Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2006

Awww good luck for today Natalie!
    Hope both you and Isabella get better soon Shez!

Hi everyone

Well Maya didnt get needles today, the will do them next Tuesday as her splint will be off on Sunday. They didnt want to do it with the splint on as it would irritate the area and make it worse for her. So I will just stress about it for another week...LOL

Snacks;does Natalie have a clicky hip??? Try not to stress if she does need the splint, time goes quickly, its been 10 weeks for us on Sunday and Maya's comes off, I can't wait!!!!

Hope everyone is well
    cya
    Chantal

Oh Shez, what a drag! I hope you and Isabella feel better soon.
    Thanks for the well-wishes, girls.
    Yup, Chantal, Nat's left hip was clicky at birth, but they decided to wait until now to check it out further.
    The ultrasonographer today thought her hips look fine, but we will follow up with the paediatrician on Thurs. I couldn't believe how quick and easy it all was today, actually. Though I did have to turn around when we were half-way there and go home to get the referral that I'd forgotten to bring with us Talk about baby-brain, LOL.
    How cool that Maya's brace comes off on the weekend! You'll have to get some photos of her first bath!
    I can't believe the rain here! It has finally stopped for the first time today...

Snacks; I just wondered if you have seen a splint on a baby or not.....I can send you some pics of maya if you are interested and anyone else who is wondering what they look like, just so everyone knows what I am talking about as I never came across them before I had Maya. Send me an email and I will reply to that, seems the easiest way.... [email protected]

Shez hope your both feeling better soon, Charly and I are the same I've had it for afew days and looks like Charly got it now. Making her not want to sleep without mum, just hoping her nose doesn't get to blocked.

Snacks I would give them another call about the classes, when I rang the one in my suburb was full until the end of March, but the one in the next suburb had spots. Seem strange them not giving you availablity info at least.

Hmm, might do that I think. Hope you and Charly get better quickly. It's hard trying to fight off a cold with so little sleep... I've been downing berocca most mornings to ward of a sore throat - might be psychological, but I'm feeling better for it! (Even though it does funny things to your wee )
    Thanks Chon - have sent you an email.

Hi

Looks like we are making a trip to Adelaide in March FIL getting married, not sure if for weekend or longer,DH has to sort work out. All DH family live down there so hopefully longer then weekend as getting around to them all will be tiring (not all on speaking terms).

Now to decide on basics, our first family holiday/trip . Cannot wait to show her off LOL

Cool, that is way exciting. It's scary having to think of all the things you might need for Charly while you're away - I wouldn't know where to start

Hi everyone, went to the follow-up at the paediatrician this morning. All clear on the hips.
    Booked in to my GP for 6 week checkup next week and she suggested we bring Natty in for her needles at the same time What a crap morning that's going to be.
    Hope everyone is feeling well and those colds are clearing up.

So happy to hear Natalie is clear with the hips!!

Yes, the dreaded needles, what day is it happening? Maya's is next Wednesday, not looking forward to it as you all know....lol

Hope everyone's coping alright with the crazy weather we are all having, its close to 40 in Adelaide and will be on the weekend. The air conditioner is getting a workout. Is it still raining in the other parts of Australia???

Catchya
    Chantal

Thanks, Chantal. Nat's needles are Wednesday too. Not raining here anymore - I'm pretty sure it's cleared out in western NSW too. Hopefully we'll get some more tho - it acually fell in the catchment area for once, LOL.
    Anyone see their friends who don't have kids? Most of ours seem to have dropped off the face of the planet. People said it would happen, but I thought, 'no, not *our* friends'... Kind of disappointing, really. I love my little girl, but sometimes I long for adult conversation - my sms's go unreturned. Ah, well.

Hey guys - I'm a slacker - sorry. I'll try harder to check in wiht eveyone.

Hope the 8w needles go OK. Second baby and I still cried Poor little sausage. He had "THAT" cry if you know what I mean!!!!! I stayed in the waiting room with DD so it really hurt me this time around.

Getting pretty good sleeps. He goes down between 8pm and 10pm, and sleeps til about 1am in his bass, then comes into bed with us til about 3-4am then I feed. He sleeps terrible after that though - unless hes in bed. Bloody little bugger!!!!

Keep smiling girls - the good times are ahead! I promise

Hi everyone

Charly has sleep 6-7 hours for the last 3 nights, just wish I didn't have to express in the middle of the night. Like Fi when she wakes at 4 or 5 likes to come to bed with us feeds and goes to sleep. I have been trying to put her back in her cot ... if I'm awake... when she has settled down. Hope this in not because she has a cold, guess I'll know in the next week as the cold seems to be going. Maybe because I am rugging her up more and the nights temp drops she is not feeling it as much ... so warm and humid to begin with.

Though I was getting matitis again this morning expressing didn't work last night, then tried butting Charly on to suck the area that was sore didn't work . But when I took her off I noticed my nipple had a white spot I scratched it off ... an the stream of milk that came out and with in minutes the sore hard spot was going ..LOL... disaster avoided.

Have booked flight and car for Adelaide in mid March 4 days only.

Brought a camcorder yesterday to catch all those moments.

We are having rain on and off here over the last few days, just wish more would go in the dam. Oh well at least our pool is close to full now and the grass is green again.

Hope all the needles go well this week.

Congratulations on the hips Snacks and Chon what a change it will make without the splint

Happy Splint Removal Day, Maya!
    Exciting about the holiday, Charly's mum. Soon you'll be introducing your gorgeous little one to all the relos, lol. Good fun.
    Welcome back, Fi. Glad you and Hamish are going well. Sorry about the bad needle experience. I think in some ways it's more emotionally traumatic for the parents than the babies - we have the sense of dread leading up to the event, then the guilt to deal with after
    ETA: Oops, forgot to brag - Natalie slept from 10pm through to 6am last night!!! (I got up at 3:30am to make sure she was still breathing ) Trying not to take it for granted, heh heh.
    Last edited by Snacks; February 18th, 2007 at 04:50 PM.

Snacks good to hear Natalie slept thru, I still get up to check too.

Hi everyone!!

Yay for Maya getting her splint off!!!!!!!!

Great to hear all the babies are starting to sleep through! Angel has for ages now, but she wakes up between 4/5 & wont settle un less she's in bed with me he he I love it.

boo on all the needles too, we haven't been yet, I have Zac's 18 months to do aswell, but they both have a cold, so waiting for them to get better.

Angel's ligation went well, the mass fell off on Sunday, so much easier than Zaccie's was, but she has a heart murmur, nothing major, the pead wants to check it again in a month. He also weighed her & she was 4.5kgs, wow she's growing so fast, yet she is still skinny!

Hope everybody had a lovely day!!

Glad all is well with Angel, Storm. They do get big quickly, don't they? Natalie has outgrown some of her clothes which makes it real for me - she's getting bigger!

Hi everyone!

Well, I thought I had a happy baby before!....................but now, she is smiling all the time, even when I feed her!!!

Thanks for all your well wishes for Maya!! Her splint is off and she LOVED her bath, she didnt want to get out! I'm going to give her one everyday. She feels so soft too, no hard splint getting in the way!

She is sleeping longer too, so all is very good here.

cheers
    chantal

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast