hold the rail and walk down Eeeek!!!!! She has also used one of her 6 bikes (yep she has way to many bikes for a 1 yr old)to climb on out couch & coffee table.

Shez- Yay Issy!!!! Way to go...

Laila is saying so much now its not funny, she has now learnt to say bad bub bub..Hmm think ive said that to many times?? She also has a real attitude, she is like a mini me,lol. Tantys are getting really bad aswell *sigh*

Hello!!!!!!!

I hear you on the tanties, Linz. Not fun.
    Natty has been such a pain about going to bed for the night lately. And yesterday we went to a wedding and when we got home (around 11:30) I opened the door to check on her as I normally do and she woke up! Aghhh! So we had some midnight cuddles, then she woke at 6 this morning. I'm sooo tired...

Hi everyone

Don't get much of change to get on her these days, when she is a sleep I usually do a quick clean up or sit down and relax because it is usually only an hour. Finally updated my ticker, start of a new year where did the last one go.

Great to hear they are starting to walk.

Charly update
    Still only have 3 teeth 2 botom an one eye tooth, loves chewing on bones at the moment (hope that means there are more coming).
    Starting to walk to get what she wants, the most is about 4 meters to daddy.
    Brought her some shoes for christmas and whats to wear them all the time. Knew she would have a shoe thing as she will not leave them alone (any shoes must be touch and played with).
    Trying to give her less BF and give her milk, just starting to like the milk over water. Sometimes it is mouthful of milk them water them milk.
    Starting to get her to sleep in her cot at night after having BF, some days better then others. Also strange is she will get of BF and go for a drink of milk. Hope this is a sign she is weaning herself.

Congraulations Blakesmum.
    I would like to start trying but am a bit worried it will be a December baby so may wait a little while. Hard when so many people around me are conceiving the second child. Still if it happen it will be great.

Hello.....im a newie here...just wanetd to say hi....

OMG look at Charly!!!! She is so big... congrats on her walking!!!!

Welcome Jessica & Ashley John!!!

Yeah, Charly looks so gorgeous in that ticker photo!
    Welcome Jessica and Ashley How did you cope with that first birthday?
    Well girls, it feels like I have applied for like a million jobs this week! Hopefully something comes from it and I get at least one interview :s
    Natalie is getting so difficult at bedtimes. I am really struggling there. Otherwise, she's great... I'm wondering whether to trial just one day sleep? I know Maya only has one day sleep... What's everyone else doing sleep-wise these days?
    Oh, chon, my good friend just had her baby on Tuesday morning - another little Maya!

Wow, another Maya! Love to know where and why she chose the name

Not much happening here really. Only going to bed at a reasonable time has been hard. Maya will go down at 7pm then wake up at around 8-8.30pm and wants to be up for an hour to two or she cries like anything.

She is OBSESSED with her books! Every evening we read or look at a dozen books. She grabs my finger and directs it to what she wants to know the name of.

New word is shoe and she points to my foot when I ask where my foot is.

Oh and everyone is Dad

Hi Jessica and Ashley!!

Hello ladies.....you all have such clever lil kiddies....alll soo beautiful.

thank you for the welcome. Ah i didnt cope very well at all...wasnt a great time for me....i didnt bond with him at all for 4 months...as i was disappointed i didnt get my girl had some depression over that. i had a C section and i felt like id done soemthing wrong in not having a natural birth. but id go through it again cause he just brightens up my crappy days.

How are you all doing with you're lil ones?

Oh how sad, Jessica. I'm sorry Ashley's birth wasn't what you'd hoped for. There are some good threads around here about birth de-briefing, and gender disappointment too. If you haven't already found them, go hunting and you'll receive loads of support from people in a similar position as you've been.
    They are so worth all the hassle, aren't they? Sometimes I get really angry with Natty - she can be so needy sometimes - and then we'll share a cuddle and she'll gently pat my shoulder and I'll think, "Ah, this makes it all worthwhile"
    Chon, I haven't spoken with my friend just yet - I don't want to crowd her out because I know she's got a lot of family who will be wanting her time and attention atm. But when I do get a chance to call her or visit with her I'll ask about why she chose Maya for her little girl.
    Why did you choose Maya? Do you pronounce it My-a or May-a? I have only ever seen it written and so in my mind it has always been My-a, like the ancient culture from South America...
    Natty enjoys books too, though she's not as advanced in her language and comprehension as Maya by the sounds of things! LOL, she sounds like an absolute star!

Sorry to hear Jessica, I hope I dont have a lot of disappointment when I have my next baby as i am REALLY hoping for a boy. If I dont, my curiosity will always be 'wondering' what a son of mine would be like.........and I don't think I could handle 3 children....lol

Amy, I pronounce Maya as May-a, My-a sounds too close to Myra and I don't really like that name....no offense to anyone

Maya's language is actually a concern to my GP as she only knew two words when I took her at her 12mth appointment! I was a little shocked and now feel a bit of a 'bad mum' as she wants to see her in mid Feb to see if things have improved. I feel bad now when I want to do my own thing and just relax on the computer or something, I feel I should be teaching Maya words and stuff but I just need space, IYKWIM. It was a small relief when she repeated the word shoe to me the other day though.

Its a horrible hot day here in Adelaide 41....eeegh

Are you serious? How many words are they 'supposed' to have at 12 months?! I can't get Natalie to say 'bye' anymore... She'll wave but doesn't say it. She chatters unintelligibly, but Mum and Dad are the only words I can make out, and even those aren't always discriminate...
    Ooooh, 41, yucko.
    Spoke to my friend today on the phone - they are pronouncing it May-a as well. Chose it just cause they like it She was a big bub - 4.05kg!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast