Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2006

HI ladies!
    Sorry for being so slack, again.......
    Both Angel & Zac had their needles done on Tuesday, it went really well, surprisingly!!
    Catch up properly soon.

hi!
    Maya's got the green light from the doctor!! ultrasound looked good and her hip feels firm! they will check up on her in 3 months time to see how she is going.

She is cooing and getting louder with her voice now, its so cute when she lets out a loud noise that sounds like shes entertained.

Sorry to hear about your cold snacks.......seems one of us gets over one and another one gets one, hope I'm not next....*touch wood*

Watching Adelaide 500 now so catchya all later.

Yay for Maya, chon, that's awesome news!!

Yes indeedy, that's great news.
    My cold has died down to just about nothing now. I think it was just allergies.
    I'm an irresponsible parent and let my baby's nose get burnt at a picnic today

No your not Snacks! Sometimes you just cant help it!
    Shhheee I'm a bad mummy, Angel had a sharp nail & scratched her nose, man did it bleed.Now it's just a tiny little mark.

Aw, thanks Storm. Glad Angel's nose is better.
    I just felt really bad last night - I knew her face would be feeling really hot and of course she doesn't understand that she shouldn't rub it... I was just frustrated for not thinking of it during the day - it was cloudy so the sun was being subtle! Anyway, I'm slapping on the aloe vera gel and hoping she feels ok today!
    How do you get rid of sharp nails? I have been trying to peel Natalie's but they still seem very long...

I bite them off, their fingers dont stay still enough for clippers. The best time to do it is when they are either on the boob, or asleep in your arms. I "soak" her finger before I start biting, it makes the nail softer & easier to break off IYKWIM.
    Hope the Aloe vera hepls soothe Natalie's little face! Don't you dare feel bad OK!!

Feels funny biting someone elses nails - I bite my own, (one of my many bad habits ) but so weird doing hers like that...
    Anyone else got cradle cap? I didn't realise that's what it was until I showed it to SIL and she told me. Natalie has lots of hair so you can't see it very well, and it doesn't seem to bother her, but I thought I'd try to get rid of it... Have rubbed in a little bit of olive oil on her scalp and waiting to give her a brush over tomorrow. Funny thing is she now stinks like the kitchen and her hair looks hilarious - all greased up in clumps. Hope it works...

awwww, these things happen. Aloe vera should do the job well!

Also with nails, I do exactly what storm does. It is good to soften it too. some mums like to do it after a bath as well, as they stay soft for quite a while. I nibble gently at one corner then it should just 'peel away' with your fingers, just take your time.

Maya 'almost' fliped over when I gave her some tummy time tonight, I got a photo of it too!

Snacks Charly had some dry flakes on her scald we did the olive oil but I but a tiny bit of lavendar oil to make it smell good. When I washed it the skin some of the skin came of I give it another go today... cannot have her flaking at the wedding on Saturday.

Oo, hooray for Maya - how clever!
    The lavendar oil is a good idea! Anything's got to smell better than that olive oil tho, LOL! A wedding - how exciting. You get to show off your baby to more people! We went to a party on Saturday night and I enjoyed showing Natalie off,
    Had our first mothers' group today. It was ok, but I reckon I prefer talking to you guys! (No, I'm not just saying that )

We have got a nice little group here but we must try and get on here more, I want to hear what everyone's bubbies are up to!!

Well...............today Maya did something we didnt expect..............

she turned over onto her back all by herself!!! TWICE too.
    Had to make sure it wasnt a fluke

We couldnt believe it, she seemed quite happy with herself too, but not as excited as her Mum and Dad!! Now I am trying to get her to do it on camera, she has been a bit snooty since yesterday. I think she is going through another growth spurt. She was quite moody last night and I ended up giving her some panadol to calm her down, it worked, which surprised me.

Way to go Maya! How exciting.Hope you get her doing it on camera Chon, wowee she has started early.

Wow, that's great! Good for her. Eugh, must ask you guys about bedtime routines... maybe tomorrow. I'm sooooo tired. Gnight.

Ahhhhh Snacks, what has happened to your sleep? Poor you! Sleepy vibes to Natalie!!!!

Well done Maya, Charly nearly did about a week ago but I didn't realise and she got her arm stuck.

But she is moving her self around her cot, not sure how yet to catch her but I will but her in asleep with head to the wall and when I check on her legs are to the wall or she is side ways and its not just her legs moving her head is in a totally different position ??? I need to set up a camera.

Just wondering Charly has gone back to not sleeping much during the day at the moments ... had about two weeks where she had a 2-4 hour sleep in the afternoon. Yesterday I tried to put her down when she looked tired and was grissally, she cried herself to sleep within 10 to 15 minutes but only sleep 30 minutes. I did the same thing about a month ago with the same results just wonder if anyone has tried it and had the same results. She wakes up so happy there is no way she is going back to sleep. Guest she is like her dad he has little cat naps when he can.

Bedtime routine around eight I try to go to her room and feed her and she usually goes to sleep. Need to look at adding the reading of a book.

All routine out the window this weekend fly to Adelaide early Saturday morning at airport by 5.30 and back on Tuesday night.

Hope everyone is doing well, Charly just woke up can hear her chatting to her mobile.

Oh, these clever babies - turning themselves around and rolling over! How fast they grow!
    Ah, day sleeping... I'm no authority there, Charly's mum. In fact I need to kind of blurt things out and hopefully you can all be patient with me and let me know what you think...
    Natalie is an erratic sleeper, probably because I haven't introduced any sort of bedtime 'routine'. Other than wrapping, there's no other consistent way I put her to bed in the daytime. During the day she sleeps downstairs in the portacot because its sooooo hot upstairs. Sometimes I put her in the stroller and take her for a walk to sleep (cause I want to shift some weight... also if I'm feeling tired and impatient this seems like the easiest, safest option ). She doesn't go to sleep until 9:30 at the earliest at night, it always ends with me feeding her to sleep, usually with a bottle of EBM, and I'm wondering if the timing's too late? Should I try to get her down earlier? I guess I just figured if she went to bed about the same time I did then I'd get the most sleep, but I'm now really worried that I'm forming 'bad habits' etc. I don't care about the inconvenience to me, cause at the moment there's none but what about her? I wonder if an earlier bedtime would be better for her? Would she be a happier baby? She can be grumpy all day sometimes. She is smiley and sweet after a feed and either side of her bath (she looooves the bath) but some days she can cry pretty much the rest of the day, unless I manage to get her to sleep for any considerable length of time. So, ok, maybe she's just a cry-y baby, or maybe she's constantly tired? I don't think I can cope with crying to sleep just yet - she's so little and I love cuddles, but is that selfish of me? (You don't have to just say no to be polite, I really want to know - should I be more conscientious in getting her to learn to get herself to sleep properly?) I figured because she was sleeping well at night I didn't need to change anything during the day, but now she's waking for a feed after 5 hours, which is ok, but then she'll sometimes stir and fuss a bit after only 2 hours after that! She doesn't need a feed, just resettling, but this really takes it out of me. Do you think the bother with night sleeping is a result of crappy day sleep?
    Sorry about the long post. Just a bit confused and worried that I'm not doing the right thing for her.

BTW, her nose is back to normal colour, hooray! Just have to put on the sorbeline now because it was looking like peeling this morning Gee this responsibility thing is taxing

Snacks, I must have a totally different approach , but I will say this, after having 5 kids, I am more relaxed with bubby. Even though I know she should be asleep, but if she was tired enough she would be, even though I KNOW she is sleepy! If she is grizzly, I give her a dummy, or cuddle her, toys, yadda yadda yadda, even so, most of the day she can be a right pain, she sleeps all night so I kinda am not so fussed on the daytime sleeps, as long as she has a few hours. It doesn't matter if you cuddle her to sleep either, I loooove that!
    Right now they are going through the whole routine change thing, which can upset them very much, so basically I just let her do what she does, cos she knows better than me what she wants/ needs.
    Having said that, I haven't changed the way I do things to suit her, bath/ bedtime etc has stayed at the same times.
    Zac was such an easy baby< lay him down he would sleep, so Angel is a real wake up call, she will occassionally settle in our room, after numerous trips back & forth to put in the rotten dummy.
    You are doing the right thing by her, your there for her, I dont know about crappy day sleep interfering with her night sleep though, coz Angel is the same through the day, but has good night sleeps. She also sleeps in the lounge room through the day, with all the noise etc & sleeps far better out here than inthe quiet dark room??? And has her last bottle anywhere from 9pm til 11pm, so I dont think you are putting her to bed too late, really I think it's not our choice what time they go to bed yet.So don't worry too much about it. And sometimes Angel feed to sleep too, you can;t really help that.You're not causing bad habits, you giving Natalie all she needs/wants. I was up at 2am Monday playing "toot toot" with Zaccie, he he, cos he wouldn't go back to sleep in the storm, & he hasn't tried it again.
    Your doing a great job, so relax & enjoy your bubba. Some days here, our place is a total write off, now coming from a neat freak, I ignore it. Kids grow up way too fast to worry about how clean the house is, or how much washing is falling out of the basket. ROFL. On a good day, my house is perfect & my kids are happy. Any other day, happy kids, shambles of a house!!You can thave everything!!

Hope I am of some help to you. Probably not, but Angel seems to do the same as Natalie somedays.........

**eta** GLAD HER NOSE IS GETTING BETTER
    Last edited by storm; March 8th, 2007 at 01:32 PM. Reason: forgot Nats nose

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast